All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
300 E 11th St, Austin, TX, 78701, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

2.9
"Average"
Hotel is all about the location. For the price I would have expected something better. While the rooms were clean, hallways and exterior were unkempt. If you're looking for a decent place to crash, this is fine. Don't expect much else.
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2015
Michelo
"Terrible and overpriced"
Way too expensive for a 1 or 2 star hotel. They even charged for overnight parking which should be included in a guests' stay especially if I'm paying $500 for a weekend. Ridiculous. Will not go back.
3 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
Reyna
"Supprisenly good"
Very friendly staff ideal for money
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Fred
"great staff! hotel in need of updates..."
The price was great, the location was great and the staff all so friendly! The room was clean, but air conditioner barely cooled and the main light in the room was on its way out. The elevators were so hot and there were only three luggage racks for entire hotel so getting things up to the room didnt go so smooth for some of us. All of these are fixable so I would stay again when in the area.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
brittany
"Horrible first experience with this hotel"
It was horrible. They need to fix this hotel up if they are going to charge the rates of others around the capital. I checked into my room and me and the person I was with could not even have a conversation because their kids were yelling in the other room next door. we had the connecting door room. So I went downstairs and asked for a new one. He have me a new room I went and looked at it and the ac on the wall didn't work. They said they could call the maintance man to come look at it and I said no I don't want to deal with that right when I check in. So he showed me another room on the top floor and while I was walking down the hall to the room it was hot no ac in the hall. Ceiling was dripping water. I mean it looked like something they could set up for Halloween. I went in the room and it was clean and could tell it had not been used for a while. So I went to turn the ac on and it sounded like a airplane had just been started. So I went back downstairs upset at this point and just said leave me in the first one I guess I will deal with screaming kids. I did call and complain later about the kids screaming at 9 pm and the front desk called and they either moved them or they were quiet completely. This is not what a hotel should be for that rate that close to the capital. I will either stay outside the city as I have done before at laquinta or another brand all together. I will never stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
"Good for the location"
Me and the GF came for a little weekend getaway. The hotel in itself isn't super impressive but it's probably the best price for the location. It is 5 blocks to downtown Austin 6th street so you're smack dab in the middle of all the madness....the Capitol is literally a stones throw away. Everything related to downtown is definitely within walking distance. As for the parking....since it's located downtown you don't have a choice but to pay for valet parking at a rate of &18.41 per night. We didn't know this so that was the only downfall. The complimentary breakfast is nothing to write home about but it's free so take advantage of it. All in all good experience.
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Lee
"1 night getaway"
Birthday girls getaway It's a great spot, by the Capitol and blocks from 6th. The front desk was great and very helpful. The valet was polite. The rooms were clean however the air didn't work properly and maintenance had to come and fix it. It's more like a Motel 6. Overall it's not bad for a night or two if you're only there to have a good time and not luxuriate.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Good location but in disrepair"
This hotel is seriously in need of a facelift. Many things didn't work. Hallways are dingy and smelled of mold. Ceiling leak outside my room.
3 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Sheila
"Walk to capital or 6th street"
You pay for the location! We were able to walk to 6th street for a night out no problem so it was a good location for us. Negatives include long lines to get the car parked, dirty bathrooms, and tiny beds!
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
It's a sad sad motel.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
"Geographically very convenient, solid amenities"
This hotel is about half a block from the Capitol building and a short, pleasant and safe, well-lit walk from the bars and nightlife of Sixth Street. Rooms are large and have everything you'd need (fridge, bathtub, etc - no microwave though). The breakfast is nothing to get excited about, but it's free. This isn't a luxury hotel with froufrou toiletries etc, but it's a solid middle of the road option, clean and reliable. For the location, the price is very reasonable. Ideal for a quick weekend getaway where you don't want to spend too much in taxis etc.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2015
LEWIN
"Lousy"
Hotel is old. There was a hair in my shower and the tub had black stuff on the bottom around the former edges of a mat that used to be there. You couldn't sit on the toilet with the bathroom door open because the door got in the way. There was only valet parking. There were very loud people on the balcony until 3 am which the hotel people did not try to quiet. I would never stay here again, ever.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2015
Karyn
The bed, linens and towels were clean. There were water/soda can rings on most of the table surfaces, so you could tell the room was not thoroughly cleaned, but the room was much larger than I usually see for the same price. The hotel was very quiet and I'd stay there again anytime.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Lane
"Overnight stay for Austin meeting"
This hotel seemed old and parts were undergoing renovation. I prefer self parking but did not have a choice (valet parking required). My key did not work on some hallway doors and I had to get workers to open the door from the other side. I don't recall there being a breakfast but I may have been in too much of a rush. I was in Austin for a meeting and the location and rate were attractive
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
"Texas capitol"
The hotel location was great, but disappointing to have no fridge or microwave in the room. Staff efficient.
3 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Hotel close to downtown"
We were there for a Memorial Day Weekend (UT Graduation, NISOD Conference, Triathlon, etc.) and all hotels were charging a premium. La Quinta had the best price downtown. That's about all I can say in their favor. Nothing to write home about. Nothing serious to complain about (eg., Used the last kleenex the first night, housekeepers didn't replace the box the next day. Pulled the box out and put it on the counter the next morning, housekeepers threw the box away, but didn't replace it. Now, that's a minor annoyance, doesn't cost the hotel a "star," but added to a handful of other such minor annoyances, they become a mediocre place to stay.)
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Austin Getaway"
I have stayed in better hotels but this one was clean & tidy, the staff were friendly, the room was a little damp
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Stephen
"Very disappointed."
Awful for the amount I paid. The hallway in our room was apparently wet and they had some kind of leaking issue, there were huge fans sitting in the hallway. The room smelled old and moldy. The floor in front of the AC unit between the wall and bed was wet and smelled like mold. You could stand in front of the window and smell mold. The phone and walls were dirty and the bathroom ceiling above the shower had mold spots. The TV hardly worked, you couldn't see the screen due to electronic malfunction. The hotel didn't inform me of the $20 charges of valet only parking. I will NOT be staying at a La Quinta again, especially this one. Very disappointed and would not recommend to anyone.
2 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Outdated"
Very old and not clean hotel. People were shouting door all night, very noisy.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Grace
"Good Location, but Very Expensive and Outdated"
The hotel was in a great location in Austin. However, the hotel was very mediocre for $300/night plus taxes. The amenities weren't great. You are definitely paying for location, not the facility, which is outdated. The lights is the bathroom weren't reliable and there was a stale smell in the air. Additionally, it is valet parking only and the charge is $18/day. Overall, overpriced and outdated. I do not feel like I got my money's worth. But if you are in a bind and not spending much time in the room, it might be okay.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Luke's Review"
My only problem was I didn't have a "Do Not Disturb" sign in my room the put in the door. Other than that, everything was just fine! Would stay again.
1 night business trip May 20, 2015
Luke
I felt cold when I woke up. There's no heater in the room, so I added extra blanket but still felt so comfortable that it was hard to turn under so many blankets.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Near the Capitol."
I enjoyed staying at Quinta near the Capitol.
4 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Dawn
"Hotel is in a great location for restaurants, etc."
Great location very near lots of restaurants and the convention center. The staff were helpful and the AC was great. The bed was really comfortable and the rooms appeared to have been recently renovated.
4 night business trip May 12, 2015
"fun!"
loved the hotel and was so close to 6th street. had a great time with my soon to be husband!
Other trip May 14, 2015
jessica
"Location is the only thing going for it."
I have stayed in other La Quinta Hotels. This one does NOT live up to expectations. It lacks even simple amenities and looks like an hourly rate flop house.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Did not like having to valet my car….it was very busy when it was time for us to make an event. I just wanted to get my own car. When we returned late I asked if I could park myself. Upon checkout I had an $18 parking charge.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Only affordable hotel in Downtown Austin. Old and needs updating but room was clean and staff was nice.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Great location by Capitol"
Hard for uber drivers to locate
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"Close to my ultimate destination"
The staff was great, friendly and courteous even at 12:30 in the morning. Eventhough I only stayed one night I would stay in the same hotel next time I visit Austin.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Clean hotel, short walk to the capital."
Room was on the small side but clean. Staff was friendly and the valet parking was very nice.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Trisha
"La Quinta review"
Was a good hotel but the parking noise at 8am was ridiculous as the vehicles echoed because the building is a rectangle shape ....
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Christopher
"The worst La Quinta"
Terrible smell in the room. I had an encounter with the biggest cockroach I have ever seen in the bathroom (2 inches long + the antennas). I received no apology nor any form of compensation from the hotel. A disgrace. Never again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Fred
"stay at laquinta"
Stayed there because it was close to the government office I had to visit. The one thing that you need is a breakfast. Most hotels that don't have an actual dining area do at least offer breakfast.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Very Close to Texas Capitol - Somewhat Tired Hotel"
Hotel seems old and tired, but is just across the street from the Texas Capitol where I had business. Very convenient, and Valet Parking allowed me to leave my vehicle there after checkout, so I could finish my meetings without worrying about a place to park.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Billy
Spoiler Alert: It's Valet Parking Only. Hotels.com says it's 12.99, they charged me 17.99. The Good: Great location for what we were planing on doing, everything was walking distance. The Bad: Most lights in both elevators did not work, you could not tell if it was going up or down or even what floor you were on. TV Remote did not work, We had reservation for two nights and our keys stopped working after the first day, had to go back downstairs to get fixed. Valet parking, charging me 5.00 more per day then my agreement, even after I showed the front desk. No respect to the customer. Close to police station, noisy at night, hard to sleep. Bed was hard. I will not go back to this place.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"Good value and location"
Valet parking very efficient and good cost. Room was nice, except for roach in bathroom. Excellent location
2 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Stephen
"Take Pictures of your Car before Valet"
I found this hotel to be a bit on the "tired" side. The BEST part was that it's a very easy walk to the Capitol, and that's why I was in town. I was very disappointed in the VALET service, though. They were quite friendly, and took my vehicle, but I had forgotten my phone charger, so I asked them to walk me to my vehicle. I couldn't believe how tightly it was crammed into a corner spot, concrete wall on one side and big pickup truck on the other side. I had to really squeeze in, being careful not to bang my car door or the truck next to me. The valet explained "we use a trick - we put our hand on the outside of the door to keep it from banging on the next vehicle". Later, I needed something else from my vehicle, and even though I never needed to drive it, my vehicle was parked in a completely different spot - no need for them to have moved it at all. I picked up the car after dark, and the next morning I noticed a number of scratches on my door just below the door handle, like a car door next to my car must have hit my car. I can't prove those scratches weren't there prior, but I know they weren't. Next time I'll take before and after pictures. One of the ladies at the front desk was VERY friendly, offering to loan me a charger cable when I asked where I could buy one. For the most part, this is a good place at a fairly decent price, but nothing to write Aunt Sally about.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Billy
"nice stay"
service was great, staff is extremly friendly, and best of all location was the best part
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"Hotel to avoid!"
Would not recommend this hotel! Only good thing was breakfast! Lights was defective and sparked. Toilet had to be repaired! Towels were cheap! Heat did not work correctly! Needs to be upgraded! Too expensive!
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Gail
Great location and a reasonable rate on an event weekend. Parking is valet only which we did not know about. Given the location and downtown parking situation that is not unreasonable, just was not informed of that before making reservation.
3 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
"Room wasn't ready. TV did not work. No fridge"
Terrible! Arrived and room was t ready two hours past check in. After waiting 15 minutes was given keys to a dirty room! Room did not have refrigerator as described. Television did not work. Staff had a bunch of excuses .... Hotel is in great location downtown but old and dirty. For $170 I expected much more. Terrible!!!!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Needs some attention."
Had to wait until 3:30pm before a room was available. I should have been ready at 3pm at the latest.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
George B
The guy at the desk was rude and of no help. The place is kinda dirty and not very well kept.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Les
"A good choice in Downtown Austin"
For the price, it is a good choice in downtown Austin. Typical for LaQuinta, the rooms are clean and decently appointed. The people are pleasant and know their business. The property is old and looks it, needing new carpets and sound insulation. I could clearly hear the partying going on down the street, street traffic, and people walking down the hall. The ambulance sirens sounded like they were just outside my window. The breakfasts were fresh and filling.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Good value for your money"
Not bad, close to the 6th street, not the best rooms but for what you pay it is fine.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"The Fine Line Between Cheap and Quality"
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and especially liked the location of it. Since we traveled on foot the entire time, it was great to be able to stay at a place so close to the capitol and many nearby restaurants. This convenience cannot be emphasized enough and should convince anyone traveling on foot to at least consider this hotel. The linens were high quality, and the staff members were courteous and polite. The bed itself was very comfortable! Despite what some reviewers had mentioned, we had very little trouble with noise. We could hear loud downtown activity the first night but not after that. The outdoor areas are dated, and since they were working on updating the pool the week we stayed there we didn't get the chance to use it like we would have. Because of the pool repair, our water also cut out on us twice. The carpet was dirty enough to leave my feet dirty when I walked around in the room barefoot, and housekeeping hadn't inspected the refrigerator between the previous guest and us. We had to get our keys reset twice, our internet was inexplicably throttled a few days into the trip before we got them to fix it, and breakfast typically ended too quickly. The breakfast room is a bit crowded and doesn't provide much selection, but the food offered is good quality and includes waffles. Overall, this hotel strikes a balance between feeling like a cheap motel and feeling like a quality hotel conveniently close to lots of wonderful attractions in the Austin area.
8 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Not the greatest experience"
The location of the hotel is great but the commodities not, they offer free internet which never worked, the rooms were old and the outdoors were dirty and outdated, Our room was dark at day and with outdoor ligth, I think we paid too much for the location.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Miguel
"Crappy room!"
This hotel is really rundown; although the location is ideal as it is right in the hear of downtown Austin, the quality of the hotel facility is unlike other La Quinta's. I would not recommend it for a business stay.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Catherine
"Excellent location"
Came to Austin for a conference at the State Capitol. Was pleased with the location and friendly staff. Was able to walk to a nice restaurant on Sixth and see Congress Avenue.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015