All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
5410 Hollywood BlvdLos AngelesCA90027United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
Just two nights before leaving the city... Very close to the Bolt Bus stop that takes you out of town towards San Francisco. Covenient supermarked right across the street... Friendly staff. I couldn't ask for more.
2 night trip Nov 30, 2015
Jon
"a little bit of taste of Hollywood"
Hotel is better than I thought - it is well worth with the money. Room is recently renovated and bed is very comfortable. Room is a large enough for 4 people. It comes with Refrigerator and Microwave. The TV is good size but with very limited channel - it did not even show CNN. Pool is very cold - who can go in there. Housekeeping is not up to standard. We requested a quiet room - they gave us a room on the 2nd floor but it was right next to a room which is under repair work and the worker started to make a noise from early morning until night -Since there is not an extra room to switch, front desk lady asked a man to stop working until we left the room. Thank you for taking care of this.
Other trip Dec 2, 2015
noriko
"1 STAR MOTEL NOT 3 STAR HOTEL. WILL NOT RECOMMEND"
Room condition too old for 3 stars. Hotel doesn't have enough parking for customers. I have to pay in public parking lot to leave my car. Hotel was making construction repair next too my room 228 next day in the morning that I can not even rest for the money I was paying for. I don't Rate this hotel 3 stars. I rate this motel 1 star maximun. Very disappointing overall.
2 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2015
Elmer
"Great for the price"
Good location, great price! The Tube on room # 243 was peeling off but the rest was fine! We would definitely come back, considering location, service and price !
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Adriana
"It is a Motel not a hotel! Unsafe area at night!"
It is a motel not a hotel at all. The sink in the restroom was broken, water dripping! Unsafe at night fill with homeless and drugs people! It is about 15 minute driving from universal studio!
Other trip Nov 29, 2015
Central location. Amenities were budget but what expected. Free parking a plus
Other trip Nov 27, 2015
Found this hotel for reasonable price only a 3 or 4 miles from Universal Studios, much better value than staying in Universal City. Neighborhood is better on this block than average in this area as other reviewers stated. Parking spaces are ample but fill up when motel is busy. They allow you to double park and use the check-in parking if needed. The entire area is not that quiet overnight, but this is not the motel's fault. There are quite a few helicopters flying over, but it wasn't too bad.
3 night family trip Nov 4, 2015
Great service staff, hotel needed a little work but all in all the kitsch was great.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2015
Stephen
I've been trying to find a place in the Hollywood/LA area, this was perfect!
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2015
JANET
"Close to everything I needed to be near"
It was in the perfect location. Right next to the 101, and located across the street from a starbucks and jamba juice. The first room I was checked into, was SO small and had not been cleaned thoroughly. There was hair on the mattress cover, and in the bathroom. The shower head was REALLY low, and I am not an extremely tall person. I called the front and she gladly moved me into another room. I was very grateful for that! As I used to work for a hotel, I know what it's like to hear a complaint like that. The new room was better. The lighting was not the greatest and their AC/heat unit was loud and ancient. The King bed is nice to have, but was very hard. It took some getting used to. There was renovations happening in a few rooms down from mine, and we could hear everything happening starting at around 8am. The door's seal was non-existent so we could see shadows of people walking back and forth from the time the sun came up. I hope the renovations help this hotel, but I will not stay here again.
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
Cayla
"I would stay here again"
It was great. the rooms were roomy, bathroom was nice and clean, the vstaff was very helpful.
2 night trip Oct 27, 2015
It was so itchy after stay there, Not really close to walk of frame
Other trip Nov 17, 2015
Rammy
Staff are really friendly. Room was ok. We have a little problem with toilet.
3 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
Chayanith
"Fine for younger people"
Fine for a place to crash and pool looked nice but isn't heated. Stayed with our 18 mo old which wasn't ideal but close to our destination next day.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2015
this is not a HOTEL ,but its a Motel .
1 night trip Nov 11, 2015
"Short stay in late October"
Quick two night stay in LA. Had cool bars and restaurants within walking distance. Area and rooms are loud, bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Room was updated and pretty clean.
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
Elisabeth
Quick stay for business. Near metro line easy access into downtown areas a big plus.
3 night business trip Nov 5, 2015
Gilmore
More than I expected. Nice room, Nice staff. Not the best area in hollywood. But ok!
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2015
Not Provided
"A stay for drinking & dining without kids!!"
Great location! Free pkg these days means "good luck"! Lots of spots on linen & towels & drapes! Amazingly quiet for area & Friday nite!!
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
noisy constructions right next to the hotel, wall was very thin. You may not get a parking spot if you go out and come back after midnight.
2 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2015
Igor
"You get what you pay for - close to hollywood"
Old, but updated room, great cable and wi-fi service
3 night romance trip Nov 3, 2015
"Wish they were more accommodating!"
Television did not work and they could not offer us another room. Gave us a $25 credit!
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2015
Not Provided
"Go-To Spot"
Stayed here for Halloween w a group of friends. Hotel was walking distance to stores and restaurants. Very centralized. Manager was cery accommodating cuz he knew we were only there for Halloween festivities in WeHo. It was way nicer than the website. I was surprised the surroundings were much nicer. Will definitely be my go to hotel when I'm in the area again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
CRISTINA
The hotel was really cool in a cheesy kind of way. I did have an issue with the location but it wasn't that awful.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
"I'd Stay There Again ...."
I was a little scared to stay in Hollywood, but it was nice. Across the street was a grocery store, places to eat and a Starbucks. The room's are old, but clean. No place for the smokers. Would have been nice for a table & chair to have a smoke. All and all - I would stay there again. OH! My dog liked it too.
2 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
Ada
"Nice staff and updated but NO 3 star "Hotel" like"
The office staff were very nice and greeted us with hellos and smiles.The location was acceptable. I understand how old the area and Motel are and I accept that but it is a major misrepresentation to state that this is a "Hotel" and give it a 3 star rating. The price was right for what we got and the location but please Hotels.com this star rating etc needs to be changed. To give this Motel a 2 star rating would be very generous.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
The receptionist call Bianca was rude and bad at costumer service
4 night trip Oct 23, 2015
"It does the job"
Just OK
3 night business trip Oct 22, 2015
"Great for the price! Good location."
I tend to like the privacy and autonomy of a motel as a opposed to a hotel, I don't have to walk through a lobby or interact with many people, I can just go from my car to my room. Slept like a baby, quiet and black-out curtains, will stay there again.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2015
Angie
"Great Location, shame about the cleaniness"
The Dixie is an updated Motel, unfortunately since the update the rooms, well ours at least has seen better days. The room was dusty, the decor had not aged well and the air conditioner was ancient and very loud. The location is awesome if you are looking to explore Hollywood or are in town to see a show at the Hollywood Bowl like we were. The free parking was a nice touch as I find it ridiculous that most LA hotels charge extra for this necessity.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
johnnyg_79
"Horrible"
Hotel very old. Pictures on internet very deceiving. Place was rundown, dirty and very bad neighborhood. No restaurants within walking distance. Very noisy. No movie channels, dirt restrooms.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"Roaches"
There were multiple roaches in our room, when I alerted the hotel staff it sounded like a common problem. We were able to move rooms, however my girlfriend and I were on edge the entire stay. They offered a $15 discount. More like w slap in the face.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
B-rent
"Basic Motel really, but well managed"
Hotel is nothing fancy for sure, really about on par with a motel 6, nice but a little beat up, although with somewhat better beds. Staff was very helpful and professional, wifi worked reasonably well for free hotel, parking free, close to everything.
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Duane, thank you for staying with us. We are currently renovating our rooms and hope that on your next visit to Hollywood you stay with us again so we have the opportunity to give you a better stay!
4 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
Duane
"I would stay again, price is right for the area"
Free parking is great but it was limited. Only one other spot was available when I parked. They didn't have parking permits which makes me think that some people brought more than one car, or possibly weren't even a guest at the place. So I think that could cause parking issues on some nights. The pool is what helped me chose the place, but I never got in cause the water was too cold, even on a hot day. The curtains needed to be washed but everything else seemed fine.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"GREAT place to stay"
I loved this place wish I could move here not LA the hotel I don't want to leave
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Ken, We would like to thank you for staying at The Dixie Hollywood; we hope you share your great experience at our hotel with your friends and family. Thank you for your comments and will look forward to seeing you again here soon.
6 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
ken
"Good Location, Great Value"
easy check-in
Thank you for the 5 star review, hope to see you soon
4 night trip Sep 30, 2015
Billy
"A dirty white towel"
I have nothing to say about the place except for one thing....you should be presentable by getting your guest a clean white towels not a dirty white towels....its very disgusting that's why I have to buy new towels within our stay.....
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Thank you for sharing your comments! We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay, we do treasure your thought and we can resolve this problem with training. We hope that in the near future you stay with us again so we have the opportunity to give you a better stay!
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2015
joseph
"Great value for money"
Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Location is central and staff were nice.
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Zachary, thanks for staying with us. See you soon
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
zachary
"disgusting. unsafe with hookers"
we checked in. then went to room, bugs in room, towels the size of a postage stamp and hookers coming out of rooms and going onto Hollywood blvd. we left. disgusting. definitely not a 3 star hotel
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
"Adequate accommodations"
Room was adequate. Location was what we were looking for. Pictures of hotel are exactly what you see, no more no less. Thought room price was expensive but it is LA. Extremely hot, climate wise, air conditioner was over worked.
2 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2015
Donald
"Great for the money for sure"
Rooms really small, but it was clean and comfortable and pool was nice and clean. For the money I paid it was a perfect choice. Ya had few little issues but if u want a perfect hotel then go pay 200 or 300 a night. Great hotel for my needs. Office lady was really rude and acted like she hated her job with a passion but oh well...
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Cameron
"If you want to be in Hollywood you could do worse."
Decent rooms on the Hollywood strip. Not the nicest street in LA but a functional hotel.
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Thank you for staying with us, We are glad you enjoyed our location. Hope to see you soon.
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
"good price, good room"
Nice room, clean for the most part, Good price Will stay again. My only thing is the pool was close by 10 pm why ? It was a hot day, maybe pool should close later.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2015
"DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!"
I thought I would give this motel a try as it offers free parking, wi-fi, on-line photos of facility which appear to be decent and was reasonably priced for a last minute trip to Hollywood. Unfortunately, I only stayed a few hours and ran for home which fortunately was only 3 1/2 hours away. Linen was stained and dirty. Walls of room chipped and dirty. Water smelled like sulfer from sink. Furniture was worn and dirty. It appears that a lot of "undesirable people" live there monthly making a lot of noise. My daughter and I were not happy with the resident running around in his underwire with his lower level room door wide open. Brought concerns up to management and was told "There is nothing we can do about it". This is THE LAST time I try to give a cheap motel my business to save a little money while on vacation.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Campana
"Very nice rooms"
Good place and hotel room exceeded my expectations,the only problem was that when I arrived at night there was no parking left!
Response by The Dixie Hollywood
Amado, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. We are thrilled that you found the property to be so inviting. I will share your wonderful feedback with my staff including the housekeeping department. We look forward to having you as our guest on your return to Hollywood.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2015
Amado
"Save yourself from a nightmare"
Many negative things and couldn't think of any positives, tried hard though. 1) it's no where close to a 3 star hotel. 2) Rooms are super dirty, doors are not painted for years and they have rust on them, blackned with dirt. 3) bedding all polyester 4) Towels wow! Can't even talk about them. Super black, pitch black. 5) it's nowhere close to walking to walk of fame in that dangerous neighborhood where Dixie is located. Not safe at all. Bottom line pls save your self and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Pravs
"Stayed there for a concert"
We decided to stay at the Dixie Hotel in Hollywood for a concert that we were attending the next day. Check in was easy, the room was clean and revamped, and the price was affordable. The only issues that I saw was that the hotel tub/shower was scuffed and looked dirty. Check out was super easy, everything worked and there were no problems. Also the place was pretty central so food and entertainment were pretty close.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"No frills but good value."
This is a refurbished motel in an convenient but somewhat sketchy locale...very clean and quiet and was worth the price for my one night stay. The front desk attendant was very polite and helpful. No frills but good value.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
Nicholas
"Clean & Roomy"
Checked in during the evening, next day left at 11am. They do hold a $50 deposit---which expedia and The Dixie failed to mention prior to check-in.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Jane
"unfortunately I have to give this hotel a negative"
I travel frequently and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. This is not the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. I paid $195 for a 1 night stay. Then when I got in the room, I immediately noticed roaches everywhere crawling.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015