All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
319 Rideau StKing Edward and Rideau Street, OttawaONK1N5Y4Canada, ‏‎855-238-1590

Bad amenities
    Bad breakfast
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Overnighter in Ottawa."
Short but sweet.
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
"Great stay close to nightlife and food clean"
Stay was good. Staff was friendly and good. Only thing was the wifi didn't work the first night, but they got it fixed.
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"My experience with the Days Inn on Rideau Street"
The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff were very pleasant and accommodating whenever I needed additional toiletries, coffee, etc. They did a great job keeping the room very clean and neat.
9 night trip Sep 25, 2015
"Close to downtown"
No internet connection in our 2 nights of stay.
2 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Television cable could have been better & wi-fi wasn't was they it was, unable to connect
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Lucien
"Location"
My two night stay went well. The nearness to downtown was excellent. There seemed to be a lot of homeless people in the area but there were no problems. The room was clean and comfortable. A bit stingy on toiletries which I don't take when traveling due to weight restrictions.
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
Was there in August and well renovations are completed in the main lobby. Still work being done on the 2nd floor. Said I would go back to same hotel and I did! Room was clean and comfortable bed. All I need!
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
Christine
"Horrible Experience"
The pillow cases from previous use were not changed, wrinkled and smelled. We called immediately called and rude receptionist grudgingly changed them and claimed they were simply damp, not fully try hence it appeared wrinkled but had no explanation for the smell. I stayed three nights using same towels and we even ran out of toilletries. Am completely turned off of any thing Days Inn. Despicable.
3 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Casimir
"Would stay there again."
Hotel was being renovated, the hallways and stairwell were obviously being worked on. We arrived late at night so there was no work crew noise. Room was clean, and beds were very comfortable. Only downfall...there was no one answering front desk after midnight when we wanted to request an early wake-up call, left message but no call in am. Luckily, we had our own alarms.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
Olivia
"Unhappy"
We visited during a warm , humid August day. The Floor was carpeted. The room had an overwhelming pungent musky odour. The air conditioner remained on during our stay, I tried to leave the door open as I could to air out the room, but even hours later the odour was strongly present. I would suggest that room, should not have been offered to the public until the carpet was replaced. The sheets and linens were fine! The desk service was fine.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Location A prime!!!"
Excellent location, great value but was in middle of renovation so a little extra noise but wouldn't stop me from staying again. On last thing, I did call the day of to confirm room and that we needed a cot. The gentleman said he'd personally bring the cot to the room well ahead of our arrival. Well got to room and no cot. Called front desk and got a cold response saying it would be $10 more a night...like that's a deal breaker or something. I told him this was all pre arranged and I really don't mind the extra charge. And he asked me "so do you want it?" Anyways, a little costumer service training would fix that. Other then that all good.....definitely recommend for location is prime.
2 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2015
Lino
"Great trip"
We had a very pleasant stay. Overall the hotel and staff were fantastic. Only down fall was the renos going on and the amount of dust in the air. The room was very clean despite everything going on in the hallways
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Clean and comfortable stay in Downtown Ottawa"
The hotel was under heavy renovation but the rooms were clean and comfortable. Good location with lots of groceries around, unbeatable rate for parking. Rideau street seemed somewhat weird during the night...
3 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Monica
"Anniversary getaway"
The water had little to no variety of temperature. It was either ice cold or scalding hot. It was being renovated during our stay. Our room was already done and was very nice. Needs to add a continental breakfast.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
"Poor wi-fi!"
Hotel is under renovations. Not close to being done!
2 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
louis
"Don't get near this place!"
The worst hotel ever! Wifi didn't work,bad cleaning, hear in the shower, dirty restroom, AC didn't work, dirt all over and very noisy.
4 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
IL
"Weekend Visit to Ottawa"
Wanted to be in the heart of Ottawa and your hotel definitely was the answer. Desk personnel were well groomed and very easy to talk with. Brenda the room housekeeper did an excellent job. Towels were a bit small but serviceable. Pleased that the contractor stopped working by 7:30. Glad that Parking was available at a reasonable price. Would definitely recommend your hotel.
3 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2015
Marg
Not very satisfied
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
indoo
"Good experience"
Me and my family had a great night the room was great and very comfortable and next time we're in Ottawa we will for sure stay there. Everyone was so nice and everything was great!
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Renata
"Alice in Wonderland meets the Bronx"
How to describe? Mix of Alice in Wonderland meets Bronx. When our family arrived in evening we were scared. Sketchy area. The front foyer is scary, paint peeling & dirty. Hallway had black walls & carpet neon colors/black, Under renos still. They tried to renovate room & looks mostly nice & modern. Bed was comfy but room smells musty, bathroom door old with 10 layers of paint & didn't close.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Val
"Upgrade a nice surprise"
The staff was very accomodating and upgraded our room when we got there which was very nice. The hotel is under going some renovations, but did not inconvenience us in any way. Over all was a very comfortble stay.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Wendy
"Special room"
One weird thing is that we got a room for handicapped people? It wasn't a big deal, only a bit uncomfortable when it came to showering.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
"Terrible hotel"
Terrible experience
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Doug
"Don't stay there"
While the receptionist and cleaning staff were friendly, this was the most unclean hotel I have experienced. They are undergoing construction. There were no signs stating such and at no time did any of the staff acknowledge the work being done. The hallways were disgusting. Dust was everywhere, the carpets were dirty, and the walls were stained and there was drywall either lying in slabs against the walls or with chunks taken out of it. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone at this time. Perhaps it will be better following construction
3 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Craig
"The worst Days Inn"
We have found Days Inn in other places to be pleasant, but not this one! It is in the process of being renovated, but the painting, wallpapering, etc. is not done very well. The quilt on our bed had been washed, was still a bit damp and the filling had turned into big lumps. We asked for a replacement, but we're told none were available. Not very comfortable. There also were some issues with the plumbing. The location was great, just ten minutes walking from the Byward Market. Supermarket just a minute away. Free parking was a plus.
3 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Jan
"Renovations"
No warning when booking that the hotel was under major renos. Loud during the day, very dusty hallways. Paid full price for a work in progress
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Ottawa"
Museums are awesome, parking protected (gated)
2 night family trip May 18, 2015
Lenora
"Dark and run down Hotel"
Dark hotel room. Hotel needs a mojor renovation.
3 night business trip May 12, 2015
Tony
"was a decent night and centrally located"
was centrally located, hotel was decent at an affortable price
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Courtney
"Not a pleasent experience for the money we paid."
My sincere advice if anybody dosent find any hotel then you can try this one.
1 night family trip May 11, 2015
Sanjay
"Good stay"
The hotel was under reno's so a little messy in places but is quiet, for the long weekend, stayed there years ago when it was new and will stay again when the reno's are complete good price for downtown.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Average Price $120/night & don't expect luxury"
The hotel just recently done some renovations and it smelled a little bit. The materials they used were of quality but the paint job was pretty bad. You can see lots of small paint smears on the tiles and carpet.
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
Dominic
"Good but renovating"
We stay here often when visiting family. It is convenient to everything. My only complaint this time was they were replacing the floor in the main lobby and we ended up having to climb 3 flights of stairs because this put the elevator out of service, only difficult because I have mobility issues. Understandably it is hard to renovate a business that is open 24/7 but had I known I probably would have asked for a room on the 2nd floor.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Monica
"Our stay at the Days Inn"
We felt it was further away from the Rideau Centre than advertised. On our walk , we felt uneasy going through some of the rough areas.However It was well located as far as grocery stores, liquor stores etc.fast food places The staff on the desk were very helpful in giving us details for transit
1 night trip with friends May 12, 2015
Rose
"Average hotel accommodation"
Handy to downtown Ottawa, but construction was ongoing and somewhat noisy - restaurant in hotel had toilet in basement account construction, and poor service.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Doug
"NEVER AGAINT"
plus jamais je vais retourner a cette hotel, ca sent mauvais c'est sale
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
GAGNE
"Good value city centre hotel."
The hotel is in a central location, walking distance to Parliament Hill, bars, restaurants etc. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The parking was 5 dollars a night which was good value. I wouldn't want to stay there for more than a few nights but it was fine as an overnight stop in Ottawa. The hotel is undergoing refurbishment at the moment but this didn't inconvenience us at all and will improve the condition of the rooms etc.
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"Good large room"
the morning clerk was very pompous and made me feel she had better places to be. The afternoon clerk was lovely. The hotel was close to grocery stores and the Market and my conference.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
"Good Clean Place to Lay your Head!"
When we arrived I was informed that the room I booked became unavailable due to a maintenance issue and they already had an upgraded suite ready for us if we wish at no extra cost. I thought that was wonderful. My daughters and I enjoyed are stay and will go back again.Clean room, quiet floor and right downtown for shopping!
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Wanda
"Comfortable & affordable"
Comfortable 1 night stay in Ottawa. Great location near downtown restaurants & bars. Hotel was undergoing some renovations, so it didn't look the best, but it didn't disturb us.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Stephen
"Rough part of Ottawa"
Beds were comfortable, but rooms were run down and shabby. There was a shooting in front of the hotel on our last morning!
3 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
"Unsatisfid"
Very disappointed in the hotel will not go back. First, when we got the hotel we notice that the hotel was under construction, but what we didn’t know that met that the 2 nights we stayed we were going to be woken up by the workers sawing and hammering at 12:30am and 3:00 am. The front desk did apologies and said they would into the first night and yet the second night it happened again. Second, when we got in our room it was old and didn’t look nice the ceiling was chipping and bathroom was dirty. We could even sit on one of the chairs in the room because the back was not attached properly. A will not be going back to this hotel. The only good thing about this hotel is the staff when I checked out, the gentlemen was very nice and apologies and was really sincere.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Alexandra
"Poor"
This hotel needs lots of improvements and urgent renovations
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Francoise
"Comfort in the Centre of Ottawa"
We enjoyed the stay. The room was comfortable, clean and warm. When noisy neighbors carried on, a call to the front desk changed things back to normal, immediately. A hairdryer did not work, and the front desk people gave access to another one, immediately. We checked our bags at the hotel the last day there, very satisfactorily. The lobby seemed in need of some decorating, but, as for the rest of the hotel, the wallpaper was beautiful and the art was pleasant. Would definitely stay there again. Very close to most everything downtown!
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Beverley
"Reliable"
Days Inn on Rideau St. is reliable, economical and centrally-located. Good for work or tourism-related travel.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Byward Market"
Short walk to Byward market and ice skating on the canal. Room was comfortable and affordable. Staff was friendly.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Never coming back."
This place was a terrible experience. Staff didn't want to help or serve anybody. Parking was a mess. Snow everywhere, and no one to shovel it. Next time, I'm spending my money somewhere else. We even asked for forks and they said they did not have forks for the entire Inn. You're kidding. There's a restaurant downstairs. Waste of money.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
"disappointed stay"
the room was freezing, the heater in the room did nothing to warm it up. the water was freezing as well. but the bed was comfortable. I will not be going back.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Pleasant stay, near to downtown area"
The hotel is located nearby to the Downtown area, 500m walk to the Parliment House. It was a pleasant stay except the lift was broken during our stay. However, they updgraded our room and help us to carry the luggage.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Hazman Hadi
"Bad Christmas Holidays"
Good Location. On several bus routes.Hotel under construction and While I was sleeping I got bit by something, I think It was spiders. I received 5 or 6 bits around my right eye. The staff tried there best to help.
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014