All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
560 Bedford HwyHalifaxNSB3M 2L8Canada, ‏‎855-239-9246

• Value for money
    Rather comfortable
    Great room
"Cleanliness in a pet friendly hotel."
While the room was clean, ie, bathroom, bed linens, etc., the carpet was a bit gross, but I guess this is to be expected in a pet friendly hotel. There were plenty of other pet owners present, and it was nice to have the option to stay with our dog. The hotel was very quiet. The staff were all very nice, and the hot breakfast was a nice feature - eat breakfast early to ensure the freshest food choices!
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Great staff"
Staff was very freindly and helpful, room was comfortable and clean
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Close to Continuing Care facility in Beaver Bank"
Staff was wonderful. Our room was not cleaned one day but on the whole it was a pleasant experience. Breakfast was good but after a few days we wanted more variety. Front desk staff was wonderful. We stayed in a very quiet room on the third floor which was greatly appreciated.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Pat
"Pleasant visit"
Trip was for medical purposes, family member having open heart surgery. The motel was clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed the morning breakfast provided during our stay. We would certainly stay here again if we find it necessary to visit Halifax area in the future.
3 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
"Accessibility a serious plus."
I have stayed here many times in the past 5 years. The hotel, as usual, met my expectations. Previous to this visit, however, I did not know that they had several accessible rooms since this was the first time I have needed one. My partner and I will use this hotel whenever we need to stay in Halifax in the future
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"All around great."
All around great experience for the second time staying at this Comfort Inn.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Great little hotel with a view of the basin"
Have stayed there before,and were very pleased. Looking forward this time to a great night and a fine full (free) breakfast, we were unpleasantly surprised to find a rock-hard bed and a somewhat stale breakfast! Go figure.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
The hotel was lovely with a very friendly accommodating staff
3 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
Elias
"Nice hotel, very pleased with service."
Very nice place to stay. Staff was very nice and informative. Beds were very comfortable. Pool was nice. Rooms were very clean and had all the amenities needed for a wonderful stay. l would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Scissorhappy
I was a little upset to find out they have a discount rate for families staying if they were there for appointments for the IWK and they couldn't adjust the rate to reflect this. THis was my second stay with them because of appointments at teh IWK and was not told previously about the rate even though I had asked last time I was there about it. This is useful information when having to travel from out of province for these appointments. It is hard enough finacially and to be aware of hotels offering this would discount I would in future go to hotels that would offer this.
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
Stacey
"Good experience"
Only spent one night, but room was very clean and comfortable beds. Disappointed the rooms with a view did not include two double beds but otherwise, enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Good quality! Good value!"
Room is impeccable. Hot breakfast gives a good start to your day.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice hotel arriving late to get to our destination"
I had booked a 2 bed room. All I needed was a one bed room
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Florence
"Close to mount st Vincent university"
Staff were very friendly and accommodating, breakfast was great, glad pets were permitted
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"nice place"
We stayed one night here. We arrived around 7pm. Staff very friendly and helpful. Sent us down the road to Jim's a really great restaurant. The room was clean and quiet. Had a indoor pool but we didn't go in. In a good area and not far from the harbour. No problems. Breakfast was really nice lots of choices. Would recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
"Quiet, clean, spacious room"
I stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights in September. The hotel is located on a Main Street. Lots of parking. Easy drive to downtown Halifax and the town of Bedford. Good, quiet air cond. nice size fridge. Spacious room. Would recommend to anyone.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Awesome"
We spent 9 nights, staff was professional and efficient. Rooms were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Will definitely stay again.
9 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Very quaint."
Looks like an old victorian home, not a cookie cutter box hotel. We loved it. Great view of the water.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Nice view of the harbor, easy access ammenitys"
no problems finding, parking was a bit tight especially when there were bus tours and the bus had to take 3 parking spaces each.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Babs
"In a great location"
Having the outdoor patio was the best. It's always nice to be able to have a swim and best of all breakfast in the morning is always nice to have it ready for you so you can eat and run.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Nice Spot!"
Very clean, nice room. Breakfast was really good, beautiful view!
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Pretty good"
My family and I enjoyed the hotel as a whole. It was clean and had all of the amenities that we wanted. It was also a good price,which we really enjoyed. when we got there, we went in our room and it felt a little bit cramped. Later that night we went for a swim, which was really really cold. We stayed in the pool for about 10 mins then decided to go back to our room and get a shower because it was so cold. While in the shower for about 5 mins, we noticed that the drain in the shower was clogged and not draining properly. because of the cleanliness so we asked the front desk for help. They told us that there were no maintenance people there as it was the weekend and they didnt even have one, so they said that they could switch our rooms for us in the morning. We werent that happy about it because e really wanted to clean ourselves up. We asked them for a better room with a balcony or a walk out for convienence, but they said it would be extra money, around 20 dollars or so. We said it was worth it. So the next day they called our room once they g\had our new room cleaned to move into that one. we went down to the lobby to exchange keys and pay the extra money. They only ended up charging us 10 dollars, which was really nice. We enjoyed the new room alot better the next night. It was way more spacious. We had the buffet breakfast both mornings, we found it to be cold, and rather skimpy. Overall it was a pleasant stay and we may visit again.
2 night family trip May 30, 2014
Tammy
"hotel was close to all amenities."
staff helped by printing off directions to several locations we requested. coupons for $5 off our meals at local restaurant.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Denise
"Clean and comfortable but noisy"
The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the continental breakfast in the AM. the attendant was friendly and efficient. Check in and check out we're a breeze. Our only complaint was how noisy the halls were and how that noise carried into our room all night. All night, all we heard were people trudging up and down the stairs. It was seriously like elephants were inhabitating the hotel! It made for a very disturbed sleep despite a very comfortable bed and room.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Lindsay
"I would go back....."
The staff were very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Stella
it was a very warm and welcoming place. The staff when they made up the rooms in the morning paid close attention to small details and carefully placed the children's special stuffed animals on the bed on top of the pillows. My son had even made a bed on the floor with extra blankets and pillows and they "made" it up too which made him feel special!!
2 night trip Mar 19, 2014
Stacey
"Cheap price excellent hotel"
Excellent price little family Getaway. Close to everything, very good breakfast! Pool was cold, other than that amazing place for the price
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
lindsay
"An enjoyable experience!"
Coming from Toronto, I can't say there is anything to complain about at this hotel. If there were anything, it would be that they should have a sauna, as the water in the pool was a bit chilly. Otherwise, no complaints with the room, breakfast, staff, location, etc.. Beautiful view of the water on the Bedford Highway. I will be back!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Torontonian
"OK"
Newly renovated, bed was not overly comfortable, clean facilities
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"Nice hotel on the water"
The staff at this hotel made my stay so enjoyable. They provided everything I needed and went above and beyond my expectations. The room was very clean and bright and the beds were very comfortable. I had a room with a kitchen and a separate bedroom for a very reasonable rate. I would go there again.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
sindercid
"Superb experience all round."
Stated that it was a continental breakfast but actually had cereals, toast, scrambled eggs, sausages, fruit, fruit juices, waffles, hot chocolate, tea, coffee etc. Very good all round and cannot praise enough.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Howard
"a very nice hotel"
when we arrived our rooms were not available but they upgraded us to a small suite which was very nice and unexpected. This has never happened to us before. the hotel was quiet and was just what we needed after a day of shopping. The staff answered all our questions pleasantly and we really enjoyed our stay and will probably use this hotel again in the future.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
Harry and Alain
"Bedford NS"
Lovely little spot, staff was very nice and helpful. The spread on one of the beds was stained - we were only there for two nights therefore did not report it, otherwise stay was fine.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2013
GNeill
"NICE HOTEL"
NICE CLEAN HOTEL FREE WI WI WAS NICE.I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO GO TO THE POOL BUT NEXT VISIT I WILL.FREE HOT BREAKFAST WAS A NICE BONUS.WOULD STAY AGAIN NEXT TIME I GO TO HALIFAX.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
DAVID
"Excellent stay"
The staff were great, the the room was clean and the breakfast was good. Our daughter loved the pool. Overall, we had a great time, I would defiantly recommend this hotel to friends and family!
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
april
"Room was very nice and comfortable."
Only stayed overnight - booked in 10pm and left by 10:30. Quiet, comfortable, all that we needed was there.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Affordable, Comfortable Accommodation"
Excellent location for us. Going to graduation at the Mount. It was just what we needed. Price was very good also.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Janette & Dunca
"convienient"
pleasant place to unwind after spending the day at the hospital
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Joan
"30% cheaper than Halifax heart center."
Rooms are out-dated but spacious. Bath tub is big and deep, good for a hot spa. Corridors are long and narrow. Best thing was their hot breakfast.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
YHGC
"comfortable"
Very clean and beds super comfortable. Will book here from now on.
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
jeff
"Very Enjoyable Stay"
We stayed three nights at the Comfort Inn. Our room had two double beds, extremely comfy pillows both hard and soft that you just sank into, the bed was extremely comfy as well; a microwave, fridge as well as an iron and ironing board and a coffee maker. We didn't need to use it as there was always fresh coffee, tea, and water available in the lobby as well as the daily newspaper free for the taking. The staff were very helpful and friendly and answered our questions about getting around in the city of Halifax. They even printed out directions for us which was very very helpful. Daily breakfast was included with the room and you had your choice of making your own waffles (plain or blueberry) topped with syrup and whipped cream, sausages, scrambled eggs, white or whole wheat toast, bagels, small donuts, fresh fruit such as apples, oranges, bananas, and freshly cut watermelon, yogurt, a variety of dry cereals as well as packaged instant oatmeal, orange and apple juice, milk, cold water and tea or coffee. There was an indoor pool which looked very inviting but we were so tired when we came back from our daily activities that we didn't get to enjoy that. The Inn overlooks the water and the view was stunning. Beautiful flowers were everywhere about and you could sit out on the deck in festively colored Adirondak chairs We also enjoyed the use of the free Wifi and there was a computer available in the lobby for your personal use as well as a computer outlet in your room.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Great price! Great place! Go above and beyond!"
We stayed in various hotels across Canada over a 21 day period. This hotel was my favorite for many reasons. 1. It's close to everything .Halifax has to offer. 2. The view from the front deck is amazing. (Especially at night. 3. The hotel was clean and comfortable. 4. My daughter forgot souvenir earring she picked up while in P.E.I and the hotel mailed them to us for free. 5. I felt so relaxed after our stay there no other hotel compared. I will definetely stay again if were ever in the Halifax area.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
family of 4
"Excellent service"
We were very pleased with the service received by the staff upon our arrival. We checked into our room and were starting to get comfortable. Within minutes, we started hearing loud barking from a dog in the room across the hall. We didn't say anything initially.................but the barking continued. When we mentioned this to the staff and the concern that this barking may be a continual problem, they immediately changed our room without question. The second room was even nicer than the initial room.........bigger room and beds.............no extra charge. Great hotel for the price!
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
MG
"Easy access to Halifax"
Short stay but clean, convenient location and good breakfast included. Good parking available.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"excellent location, very comfortable bed"
I found the Comfort Inn very comfortable, dog friendly, with an enjoyable breakfast & excellent staff. It had easy access to both the highway & to the city of Halifax.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Recommend this hotel"
This is an older hotel which has been upgraded. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfy. We had a small issue with our room but brought it to the attention of the reception desk and when we returned it was taken care of. Staff was very polite.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Just Me
"Great staff"
The staff was fantastic - they couldn't do enough for us!
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
Vicki
"Beautiful hotel"
Rented a house that turned out to be a dive, saw this hotel and called. They saved us from near disaster. Our week in Halifax turned out to be super fabulous and 'Oh, what a view!!!'
6 night trip Jul 22, 2013
D&R
"Much needed R&R"
The staff at this hotel are excellent! They were friendly and went out of their way to ensure my stay was everything I needed. Will stay there again at my first opportunity.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2013
Lori
"No complaints"
The staff were great, the hotel was clean. Waterfront view.
4 night trip Jul 6, 2013