All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
300 E 11th St, Austin, TX, 78701, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

The bed, linens and towels were clean. There were water/soda can rings on most of the table surfaces, so you could tell the room was not thoroughly cleaned, but the room was much larger than I usually see for the same price. The hotel was very quiet and I'd stay there again anytime.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Lane
"Overnight stay for Austin meeting"
This hotel seemed old and parts were undergoing renovation. I prefer self parking but did not have a choice (valet parking required). My key did not work on some hallway doors and I had to get workers to open the door from the other side. I don't recall there being a breakfast but I may have been in too much of a rush. I was in Austin for a meeting and the location and rate were attractive
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
"Texas capitol"
The hotel location was great, but disappointing to have no fridge or microwave in the room. Staff efficient.
3 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Austin Getaway"
I have stayed in better hotels but this one was clean & tidy, the staff were friendly, the room was a little damp
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Very disappointed."
Awful for the amount I paid. The hallway in our room was apparently wet and they had some kind of leaking issue, there were huge fans sitting in the hallway. The room smelled old and moldy. The floor in front of the AC unit between the wall and bed was wet and smelled like mold. You could stand in front of the window and smell mold. The phone and walls were dirty and the bathroom ceiling above the shower had mold spots. The TV hardly worked, you couldn't see the screen due to electronic malfunction. The hotel didn't inform me of the $20 charges of valet only parking. I will NOT be staying at a La Quinta again, especially this one. Very disappointed and would not recommend to anyone.
2 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Good Location, but Very Expensive and Outdated"
The hotel was in a great location in Austin. However, the hotel was very mediocre for $300/night plus taxes. The amenities weren't great. You are definitely paying for location, not the facility, which is outdated. The lights is the bathroom weren't reliable and there was a stale smell in the air. Additionally, it is valet parking only and the charge is $18/day. Overall, overpriced and outdated. I do not feel like I got my money's worth. But if you are in a bind and not spending much time in the room, it might be okay.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Luke's Review"
My only problem was I didn't have a "Do Not Disturb" sign in my room the put in the door. Other than that, everything was just fine! Would stay again.
1 night business trip May 20, 2015
Luke
"Near the Capitol."
I enjoyed staying at Quinta near the Capitol.
4 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Dawn
"Hotel is in a great location for restaurants, etc."
Great location very near lots of restaurants and the convention center. The staff were helpful and the AC was great. The bed was really comfortable and the rooms appeared to have been recently renovated.
4 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Great location by Capitol"
Hard for uber drivers to locate
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"La Quinta review"
Was a good hotel but the parking noise at 8am was ridiculous as the vehicles echoed because the building is a rectangle shape ....
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Christopher
"stay at laquinta"
Stayed there because it was close to the government office I had to visit. The one thing that you need is a breakfast. Most hotels that don't have an actual dining area do at least offer breakfast.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Very Close to Texas Capitol - Somewhat Tired Hotel"
Hotel seems old and tired, but is just across the street from the Texas Capitol where I had business. Very convenient, and Valet Parking allowed me to leave my vehicle there after checkout, so I could finish my meetings without worrying about a place to park.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Billy
Spoiler Alert: It's Valet Parking Only. Hotels.com says it's 12.99, they charged me 17.99. The Good: Great location for what we were planing on doing, everything was walking distance. The Bad: Most lights in both elevators did not work, you could not tell if it was going up or down or even what floor you were on. TV Remote did not work, We had reservation for two nights and our keys stopped working after the first day, had to go back downstairs to get fixed. Valet parking, charging me 5.00 more per day then my agreement, even after I showed the front desk. No respect to the customer. Close to police station, noisy at night, hard to sleep. Bed was hard. I will not go back to this place.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"Good value and location"
Valet parking very efficient and good cost. Room was nice, except for roach in bathroom. Excellent location
2 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Stephen
"Take Pictures of your Car before Valet"
I found this hotel to be a bit on the "tired" side. The BEST part was that it's a very easy walk to the Capitol, and that's why I was in town. I was very disappointed in the VALET service, though. They were quite friendly, and took my vehicle, but I had forgotten my phone charger, so I asked them to walk me to my vehicle. I couldn't believe how tightly it was crammed into a corner spot, concrete wall on one side and big pickup truck on the other side. I had to really squeeze in, being careful not to bang my car door or the truck next to me. The valet explained "we use a trick - we put our hand on the outside of the door to keep it from banging on the next vehicle". Later, I needed something else from my vehicle, and even though I never needed to drive it, my vehicle was parked in a completely different spot - no need for them to have moved it at all. I picked up the car after dark, and the next morning I noticed a number of scratches on my door just below the door handle, like a car door next to my car must have hit my car. I can't prove those scratches weren't there prior, but I know they weren't. Next time I'll take before and after pictures. One of the ladies at the front desk was VERY friendly, offering to loan me a charger cable when I asked where I could buy one. For the most part, this is a good place at a fairly decent price, but nothing to write Aunt Sally about.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Billy
"nice stay"
service was great, staff is extremly friendly, and best of all location was the best part
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"Hotel to avoid!"
Would not recommend this hotel! Only good thing was breakfast! Lights was defective and sparked. Toilet had to be repaired! Towels were cheap! Heat did not work correctly! Needs to be upgraded! Too expensive!
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Gail
Great location and a reasonable rate on an event weekend. Parking is valet only which we did not know about. Given the location and downtown parking situation that is not unreasonable, just was not informed of that before making reservation.
3 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
"The Fine Line Between Cheap and Quality"
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and especially liked the location of it. Since we traveled on foot the entire time, it was great to be able to stay at a place so close to the capitol and many nearby restaurants. This convenience cannot be emphasized enough and should convince anyone traveling on foot to at least consider this hotel. The linens were high quality, and the staff members were courteous and polite. The bed itself was very comfortable! Despite what some reviewers had mentioned, we had very little trouble with noise. We could hear loud downtown activity the first night but not after that. The outdoor areas are dated, and since they were working on updating the pool the week we stayed there we didn't get the chance to use it like we would have. Because of the pool repair, our water also cut out on us twice. The carpet was dirty enough to leave my feet dirty when I walked around in the room barefoot, and housekeeping hadn't inspected the refrigerator between the previous guest and us. We had to get our keys reset twice, our internet was inexplicably throttled a few days into the trip before we got them to fix it, and breakfast typically ended too quickly. The breakfast room is a bit crowded and doesn't provide much selection, but the food offered is good quality and includes waffles. Overall, this hotel strikes a balance between feeling like a cheap motel and feeling like a quality hotel conveniently close to lots of wonderful attractions in the Austin area.
8 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Nice but could be improve"
The rooms had a nice size. Everything was cleaned and work perfectly. The staff was nice, friendly and helpful. The only thing was that the walls are too things. So when people is talking in the room next door, you can hear them so clearly as if they were in your own room. The worst was when people next door would come at 2am talking loud and throwing the doors. It can easily wake anyone up.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
greta
"Old hotel near the capitol."
People were pleasant and helpful - I did not want to valet park, but that turned to be uneventful - an old hotel is an old hotel - no matter what you do short of razing and rebuilding.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"HF review"
Comfortable with nearby restaurants
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"la quinta downtown austin texas"
Very nice and courteous staff. Extremely helpful and friendly. Also appreciated a pep talk by the cleaning supervisor to her helpers. Very professional and she gave them small gifts as a reward for their good and timely work. I've already booked my next stay at this hotel!
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Ronnie
"Underwhelmed!"
Needs to be blown up and rebuilt!
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Horrible!"
Everything about this hotel was awful. We chose it due to location, but it wasn't worth it. The room smelled terrible, the elevators were old and barely functional, the bathroom was disgusting (and for some reason had a child-sized toilet!), and parking was an additional $13 on top of the already inflated hotel cost. When I told the staff we had found street parking instead (easily!) they were incredibly rude and used scare tactics to try to get us to use their mandatory valet parking. Overall just an awful experience.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Not the fanciest of places, but everything was well-kept and clean. The staff was friendly and complimentary continental breakfast was served!
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Catherine
"Excellent location for the price."
Hotel was good for the price and location.
3 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Bad Wifi"
Wifi didn't work well. We had to move to another hotel.
6 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Ellen
"Great location!"
Excellent location to stay when wanting to walk to the Frank Erwin Center!
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
Maggie
"Stay at La Quinta"
I was not happy with the valet personnel because they adjusted things in my car - turned down the heater when it was preset at the temperature I wanted it at in my car and the radio was turned on at high volume and my radio was off when I turned in my car to the valet in addition to having adjusted my economy use of gas and turned it off. I don't thnk they should be adjusting things in the car.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
It was nice and quiet would stay there again
1 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2015
"Adequate hotel- about 1/2 mile walk to 6th street."
The hotel was fine; it's an open style so the room doors directly face the the street. If you're a light sleeper, I recommend bringing a sound machine. The breakfast and fitness room were adequate. My biggest complaint was the crib didn't come with bedding. You'll have to bring your own bedding if you plan on borrowing a crib.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Natalie
"Hotel by downtown"
This is my 1st time to Austin: For this hotel to be by the downtown area it was very disappointing. The first appearance was not what I expected. This hotel needs a whole new makeover outside and inside. for the price of the night I was expecting a better overall experience. I could've just stayed at a motel six for cheaper if I knew it was going to look this way. The lady in the front needs to work on her customer service. We waited there until she came out from the back and was ready to help us because no one was at the front. The valet is ridiculous to be charging when they park your car just a few more feet from the front entrance where you can just walk to it on your own with no trouble.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Adrianna
The hotel was in a great location, had great staff, and was as clean as it could be. But it is definitely old and could use remodeling.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Runner
i had a wonderful time the hotel was nice, the staff was very kind and friendly. i even saw my valet later that night, and he offered us a ride back to the hotel in his pedicab. i thought the was really cool. i loved my stay and will love to stay on my next visit.
"Not great"
This hotel is old and we found a cocaroach in our room. The next morning when we checked out the Valet lost our keys and couldn't account for them or the employee who lost them.
Arlene
"Close to Capitol"
Good overall because of closeness to Capitol and price, need more luggage carts, could maintain elevators better, could have better breakfast.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"One Night for Business"
I only stayed at the La Quinta one night for business. I had read the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect quality-wise, but decided it was worth it due to the location's proximity to my meetings. I was very pleasantly surprised. While it is still a hotel/motel style, they are in the midst of renovations to bring it up to date. My room had already been renovated and was very comfortable, with a king size bed, desk, TV, and view of the pool. The breakfast was a little weak, but fairly average for a hotel such as a La Quinta. Overall it would not be my first choice for a romantic getaway, but for a quick trip to Austin for business or sightseeing or barhopping on 6th street, it was great.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Nathan
Not nearly worth the price per night payed. Better to stay outside of downtown and pay less for better quality than to stay in downtown.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Not worth the money..."
Poor everything. Would have rather paid the extra $20 to stay at a nicer hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Can't do that."
Staff seemed confused about what they could and couldn't do on several occasions. Example, when an elderly couple asked if staff could make a pot of coffee for the lobby, the nice young man at the front desk said "sure" and then the female manger came out and got on him in front of the customers and said "we only do that in the morning!". The hotel was full of people that were there for the Inauguration of Gregg Abbott, the new Texas Governor.Room rates were higher. Really, a pot of coffee?
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
J M
"Stay somewhere else"
Stayed in this hotel due to the distance from the capitol building. Hotel lobby and hallways smelled moldy, the hallways are narrow, the elevators are slow and did not have 24 hr. access to my vehicle. Upon arrival, our toilet was stopped up and overflowed upon use. They could not fix it, so we have to move to another room. It was 12:00 am when we moved.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"An old hotel in a great area."
First impression was that there is nowhere to park your own car it is Valet only. Then when you check in you have to pay 12.99 per night to park your car with the valet and of course pay the valet every time you need your car. The unfriendly girl at the desk looks at you and says "do you have a car?" I reply "yes". She then says "where are you going to park it?" At this point I look at her like she's nuts and say "I don't know, most hotels have free parking in their own lot". She then says "well if you park it here It will cost you $12.99 per night.and I need your credit card." Of course I gave her my credit card since I couldn't put my car in my pocket or park it in my room!!!!! The hotel is old but in a very nice location next to the capitol building so I suppose that is why it cost way more than any other La Quinta I have ever stayed at. At night there were teenagers going wild yelling and running up and down the hallways so we got very little sleep. Then the breakfast was only muffins and cereal and that kind of stuff. Other La Quintas I have stayed at had actual food like eggs and sausage and biscuits and gravy!! And they were quite a bit cheaper to stay at. So other than the location of this motel I would not recommend it.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Diana
Selected this facility based on location and cost and was satisfied with both.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Qulity-INN Dowtown Austin is OK; good location"
It is OK considering location is awesome... For families probably not best place. I got woken up by party folks next door coming back from 6th street at 2am. Hotel really tries to reign in party crowd; staff really tries...to be a good hotel. You will have to VALET park @ $12 /night... extra $ worth spending considering lot's of folks walking around at night on the streets. The highlight of this hotel is it's proximity to the CAPITOL. 1 block away; can't beat it.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Stephen
Just would be helpful to have a door which separates the bathroom sink from the sleeping area.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Walking distance to Sixth Street"
Truly not bad. Hotel staff very nice. Got locked in our room a few times, but maintenance came right away to fix. Pet friendly with no pet fees, which was nice.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Justin
"Nice hotel close to 6th str. and University of Tex"
My check in was very fast and the valet drivers were very helpful
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"It was ok to our plan"
This hotel is located in the perfect spot for our trip (we just would like to visit the capitol. The staff service was great but the installation need some rejuvenation. Sunday almost everything in Austin downtown is closed hard to find a place to take a good lunch.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014