All hotels in Rochester, New York, United States of America
700 Commons Way, Rochester, NY, 14623, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Food is not good
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Close to restaurants"
Drain in bathroom was broken. No ice machine. Room was spacious.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Shanna - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your spacious room. However, please accept our apologies for your issue with your bathroom drain. We are working with our maintenance engineer to make sure the issue is resolved. We are also sorry if you were not notified about the ice trays in your freezer. We will work with our front desk staff to ensure that each guest is fully informed of our offerings at check-in. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel when you visit Rochester again. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
shanna
"Underwhelming but adequate"
Minimal "extended stay" accommodations. Decent room size, but very hard bed and uncomfortable squeaky, fake-leather chair. Thin, sandpaper towels. "Pick-up" breackfast consisted of weak coffee, packaged muffins & apples/oranges. Many better accommodations nearby for a similar price.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. Your feedback will be used to help our staff to improve our hotel for future guests. Thank you again for posting your review. We hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
3 night trip May 22, 2014
cslindquist
"Stay elsewhere"
The room was comfortable, but lacking normal hotel amenities. I had to walk downstairs to the lobby to get shampoo and conditioner. It was not supplied in the rooms. I also asked the front desk to set a wake up call so I'd be up in time for breakfast. I never got the wake up call and missed the included breakfast. I was very disappointed and would recommend staying elsewhere.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Kirstin - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our amenity policy did not meet your expectations and that you did not receive your wake-up call. As a team, we are working to ensure this does not happen again. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Kirstin
"RIT"
Great facility and awesome people backing it with their work... Loved the stay, will recommend to everyone who are around this area. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Vick - It is so rewarding to read that you had a such a pleasant stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel and our staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Vick
It was nice
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Prita - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that you had a nice time at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
Nice hotel, clean, large room, would recommend it.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"Clean and great location"
The free breakfast was small not much to chose from, great location, clean and friendly staff. My only issue was the dripping tub faucet.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff, the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel, and our convenient location with respect to shopping and restaurants. Still, I do apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast selection did not meet your expectations and for the dripping faucet. I am working with the staff to ensure the faucet is fixed as soon as possible. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
"Decent, accessible"
Hotel was perfectly fine, and quite affordable.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how affordable our hotel is. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"A very good hotel with not so good staff"
The Hotel is very clean and well located. I was surprised the night staff were not aware of booking through Hotels.com, had to do lots of convincing.
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
rajpan
"Rochester Review"
Spent a week at the Extended Stay America just off busy Jefferson Road in the south part of the Rochester NY area. My room and the facility looked clean and had the basics that you would expect from a studio apartment. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, But, my concern would be the lack of security. There was no attendent at the front desk at night and no lock on the building entrance door. Lack of a parking garage must cause problems in winter. No amenities, just the basics here.
6 night family trip Oct 22, 2013
Stuart
"Nice hotel, well appointed room."
Very comfortable bed. Just remember to bring a blow dryer, there was not one in the bathroom.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Ellen
"Looking for a resonable place to stay one night"
There was still food leftovers in refrigerator and freezer. Toilet bowl had a ring looks like it hadn't been cleaned. Sheets were not changed found hairs on pillows and sheet.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Ed - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your room not be cleaned to a higher standard. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are putting forth effort to hit on key points in the rooms as you mentioned in our survey as well as doing an inspection of all guest rooms prior to guest check-in. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Ed
"Rude and clueless"
The front desk staff was rude and disorganised, they gave me the wrong room, and woke me up at 1:00 in the morning to let me know that they have family back in MA in the same town I'm from and they DO NOT offer breakfast as they advertise.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found the front desk staff to be rude and that you were awoken at night. In response to your feedback, I am going to talk to my entire staff to let them know all of the issues you encountered and will make sure this does not happen again. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"Nice quiet ( in private) hotel."
We did experience a fire alarm going off and fire department arrived in matter of minutes. On the floor above us there was something left on the stove when occupants were out. We did not have to wait long to go back into our rooms.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the incident with the fire alarm. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchens and blow dryers in our guest rooms. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Family weekend at RIT"
The hotel was very convenient to everything. Carmen was WONDERFUL. This hotel has kitchenettes. It's been recently renovated. It was clean except the outside of the refrigerator. There was a smell that irritated my sinuses but I bought Lysol and it got rid of it. However, I was awakened by the police the first night removing someone. Every morning I was awakened by yipping dogs. It's a VERY pet friendly place. There are people that actually live there as their primary residence. They hang out in the lobby at times. There is some sort of breakfast that I wasn't told about but breakfast time is very noisy. I stayed out late most nights and wasn't happy about that. Especially the dogs barking or visiting with people in the lobby. The last 2 days I was there you couldn't come in any door except the lobby because the key wouldn't work. I reported this after someone else staying told me and I had it happen but nothing was done about it. Also, I didn't care but there is only housekeeping done once a week. One important thing to keep in mind is you can only check in between 3 and 11 pm.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The noise of the dogs barking as you described and your keys not working is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to make sure all the entrances to the hotel work for the keys, and to ensure the staff keeps a watchful eye on guests with noisy dogs. Still, I am pleased you found our staff helpful and courteous. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Sue
"good, affordable hotel"
I stayed here two nights for a concert. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the shower had great pressure and very hot water. Will be staying again!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Easy access to main highway and food"
Easily accessed from main highway and surrounded by good food locations. Very nice accommodations for short or extended stay. Room very comfortable and excellent amenities. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
3 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
"s"
the place could use better front desk staff especially late at night
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2013
"Just what I needed"
The staff was friendly. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It was nice to have the option to make my own food. I would stay there again without reservation.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Joelle - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you took advantage of your fully equipped kitchen to cook and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Joelle
LIghting in the room was poor - all flourescents. Also continental breakfast was a joke. Room was nice sized though and well maintained.
3 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
toilet seat was broken, mattress was sunken in in the middle but we were told they were new. Dishes were not clean in cupboard. No bathroom in lobby.
4 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Great hotel for the price!"
Stayed at Extended Stay Henrietta at Rochester for a few days. The location wasn't tremendously exciting, but the interior was in great shape. The room was spacious and clean. All the equipment worked fine (TV, AC, microwave, fridge etc.). One thing to keep in mind is that housekeep DOESN'T clean up your room everyday. And they charge you for extra pillows/blankets etc. Another thing that I wasn't too crazy about was that I forgot something in the room. I realized it soon after and called within hours to retrieve it. Yet when I returned to the hotel they didn't have it. Other than that, I had no complains.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Room service not on time
7 night business trip Aug 27, 2013
"Comfortable & Quiet."
Very quiet & comfortable. Very nice kitchen. Staff was very friendly, pleasant, and helpful.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"No comment"
Would not stay at hotel again. Staff was not helpful.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our staff was not helpful to your needs. In response to your feedback, I am scheduling a meeting with staff to review the procedures for providing optimum customer care. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"Nice staff, ok room"
The room was spacious and clean, but not very comfortable. The bed was very hard and gave both of us backaches by the morning. Also, the lights are all florescent which made the room feel very industrial, and not warm.
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Hi Jeff, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed interacting with our staff, however, I am disappointed to read that you did not have a most comfortable rest. We rely on our guests' feedback to make improvements at our hotel so I really appreciate you letting us know not only about the bed but about the lights as well. I will be sharing these comments with my supervisor to see how we can make improvements. We would love to see you again the next time you are in town to visit your son! Thanks again!
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"close to PGA Championship"
Understand it was " Extended Stay" , but rooms really need to be updated. Bathrooms were not clean. Trash barrels were very dirty. Just replacing bags is not good enough. The room just need to be updated.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Overnight stay"
We booked this because it was right off the highway and we were just staying for one night. We did not need the kitchen as we got there late and left in the morning.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
LB
Very clean and kept up; however, there was only one employee working the front desk when we needed to check in and he wasn't there when we arrived. We waited around 10 minutes for his arrival.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"GOOD FOR FAMLIES"
It wasn't for me. First time I have ever stayed @ a staybridge extended motel. The lobby was very very small !!! No public area really !!! The free wifi didn't really work until you paid $3.00. Away from everything !!! The worst part was the toilet handle jam my finger and the seat caught my butt !!! It seem like you were using the toilet near the floor!!! It did flush good !!! Next time I book a hotel I'm going to look for something better !!!
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Candace
"Reservations don't matter much"
Despite booking several months in advance, a non-smoking room was still not available. The staff at the front desk were bickering constantly, despite the manager's reminding them that it was less than professional to fight in front of guests. The fued has apparently been going on for two months as one had complained about the other's behavoir continuing for sixty straight days. The hotel is tucked away near a shopping center, so you really have to look for it. Signs are not out front, but rather its squirreled away on a side street. It did have a nice fridge, microwave and hotplate.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
Jefe
Excellent, convenient kitchen, attentive staff
1 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2013
former Rochesterian
"12 midnight repeated knock on door"
We were checked into our room at 6 PM. At midnight, we got four separate knocks on the door about 3 to 5 minutes apart. First one person and finally three persons knocking saying we were in the wrong room. We refused to open the door and stated that our check in slip indicated this room and our key works. We were finally asked to state our name and when we did one person said they had made a mistake. We repeatedly called the front desk during this disturbance and got no answer. The answering service for the hotel took our compliant. The next morning the front desk said that the only person on duty was from housekeeping. The front desk stated that we had been entered into the computer as occupying the next room number above ours and that someone else had mistakenly been assigned our room. We had difficulty sleeping that night!!!
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Hank
"Great value!"
If you're looking for five stars, then pay for five stars. This place was full of folks who are on the road for work. They left early, worked all day, and came home...the place was not full of partying college students. Great place for a cheap overnight if you want a kitchenette. Don't place too much stock in the "grab and go breakfast." Staff was wonderful. My room was very clean. (I had a smoking room by choice and am accustomed to smoking rooms being shabbier than the others...this was great. No fancy anything, but a great value for a clean room.
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2013
"Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
it was just what we needed it was just great and the place was clean and i enjoy everything
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Tony - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean room and our wonderful staff. As well, it is great to read that you found our location to be ideal, close to the mall and local grocery store. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Tony
OK in this price category
12 night trip Jun 2, 2013
"A great, cheap stay"
I spent two nights in a smoking room at this hotel. I was looking for a good value, and this hotel certainly hit the nail on the head. Housekeeping doesn't come every day like some places, but I didn't mind. The room was a nice size and had a good layout. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Jesse
"nice place to stay"
This was a very nice place to stay
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2013
Jeanette
"Not a bad hotel"
The hotel wasn't too bad. We had booked a smoking room but when we checked in they had us in a non smoking room and there were no smoking rooms available so my husband had to go down stairs and outside to smoke (not really the best area to be standing outside late at night). There was a group of teens outside being loud and kept going in and out of the hotel. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and the bed was very comfortable. The toilet could have been cleaned better but other than that pretty clean room.
1 night trip May 24, 2013
"Fine for the basics to sleep."
This place was fine for what I needed, just staying in town for a quick wedding. This might be how it is, but no maid service came around during the tow nights i was there. The fact that there was now shampoo was weird. The attendant i found in the hall with a cart, also didn't know if they had any. So I became creative. If you just need the basics for cheap its fine.
2 night trip May 9, 2013
"Hard to find"
The hotel was tucked back in behind a shopping center and hard to locate at night. The hotel was comfortable and the employees were helpful and friendly.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
Bob O
"Friend Staff"
The front desk clerk was very pleasant & helpful. The room was clean & the rate was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Mari
"ok hotel"
please go there. ok hotel. hotel is ok. hotel can be a tad bit better
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
"Great hotel for a reasonable price"
Room was large and featured a full kitchen. Staff were extremely helpful and courteous.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
"Close to R.I.T. and decent bang for the buck"
Very spacious room. No frills, but certainly affordable if you are only looking for a bed for the night. This was my 2nd time at an Extended Stay America, and I will stay at this chain again.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
"No bad"
Surprise that the room was that good, no king bed though, front desk clerk Zachary had no knowledge of anything I asked him but overall okay
Response by Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about your stay; however, we apologize that we were unable to accommodate your need for a king bed. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be sure to inform guests of the room types that we have available moving forward. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
JH
It was a nice stay, outside the fact that they didn't clean the garbage someone else left under the bed it was fine. They need a better breakfast selection as well.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2013
Angie
"Conveniently located"
Good facility but needs double beds!
5 night trip Mar 16, 2013
Fred
"Comfortable, but not fancy"
This hotel was a great value. Don't expect any fancy amenities, but it's clean and serves its purpose. In the mornings they put out coffee and snacks, and there are also a number of restaurants close by. The kitchen setups mean you can cook, too, if you're so inclined. There are also laundry facilities if you need them.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2013
"A nice couples getaway !"
I stayed in rm 212 the room was great but the refridgerater needs to be replaced it was making a sound like a small earth quake. I also was not to able to regulate the tempeture in our room it was either too cool or tool hot ! The other problem we had was that the guest above us I guess had children and they were extremely loud especially late at night and during the day I tried to be nice about it but they were so loud they were shaking the table in our room ! If you leave out those two items I mentioned our stay was great !
Other trip Feb 18, 2013