All hotels in Clackamas, Oregon, United States of America
12566 Se 93rd Ave, Clackamas, OR, 97015, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

I was not pleased at all.I rented room specifically with a jetted tub in the room to surprise my boyfriend for a romantic night to celebrate his birthday and when we went to use the hot tub half of the jets fell out and were floating around. So we did not get to enjoy the full effects of the jetted tub.We brought the broken pieces to the front and let them know we were greatly disappointed because thats the only reason I spent a little more for that room. They said there was nothing they could do about it and would have a manager call me that following Monday. Well it is now the next friday and I still have not recieved a call from any of them. I would never recommend this to anyone. Although, Sam's Restaurant inside hotel was amazing food, amazing and very friendly staff and definately the highlight of our trip.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Valerie Hendricks
We stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed it. We would go on our outings and bring back food put it in the fridge then in the the next day take it downstairs and they would always heat it up and put it on real plates. They were amazing.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Laura - Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Monarch. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future!
3 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
laura
"This is nice hotel for the price i paid."
Its good hotel for business purpose. Its good for this price. Close to the mall.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for your post. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Everything was great except for the bed was very uncomfortable.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. I am sorry to hear that you found the bed uncomfortable.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Decent stay, a little disappointed by price"
I figured that because of the price of the room that it would be a great room, unfortunately I have stayed at better places for cheaper. Good room, nothing wrong with it....a little outdated. Room service disregarded our do not disturb sign and walked in on my family sleeping at 8 am the second morning....good morning!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Mya
Would stay again.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for your post. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"PERFECT!!"
Stayed the night at the Monarch Inn over Spring Break because of the location (close to Clackamas Town Center). Wish we could have stayed longer. The hotel staff was very friendly and our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We will definitely stay here again!!
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear <3 my family - Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Monarch Hotel. We are glad to have been part of a terrific spring break memory!
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
<3 my family!
"Close to Clackamas Mall and shopping District"
Rooms were neat a little small, but right for the price.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for your post. We hope you had the chance to enjoy the terrific shopping at the Clackamas Town Center and Clackamas Promenade. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future!
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Strong value and just what we're looking for"
2nd time at the Monarch, VERY convenient location to SO much, always VERY clean and well maintained. You just don't see wear and tear at the Monarch. It's not a vacation get away with a killer view. It's a solid value, where you never have to be concerned about....well, about anything. Thanks.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Pat - Thank you for sharing your comments about the Monarch. We are glad that you have enjoyed your visits and find our hotel a good value. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future! Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2014
Pat Maddock
"Not Worth Your Time or Money"
I was meeting a friend for a reunion and chose this hotel because it seemed very nice and I wanted our weekend to be enjoyable, including where we stayed. After hearing the desk clerk complain about how much she wanted a cigarette, we asked for rooms near one another. Do you smoke? she asked. I can see why she thought so, because we reeked of smoke, having passed through a group of smokers surrounding the door of the hotel, most of them employees. This smoking crowd was a gauntlet we had to run every time we entered or left the hotel. Fix it, Monarch. It's disgusting and a health menace nonsmokers shouldn't have to endure. I got into my room---do not stay in 204---and it was 80 degrees and the view was of nothing but a tarred and filthy roof. I couldn't see anything but a slice of sky and some windows across the hotel. It was truly the worst room in the hotel. I might understand if the hotel was full, but the parking lot was less than a third occupied throughout the weekend. Why did you give this, the worst room, to one of your few guests? The overheated room bothered me so I turned the air conditioning unit to "hi", noting that this unit was at least thirty years old---something that a hotel like the Monarch (was supposed to be) should have updated long ago. The unit shut off while we were out and I came back to an 80 degree room. Nothing on the unit worked, now and I called the desk, where someone told me to "just open the window." Fail, Monarch.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Disappointed
"Good service, clean and quiet"
Good location, clean and lots of extras. No microwave in room was dissapointing.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Nic: Thank you for sharing your comments about the Monarch. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you were disappointed that we did not have microwaves in our room.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
"Overall Nice Place to Stay"
This was generally really great--quiet clean room, convenient to lots of chain restaurants and the mall and 205. The only strange thing was having to wait over five minutes at the front desk while the staff person dealt with a personal phone call.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Monarch. Your comments have been forwarded to the Front Office Manager to address with her staff. Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"Very happy"
We were not informed that we could order breakfast from the restaurant rather than have the buffet which was not at all what we wanted for our meal,especially for the price.We would have liked better notice of what was available to us.Outside of that we were extremely happy with our stay,your staff was excellent and we will be back for sure.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Rusty B. Taylor
"Close to where I wanted to go."
Needs updating, but friendly staff and comfortable room---good rates.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for your post! We are looking at doing some guest room updates in the Fall.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Good Value"
It's a medium priced hotel with a nice restaurant and friendly staff. The rooms are clean and the surroundings pleasant. Its a good value.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Earl - Thank you for your post. We are glad that you found the hotel a good value and had the chance to enjoy the restaurant. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future! Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
3 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Earl
"The romantic date night"
It was great with early check in and very friendly staff.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for your post. We are glad to hear that you had a lovely date night with us!
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"SERVICE+++++"
Super
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear BD - Thank you for rating us! We are glad that your enjoyed our service! Tammy Thompson Director or Sales
3 night business trip Jan 23, 2014
BD
"Nice hotel that offers allergy free rooms"
The hotel is right off the freeway and is close to restaurants and a mall. The floor I stayed on did not allow pets or smoking and my room was feather-free -- a big plus for someone who has allergies and asthma. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful.They have a helpful, customer-oriented attitude and respond to requests quickly.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Dee - We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations comfortable. Thank you for taking the time to post! Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
Dee
"Clean, lobby staff pleasant, house keeping great."
The hotels double QUEEN room is furnished with full sized beds.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear RW: Thank you for your post. We are happy to hear that you found the staff pleasant and housekeeping great. All of our rooms have either king or queen size Serta, perfect sleeper pillow top beds. Perhaps since our double queen rooms are 327 sq.ft. the size of the beds appeared smaller? Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
RW
"Covnenient and confortable"
We stayed for a week during the holidays. We were treated like we were part of the family, but not over staying the visit like you would be at family members home. It was warm and cozy in the lobby with a fireplace. The restaurants were very good, high priced and not good for the morning. We went else where every morning.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Debbie - Thank you for posting about your stay at the Monarch. We are glad that you found your visit comfortable and welcoming! We are also glad to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy Sam's for a meal or two. We hope that your family will decide to stay with our Monarch family again in the near future! Best regards, Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Debbie
"Close to family and shopping"
Stayed here Christmas night because family lives up the street and we were hitting the mall in the morning! Would not bother paying for a jacuzzi suite again because the jets were weak to say the least, water barely moved so it just seemed noisy!
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for taking the time to post. We hope you were able to find some terrific post-Christmas deals at the Clackamas Town Center! We are sorry that you didn't find the Jacuzzi tub to your liking and recommend one of our standard rooms on your next visit.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Outdated spendy for what you get"
We stayed here 4 nights. The first night we had a first floor room where at 10:30 pm as we were about asleep, a loud thud then the sound of water woke us up quick! This happened again at 5:30am so we asked for a top floor room. The staff was nice and said she could but to be aware the 3rd floor rooms use to be smoking rooms and although they are not now people tend to complain on the smell. Coming out of the elevator you could smell that the carpet was old and they tried to clean it to rid the odor which was not happening. If they would replace the carpet it would be fine. Our room was much quieter with no noise and the bed was comfy. They need to update and get thicker towels too. The most disappointing thing was the expensive nearly $30 pp brunch on Christmas morning! Way over priced and the food was all very cheap, dry and processed. I would not recommend it at all. Several years ago it was excellent but now it has went downhill. The waitress we had was great and I did leave her positive feedback for the management. We will not stay here again.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Christmas visit"
Good hotel. I've stayed at better and I've stayed at worse. It was somewhat disconcerting to find a set of used men's underwear under the bed. Staff apologized and tried to compensate. I don't know if there was anyone in adjacent rooms - we heard little. There were not many cars parked in the lot. On the other hand, it sounded as if the guest in the room above us was herding cattle. Perhaps the inter-room insulation in this property is not all it should be.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
"Not a great place"
Previous reviews have mentioned the poor internet. Let me echo that over again. I had a room right by the router. Signal was so weak, Skype didn't work. The system they use to authenticate you didnt work on my laptop 90% of the time. Food in the restaurant was overpriced for the quality. Musty smell in the lobby, the skybridge, and my room. Front desk staff was swearing, speaking rudely to other guests and people on the phone. Was very close to forfeiting my $700 to stay somewhere else. Maid service was less than desirable. Will not stay there again, regardless of the convenience to my jobsite.
8 night business trip Nov 30, 2013
The Monarch continues to be a great place to stay for our annual shopping trip to the malsl. The staff was very accommodating. I did notice that it is starting to get a little run down, the bathtub finish is starting to go, but other than that it is a great price for the $$. Miss the gift shop!
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Patti - Thank you for being our guest on your annual holiday shopping trips. We miss Anna and her gift shop as well, but she was ready to move on to some new ventures. We hope to see you again this winter! Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Patti
"Deceiving"
The outside is nice. The lobby is nice. We had high hopes about the restaurant. Boy were we wrong. We specifically asked for a non smoking room and when we got in there it smelled so overpowering of smoke that I called the front desk so I wouldn't be charged for it. Only half the outlets worked and the pillows went flat as pancakes the second you laid down. The breakfast was awful. Watery, soggy eggs and potatoes and the slowest service you could imagine. Just avoid this place and stay at a chain hotel.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Good value, great staff"
The facilities & amenities aren't anything special. Plenty of parking out front, overall clean, hallways smelled a bit like tobacco smoke even in the non-smoking floor (but smelled fine inside of the room), towels were rough & scratchy, walls were very thin (could hear the neighbors well into the night), location was convenient being close to freeway entrance/shopping/food, decent restaurant on site, printer & computers in lobby, and free wi-fi in room. Service from the staff was excellent from front desk to restaurant. One of the servers helped me out immensely when I wanted to grab something quick to eat before running to an appointment, and she was so pleasant about it.
2 night business trip Dec 2, 2013
Riya
This hotel is close to everything and is one of "Best for the Price" we have stayed at.
That you for your post! Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
The hotel was very nice. We enjoyed our stay.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.We hope that you will be our guest again in the future!
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Okay place that has seen better days"
It was fine but overall I felt that I was back a few decades in time. Could use some modernization throughout.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Ken
"convention seminar site"
nice clean and accommodating. Clean and quiet rooms despite the nearby highway traffic. would stay again.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Ron - Thank you for sharing about your stay at the Monarch. We are glad to hear that you found your room clean, quiet and accommodating. I hope the convention was enjoyable and that you will think of us next time you are in Oregon! Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Ron
"Late arrival welcoming room"
We arrived late and room was all that we expected. The next day I had a meeting that lasted all day. My wife did a late check out(noon) and then found plenty of shopping within walking distance.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Ron, Thank you for staying with us here at the Monarch! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your wife was able to enjoy the shopping at the Clackamas Town Center and Clackamas Promenade. We hope you both will visit us again soon!
1 night business trip Oct 31, 2013
Ron
"Annevirsary"
We enjoyed our stay and our meal . We want to give attention to your Chef.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Ron - Thank you for posting about your anniversary dinner and overnight stay. I will be sure to share your post with the Chef! Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Ron Rider
"Avoid if you are a non smoker"
The switch to a non smoking facility was only 30d ago so the rooms smelled like ashtrays. The staff was so kind to get us into a cleaner room. But, we didn't stay. Checked out same day. Some of the cleanliness details were seriously overlooked. Dirty, stained hallway carpets, dirt in room corners, etc.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Rd warrior-grl
"Nice place. Very helpful with the shuttle service."
Was a very nice place. Close to a large mall and a ton of food places. Too cold to use the pool but pretty fountains on the grounds.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Monarch Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and had the opportunity to take advantage of the excellent shopping and restaurants at the Clackamas Town Center. We hope next time you will be able to come in the summer and enjoy our outdoor pool!
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Convenient but staff not friendly/helpful"
Location is convenient, facilities are ok; but staff aren't friendly and not helpful at all...we didn't even be greeted when arrived!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
MM
"Hotel a LARGE disappointment!"
When checking in to a NON SMOKING hotel, you would hope that is the case. The first room we checked into absolutely reaked of cigarette smoke. When I called the front desk to request a room change, I had to drag everything back downstairs (no assistance to help us) so we could switch rooms. When walking back down, I did hear a concierge mention how that room had smelled in the past and he didn't want to be the one to clean it. I don't think he heard me though. I ended up with a room on the 1st floor with a building up light directly outside my window which was brighter than the sun even with the blinds closed. If anyone uses water from a shower/toliet/sink in a room next to you, it sounds like a freight train is coming through the walls. The hair dryer was absolutely disgustingly dusty/dirty with stains all over it and when you turned it on high, it sounded like it should be working, but it barely pushed a tissue off of the counter, let alone dry my hair. The shower itself was a super tiny shower head that had absolutely no pressure in it what-so-ever. Beds were uncomfortable with extremely rough sheets and flat pillows. Hallway carpets were stained and very outdated. Dust everywhere you looked.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Friend getting married.."
The hotel smelled old, musty. The room itself was clean. The bed was comfortable. I would stay again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
christine
"Nice place to stay"
We have our annual conference at the Monarch. They treat us well, the rooms are clean and the price is right.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Mike - Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with the Monarch. We look forward to having you as our guest for your next conference! Tammy Thompson Director of Sales
2 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
"Mislead About Being Nice"
The rate we paid was WAY higher than it should have been. The hotel itself was not even nice. The carpets in the hallway looked dirty. I don't think it was worth what we paid for, it should be priced to about half of what it really is.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
Marcy
"great shops and restaurants"
Surrounded by old Spaghetti Factory, Chevys, Red Robin, Clacamas Town center, Target, Kohls.... need I go on... I felt I was heaven... OH don't forget Starbucks every block, Hotel was fine, quiet room, Lounge where they knew what I was coming in for, they remembered me. Great service. Personable hotel desk people.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Yvonne - We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Monarch and were able to enjoy the local restaurants and shopping as well! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2013
Yvonne W
"Never Use Rm 360"
Rm 360 - Leaks when taking a shower, unless you intend to use all the provided towels to contain the flooding. Rm 219 smelt like a dump... Hotel staff should leave the windows open, to alleviate this condition. During check-in please request not to be assigned a room facing the freeway unless you brought your ear muffs if you are a light sleeper.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Nice hotel for the price"
The hotel was clean except for the smell of cigarets in the hallways.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Valins
Wifi did not work in our room when we checked in. I called to see about having it fixed or move rooms, the front desk said they would find us another room, they never even called back to say there wasn't one available.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Just ok.."
I am very big into smell, and the odor of this hotel gave the impression that at one point heavy smoking was enjoyed throughout the property. Rooms need updating, refreashing. Very friendly staff.
mark
"Nice, comfortable and clean!"
The hotel was very nice and comfortable. It was clean and exceeded my expectations. The beds were very comfortable! I had a very pleasant experience staying here. The staff was friendly and cordial. Also, it is close to many places to eat. I would definitely stay here again and I recommend it to everyone.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear Jackie - Thank you for sharing about your experience at the Monarch. We are pleased that you found the accommodations clean and comfortable and the staff friendly! We hope you will be able to visit again soon!
Jackie
"Lots of back to school shopping, close to mall."
After shopping for back to school clothes, we had a great time playing in the outdoor pool. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and beds were comfortable. I appreciated the complimentary Wifi.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Dear CK - We appreciate you taking the time to post about your stay at the Monarch. We are glad to hear that you had the chance to enjoy the pool after the terrific school shopping at the Clackamas Town Center. We hope to see you again this summer!
CK
"Not worth the money"
Titles says everything......
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2013
Customer
Had a good time, was a last minute decision and the hotel was great to accomodate us.
Response by Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with the Monarch. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit!
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Vanilla but Nice"
We had a pleasant stay. The surrounding area has a lot to offer...except a grocery. The hallways are a little scary; The Shining came to mind. However, once you are in your room the feeling passes. Not afraid to walk on the carpets with bare feet; I'm sure you get what I mean. The staff was very responsive to any requests and the onsite restaraunt was a convenient alternative to venturing out. The pool was pretty but small. Over all a pretty decent place to stay for a short term visit. Oh, a plus if you are a single person, a lot of pilots stream through the hotel :-)
Other trip Aug 16, 2013