All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
5410 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90027, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
The hotel was really cool in a cheesy kind of way. I did have an issue with the location but it wasn't that awful.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
"I'd Stay There Again ...."
I was a little scared to stay in Hollywood, but it was nice. Across the street was a grocery store, places to eat and a Starbucks. The room's are old, but clean. No place for the smokers. Would have been nice for a table & chair to have a smoke. All and all - I would stay there again. OH! My dog liked it too.
2 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
Ada
"Nice staff and updated but NO 3 star "Hotel" like"
The office staff were very nice and greeted us with hellos and smiles.The location was acceptable. I understand how old the area and Motel are and I accept that but it is a major misrepresentation to state that this is a "Hotel" and give it a 3 star rating. The price was right for what we got and the location but please Hotels.com this star rating etc needs to be changed. To give this Motel a 2 star rating would be very generous.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
The receptionist call Bianca was rude and bad at costumer service
4 night trip Oct 23, 2015
"It does the job"
Just OK
3 night business trip Oct 22, 2015
"Great for the price! Good location."
I tend to like the privacy and autonomy of a motel as a opposed to a hotel, I don't have to walk through a lobby or interact with many people, I can just go from my car to my room. Slept like a baby, quiet and black-out curtains, will stay there again.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2015
Angie
"Great Location, shame about the cleaniness"
The Dixie is an updated Motel, unfortunately since the update the rooms, well ours at least has seen better days. The room was dusty, the decor had not aged well and the air conditioner was ancient and very loud. The location is awesome if you are looking to explore Hollywood or are in town to see a show at the Hollywood Bowl like we were. The free parking was a nice touch as I find it ridiculous that most LA hotels charge extra for this necessity.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
johnnyg_79
"Horrible"
Hotel very old. Pictures on internet very deceiving. Place was rundown, dirty and very bad neighborhood. No restaurants within walking distance. Very noisy. No movie channels, dirt restrooms.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"Roaches"
There were multiple roaches in our room, when I alerted the hotel staff it sounded like a common problem. We were able to move rooms, however my girlfriend and I were on edge the entire stay. They offered a $15 discount. More like w slap in the face.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
B-rent
"Basic Motel really, but well managed"
Hotel is nothing fancy for sure, really about on par with a motel 6, nice but a little beat up, although with somewhat better beds. Staff was very helpful and professional, wifi worked reasonably well for free hotel, parking free, close to everything.
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Duane, thank you for staying with us. We are currently renovating our rooms and hope that on your next visit to Hollywood you stay with us again so we have the opportunity to give you a better stay!
4 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
Duane
"I would stay again, price is right for the area"
Free parking is great but it was limited. Only one other spot was available when I parked. They didn't have parking permits which makes me think that some people brought more than one car, or possibly weren't even a guest at the place. So I think that could cause parking issues on some nights. The pool is what helped me chose the place, but I never got in cause the water was too cold, even on a hot day. The curtains needed to be washed but everything else seemed fine.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"GREAT place to stay"
I loved this place wish I could move here not LA the hotel I don't want to leave
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Ken, We would like to thank you for staying at The Dixie Hollywood; we hope you share your great experience at our hotel with your friends and family. Thank you for your comments and will look forward to seeing you again here soon.
6 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
ken
"Good Location, Great Value"
easy check-in
Thank you for the 5 star review, hope to see you soon
4 night trip Sep 30, 2015
Billy
"A dirty white towel"
I have nothing to say about the place except for one thing....you should be presentable by getting your guest a clean white towels not a dirty white towels....its very disgusting that's why I have to buy new towels within our stay.....
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Thank you for sharing your comments! We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay, we do treasure your thought and we can resolve this problem with training. We hope that in the near future you stay with us again so we have the opportunity to give you a better stay!
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2015
joseph
"Great value for money"
Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Location is central and staff were nice.
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Zachary, thanks for staying with us. See you soon
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
zachary
"disgusting. unsafe with hookers"
we checked in. then went to room, bugs in room, towels the size of a postage stamp and hookers coming out of rooms and going onto Hollywood blvd. we left. disgusting. definitely not a 3 star hotel
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
"Adequate accommodations"
Room was adequate. Location was what we were looking for. Pictures of hotel are exactly what you see, no more no less. Thought room price was expensive but it is LA. Extremely hot, climate wise, air conditioner was over worked.
2 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2015
Donald
"Great for the money for sure"
Rooms really small, but it was clean and comfortable and pool was nice and clean. For the money I paid it was a perfect choice. Ya had few little issues but if u want a perfect hotel then go pay 200 or 300 a night. Great hotel for my needs. Office lady was really rude and acted like she hated her job with a passion but oh well...
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Cameron
"If you want to be in Hollywood you could do worse."
Decent rooms on the Hollywood strip. Not the nicest street in LA but a functional hotel.
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Thank you for staying with us, We are glad you enjoyed our location. Hope to see you soon.
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
"good price, good room"
Nice room, clean for the most part, Good price Will stay again. My only thing is the pool was close by 10 pm why ? It was a hot day, maybe pool should close later.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2015
"DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!"
I thought I would give this motel a try as it offers free parking, wi-fi, on-line photos of facility which appear to be decent and was reasonably priced for a last minute trip to Hollywood. Unfortunately, I only stayed a few hours and ran for home which fortunately was only 3 1/2 hours away. Linen was stained and dirty. Walls of room chipped and dirty. Water smelled like sulfer from sink. Furniture was worn and dirty. It appears that a lot of "undesirable people" live there monthly making a lot of noise. My daughter and I were not happy with the resident running around in his underwire with his lower level room door wide open. Brought concerns up to management and was told "There is nothing we can do about it". This is THE LAST time I try to give a cheap motel my business to save a little money while on vacation.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Campana
"Very nice rooms"
Good place and hotel room exceeded my expectations,the only problem was that when I arrived at night there was no parking left!
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Amado, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. We are thrilled that you found the property to be so inviting. I will share your wonderful feedback with my staff including the housekeeping department. We look forward to having you as our guest on your return to Hollywood.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2015
Amado
"Save yourself from a nightmare"
Many negative things and couldn't think of any positives, tried hard though. 1) it's no where close to a 3 star hotel. 2) Rooms are super dirty, doors are not painted for years and they have rust on them, blackned with dirt. 3) bedding all polyester 4) Towels wow! Can't even talk about them. Super black, pitch black. 5) it's nowhere close to walking to walk of fame in that dangerous neighborhood where Dixie is located. Not safe at all. Bottom line pls save your self and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Pravs
"Stayed there for a concert"
We decided to stay at the Dixie Hotel in Hollywood for a concert that we were attending the next day. Check in was easy, the room was clean and revamped, and the price was affordable. The only issues that I saw was that the hotel tub/shower was scuffed and looked dirty. Check out was super easy, everything worked and there were no problems. Also the place was pretty central so food and entertainment were pretty close.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"No frills but good value."
This is a refurbished motel in an convenient but somewhat sketchy locale...very clean and quiet and was worth the price for my one night stay. The front desk attendant was very polite and helpful. No frills but good value.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
Nicholas
"Clean & Roomy"
Checked in during the evening, next day left at 11am. They do hold a $50 deposit---which expedia and The Dixie failed to mention prior to check-in.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Jane
"unfortunately I have to give this hotel a negative"
I travel frequently and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. This is not the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. I paid $195 for a 1 night stay. Then when I got in the room, I immediately noticed roaches everywhere crawling.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Chuy
"Grungy room, good thai food"
The room looked like an old dorm room with an added granite counter top. Layout was awkward, lighting very dim. There were crickets on the ceiling and the floor felt dirty. The neighborhood is Thai and we ate great thai food.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Excellent location in Hollywood"
This place has great location just yards to metro entrance and 2 stations to walk of fame or Dolby Theatre. Our room had strong chemical smell at arrival, bedding was clean but I didn't like the bathroom smell too. The room had fridge and iron and hair dryier and microwave, overall not so bad. The beds are very firm. Overall the room was just alright but the location made it great it's short drive to sunset boulevard and Beverly Hills or studio city we saved a lot of time on diving staying here if u don't want to drive there is metro. The stuff at the desk was super super nice the lady gave us metro map and answer some questions about the city. I would come back here one more time.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
A.S
"Not the best, but also not the worst..."
The beds weren't the most comfortable, but it looked like they started to replace some of them when we arrived so that shouldn't be an issue for future reservations. The room was clean. It looks like they are slowly remodeling it? Not sure. The bathroom looked brand new, and the room looked a little run down. The pool was surprisingly nice! It is also pretty private which I liked since it is on a busier street. The staff was very friendly! I can give this hotel a higher rating just because of the price, and the awesome location. It is close to anything you want to do, and I also felt reasonably safe. At least safe enough to walk outside alone.This is important since I am a young female and don't always want to be walking with someone else if I want to run to the grocery store across the street.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Bridgette
"Dixie Nights"
The room was not what I would expect for the money it cost. However I was only there one night and didn't use the pool. Walked to resturants so that was good and the neighborhood was OK as well. Didn't feel unsafe at all.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Lou Anna J
Then room was ok, the bed was uncomfortable. Right by Thai town so the food was amazing.
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Daranee
"Dixi was not whistling"
The room just redone but already worn down great location and was fine for the one night. if your staying longer check out somewhere else. for the price we could have done a lot better
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Christopher
Nice location near 101 and free off street parking
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Great location, nice clean pool,air conditioner loud but very efficient good stay I will stay there again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Matthew
"Not what I expected"
I stayed here for three nights with my children (ages 16 & 14). I was very disappointed with room and with location. I did not feel safe. Attempted to walk to restaurant, but my children and I turned around and went by car instead. There are many homeless in area. Note there is construction next to hotel. They are building a new townhouse/condos. Construction started early and was LOUD. The room was disappointing, very dark, red walls and black furniture. The beds were very uncomfortable, hard and stiff. No cotton pillow cases. Never was able to access wifi. The hotel did have laundry facilities, which was helpful. The pool and parking was a huge plus. Front desk was helpful.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
MomO3
"Good location next to metro and walking distance"
No pillows in room slept with bed cushions and towels are very old and look grey and dirty
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
hotel
Way overpriced! Rip off
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
PHILIP
"Night in Hollywood"
This hotel is more like a motel. Due to the prices in Hollywood, it is very expensive, so this place is good on a budget.During our stay it was very loud at night and my daughter had a hard time sleeping due to the noise from the sirens.It's a decent location, there is a market across the street and it is very close to the metro to go to Downtown LA or Universal Studious and Hollywood which nice but I would next time spend the extra money and stay in a Hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
I was just in town for a night, and it served its purpose ...no frills
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
Emalee
"Affordable and convenient"
We stayed at the Dixie while seeing the sites of Los Angeles. It was a convenient location and safe neighborhood. The room was updated as well as the bathroom. I would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
"Location was okay"
The room smelled and the beds were uncomfortable. We checked out after 2 days. We were refunded for the next four days.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Decent, clean & Friendly staff"
Super friendly and helpful staff. Place was clean but worn and dated. No pillow cases just shams?
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Debbie
"New York's Great LA Experience"
Hotel room comfortable, attractive. Hotel service pleasant. Always at hand to clean, fresh supplies. Great location in the heart of Hollywood . Close to so many attractions, restaurants, transportion. We had a blast and would re book at the Dixie hotel again. Price was a good deal thru Expedia. Very satisfied :-)
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great one night stay"
Clean and nice room. The overnight staff (security) guy was very helpful and accommodating to our requests such as parking in handicap because my grandmother was sitting on a wheelchair and we didn't have the permit. He let us check in a little later too because we arrive late in the morning. Overall, a nice place that is worth it's price for being located in hollywood.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
big family
"Small hotel on Hollywood blvd"
Outweared furniture, dirty floor. Noisy neighbors. And construction site next to the hotel building. It did not feel like a good hotel for a vacation. Though people were nice.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Alex
"Beware, photos are not reality"
I expected it to look like a hotel. The check in front desk, does not look the way you expect from a traditional hotel "front desk." Its just a low height school desk, and a person behind it, and one 27" screen computer. There is no public restrooms in the office, since we arrived in the morning, and wanted to use a restroom, she said to go across street to grocery market or Starbucks. There is no dining restaurant on site. There is not enough toiletries for you, Just one dinky soap bar, one lotion and one shampoo. The sheets in the bed look like dirty. Smells fresh laundered. But it looks like the pillow sham and sheets are dirty worn. The good thing is just one block for subway station and across street grocery shopping. We bought milk,yogurt, fruits and stored in the refrigerator, and use microwave to heat up frozen food.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Victor
"Nice for the price"
CLose to all the Hollywood tourist areas. Just off the freeway so easy in and out. For the price a nice little gem.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Clean,organized and good price.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Very central and clean"
I'd stay here again. The central location makes it perfect for anyone visiting Hollywood. 2 minutes from the metro station making it extremely easy to travel to other parts of town. We slept well, although the beds are a little lumpy. If your sensitive to mattress quality you may be disappointed. Overall, great experience. Rooms are clean and well decorated, shower works too :)
Other trip Jun 30, 2015