All hotels in Milan, Italy
Via Lazzaro Palazzi, 18(Corso Buenos-Aires/Porta Venezia, MilanMI20124Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great amenities
  • Value for money
    Room is all right
"A pleasant and comfortable Stay"
We stayed at the hotel for business reasons. We found the service and food very good. The hotel was also very convenient to the metro. We will stay again.
8 night business trip Nov 15, 2015
"Convenient location, great for transport"
A week of R&R, catching up with family and friends
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
ET
"Nice and cozy hotel"
In general we liked the hotel, reception staff very nice, the hotel has a cozy filling. The location is good if you come by train (between the station and city center) but the street is close to Porta Venezia Metro station. The street and area is so and so.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
SP
"Five good days"
Very kind and helpful personal. My room had only windows near by ceiling, which was inconvenient. Close to sightseeing in the city.
4 night trip Jul 1, 2015
Kirsten Bach
"For those who enjoy walking/exploring, good value."
15-20 mins walking distance from the main station if you have a light bag/backpack. There is a very good Italian restaurant opposite. There are other hotels much nearer to the station, but this property offers very good value and comfort.
1 night trip May 22, 2015
Peng Ee
"Italian charm"
I would stay here again, staff was professional and welcoming. This place exudes Italian style, not a boring chain but original art and character. The room was small but fine, felt cared for and clean. Breakfast was fantastic. We ate at a wonderful trattoria across the street, made my one day stay in Milan perfect.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Average hotel with surprising amenities."
Hotel is in convenient location from the train station and within walking distance to the historical center of the city. We were given the junior suite. There is a jacuzzi but probably has not been cleaned for a while. The breakfast in the outside garden is expected. Overall nice hotel with slow elevators.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Nice hotel close to city and central station"
Within 30 min walk of central station and 25 min walk into the city, so ideally situated without having to use public transport and if you like to walk. That said there is a tram stop just round the corner of the hotel if you don't want to walk, and it is very regular and cheap. Lots of restaurants within easy reach for all pockets.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
june
"Nice Hotel Brilliant staff"
Had a great stay in Milan, Hotel staff were very helpful. Only a short walk to the metro and only a couple of stops to the city center. There are some very good restaurants near to the hotel as well.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"A really great place to stay."
The first thing that struck us was how nice the staff were, helpful and attentive. The rooms (we had two adjacent for my wife and I and our kids) - the staff made sure there was no issue with our request to get the rooms next too each other well before we arrived via email. This made getting organised at the start of the day much easier than if we'd been on different floors. Breakfast was great - especially in the garden area. Again - the staff can't do enough for you.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Old but updated" style. Clean and comfortable. Great location but looks better in the daylight but so do all of the Italian cities. Staff very helpful. Loved the garden. Great value!
2 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Thomas and Linda
"Quirky Milanese Hotel"
This is a nice little quirky hotel situated just off the Corso Buenes Aires shopping street. Nice breakfast buffet, small gym and a nice little courtyard garden. Rooms are a bit small, but you do get very fast wireless internet included. The staff are great, speak beautiful English and are helpful and polite at all times.
4 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Graham
"perfect location"
rooms were a little bit dated but perfect hotel for a city break. the location was in the centre of everything and cheap restaurants all around the hotel.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
emily
"Good value 4 star hotel"
Good breakfast, good price/quality. The street is not nice, and probably especially for single female travellers, but metro stop is close and it is quite central.
3 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Frode
"Sightseeing in Milano"
Sightseeing using the hotel as a base. Its great for main station and cathedral. Only 10 minutes from both. Plenty of restaurants nearby. The one on the corner is excellent. A walk in the Duomo roof, (cathedral), is a must. The gallery Museo del Novecentro is as good as any London art gallery.
3 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Well presented hotel not too far from centre"
Enjoyed staying here. Breakfast very nice and staff very accommodating. Kept our luggage on hold for the day whilst we made the most of our last day. Bring own hairdryer as one provided isn't very good!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good Value"
Nice Hotel, with helpful friendly staff. Located close to transport links. Good beds, and very clean, but rooms that have windows overlooking the main street can be noisy. Good value for money.
4 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
"Milan"
The hotel is old and located centrally, with access to rail station, restaurants, bars and Metro. The WiFi service in the room never really worked. Breakfast was fine, continental style and hotel service was also good.
2 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
Jorge
"Great little place"
The hotel was located in one of the many back streets but was only a 5 minute walk from the main shopping street. It was comfortable and very traditional. If you are expecting a modern hotel this is not it, but it was fitting for a wonderful stay in an Italian hotel. The shower appeared new, small but adequate, with a separate room with just a bath. The bedroom overlooked the quaint patio garden area. Breakfast was your typical European affair of fruit, cheese, yogurts and meats with a hot buffet of scrambled eggs and hot dog style sausages. There were a couple of bars and family run restaurants near by. We went to the restaurant on the corner from the hotel (can't remember the name) and had fantastic food from a family run restaurant.
3 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Family trip"
Room was very small, water was intermittent between hot and cold, hairdryer not working. The place is in need of renovations and repair. Location wise it is quite central .
2 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Jin Kiat
SG
"Good hotel, not 4 stars, location could be better"
Good hotel, good breakfast, better than in most same priced hotel in the area, clean, comfortable beds.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Name
"Good but not great!"
The hotel is quiet but the room was hot due air conditioning system. The room is big size and also the bathroom. The breakfast is good with variety of local food. The near metro station is a walking distance but if you want to walk to major attraction is more than 25 min.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Ana
"fairly price simple hotel in expensive Milan"
Overall very happy with my stay. This is a relatively basic hotel and that's exactly what I was looking for. Room size was adequate, bathroom condition was fine, really nothing to complain about except very tiny petty things such as how the shower stall leaked water onto the floor slightly - silly stuff like that. Internet was speedy and reliable. As other people have said, the more outstanding point of this hotel is the breakfast. In this class of hotels (which is usually relatively basic and no frills), it provided the best breakfast out of all the hotels in my Italy trip. Generally it has Better selection and quality of food. The neighborhood is, to be politically correct.... a prime target for gentrification (as they would say in the US). Though I never felt unsafe at night, I imagine others would. There are many people loitering around on the corners and doorways of that area just down the road from the hotel. They never bothered me, and I don't know what they were doing. The Walk from the Milano Centrale station was about 10-15min. It was a bit of a pain while pulling my small luggage thru the bumpy uneven sidewalks but not a big deal. Overall, I was happy with my stay and I would recommend.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
ALBERT
"A good find"
We were really happy with this hotel and it exceeded our expectations for the quality relative to price. The location had easy access to the city centre and central rail station with plenty of great restaurants in the area but away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist area. Would recommend
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Peachy
"Room a bit disappointing"
We chose the hotel as a base for the Grand Prix. The hotel did grow on me after my first impressions of being a bit disappointed. Yes the hotel is quirky with our room being on a dark blue, twinkly lit corridor - not really my taste. It all felt a bit dark and gloomy and the room although not tiny was again quite dark with a cramped bathroom. I did ask at reception if we had a superior room - which we did and I was shown an alternative but it wasn't much different from the first. The decor was plain with wooden flooring and the bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was ok but very small and could have done with an update. Everything was cleaned well each day and the staff were always friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfasts with lots of choice - cereals, pastries, meats, cheeses,fruits, eggs, yoghurts etc. On reflection we enjoyed our break but the room let it down.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
anne d
"Great Hotel in great location"
Hotel Sanpi Milano is a lovely medium sized hotel offering reasonably priced accommodation that is of a high quality. The room that I stayed in was very large and the bathroom was huge. Staff are very friendly and always ready to assist. The hotel is within 15 minutes walking distance to the centre of the city but is also close to 2 Metro lines and the city tram network. Tram No. 1 is only 50m away and takes you right into the centre of town and to the Cadorna rail station that has the airport train connection to Malpensa Airport. Typically of Italian hotels the spread for the buffet breakfast is limited. This seems to be an Italian cultural thing as the locals don't usually have much for breakfast but enjoy a big lunch. We found this a bit across Italy and was explained to us by a tour guide. I can recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Tonilee
"Sanpi hotel Milan"
Great hotel. Staff lovely. Location not too far from the centre
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Central Milan Garden Haven"
The staff here are amazing. They look after you and care for you and remember you. You will be treated like you in this hotel and that makes all the difference. There is also a lovely garden in the central courtyard where you can relax after a day of work or sightseeing in a peaceful green setting. Have a glass of wine or beer or cocktail and you can partake of the happy hour offerings of snacks, and sandwiches for free and be served with grace by their amazing bartender. The happy hour (appertivo) also seems to last most of the evening. Breakfast is largely self serve with a great variety of fruit, bread, yoghurt, cereals and a few hot offerings but this is always someone nearby to get you a special coffee and to keep the tables tidy. The rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable and made up perfectly each day. The location is good overall as it is near Centrale Train station and Metro and also near some of the best shopping in Milan. There are good, inexpensive restaurants nearby
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Captkerk
"Excellent staff great location"
Short stay 4 nights what made this hotel distinct is actually is the great staff especially Mr.Troisi manager & Mrs.Mirella for being highly professional and honest and for taking care of my parents in a lovely way,area is great with nice shopping area on Bunis Aires st. and metro station only 3 minutes walk many fine dining areas and attractions all are within short walking distance.
4 night trip May 30, 2014
Tarek M
"Great Hotel near Central Train Station"
I really loved this hotel. The staff are great and it is quaint with an amazing outdoor garden to relax in the evening. Try the happy hour and you wil feel like you are in heaven.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Captkerk
"Good location. Would go back"
Very pleased with our choice and felt it was good value given the secret hotel discount.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Very helpful staff"
Like to thank the staff of the hotel. Very helpful and friendly. Standard double room is a bit small as we have two large luggage boxes.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Colour
"Great location between the Duomo and the Station"
Seems to be in a dodgy area but actually its quite vibrant. Lots of bars and restaurants (it wakes up about 8pm) and it is about 15 minutes walk to the main designer district and about the same to the Train Station. Area is more residential than city centre but safe enough all the same. Two great restaurants directly opposite the hotel (Carpaccio and A Summer Place) and a Brazilian right next door.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Healthy Breakfast Choice"
The breakfast had a great selection and go before eight o'clock as it gets busy after. The staff are very attentive if there is anything you require eg providing maps and guidance for trips etc or room concerns. The hotel is conveniently located a few mins away from the metro. It works out better to get a day pass from the newsagent if you will use public transport a lot on a given day. Duomo is only a few stops and a little further to the San Siro. For our day tours from Zani Viagii the metro is only a few stops aswell and start around 6:15ish. I had toured most of Milan on foot over a few days so opted to visit the San Siro myself instead of using the hop on bus or a tour agent for this. Tip : You should reach the San Siro around 9:45 am. Hotel can arrange taxi etc . A slight premium for the taxi but we noticed very little difference from the arrival fare from the airport. The central station is about 10 mins walk from where I took a day tour to Lugano. We booked our train ticket the day before as there was a ticket number queue system which took about 20 mins to buy our ticket. It made it quick and easy to set out for the day tour to Lugano the next day. Certain movie channels can be adjusted to English with the remote control. A superb pizza restaurant called Maruzzella is close to the McDonalds with superb panacotta dessert. cioccolati italiani, and Luini's (delicious hot cheese filled pastie) close to Duomo and the Milan Store are worth the visit.
9 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Gee
"Incredible value for beautiful hotel in good spot"
I booked this hotel because the reviews looked good, but I was surprised when I arrived to find an incredible boutique hotel. The staff was incredible, and you can easily walk to the train station, or to the Duomo.
2 night romance trip Apr 27, 2014
"Hotel Sanpi"
Excellent hotel and very pleased with service overall. Concierge excellent . Ciao Michele
3 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Close to train station. Very good location. Good breakfast. Bed very hard. Overall worth staying for the price. Hotel staff both helpful and friendly
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
Ian C
"Great hotel in the wrong part of town"
The Hotel is well run, with English spoken by management and staff. The breakfast was good and the rooms comfortable. The downside for us was having to wade through hundreds of African migrants, just sitting about the streets all day. We had to walk in the road to avoid them, and with small children that is dangerous.
2 night family trip Apr 13, 2014
Alan h
"Benissimo!!!"
Nice quaint hotel lots of interesting characteristics. Nice interior garden and great breakfast, lots of choice. Wifi was a plus my only issues was having two single beds joined together to make a double, I almost fell through then one night. Staff were extremely friendly and polite. I would definitely stay there again if in Milan.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Verry nice hotel,10 min to city centre"
I've been there with my wife and my sister in law for 4 days and I can say we enjoyed it.Friendly and very helpfull staff(thank you Mauro),clean rooms,good breakfast,10 min from Duomo del Milano and 10 min from Stazione Centrale.We will definitely use it again on our next trip to Milan
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
Mircea
"lovely hotel"
Really good apart from our room having very poor wifi connection
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2014
"Very nice hotel, great staff, clean"
This place was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My only problem was our balcony was inclosed and you couldn't see out of your room.
4 night trip Dec 10, 2013
"Reasonable rate for a 4 star hotel"
Friendly and helpful staffs, even lend us a travel plug! Otherwise we would have left with no charged mobile phone and camera!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Great stay at Sanpi"
The hotel staff are friendly, helpful and charming. My sister and I were travelling together and booked a twin room but on arrival they switched us to two singles which was better and no extra charge. Located in the African quarter and close to Buenos Aires and Porta Venezia station. We easily walked to the Duomo and Castle, San Marco and even Navigli without too much stress. We took a train to Como for the day on Saturday on a Gioralio ticket which is worth investigating if you stay over the summer months. This uses the regional train but it was great value at E15 including the ferry. The breakfast room gets crowded so if that bothers you get down early. I have stayed in many hotels in Milan for business and this is one of the nicest for the price.
3 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Cath
About a 15/20 min walk into the historical centre but a pleasant walk through a park so not a problem. Also walkable to the station which was a bonus for day trips etc. The hotel staff were very friendly and the rooms and service were all satisfactory and we had no complaints. It is perhaps a little pricey for the standard (probably more a 3* in the UK) eg the coffee at breakfast fairly undrinkable and from a machine but probably just part and parcel of staying in an expensive city.
4 night trip Sep 10, 2013
We absolutely loved our stay at this hotel! When we initially arrived our first impression was that it was very small, however once we opened the french doors into our little outdoor space we thought it was fine. The hotel had a lovely ambiance and we loved coming back after a long day of sight seeing. It was very clean, staff very helpful and polite and the breakfasts were also very good. The location was perfect and very easy to get to from the airport via the metro. Highly recommend this hotel and we will certainly return when next in Milano.
2 night romance trip Aug 26, 2013
Anne and Mike
"We recommend this hotel."
Pleasant experience, helpful and courteous staff, convenient location and most important, very comfortable mattress. Although I used earplugs because of the noise from the street, this solved that problem. We would not hesitate to return to this hotel.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
J & P
"Conveniently located hotel"
We stayed here for 4 nights as part of a short holiday in Milan. We stayed in a deluxe room, which was stylishly decorated albeit slightly on the small side. The staff were really friendly throughout our stay and there was plenty of information, leaflets and maps regarding activities and attractions in the local area. The location of the hotel is a short (10min) walk from Milan central station and so made it an ideal location for day trips to lake Como or Verona. The area the hotel is in looks a bit run down, with people loitering on the streets and lots of graffiti, which can look intimidating at first, but we never encountered any problems. The breakfast facilities are small compared to the number of guests. Towards the end of breakfast service, fresh fruit was replaced with tinned fruit, which was a massive disappointment, and the selection of pastries also dwindled towards the end of service. we only had one problem on the last day, where breakfast was full and so we had to come back later. Overall this hotel is really good value for money.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Good service"
We were very pleased we chose to stay at the Hotel Sanpi Milano. The tranquil central garden setting was the ideal place to have a quiet time at the end of a busy day. The service was very good. The breakfast selection was broad and generous.
2 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Barry
A very modern hotel, close to main rail links. Staff very easy to deal with and helpful. The room was small but comfortable. Really nice courtyard for coffee or wine and nibbles
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013