All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
300 E 11th St, Austin, TX, 78701, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
I was given a room on the first floor through the parking lot - it was noisy all night with people talking until 1:00 AM. Walls had no sound abatement material. I could hear the car traffic on the road all night. Room location was lousy. I hope it was not because I came through Hotel.com.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2016
Kul
"Perfect for the price!"
This Hotel puts you in the heart of downtown, short walk to the capitol and night life.
1 night trip with friends Jan 19, 2016
"Great Locale BUT don't count on getting any sleep!"
Well upon check-in the lobby is Spartan. The people working the front desk were awesome so were bellhops. Once you get to the room very dated except the TV. Besides being old and missing shower curtains the room was clean. The real treat was at night where you could hear every siren known to man quite clearly. There was also a significant fight between a guy and his girlfriend both drunk and I thought I was going to have to help prevent a beating. I will not be staying here again despite the great location.
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2016
"okay hotel"
this is a simple hotel. not the best of anything but price is sometimes right. the fitness center is a joke if need that but can go to golds on 6th for 17 dollars a day.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2016
"Close enough....not too close"
Always my favorite place to stay when going out to 6th. Close enough, but not too close. For New Years they put a hold on the booking card for 6 days, but the actual stay was fine.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
Very Clean and staff was brilliant!
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
Jevonah
Wish the room had a frig. And microwave
1 night trip Dec 31, 2015
rida
"Overpriced hotel."
No heating. No comforters or blankets in the room. No extra blankets available. Small beds. Only one trash can per room. Poor breakfast: ran out of fruits by 930 am, no eggs, had to ask for jam , juice dispenser out of order. Trash outside the rooms. Frontdesk and valet parking employees very helful and nice, breakfast lady not so much. Great location. No need to charge for valet parking. Customers could parks their cars themselves and save some money. Overpriced!!!!!
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Hector
"3 stars"
ok
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
This hotel is in desperate need of an upgrade. Beds were comfortable and the location was good but overall it was lacking. I suppose you get what you pay for.
3 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
2 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2015
david
"Car show"
We stayed here because it was close the convention center. We attended a Mecum car show and auction there and hotel was close by. 6th st was within walking distance and ate at a good restaurant. All in all it was a good stay. Hotel staff was very friendly and the room was clean and nice. Only downside was a lot of noise and sirens at night.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Luis
"Adequate but nothing more"
Check-in area inviting, but once in hallway hotel dingy. Room was okay
3 night business trip Dec 6, 2015
Sue
"Overall good hotel in a good area!!"
All good, there is an additional parking fee of 17 bucks a day that should be notified upon booking but its all good. Hotel is a little dated and somewhat worn in the halls. Room was nice, clean and good size.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"Good for the cost in downtown Austin."
The hotel met my request for a room near the elevator. The breakfast was very good for continental. The two things which were off was that the toilet was in such a tiny place that you could not shut the door after you sat down. Very awkward. Also the walls are thin and so you can hear a lot. Okay for a 2 night stay. Parking is $17 a night.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Cecilia
When I first checked in, I had to use a door to get into the inside entrance. It did not work so I went back to front desk and they said something to the effect of you have to push it hard to get it to work. A guard came with me to get it to work and it worked. Carpet in hallways was very rundown. Smell in elevator wasn't great. Room was clean.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2015
Patti
"Austin Stay"
Check in, and check out were simple enough. Bed was very comfortable, room size was more than adequate. Was disappointed in front desk and cleaning staff. During my stay, I left the do not disturb tag in the door after sleeping in, I called and asked for a cleanup which was never received when I returned to my room later in the night. This coming after the front desk said they would send a cleaning staff member up once they got back from lunch. Was also unable to reach front desk for questions on multiple occasions due to them being busy and not having enough man power on the phones. Bathtub was stained and needed a thorough scrubbing as well.
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Christopher
The place looked old and needs a good updating, the room had that old musky smell. They did have valet service, which is always a plus, and the beds were comfortable. Overall, it would be a nice place to stay a night and forget about it the next day...
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2015
Oscar
Wasn't the quality I thought it'd be from previous stays at other la quinta's
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Trent
"Nice location, Complimentary breakfast, Noisy"
The Hotel is in a very good location, walking distance to many places. Noise wasnt too bad for me since i got a room away from the street, however you can hear everything that is going on along the rooms from all the hallway, including every time anyone close a door. They have a nice complimental breakfast, which is nice since is free, but if they add just scramble eggs to menu would fantastic. Overall i had a good stay and comparing with prices around i would stay again. I hope that they remodel the hotel tho.
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
Jaider
"Nice budget friendly & close to everything Austin!"
I was in town for an event at the Austin Convention Center, and wanted to avoid the crowds of downtown and also stay near UT and this place fit that bill. Easy walk downtown, 6th street, and to the Campus. Staff is friendly, WiFi was descent, rooms are big and beds are good, but the hotel is in need of updates and if you are not a sound sleeper the street noise might be too much. Beautifully close to the Capitol Buildings and Congress avenue is chock full of dining options. Breakfast was standard fare but on the good side of that. I will stay here again if I am in the area. Also if you want to avoid a taxi ride downtown, you can get from the airport for 1.75 by riding the Bus (100) from the airport and it is probably faster! (Get off at Trinity and 12th and you have a 1 minute walk!)
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
Joan
"Dont Go."
Poor will never use this hotel again. Multiple issues including flooded room soaked baggage. Complained to date no response. Nothing only crickets. Spend a little more money and get a real hotel
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
joseph
"Needs updated and repaired"
Could hear other guests loudly through walls. Was woken up many times with loud guests at night and early in the morning. Securit doors into rooms was not working and never was locked.
2 night romance trip Nov 12, 2015
Jamie
Loved the location! Right next to the Capitol, in walking distance to Congress St. and 6th. Would definitely stay in again!
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Ashley
"La Quinta Austin - great location, so-so hotel"
Be warned, they allow pets. The guests left for dinner and the dogs barked for 3 hours straight.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
Kris
"Not so great."
I did not appreciate that guests are required to valet their vehicles and also must pay approximately $20 per night. I do not know if this is typical for Austin hotels, or hotels in that area, but I did not appreciate that extra fee. Also, I stayed in the hotel for four nights, and the room was only cleaned once during that time. When I first arrived, guests who were in front of me during check-in were complaining that the elevators had been getting stuck for very long periods of time. As a result, I had to lug multiple heavy bags up the stairs.
4 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
Kimberly
"Disappointing"
The bathroom towels were covered in some strange black debri. There was no shampoo or conditioner or hand soap in the bathroom. We requested a room with a mini fridge over the phone and was told they would put a note in case one was available. We never got it. Also requested to check in a few hours early and were denied so we slept in the car outside of the hotel valet station waiting for check in. For how much we paid to stay one night there, it was beyond disappointing.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"Hotel? Motel?"
Hotel? More of an upscale motel without the class. This older hotel is showing its age. It's located about a 15 min walk to the convention center and the downtown core. I didn't use the free wifi, the small gym or the outdoor pool. I was assured by the front desk clerk that my room was a quiet one - it wasn't. My third floor room faced the busy street and you could hear each bus stop at the pickup point. The a/c worked but was noisy. The breakfast was mostly sad carbs. I chose this place because the room price was substantially cheaper than the more upscale competitors and the walk to the convention center was okay if you could avoid the destitutes asking for a dollar. All in all an okay place.
4 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
"Texas Trip"
Hotel is overpriced for the accomodations.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2015
Ken
The hotel carpet was essentially flooded while we were there. Not certain if this was due to the weather or the ACs not functioning correctly. Our floors were wet the entire time and there was a cockroach or two. Aside from that, everyone was very friendly and helpful
6 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
"Another great stay in Austin"
I like to stay here every year for the Austin Film Festival and writers conference. It's convenient and a good value for the money.
5 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
scott
It was clean but the walls are thin, I could hear the guy next door peeing. He also rattled on the door that divided our rooms, what a douche. Breakfast bar was nice. It's dated but clean. Again,my only complaint was how poorly sound insulated the rooms are.
3 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
Ali
"Hotel is moderate"
First I got charged EXTRA for parking valet $18 a day! DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE.. had to get it.. was never told until we got to the hotel. stayed for two days. Room was SUPER CLEAN! AWESOME!! BUT...too cold and yet when the air turned off it was too hot! no refrigerator ! nor microwave... weird. restroom doors DONT LOCK! also restroom fan didn't work... but room was super clean! 2 thumps up on staff cleanliness ! EVERYTHING WAS CLOSE BY! WALKING DISTANCE! awesome!
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
luis
"a bad experience in a disgusting hotel"
The bathtub in the room is so disgusting because there are a lot of smelly water in the two layers of the bathtub bottom, you will feel unstable when you walk into the bathtub and the smelly water will gush out, then the smell will fill the whole restroom. I can't imaging this is a room with a so high price.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
Donald
"Thank you"
This Austin La Quinta was out dated not very clean shower not in good working condition staff was ok. I was happy with the first employee I met he checked me in early and was very helpful and nice also the location was good they were the only good things about this place in my opinion. I had issues with the door it wouldn't open had trouble with that had to call staff on one occasion she basically had to force open the door ,also the smell was terrible smelled like chemicals masking a mold smell. The shower area had paint peeling off the ceiling, the shower kept stopping while I showered I don't know why it had to be adjusted just to run again. I called the front desk to get my trash picked up and fresh towels staff said they will show up ok but I was leaving for the day and I shouldn't have to wait around to tell the housekeeper what I need that's why I called the front desk for. I just wanted her to let them know my request she mentioned she would tell the head housekeeper but that they were coming around already.I left for the day at 2pm my trash was full and no fresh towels yet when I returned around 11pm trash was gone and fresh towels not sure what time they finally showed up or if it was only after I gave a complaint to Expedia about the issue. I wouldn't ever book this La Quinta hotel again or recommend it. It wasn't any where near the condition of the La Quinta I've stayed at in Oceanside ca. I thought it would be the same quality hotel it was more like an over price
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
motel quality
"Austin adventure."
Good opportunity to get our business done safely.
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Eugenio
"Okay room"
Nothing fancy, the room was clean and quiet enough. Walked to the Mood theater, it was about 20 minutes away.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Julia
Hotel is really dated. Badly needs an upgrade. Expect more for $240 a night for just an overnight stay.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
ryan
"La Quinta Review"
There was a desk clerk who was a male that was a bit abrupt. Not too friendly. The female was very friendly and made up for him.
2 night business trip Sep 24, 2015
Claudia
Service was very good- friendly and efficient. Hotel is older and run down a bit. But for the price and location, we would probably stay here again. It is NOT a luxury hotel by any standards, and probably not even what we normally get at a LaQuinta, but location, location, location.
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"Staying somewhere else next time."
The nightly rate is misleading. They don't tell you that parking is NOT free, and is valet only. That adds approximately $18 onto your total for one day. This place is in need of renovation, and it's noisy. We will gladly pay more to get a good night's rest and a parking space somewhere else on our next trip to Austin.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
welcoming and accommodating staff. hotel needs more than a paint job - to refresh a bit.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
marina
"Horror Hotel"
Staff talking to one another during our check in and barely acknowledged us. Party at pool from 2am - 3am extremely loud drunk people. Paper thin walls and doors heard all noise from pool and street.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Very loud and dirty"
We were glad to have a hotel with good access to everything. Service (front desk/valet) was good from the start. Room definitely need some work. It was dirty, there was black mold in the shower and the towels had hair on it from a previous user. In addition, the hallways were extremely loud throughout the night and into the morning. We got absolutely no sleep. We would not stay here again...
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Everything fit our needs. Location was a big plus.
2 night romance trip May 18, 2015
Luis
"Next to capital"
Room was OK. Bed is comfy but there is no microwave or refrigerator in the room. Thought that was crazy. Hotel is so close to the capital I liked that but there is alot of party people there couldn't get in the pool cause they were drinking in it. Hotel is outdated kinda ugly but worth the stay for one night. Because of location
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
joey
"Great location, but over priced."
Hotel could use lots of improvements such as the elevators that stink like oil and sound as if they are going to fail at any moment. Having valet only parking is a complete rip off, given the price you already have to pay for the room.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Ok hotel. Close to 6th street.. Walking distance :"
It was ok. It was nice being walking distance from 6th street
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Weekend stay"
Went for a weekend to enjoy with friends. The hotel was ok but the guest service was amazing. Very friendly staff and very helpful.
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"Good nights sleep before walking to the capital."
The best part was the bed. Super comfortable. They were very parsimonious with amenities like soaps, Shampoos. the carpet is old and worn, But the TV looked good in full HD. Not a honeymoon spot but a 5 minute walk to the capitol which is a plus for me. Valet Parking is expensive, but handy.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2015