All hotels in Waterloo, Iowa, United States of America
2011 Laporte Road, Waterloo, IA, 50702, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Nice hotel to stay at"
Very nice hotel. Clean and spacious.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Saved the night"
This was and emergency stay as we were rained out of a campsite. We used hotels.com to book last minute from a phone and were grateful that everything was in order when we got there at 11 pm. The beds were super comfy and the breakfast was hot, fresh, and had a lot of variety. Staff was super friendly.
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
Erin
"Great budget hotel."
Great for the price. Exterior looks a little cheap but inside is nice, room was very clean, good beds,good breakfast, great staff.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Clean, comfortable and great staff"
I don't remember the guys name working the counter (Jim?) but he was extremely polite, efficient and professional. Even the next morning he greeted me by name and inquired as to my stay. Above and beyond what one usually expects.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Nice get away#"
All in all it was a good time. Convenient location, nice and helpful staff. The continental b'fast had a nice selection fresh fruit, cereals, waffle maker and two different batters. Several types of coffee and creamers, juices,tea and milk. Pool was nice but kind of small & clean. Free locale paper. Close to the hi-way & restaurants and casino.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Jennifer N
"Thank you for being a smoke-free hotel!!!"
Everything was good except the noise of the heater.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We appreciate your feedback, and have fixed that issue. We remodeled our entire hotel about a year ago, and we are still getting compliments. Our fitness center is almost complete as well. We are looking forward to your next visit! Sincerely, JIM General Manager
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Vicky
We checked in late and left early so we weren't there long. The room was spotless!
"disappointed"
After driving 13 hours, all we wanted to do was sit in the hot tub. The hot tub was broken! The Web site we booked our hotel on also pictured a nice fitness room which was not in the hotel. The beds were extra firm. A musty smell in the room. The pool did not open until 1000 am, so if you were an early riser you were out of luck. It was clean. We felt like we over paid for what we got. A bed and a pool. Breakfast ok.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Since we remodeled last year, we have not had a hot tub. Our fitness center is being built, and should open in the next month or so. Our pool opens at 7am, and stays open until 10pm. I would love the opportunity to host you again, and show you what our hotel has to offer. Sincerely, JIM General Manager
2 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
Amy Bartels
"nothing fancy"
If you are looking for a cheap and reasonable hotel this is your ticket. The breakfast was slightly better than expected. The rooms have been fairly recently renovated and are clean.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Collin
This was a very pleasant and restful stay for us. We will use this hotel again.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
mike &sallie
"Very clean, wonderful staff & delicious breakfast!"
Called the night before we wanted to stay. Got right in, stopped when we arrived in town at 11:30 AM room was ready so got to check in right away. Went to the Casino close by, had a great time & returned to hotel for a good night sleep about 2:00 AM. Will stay at this motel whenever we are in the area needing a place to stay. Thanks!!!! G & J Brown
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
G & J B
"overnight stay"
ladies at the front desk were friendly and helpful (one could cheer down just a bit HAHA!!). housekeeping was cordial and accommodating (extra towels, not quite ready to check out yet). pool looked clean and relaxing. warm/cold breakfast offered many choices to start the day with a full stomach. we found parking to be a bit inconvenient, but overall it was a nice place to stay.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
marijane
"Clean, Friendly, Responsive"
The staff is very friendly, efficient, and professional making sure all needs are met. This is the first motel In which I've stayed where the manager was cleaning and washing the tables after guests had eaten in the breakfast area! In my experience I am usually left to eat at a dirty table or find an attendant for a cloth to clean the table. There was an issue with another guest being inappropriate. The manager was very apologetic, addressed the issue and then called me with a follow up. THAT is customer service at its best! I highly recommend this motel.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
PC
"Nice, clean stay"
It would have been nice to have a fan only option on the air conditioning unit. Other than that, no complaints.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"2 Days business trip"
Older hotel with recent update. My biggest complaint would be the tv size it was very small less then 32 inches hard to see from the sofa. Hotel staff was very nice and friendly.
Gregg
"Adequate place to stay but a little underwhelming."
This hotel is okay. Nothing to write home about. We arrived late and the staff was nowhere to be found so I had to call on the internal phone for someone to show. As I was initialing the 'Automatic two-hundred dollar fee for pets' I decided I better come clean and tell them about my dog. It took them over 10 minutes to figure out how to add the twenty-five dollar pet fee to my bill which was quite annoying after driving 10 hours to get there. At this price point, I've done considerably better.
Lawrance
"Great, friendly, clean place to stay"
This hotel was very clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff and good breakfast. I highly recommend this as a place to stay when in Waterloo, IA.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Newly renovated and you can see that much thought went into selection of furniture, carpet, colors, etc. Very good value for money.
3 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Family
"For a Few Dollars More"
I chose to pay a little more and was glad I did. Everything was good.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great service, perfectly clean"
I travel quite a bit and this was one of the very few times I received a call from the front desk to check to see if everything was okay with my room so big points for service. The room was clean if basic, no complaints at all. The vanity area was a little small & the location isn't bucolic but it was close to anything needed.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Maye S
"Above average breakfast"
They need more than 1 luggage valet, the one they do have needs repair
Other trip May 12, 2014
JL
"Better than I expected"
clean, friendly staff and recently updated... would stay there again.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Good location, just off the interstate"
Very friendly staff and easy checkin and out. I was pleased by the size of the room. But, I was not impressed by the size of the pool and the fact that the review I read mentioned a hot tub and when we got there the hot tub was "out of order".
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Very comfortable"
This hotel was convenient and comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"Good value for the money."
Decent options for a "serve yourself" style of breakfast. Room and decor were great. They allowed our little dog for a fee, which was a reason I picked it. Pool was in service.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Joan
"Awesome"
More than accomadated us Thank you
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2014
Nick
"Really nice place"
We went to Iowa City to go to the Iowa game and the weather was bad so we needed to stop on the way home. Everyone there is very nice, and the beds were comfortable. The only thing I did not like is that the curtains do not shut all the way so you can see the lights from the car dealership in our room.
1 night family trip Feb 5, 2014
Kristi
"Warm Stay in Waterloo"
Room was very clean. Possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Breakfast choices good. Only negative was the whirlpool doesn't work. I would still recommend it.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Philip
"Fabulous Staff!"
We enjoyed our stay here! The staff was very friendly & welcoming. We will be coming back here next time we stay.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
Great service. Friendly people.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
mike
"GREAT STAY"
WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS HOTEL,FRONT DESK PERSONEL WERE FRIENDLY,EVERY THING WAS AWESOME.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
MILKMAN85
Needed a dog friendly accommodation in Waterloo. Have now stayed twice. Totally refurbished. Friendly, helpful staff, clean, comfortable rooms, good breakfast offering. We would stay here again even if our dog was not with us.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Fully Remodeled"
This was a Comfort Inn that got a full remodel to become Comfort Suites. I really like the brand & what you get for the money. When I arrived, Nick on the front desk was exceptional!
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2013
1 night trip Jan 26, 2014
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo

"Decent place to stay traveling through"
08/24/15 Peppy24 Reston, VA
Bed & pillows comfy. Room good size with fridge. Shower/tub needs Clorox as do the towels (a bit dingy). Friendly staff. Easy access off highway 218. Gkfodikd djskfigjis djskfigjis fjdidignfisokx djsks
"Amazing Customer Service, would recommend to everyone!"
08/20/15 carlyjene Oskaloosa, Iowa
Absolutely loved the treatment I received! The hospitality from the front desk, the GM greeting me and the housekeeping taking care of me, just wonderful. The beds, internet and breakfast was also great. Beds were soft, the internet was fast and they had waffles, fruit, eggs and more, just exceptionally great for the low price! Would definitely stay here again, they made me feel at home.
"Super accommodating and friendly"
08/10/15 sleepycat69 minnesota
I travel many months of the year and my groups usually stay in Choice Hotel properties. They're all a little different, but this one stands out in many ways. It's not the newest or fanciest property, but the staff really make a difference. We had three rooms, which unfortunately were at opposite ends of the hall, but this couldn't be helped as we required an accessible room with two beds. First let me talk about the accessible room. It was almost perfect. Two beds (my client travels with an assistant), huge roll-in shower with a very big shower chair (the right kind, with a back). Hand held shower nozzle as well as a fixed one. Two beds, plenty of navigation room although it would have even been better with slightly less furniture. The sink vanity area was outside of the toilet area, which is great. My only criticism of this room was that the shower knob was round, not a lever. Hard for someone with hand problems to turn on. More about the hotel: Breakfast was the usual large one with waffle, eggs, yoghurt, sausage, etc. The pool was clean and temperature was perfect. Small workout room had high quality equipment, BUT was completely un-air-conditioned, so five minutes on the elliptical left you dripping. I asked about a/c, they gave me a very old, very noisy fan which overwhelmed the TV sound. Few people use the workout facilities, so this doesn't affect many. Overall I'd say this hotel was far more accommodating than many I've stayed at, and I'd highly recommend it.
"Non-Working AC, Small breakfast area"
08/03/15 Kimberly S Bellevue, Iowa
On the up side--our check-in lady was very friendly--Quenn was her name I think. Also, the rooms and main areas look like they've gone through a recent upgrade and were fairly modern, excluding the guest room bathrooms. On the downside--the breakfast area is extremely small--we were constantly bumping into people and there were only about five tables--very small for a hotel that size. Also, the air conditioning wasn't functioning in the room. We were stuck in a hot, muggy room all night and slept very poorly because of it. There were no open rooms to move to, and the check-out clerk wouldn't give partial refund.
"Amazing Customer Service and Friendliness"
07/29/15 Megan M Omaha, Nebraska
I stayed here in June and originally booked the wrong night. When I went to check in, we realized my mistake. On a very full week due to several conferences the staff did everything they could to get me a room. The front desk employee and the manager over the phone worked magic and got me a room. I couldn't have asked for better service and accommodations. Was very impressed the patience of the employees considering how busy it was. Will certainly stay here the next time I am in town for work again. Something to be said for great customer service!
"Average Stay"
07/21/15 sameoldsparks Crescent City, California
After reading reviews on T.A. and other sites, I booked for a night while working in the area. Nothing spectacular as some reviews said. The floors were dirty, bathroom had hair in the tub and floor. The towels were dingy and ratty looking. The bed was clean & comfortable, which is most important. The girl at the desk was extremely helpful and nice.
"Handicap Friendly!"
07/11/15 NealCouple05 San Antonio, Texas
We (myself, my handicapped father and brother) all stayed at this hotel for 3 days/2 nights. The location of the handicap room on the first floor was extremely accommodating. I greatly appreciate the walk in shower and the wide settings off the room. The complimentary breakfast was very well laid out and had many options. Perks: Indoor pool, gym, office Cons: Iowa isn't the most pleasant smelling state, but that is not a reflection on the hotel at all!
"Super friendly staff "
07/11/15 Bill M Xenia, Ohio
Met Tim upon check in and he was very friendly. After the paperwork Tim gave us some 15% off coupons for Hurricane Grill. Tim showed us the best place to park our motorcycles. The room was clean and modern. They had a basic but well stocked breakfast area.
"Very friendly and accomodating."
06/22/15 Clrock Chicago, Illinois
We were visiting Waterloo for a family reunion and stayed at this property for two nights. When we arrived I realized I had left my purse at a Subway in Davenport. I was pretty upset and the staff called for me to see if the management had it in their possession. The rooms were recently updated and were clean, beds comfortable. Breakfast had a good variety but the area was a bit small for the amount of guests. Overall very happy with the stay and would recommend to others and stay here again.
"Well taken care of"
06/18/15 Isaac R Rock Rapids, Iowa
We (my wife and five children) hit a deer on I380 approximately 10 miles south of Waterloo. Our van was towed to Dick Witham Ford which happens to be next to the Comfort Inn. We arrived at 8:30 pm knowing our ride was not going to come until close to 10:00 pm. When asked if we could stay at the hotel until our friend got there, Quenn went over and above to make a very stressful situation much less so! Great job Quenn! Keep smiling and making a positive impact!