All hotels in Whitecourt, Alberta, Canada
5420 49th Ave, Whitecourt, AB, T7S 1P3, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.6
"my stay"
hotel is older should be a little less expensive staff was nice non smokers get put down in the basement overall we will not stay here again
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Pet friendly Paradise!!"
I was traveling through canada on my way to alaska and this was a great place to stay. The rooms look recently renovated, one of the nicest bathrooms I've seen in a hotel, and they go above and beyond pet friendly, every member of staff that I saw made sure to pet and give a treat to my dog and they gave me a goodies bag with treats and water for my dog!!! great place to stay with pets!!
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Marissa
"First room had to change. The AC did not work."
First room AC didn't work, 2nd room AC quite loud. Lobby area to hot no AC so all the doors were left open, very muggy and uncomfortable. The restaurant was the same to warm and muggy to eat with any comfort. I asked for ice tea and was handed a can with 33grams sugar, being a diabetic I said I can't drink this and the waiter/cook just shook his head and left me with the can.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
ken
A very descent place to stay.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2013
Dorothy
"Good for a one night stay"
My stay was alright. I would not want to stay in that hotel for a long period of time as it was quite dated and somewhat noisey.The restaurant was nothing special but it is a good hotel if you don't care and just want a place to sleep.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013

"run down hotel, but great room!"
Quick one night stay in Whitecourt for work. Hotel is a little run down, but the room itself was great! For once i think i actually got the room in the promo photos, and it didn't disappoint. Spacious, comfortable, quiet, very clean.
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
Simon
"Location..."
They really should mention the GIANT STACK/MILL beside the building. And the chef at the restaurant must hate food... I think the facelift on the inside has really helped and management has added the additional comforts and cleanliness, but really the location for me is what killed it.
Response by Quality Inn Whitecourt
I'm sorry that the location of our hotel was unpleasant for you . I would like to apologize on behalf of the restaurant .I will pass along your comments . I'm glad to hear that our renovations are making a positive impact on our guests. Sincerely , NMOSS
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
good clean hotel - great staff - very helpful. nice clean room.
Response by Quality Inn Whitecourt
Thank you for the great review ! Hope to see you again soon
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"There is lots better"
Just stayed for the night while traveling to work. For the price, wayyyyyy over priced. Its a champagne cost room for a beer budget cost room. So if you can find something else for cheaper I would recommend it. Bed was comfy. heat was good. shower worked well. Just small, no desk in room and old hotel.
Response by Quality Inn Whitecourt
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us . We appreciate your kind words about the beds, heat and shower .I'm sorry you felt our prices were too high. We are currently renovating to meet the needs of our guests and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a great stay. N.Moss
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"I expected to much after looking at the photos"
I looked at the photo's and probably expected to much, the hotel is dated, to me needs another reno. The king bed was the best part of the room. This will suffice for work crews, for a weekend getaway, I will book one of the newer hotels in town
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"working in whitecourt"
overall good stay, clean, good service
Response by Quality Inn Whitecourt
Thank you for the review ! Glad to hear you had a good stay. Hope to see you again soon Management & staff Quality Inn Whitecourt
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
Jamie
"nice place"
One draw back. half way to oyr room on the main floor, there is a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Other than that the place was great. Woody's restaurant was very good
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
denise k.
"wrong side of tracks"
not great
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"quite"
hotel is older cost should reflect that
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
"Very enjoyable"
We had a most enjoyable stay. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant. They were very kind to our dogs and even gave them each a treat.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
val
"Great Space"
Water, Lounge, Food, Gym and the room wasn't bad either.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
SAMMY
"Little get away"
It was a nice quiet stay. Staff was friendly . Rooms were well kept and beds were very comfy. For the price was way worth it. Next time I stay in whitecourt I Most likely will stay again and try woody's BBQ.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Jody
"Nice view"
We were there overnight, heading to the coast but would have stayed longer if possible. Very comfortable.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Not great"
The hotel is clean but dated. It is bordered by the highway on one side, a busy train line on another and a 24/7 mill on the other. It is at the very west end of the town away from all the food places and it is on a dead end so when traffic gets backed up you have no other options. I did eat their free breakfast which was ok. The restaurant was clean but dated and simple breakfast food.
4 night trip Jun 27, 2014
dont remember much about the hotel. so didnt impress.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"GREAT"
I was impressed with the value for price paid. I had a hot fresh cooked meal as opposed to the standard buffett. Also, the rooms were updated. And the lounge on site was actually pretty happening. Great stay and friendly staff.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
SAMMY
"Comfortable Stay"
The stay was comfortable and they gladly accepted our two dogs. The hotel was very Clean. Bed was suoer comfy. Staff dressed really unprofessional but were nice. A little outdated but that's Minor. Had a great stay.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Haileu
I had a wonderful stay, the staff was nice and funny and caring. My reservation was done and I was in my room in minutes. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I liked where it was because it was just on the outskirts of town, but then only a few minutes to drive anywhere. The restaurant was very nice too.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Kate
"To hot"
Could not turn the tempature down. Had to sleep with the outside door cracked open.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
dean
Room was very clean and up-dated but the rest of the hotel was very old and had a stale beer and musty smell. Was located right beside paper factory and railway tracks in an industrial area far from local aminities.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Clean and quiet hotel. Comfortable beds, good staff. Breakfast was great.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Not a first choice"
Staff were polite and friendly. Hotel was clean, but musty smelling. The "non-smoking"room still had the stale odour of previous smokers. There was no ramps or elevator so if you had luggage you had to be able to carry it up and down the stairs. The bathroom had an unusual setup for the shower that required a call to the front desk for assistance.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Excellent staff service"
the staff make the hotel, their consideration, their help and politeness
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
father
"Whitecourt AB"
It was a nice stay, we stayed for a swim meet so it was just a place to lay our heads and it was economical and did what it needed to do. Thanks
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Joan
"POOR HOTEL FOR A QUALITY INN"
HOTEL REEKED OF CIGARETTE SMOKE IN THE HALLWAYS. DOOR OF ROOM WOULDN'T OPEN PROPERLY. HANDLE KEPT JAMMING. STAFF WERE FRIENDLY ENOUGH BUT WEREN'T COMMITTED TO GOOD SERVICE. VERY RUN DOWN APPEARANCE BUT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE RENOVATING SOME ROOMS.
Other trip May 11, 2013
"Disappointing"
From the outside it looks good. The rooms are run down with little to no maintenance. The bathroom door would stay closed as the handle was worn out, the shower doesn't drain properly leaving you standing in 4 to 6 inches of water when you are showering. The main door into the room had large gaps on the top and bottom allowing every little sound to be heard in the hall and the room. The carpets felt like we were walking in a sand box. On the last night we stayed we had to call the front desk as it was very noisy after 11 pm. For the money we paid, it will be a long time before I EVER stay in another Quality Inn.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
Butch
Overall was good. Most liked about the hotel - heating system in the room. Constant temperature control, which is better than some of the new hotels. Condition of hotel - the rooms were pretty good, the only aspect I would say that needs "a better look" are the hallways. The entrance was a bit tricky to get on the first try. Missed my turn and had to turn around but that's okay.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2012
"Needs work."
This hotel would have been first class when it was built. My room was setup well, but becoming rundown. The bathroom for example really needs work. New toilet and tub. It was quite expensive given the condition. The entire place is in need of updating.
Other trip Nov 16, 2012
"my stay at the quality inn in whitecourt"
The employees were always smiling and friendly.They were very helpful. There was a cold draft comng from the door of the balcony. I was also a little disapointed to not have the option of the contential breakfast.It was an ok stay,but for the price of the room I would stay at a place that had a pool or breakfast included.
Other trip Nov 14, 2012
tarra
The building is pretty old and in need of renovations - however, the staff were very pleasant and the bed was comfortable.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2012
1 night trip Nov 16, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Quality Inn Whitecourt

"Summer trip"
07/17/15 colbert540 Montreal, Canada
Very pleasant and courteous hotel staff. Room was clean,quiet and very reasonably priced . Enjoyed our stay there, will stay here if i'm in the area again. Made use of the exercise room. All my dining and drinking options were at the facilities, enjoyed that.
"Over night"
05/17/15 Robert C Calgary, Canada
I recently stayed at the Quality Inn, in Whitecourt, AB, where I have stayed in the past. My room was clean, comfortable bed and pillows. Hallway carpets are getting a touch on the tired side. Good exercise room. Had dinner in the lounge, which was BBQ ribs and sausage, it was very good. Language in the lounge was 'colourful', to say the least, the bartender, perhaps should have a little more control over her regulars. The complimentary. Breakfast was a disappointment, not much of a choice. Doubt that I will stay again, given the choices that Whitcourt now has
"OK Stay"
05/11/15 VcToria G Edmonton, Canada
The Positive: Nice staff at check in and quick. Was able to get an early check in with no issues. Room was OK. Bed was comfortable. Balcony was really nice to sit on. Pets are free. Negative: Even on the main floor you have stairs. No elevator and if u are like me I had to make 6 trips up and down stairs even though I was on the main floor. You cannot pack a nice cart up and take it all to your room. Why stairs on a main floor? The coffee was Undrinkable. Whether u made it in the old fashioned coffee maker in the room, or took the free coffee in the hall it is HORRIBLE. They need to change the brand. Pillows are half the size of ordinary pillows and very uncomfortable. [Never seen pillows like this] Some sort of beeping of construction vehicles backing up ALL night long. Had to turn the fan on to drown this out. Not the fault of the hotel but ALL night? At least call the city and speak to them for your guests comfort. All in all 1-2 nights is OK. I stayed there because of the pets and the free charge.
"Not so Quality but OK!"
12/07/14 richard o Nottingham, United Kingdom
First time in the Quality Inn Chain. I normally stay in Holiday Inns. Not very impressed with this hotel but its just ok for a few days.. If i were staying longer i would try and find something more QUALITY! Rooms ok but the smell around the place on the corridor is dreadfull. Air freashner system too over powering to an extent of putting my hand over my nose and mouth. Maybe they trying to hide the smell on something different. One big plus here is that its ideal suited for local oil and gas jobs, on highway 43. Good bar and restaurant and the food is ok but a little over priced. Free WIFI
"Stayed at better, stayed at worse"
11/07/14 ReasonableCharlie Cody, Wyoming
This hotel is dated and undergoing remodeling. The first room the breaker blew while running the air conditioner. It was operated by an extension cord stretched across the room. I found the cord to be very hot to the touch when the breaker blew. Called the desk and they had someone reset the breaker. Went to the desk and told them how hot the cord was, hot enough to start a fire. They cheerfully moved us to a newer room and that was much better. Hotel has a back yard area along the river which was a nice place to relax.
"smelly place"
08/12/14 hatetofly4273 Toronto, Canada
Stayed here for 3 days....check in was fine, all staff were pleasant and courteous. Checked out the 1st room.....wow....as soon as we opened the door, the smell of stale air and old cigarette smoke hit us.....would have called the front desk but the phone didn't work. Back to reception I went. The girl was very helpful and moved us to a new room. The smell was just a slight bit better and the phone worked! Since it was late, we stayed in the room. Figured I could open the window....Wrong....the window did not open and the air conditioner was the only source of air.....and it sounded like a freight train. Our key card never worked properly had to always get help to get into the room.....apparently it had been like this forever! I would have moved to yet another room, but "apparently" the place was full..... They give you a coupon for a free breakfast (3 choices) or $5.00 off the menu. It was okay..... We were leaving for 2 days and then returning to stay one more night at this hotel, so I requested prior to leaving a balcony room, so that in case the smell was bad, we could at least open the door. This room was much better. This is suppose to be a smoke free hotel and it most certainly is not....you can smell the smoke in the hall ways....but no ones cares.
"Great hotel, but too close to train tracks"
08/05/14 Travelin-Nini Calgary
We had a nice stay at The Quality Inn in Whitecourt. We stayed for 1 night before the August long weekend. Our check in service was really great; the lady kindly interacted with my daughter, was patient while she corrected a booking error (that was done through a 3rd party website - not an error of their own. Truthfully, it was probably my own error that was made when booking) and made some dinner recommendations at our request. The rooms themselves were pretty average - nothing too unusual. We settled in for a good nights rest, but unfortunately were disturbed SEVERAL times throughout the night thanks to the train tracks located directly behind the rear parking lot. Our room (#122) was located at the back of the hotel, and I'm not sure if the trains can be heard if located elsewhere, but it was awful. The trains would blow the horn at the exact point behind the hotel. Thankfully, our young daughter would sleep through a natural disaster and wasn't woken up by the train, but my husband and I were. We ate breakfast (included with the rate) at Woody's Taphouse. We expected the complimentary breakfast to be nothing more than a bowl of cereal or a bagel, but were pleasantly surprised by the menu offered. I had French toast and bacon, my daughter had pancakes and bacon, and my husband eggs, bacon and toast. All were a part of the complimentary menu. It all tasted good, and there was enough there to fill us up. If those aren't your cup of tea for breakfast options, they did have another menu to choose from, which the complimentary breakfast ticket would knock $5 off of the price. We didn't see this menu as we were satisfied with what was offered. Juice/coffee was also included. I regret that the train tracks have such an impact on my rating; the hotel, the restaurant and the staff were all good. But I unfortunately had a pretty crummy sleep as a result of the hotel's location and would not likely return to this hotel based on this one detail.
"Great Room"
07/07/14 Canadian_Gwen Saskatoon, SK, Canada
The room was large had a small balcony with chair my view was of the parking lot. Hotel was on the river bank very pretty. The outside of the building is not that great but the rooms was fantastic very clean, large bathroom was large gave the toiletries and hair dryer available. They offered a complimentary breakfast (choice of 3 items) or you could order off the menu and get a discount. Chose the offered breakfasts was very good. Checking in and out was quick. Didn't use any of the other amenities. Was pet friendly great place to walk the dogs woukld have been nicer to have a room closer to the exit. I would come back the rooms were great.
06/28/14 Baily12 Hayriver
Felt welcomed from the moment I step threw the doors thanks to Candice. Room stay was great had a great sleep and food was good. Stayed closed to doors in room 100 so really liked that, would come again
"awesome!!"
06/17/14 adam d Whitecourt, Canada
the rooms where clean taylor was very welcoming i would stay here again! the food has been good. the bed where very very comfy. i would defiently tell other people to stay here. thank you for your service