All hotels in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, United States of America

• Value
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"In and out"
Got in showered went to bed. Woke up and showered then left. It was extremely clean and the shower had great pressure
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
"Heads above the other Bensalem hotels."
I discovered this hotel a few months ago. It is a real gem and it is much nicer than what you normally expect from this chain. Internet is free and high speed. The rooms are spacious, the bedding is awesome and the bathrooms are all modern and large. There is an affordable. clean and pleasant breakfast in the am and all staff I have encountered have been pleasant and helping. Strongly recommend.
2 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
Sal
"Pleasantly surprised"
One of the nicer holiday inns I have stayed at. For the money, I was not expecting much. The hotel however, was very clean throughout. Very nice setup in the lobby through the waiting and bar area. This was the nicest, cleanest and most comfortable rooms I have stayed in quite some time.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
joe
Clean comfortable. Too bad there is no shuttle to Parx.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Nice and convenient"
Stayed two nights for a wedding in town. was convenient and looks newly renovated. Really no issues.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Roger
The room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. I was too tired and it was too late to go and switch my room again.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"The best greeting walking in, clean and refreshing"
IT WAS GREAT. I WISH I COULD REMEMBER THE MAN AT THE FRONT DESK NAME. HE WAS SO WONDERFUL. HE DID NOT REMEMBER US FROM THE LAST STAY BUT TREATED US WONDERFUL IF NOT BETTER THEN THE FIRST TIME. He really handles the front desk well and is very nice and professional when he does it. we will defiantly come again and he is truly the reason why.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Doreen
"Beautiful hotel"
The location is great, easy access to multiple restaurants shop etc. Close proximity to center city and the casino is walking distance. The housekeepers,security guard and morning front desk employees were friendly amd kind. Very welcoming. The gentleman who checked my son and I in was on the other hand very rude. I felt like a complete incoinvience to him. I happen to be general manager at a popular restaurant and I know the importance of a first impression. He absolutely would not work for me if that was his normal behavior. For example when I asked him for directions to a local wawa he said " you have a phone don't you". Again thanks to the security guard on duty who was kind enough to help me.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"2 night stay"
Very comfortable and clean!
2 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
"Casino shopping and restaurant's just minutes away"
Been staying at this hotel for last several years and ever had any problems. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend staying there.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
JOHN
"Make an effort"
We noticed that they do not clean the carpets every day in the diner area. Also, in an hotel with 6 floors, more than 200 rooms, they only have one rolling luggage
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Norberto
"Be a "manager" and make good decisions."
i arrived at 6pm with work to do and no car. The hotel was out of bottled water. the front desk guy laughed at me when I couldn't believe they didn't have water. There is nothing in walking distance to get water either. Next morning the desk lady laughed also. I didn't think it was funny that a manager couldn't make a decision to go to a store and buy water. they blamed a contract they have with someone. RIDICULOUS.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
joseph
"One night stay"
Hotel was very nice and clean from the lobby to the room. The sheet in my room had a small coffee stain on it but besides that it was nice.
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
"Good Hotel for the Most Part"
Updated hotel, with very clean rooms. Staff is friendly and courteous. Just didn't like the $75 incidental that they charge your credit card aside from what you pay on your room. I understand that's hotel policy; just bad policy in my opinion.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Hotel close to lots of shopping and restaurants"
we had a good experience at this hotel...no issues
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"nice place in Bensalem"
Main draw back on this trip was that we REALLY could have used a microwave in the room. Beds were super comfortable, we all slept well each night. But it seems like there is way too much furniture (or the furniture is too large) for the room. We were tripping over each other and the luggage.
9 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
"Philly trip"
Great location, exactly what we needed, a safe and comfortable location with restaurants in either direction. The only negative, with so many rooms they only had two luggage carts...but I think that's typical in most hotels such as these. I most certainly recommend and will stay again.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Henry
"Disappointed."
Disappointed. Used to being able to get breakfast for free. Also, skimpy on soap and cups. Bed so high off the floor could hardly get in it.
Response by Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Hello Traveler, so sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay. We strive to ensure that each of our guests have an exceptional experience and we apologize we didn't provide that for you. Please note that the entire Holiday Inn brand does not serve free breakfast, so we hope you don't associate that critique with just our particular hotel. We'd also be happy to supply you with as much soap and cups as you may need, so we also apologize that you didn't feel as though we would be equipped to provide you with that request. Our newly appointed rooms have been lauded as the best in the market, so we certainly hope you'll give us another chance to change your perception.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
"Nov. 2014"
The food in the dinning would was not very good. Both of the dinners I had were disappointing. Small portions and poor quality of ingredients. The breakfast I order could have been great, but it was cold when it was served. I thought about saying something, but I didn't have the time. There was not enough wait staff working. I asked for a glass of water - 3 times - and never got it. I had to ask for coffee multiple times. Again, the hotel was great, the restaurant was disappointing. I would consider staying someplace else next time because I prefer to eat at the hotel where I stay.
2 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
"Thanks again."
It was very good, and I apperciate it very much. Thank you all very much.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Sound sleep"
Beautiful room with the most comfortable bed.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Enjoyed my stay despite the downsides"
The hotel appeared to be relatively new with a modern style. Two adults and two children easily fit in the huge and comfortable beds. We stayed here on our trip to sesame place. The pool was also very nice. The two downsides were that when we arrived I went to bathe my kids in the tub and found hair in it, so i decided to shower them instead. Also, after i put my kids to bed, we found a roach in the room. We notified the front desk when we were checking out.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
"Disappointed :("
We stayed in this hotel for 2 days during our trip to Sesame Place. We chose this hotel based on its good reviews and proximity to Sesame Place. Unfortunately the experience was not at all good. - The elevator was not working properly which they said was due to some maintenance work going on (understandable) - There was no telephone in the room which they said was out of order and they have called for repair but (still understandable) - There was no moisturizing lotion in the bathroom which is a standard in all good hotels. They could not provide it even after asking - The ironing board had an over-sized and crinkled cover and ironing clothes on that was really difficult. In fact the clothes were getting more crinkled by attempting to iron on the board - Breakfast was complimentary with our package. The front desk staff notified us at the time of check in that the breakfast is served till 11 am. So, we did not bother to check the timings anywhere else. In the second day of our stay which was a Monday we reached for breakfast at about 9:45 and they said that 11 am is only for the weekend and for weekdays it is only till 9 am. So, we did not get any breakfast. When we told the lady in the front desk that we were told by one of her colleagues that it is till 11, she simply shrugged and said "OK". The only good thing about this hotel was the rooms were clean.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Swagata
"under construction"
we did not know that the hotel was under construction. I think we should have been told when we made the reservation. I like staying there, but if we knew what was going on I think we would have stayed somewhere else for this trip. there were no notifications about the construction and they didn't apologize or say anything even when we checked in. didn't like tat.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
tina
"Caution......."
My King size room was given away and I received a double queen instead. At 3 am, I was bitten by bed bug in one bed and found another in the bed I was not using. Immediately left. It took 3 days of calling and leaving messages for management to call me back.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014

Service at the reception was excellent. Service at the restaurant for breakfast was horrible. i had mentioned this to the hotel staff.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
NIKHIL

Confort et propreté à proximité du casino!
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015