All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
300 E 11th St, Austin, TX, 78701, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

2.9
"Excellent location"
Came to Austin for a conference at the State Capitol. Was pleased with the location and friendly staff. Was able to walk to a nice restaurant on Sixth and see Congress Avenue.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Nice but could be improve"
The rooms had a nice size. Everything was cleaned and work perfectly. The staff was nice, friendly and helpful. The only thing was that the walls are too things. So when people is talking in the room next door, you can hear them so clearly as if they were in your own room. The worst was when people next door would come at 2am talking loud and throwing the doors. It can easily wake anyone up.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
greta
"Old hotel near the capitol."
People were pleasant and helpful - I did not want to valet park, but that turned to be uneventful - an old hotel is an old hotel - no matter what you do short of razing and rebuilding.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"HF review"
Comfortable with nearby restaurants
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"la quinta downtown austin texas"
Very nice and courteous staff. Extremely helpful and friendly. Also appreciated a pep talk by the cleaning supervisor to her helpers. Very professional and she gave them small gifts as a reward for their good and timely work. I've already booked my next stay at this hotel!
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Ronnie
"Underwhelmed!"
Needs to be blown up and rebuilt!
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Horrible!"
Everything about this hotel was awful. We chose it due to location, but it wasn't worth it. The room smelled terrible, the elevators were old and barely functional, the bathroom was disgusting (and for some reason had a child-sized toilet!), and parking was an additional $13 on top of the already inflated hotel cost. When I told the staff we had found street parking instead (easily!) they were incredibly rude and used scare tactics to try to get us to use their mandatory valet parking. Overall just an awful experience.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Not the fanciest of places, but everything was well-kept and clean. The staff was friendly and complimentary continental breakfast was served!
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Catherine
"Excellent location for the price."
Hotel was good for the price and location.
3 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Bad Wifi"
Wifi didn't work well. We had to move to another hotel.
6 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Ellen
"Great location!"
Excellent location to stay when wanting to walk to the Frank Erwin Center!
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
Maggie
"Stay at La Quinta"
I was not happy with the valet personnel because they adjusted things in my car - turned down the heater when it was preset at the temperature I wanted it at in my car and the radio was turned on at high volume and my radio was off when I turned in my car to the valet in addition to having adjusted my economy use of gas and turned it off. I don't thnk they should be adjusting things in the car.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
It was nice and quiet would stay there again
1 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2015
"Adequate hotel- about 1/2 mile walk to 6th street."
The hotel was fine; it's an open style so the room doors directly face the the street. If you're a light sleeper, I recommend bringing a sound machine. The breakfast and fitness room were adequate. My biggest complaint was the crib didn't come with bedding. You'll have to bring your own bedding if you plan on borrowing a crib.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Natalie
"Hotel by downtown"
This is my 1st time to Austin: For this hotel to be by the downtown area it was very disappointing. The first appearance was not what I expected. This hotel needs a whole new makeover outside and inside. for the price of the night I was expecting a better overall experience. I could've just stayed at a motel six for cheaper if I knew it was going to look this way. The lady in the front needs to work on her customer service. We waited there until she came out from the back and was ready to help us because no one was at the front. The valet is ridiculous to be charging when they park your car just a few more feet from the front entrance where you can just walk to it on your own with no trouble.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Adrianna
The hotel was in a great location, had great staff, and was as clean as it could be. But it is definitely old and could use remodeling.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Runner
i had a wonderful time the hotel was nice, the staff was very kind and friendly. i even saw my valet later that night, and he offered us a ride back to the hotel in his pedicab. i thought the was really cool. i loved my stay and will love to stay on my next visit.
"Not great"
This hotel is old and we found a cocaroach in our room. The next morning when we checked out the Valet lost our keys and couldn't account for them or the employee who lost them.
Arlene
"Close to Capitol"
Good overall because of closeness to Capitol and price, need more luggage carts, could maintain elevators better, could have better breakfast.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"One Night for Business"
I only stayed at the La Quinta one night for business. I had read the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect quality-wise, but decided it was worth it due to the location's proximity to my meetings. I was very pleasantly surprised. While it is still a hotel/motel style, they are in the midst of renovations to bring it up to date. My room had already been renovated and was very comfortable, with a king size bed, desk, TV, and view of the pool. The breakfast was a little weak, but fairly average for a hotel such as a La Quinta. Overall it would not be my first choice for a romantic getaway, but for a quick trip to Austin for business or sightseeing or barhopping on 6th street, it was great.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Nathan
Not nearly worth the price per night payed. Better to stay outside of downtown and pay less for better quality than to stay in downtown.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Not worth the money..."
Poor everything. Would have rather paid the extra $20 to stay at a nicer hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Can't do that."
Staff seemed confused about what they could and couldn't do on several occasions. Example, when an elderly couple asked if staff could make a pot of coffee for the lobby, the nice young man at the front desk said "sure" and then the female manger came out and got on him in front of the customers and said "we only do that in the morning!". The hotel was full of people that were there for the Inauguration of Gregg Abbott, the new Texas Governor.Room rates were higher. Really, a pot of coffee?
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
J M
"Stay somewhere else"
Stayed in this hotel due to the distance from the capitol building. Hotel lobby and hallways smelled moldy, the hallways are narrow, the elevators are slow and did not have 24 hr. access to my vehicle. Upon arrival, our toilet was stopped up and overflowed upon use. They could not fix it, so we have to move to another room. It was 12:00 am when we moved.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"An old hotel in a great area."
First impression was that there is nowhere to park your own car it is Valet only. Then when you check in you have to pay 12.99 per night to park your car with the valet and of course pay the valet every time you need your car. The unfriendly girl at the desk looks at you and says "do you have a car?" I reply "yes". She then says "where are you going to park it?" At this point I look at her like she's nuts and say "I don't know, most hotels have free parking in their own lot". She then says "well if you park it here It will cost you $12.99 per night.and I need your credit card." Of course I gave her my credit card since I couldn't put my car in my pocket or park it in my room!!!!! The hotel is old but in a very nice location next to the capitol building so I suppose that is why it cost way more than any other La Quinta I have ever stayed at. At night there were teenagers going wild yelling and running up and down the hallways so we got very little sleep. Then the breakfast was only muffins and cereal and that kind of stuff. Other La Quintas I have stayed at had actual food like eggs and sausage and biscuits and gravy!! And they were quite a bit cheaper to stay at. So other than the location of this motel I would not recommend it.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Diana
Selected this facility based on location and cost and was satisfied with both.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Qulity-INN Dowtown Austin is OK; good location"
It is OK considering location is awesome... For families probably not best place. I got woken up by party folks next door coming back from 6th street at 2am. Hotel really tries to reign in party crowd; staff really tries...to be a good hotel. You will have to VALET park @ $12 /night... extra $ worth spending considering lot's of folks walking around at night on the streets. The highlight of this hotel is it's proximity to the CAPITOL. 1 block away; can't beat it.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Stephen
Just would be helpful to have a door which separates the bathroom sink from the sleeping area.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Walking distance to Sixth Street"
Truly not bad. Hotel staff very nice. Got locked in our room a few times, but maintenance came right away to fix. Pet friendly with no pet fees, which was nice.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Justin
"Nice hotel close to 6th str. and University of Tex"
My check in was very fast and the valet drivers were very helpful
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"It was ok to our plan"
This hotel is located in the perfect spot for our trip (we just would like to visit the capitol. The staff service was great but the installation need some rejuvenation. Sunday almost everything in Austin downtown is closed hard to find a place to take a good lunch.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"A hotel walking distance to convention centre"
A place close to bus stop to airport if you're looking for an economical room that is also located in downtown
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Needed affordable accomodations"
I spent three nights there while in Austin for a conference. I was welcomed every time I entered the lobby, and the valet parking was convenient and service outstanding. I didn't use my car much though because most of what I needed was within walking distance.
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"TMPC"
Enjoyed it very much.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Alton
"Below Average Hotel Downtown"
The hotel was below what you would expect from a La Quinta, the receptionist was rude and took forever to check us in or out. The hallways and outside of the hotel were dirty, and it seemed to be in a bad part of downtown. However the rooms were nice enough, and it was really close to sixth street. I would not rent at 180 but, if you can get this hotel for under 110, it's a fine hotel.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Added parking charge."
Did not know about the parking charge. Other than that... hotel staff very nice, clean and great breakfast. Felt safe being a single person walking alone at night. Great for the university area. Thank you
2 night trip Dec 2, 2014
rosemary
"Hotel close to university"
Elevators did not work. Very musty smell in the elevators when they did work. Only had vale parking which was expensive
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Pet friendly hotel but!!!"
We reserved this hotel through Expedia and arrived to find even though the hotel was only 20% filled we were stuck in the only room directly in front of the stairwell with the hallway light illuminating our room all night... The window looked out at the stairwell.... May never use Expedia again if they get crap rooms like this
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Good location for getting around Austin"
Hotel is a fairly good mid-level hotel. Easy access by car from freeway and down town. Breakfast was good, parking is $12 per day, staff friendly and efficient. Room air-conditioner was very noisy, and no snack vending machine on-site. We arrived late and just wanted some crackers and cookies - nothing available in the hotel and nothing closer than about 5 blocks. Not too far from 6th street - except the immediate neighborhood is desolate and we didn't feel too safe walking back after dark - also, it's up hill and we have some mobility difficulties - just needed to be closer to 6th street - not the hotels fault!
3 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"ehhh"
We were in town for the Texas game for one night. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel is somewhat dated and I believe that we overpaid for what we got but, served the purpose. I will say that we were a little taken aback by the valet automatically thinking we were headed for a night of drinking out on the town suggesting that we just walk, when in actuality we were just headed out to grab a bite to eat after the game.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Affordable"
Great hotel for the price and location
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Monica
"Below Expectations"
Room was not adequately cleaned. Used soap was left in the shower, hair and makeup on the sink. Hair tie on the back of the toilet. Bathroom door didn't close, and had brown paint on it. Towel was stuck to the shelf in the bathroom. Hotel itself was not up to the standard I'd expect out of LaQuinta. Only hot breakfast item was waffles.
2 night trip Nov 20, 2014
Stephen
"Reasonably priced for a downtown experience."
The LaQuinta downtown Austin was lovely, our room was spacious, the location was close to where we wanted to be. We were within walking distance of many nice little dining places. It did seem that some college kids were having a party in a nearby room, but we only heard them when they got especially loud. Otherwise all was well and breakfast was substantial.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
Rachel
"Great Location!"
Everything was great except that the room key didn't ever open the door to the upstairs stairway. I checked in on a Tuesday and when I complained Wednesday morning staff told me it hadn't worked since the weekend. The next day I asked about it, and that staff didn't even know it wasn't working. It was never repaired while I was there.
3 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
lumpy pillows, hotel is not in good condition and seems dumpy.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"A $75.00 room/ hotel that i paid $150.00 for..."
Really a $75.00 room/ hotel that i paid $150.00 for. Place is a bit rundown, cheaply constructed, actually now to think of it, pretty ugly. Bathtub was a not too clean... Front desk clerk nice friendly---no issues with staff, Excellent free WiFi without any hoops..... Never got a chance to experience the complimentary breakfast since they ran it only from 6 -9 am. Smarter, more guest-oriented would be 7 - 10am....
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Pillows"
Every pillow is too big and hard. The bed was great. Unfortunately there was construction across the street that woke me so I would fight w the pillows again.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
seasoned travel
"La Quinta - Austin TX Capitol area"
The staff were very helpful. We arrived early and they were able to accommodate a mid morning check in to our room.
This is a pretty dingy hotel. One elevator working, overall rundown, way in need of an update. My room was Spartan, which can be ok, but I didn't even have a bar of soap to wash with. Shower/tub was nasty, some type of well used mat on the bottom. I would not stay at this place again.
The place is rundown. The best thing about it is proximity to the Capitol. Valets were very responsive.