All hotels in Hot Springs, Virginia, United States of America
7696 Sam Snead Highway, Hot Springs, VA, 24445, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Beautiful and fun
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"The Homestead - great vacation"
wonderful! Breakfast buffet is outstanding. We had beautiful weather that really made for a great get away.
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Room was a long way from the main part of the hotel which was hard on my Mom who was 85.. Limited restaurants mid-week on the property. Overall a lovely spot and great hotel staff.. Informal and not pretentious at all for an old resort. Historically very interesting!! Will definitely return. Great rate from Hotels.com!
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"great get away"
Very friendly staff. Room was clean and comfortable
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
"First family getaway!"
We had a wonderful time with our 7 month old at the Homestead. I was a little concerned with whether this would be a family-friendly place and found it to be quite lovely! The staff was very accommodating, everything we could need was on-site and the little perks (afternoon tea, etc.) were the icing on the cake!
3 night family trip May 17, 2015
Alison
"Another wonderful stay!"
Another wonderful Mother's Day stay! We enjoyed horseback riding, a massage, the beautiful pools, and delicious food! Already looking forward to our next adventure.
2 night family trip May 6, 2015
Sheryl
"Public Spaces Need Sprucing Up!"
Found maintenance of drapery, rugs in Washington room lacking, as well as unrepaired pedestal to columns at North end of Great Hall disappointing. Public bathrooms opposite Martha Market and in Jefferson Room were poorly maintained. Wonderful oils of Jefferson Rm had worn and illegible legends. Main dining room was needed but not open for the many people who were turned away at the Jefferson dining room without a reservation. "Lee" at concierge desk was very helpful and found Ridgely Gardens in Clifton Forge. He made a reservation for a private garden tour which was a highlight!(In addition to the waterfalls en route.)
3 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
donald
"boring"
Kind of boring
3 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Grand Old Hotel in need of serious upgrading."
Ceilings were peeling. People walked through the lobby wearing bath robes. Only had one good meal. It was very relaxing, but for the money we expected more. Both soap dishes in the bathroom were broken. My family used to come to The Homestead every Thanksgiving until the cottages were converted to shops. After that, we switched to the Greenbriar. We will go there from now on....sorry, but you haven't kept up!
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Wonderful stay!"
The hotel was wonderful! We enjoyed our stay very much. We especially enjoyed the cleanliness of room, the swimming pools which stayed open late, the fitness facility, the grand lobby with tea time at 3pm and the beautiful mountain views. The tea treats were great, too. We were especially impressed that the outdoor pools remained heated and open during a snow storm outdoors!
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Hana
"Nice, but not amazing"
It was a good stay - but it was not worth the price point. We were in a Deluxe King with View, and the view was simply the surrounding mountain hills, nothing incredible. The building is old, so we will hear creaks and cracks as well as people talking in the hallway (so get a room far from the elevator). The actual village of Hotsprings had absolutely nothing to offer, so please don't even bother. The service was great - everyone kind and courteous. The Market had great sandwiches and espresso drinks (Peet's coffee). The Jefferson dining was not bad. The main dining room is for elederlies, really... Highly suggest you do the horseback and archery. Oh and the outdoor family pool is GREAT!!!
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
G-Hoon Daniel
"First Empty Nester vacation"
My husband and I were taking our first empty nester vacation after a stop in Blacksburg. It was a great weekend. We felt completely relaxed and rejuvenated
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
amy
We had a good experience overall. The history tour is very good. Massages excellent. Some trouble when showed up for scheduled massages and there was not available room but they resolved the situation nicely.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Reoccuring Visit!"
My boyfriend and I decided we needed a relaxing trip and that was exactly what we got! The commute to the hotel was beautiful with mountain views and very quite. The resort was HUGE and provided great views. It had so many activities to do for couples and if you have a family. The staff was quite pleasant and very eager to let us know everything going on at the resort from the Spa's to local resturants, bike riding, trail walks, swimming, mini golf and so much more. We even were able to check in early and obtain a upgraded room from Traditional to Delux. We were so please with our visit that we decided to make this a reoccuring trip the only thing that would be different is bringing our four year old along. The only down fall was that our room did not have a great view we could only see the windows of other guest rooms so as a fyi just ask the resort staff for a resort view or golf course view. Otherwise, it was a great trip and I would surely suggest this to anyone.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Leah
"Great stay, definitely visit the spa"
The spa was amazing and worth the added charge.
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Elliot
"The setting was beautiful, The food gorgeous,"
Wonderful overall experience had by my wife and I and our 4 kids! We loved it!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Great for history, scenery, and spa"
The hotel is a national treasure in terms of historical value, but it is very old...in all ways. The hotel needs a lot of work, which no doubt is a year round and expensive job. You don't go to the Homestead for the rooms, you go for the experience. It is beautiful and steeped in intrigue. The spa is one of the best parts, so don't go here an skip the spa, the spa offers the only on site hot spring that is not chlorinated. Also, the spa facilities are top notch. The Jefferson Pools are not operated by the Homestead, so if you want to go there you can easily do it on your own- plenty of free parking and no reservations needed. You don't get a deal via the Homestead. The Homestead charges for parking which is nuts considering they are in the middle of nowhere and have tons of land...anyway, just make sure that you don't use the valet. It is tempting because it is the same price, but I got two massive dings on my car (I know they did it because the car was brand new prior to this trip). In general, the Homestead is massively overpriced, but you are paying for the maintenance of a historical gem and the prestige of the "Omni" brand. Oh and the food is nothing to write home about. Bring your own wine!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Missy
"Good family resort. Convenient, quaint town"
Relaxing, luxurious, posh. Very convenient to have everything you need there whether you want to do nothing but watch the snow fall, or have a packed day of activities. Beautiful architecture, accommodating staff, gorgeous setting
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Joel
"Restful stay at The Homestead"
It had been 6 years since going to The Homestead and we were glad to go back to enjoy peace and comforts it offers. Yes, she's an old dame but it is what we love about the resort; its since of history and grand scale. The staff was more attentive then i ever remember and we were so pleased with our accommodations! The sweet women who checked us in took care in giving my daughter and i a memorable room during for our stay...exceeded our expectations!
2 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
"Starting to collect money for parking & games"
The resort start charging parking fees when you check out without any prior notice. Indoor games is not free which is a main entertainment area for kids & families. Theatre heating is not working and freezing cold. Theatre needs renovation since is super old. They charge for SPA & then the sauna for men is not hot at all close to 50-60F!!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
moss
"Charming Virginia Hotel"
Absolutely loved the room! The staff were all incredibly polite and accommodating. Would definitely return!
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Leigh Anne
"Charming Virginia Hotel"
Absolutely loved the room! The staff were all incredibly polite and accommodating. Would definitely return.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Leigh Anne
Nice seclusion, relaxing experience. Spa was fantastic
"The Homestead - head and shoulders above the rest"
This is a hotel we will come back to again and again. Such charm and ambience. There is nothing quite like the dining service, friendly without being obsequious. The Homestead is something no other country can boast of.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
William D.
"nice weekend getaway"
nice weekend getaway
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Elena
"Very disappointing!"
Left after first night! They closed the dining venue we had selected for our first night because of low hotel occupancy. The facility, overall, is rundown. Outside area of front entrance and front door was very dirty. Furniture in room had lots of scratches and digs. Had to keep heavy drapes in room closed because of cold draft coming from around door to balcony and the window. Service in Jefferson dining room was terrible and the kitchen "forgot" one of our orders , according to our inept waiter. Couldn't provide us with an accounting of our stay when we checked out a day early because their system "was down". They promised to email us one so we could show Hotel.com that we didn't stay the second night, but it's been 4 days and we haven't received it. One bright spot in our stay was Dennis, the bellman! Thank goodness the Greenbrier was a short distance away and more than made up for our disappointing stay at the Homestead.
2 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Theodore
"winter getaway"
The spa treatments were exceptional, although very pricey. Beautiful scenery and nice getaway even in cold January.
2 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Anne
"Missing Amenities"
This is our third stay at the Homestead. Our 4 children love going because of the amenities. This stay we were disappointed because the indoor pool was closed and tubing wasn't available. If notice was given I think we would still have come but at least knowing would have lessened our disappointment. Thoughts: - second mirror in each rm - great service at meals and tea time but may want to vary the snacks offered at tea
3 night family trip Jan 27, 2015
"Such a Gem!"
Unfortunately it was too cold to do any outdoor exploring but the Hotel and the grounds are so beautiful.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Winter Break"
Very nice.... we enjoyed walking to the town and the general area. The hotel amenites were nice
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Very Nice Hotel"
I think Omni has done a really good job with the Homestead. My wife and I stayed with our 4 and 6 year old children and really liked it alot. It was surprisingly family friendly. We had a great time and for the most part the customer service was spectacular. I was surprised how hard it was to get reservations for the restaurants and didn't realize that the main dining room required jacket and tie until it was too late, but we had a great time nevertheless. It is definitely a good idea to plan your dining choices and activities in advance as certain things filled up before we arrived.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Douglas
"Historic Hotel"
We enjoyed our stay in a nice, if older, hotel with excellent services and staff. It was a bit pricey, but otherwise well worth the trip.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Roger
"Beautiful Hotel"
This hotel is an outstanding value. Aristocratic charm. Outstanding staff who have an attention to detail, that is comparable to what you would find at a Ritz Carlton.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Pre Christmas celebration"
We had a wonderful time there just before Christmas. The hotel was beautifully decorated and there was a piano player in the Great Hall every afternoon. There was also a Christmas concert on December 23 with two young ladies performing Christmas songs - beautiful voices and the concert was a real delight. The history tour was interesting and should not be missed. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The dining room is gorgeous and I loved the nightly music for dinner. We also liked both bars. The library is te perfect place to sit down with a book and relax. The one disadvantage: Unless your wanted a sit-down full buffet breakfast every morning, there was no real alternative for a smaller breakfast except Martha's Market which is not really an option, since it provides only snack type food. All in all, it was an enchanted three day stay.
2 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Brigitte
"Lots of kids"
Hotel is overall lovely with lots of activities to keep entertained. The food at all the restaurants was top notch! This place is great for families. As a young couple it was fun, but there are a lot of kids around. I probably wouldn't want to stay longer than a couple nights.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Beautiful area to spend Christmas."
My wife and I spent our first Christmas married there together. We had a memorable time there and enjoyed seeing all the beautiful Christmas decorations.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Nice hotel, but we were not in the main hotel area"
I have stayed in the main part of the hotel two times and this time, with Expedia, we were put in a room that was on a side wing away from the main hotel. I was not pleased with the room. The room was too small and bathroom had a small tub. Not special. The rooms in the main part of the hotel are special. I did ask Expedia if i was in the main part of the hotel and them said yes, which was not true.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Will go back"
Enjoyable resort. Lots of activities. The only real down portion for me was the food selections and hotel restaurants. Bedding was a bit dingy too. Spa was delightful.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
We stayed at the Omni Homestead for a few days over Christmastime. The hotel was decorated beautifully, and we felt like it was a great way to be exposed to the Southern traditions the hotel is famous for. The staff was incredibly welcoming and courteous. The hotel was in good condition, but I do think it could be updated to reflect the times (however I know that is incredibly expensive). The spa was out of this world, I had a massage and soak in a teak bath. Truly, I've been to top spas all over the country and have never experienced the modern luxury that is the Homestead Spa. There is a gorgeous private pool (for adults only) with a rock-lined walking pool to feel the hot springs. The spa itself has several treatment rooms with various showers (from an Arctic or Caribbean experience) as well as a sauna, steam room, and out of this world lounge chairs in front of screens with the hot springs on it. Truly incredible.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Kimberly
"Hotel is fantastic! Spa is so-so"
The Omni Homestead is a spectacular old hotel. I stayed there in mid-December when it was decorated for Christmas and it was truly stunning. The staff went out if their way to be nice and accommodating. From the housekeeper who helped me look for a lost earring to the server who went to the kitchen and stuffed olives with blue cheese, people who worked at the Homestead were genuinely nice and helpful. My only caution is to think twice before going to the pricey spa. While my pedicure there was relaxing and probably worth the price, the 80 minute massage was completely disappointing. Two calls to the spa director were not returned and although I left my business card with a request for a call back, I have yet to be favored with a reply.
2 night trip Dec 17, 2014
"Great views of the mountains!"
The slopes were terrific, my sons did the best they ever did. And to finish off the trip, we swam in the beautiful pool. Overall, it was the best trip for skiing!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Anna
"The Homestead"
I loved it.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2014
Donovan
"1st Time"
Outstanding first time stay for us.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Stanley
"Stay out of the jacuzzi !!!"
Over chlorinated outdoor jacuzzi at their spa left 3rd degree burns and blistering, plus rendered us hairless. Hotel did not admit any wrong doing despite numerous complaints!!! Just how one wants to be treated while on vacation at a "spa" resort.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
JKR
"Great hotel!"
Great hotel and staff; we had an amazing time! Can't wait to bring the whole family next time!
3 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Solo to be relaxed without upsets needed yet.."
I was looking forward to an alone spa getaway alone while I have had a health issue in the last year. I was more than ready to get away to a favorite nearby resort. I was totally disappointed and mortified with three employees that stressed my stay before and during. I encountered more positive employees that were wonderful and top notch yet the positive and negative should be addressed in detail to acknowledge the ones that made a difference and to improve or diminish the negative situations/safety issues. I was going to plan a trip again in first or second week in November and spoke with a manager in regards to the available Presidential suite/s which have comfortable accommodations and a fabulous bathtub to relax while recovering in November. I stayed in the suite on 11 floor with the large enclosed balcony...nice suite I would recommend a more cozy feel and eat in table on balcony other than that the inside rooms are comfortable.I would appreciate a return email/call from the manager as I was unable to meet with him during my visit. Kindly, Jennifer Medley
3 night trip Nov 2, 2014
"You won't want to leave!"
We arrived and the hotel location is breath taking. The lobby is open, inviting, and takes you back in time. Must participate in the afternoon tea at 3pm everyday in lobby. Front desk staff effecient and friendly. The spa is wonderful and loved the thermal spa.
3 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Penny
"A Great Experience!"
I love this place and would love to go every 3-4 months to experience each season. It's a little pricey, and it could be worth waiting for deals, but what one gets in return is a location and service that isn't found in very many places in the world.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Slcaru0
"Wow!"
Wow is how I would describe this place. From the sheer size of it, to the beauty of the grounds surrounding it... It's truly amazing! And the staff was super. As my husband and I were leaving, a young employee was arriving for his shift. He asked if we had enjoyed our stay and wished us well with the rest of our travels...very nice!
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
We had a wonderful time, and the leaves were at peak
Other trip Oct 21, 2014