All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5399 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

"Nice hotel near Meijers Garden"
Stayed for my daughter's volleyball tournament. Location was optimum for us since the facility was just down the street. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Had a few bonuses i.e. fresh cookies during check in, pool, free wifi and free breakfast. The breakfast was average to above average with a pretty good selection. Located near Meijers and food locations. Nice stay!
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Almost the best"
Our stay was excellent. Front desk service was one of the best I have had in a long time. Willing to go the extra mile to please. Room was very comfortable. Only problem was housekeeping didn't service our room. Didn't go on vacation to clean my own room. But front desk brought up fresh towels another things we need.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Room was not ready at check-in time. Room was not clean. Beds were a mess.
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"Outstanding service!"
wonderful!
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Rene
"Overpriced comfort for ghetto neighborhood"
Appreciated the complimentary evening meal as we were tired from the long day and didn't have to go out to eat. The pillows started out fluffy but as soon as my head hit the pillow they deflated. All during the night, someone honking their horn kept us from sleeping.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so sorry to hear that someone was honking their horn during the evening you were with us. This is not a common occurrence for our hotel as we are in a nice part of town.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Excellent service!"
Our team was staying at the hotel. The desk clerk let us reserve the breakfast room for our group's pizza dinner. She even brought us in a plate of complimentary chocolate chip cookies for our dessert and let us know the milk machine was still on. The next morning, the hotel opened up the breakfast 15 minutes early for us, so we could make it to our tournament on time. Great personal service!
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Angie
"Overall pretty nice hotel"
This was a pretty nice hotel overall and close to food and shopping, it was a little far from where I needed to go but stayed at this one as I had other family members staying here as well. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend to others looking for a hotel in this area.
2 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
"Skip the Breakfast"
Came into town for the Meijers State Games. Hotel was quieter than the Holiday Inn Express right next door. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Pool water was comfortable and the hot tub was great. Both of them are rather small, but if you're the only one in the room, they are perfect. My only major gripe about my trip was the complimentary breakfast. There was a great selection of food, but whatever I ate, I gave me a very upset stomach for two days. The rest of my trip went downhill from there. But if you skip the breakfast, this hotel is a good economical choice.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Devlin
"Overall good deal"
Everyone was really nice... We got in really late and they had no problem with us checking out a little late... Room was clean and bed was comfy... Breakfast wasn't the greatest and they were out of a lot of basics like regular pancake syrup and fresh fruit but it was edible. Overall good experience.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Courtney
"its OK"
they could use better fitting sheets, also much better breakfast choices another thing, why not put some hooks around room,near door to just hang coats?towels? other than that, would stay again,
5 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice Stay!!"
I enjoyed myself, however I do wish the people were a little bit more friendlier.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Great rooms. Great pool. Friendly staff. We will be back
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
marie
Room was comfortable and clean. Overall, an enjoyable stay. The breakfast room seemed small considering the size of the property. On a busy weekend it would be tough to find a place to sit.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Enjoyed the stay. Convenient location near Meijer's for shopping, as I had forgotten my pajamas. Room was well kept. Beds were very comfortable. Great breakfast set up in the morning. I will surely be staying there again next time I am in Grand Rapids.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice hotel in great location"
Very comfortable, clean. Amenities (breakfast, dinner) good. Great location, easy to get to downtown Grand Rapids.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Bad setup"
Hotel was out of towels, pool towels, refrigerator didn't work properly, the breakfast area is set up where guests are on top of each other trying to get food. Will not be staying there again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
I am Truly sorry about the issues . I am working with my team to fix the issues at this property. We look for to seeing you again soon.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Less than stellar"
My room was on the first floor and there was only a thin, single curtain on the window facing the parking lot. This was not great. Plus, my room was next to the swimming pool, which was filled with a gaggle of screaming teenage boys there for a hockey tournament. The exercise room's heat and TV were broken and it was 0 degrees outside. The screaming teenage boys blocked the lobby and the free breakfast dining room with their bags. It was not a great stay. Overpriced -- very.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize the team or any guests' caused any kind of disruption. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future and we thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with your feedback. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
3 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
"Thumbs up all around."
Holiday trip with the grand kids. They enjoyed the pool and the great breakfast. Was just what we were looking for. Had a great stay.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Dirty"
Very dirty! Visible debris on hallway carpets, as though they hadn't been vacuumed in a very long time. Carpets overall dirty and worn. Room questionable as to cleanliness. Location was good because it was near the airport and shopping, restaurants. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door, it's probably better. In fact, the parking was so limited at this property that I had to park at the Holiday Inn.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Wendy
"Holiday Football Event in West Michigan"
We booked this space so we could have a small family New Year's Day football event. We had enough room for all of us to relax and snack. Our room had two televisions...a king bed and a fold-out sofa bed. (divided by French Doors). We had a coffee-maker, microwave and a tall hotel fridge. The amenities, as listed by the hotel, included a complimentary week-night dinner as well as the usual breakfast. The location of the hotel was within a walking path of the "Meijer" store, easy driving to the airport, and easy access to main traffic arteries. Lots of restaurants and shopping just a short drive away.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
The 5 Sticks
"Great place to stay. Better than expected."
This was a very good choice. Clean rooms, friendly staff, good hot breakfast.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"stayed for one night; kid free night"
someone was doing maintenance, i think, in the room next to ours so from 2-4am we heard the door slam shut every 20 mintutes or so. yes, the doors slam shut unless you think about others and actually close them softly. you'd think they could fix this problem and have a hinge on the doors so they close with a gentle "click" instead of a "SLAM". other than our terrible night sleep, the staff was kind, the pool was really great and not too cold either. very swimmable. we had breakfast there and they had quite a variety. my only complaint is: fix the doors!
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"comfortable stay before an early flight"
close to the airport. friendly and helpful check in. computer and internet available. Breakfast well above average. bed and room comfortable. shower worked easily and well. lots of people enjoying the pool. a family enjoying the lounge area and fireplace. nice comfortable feel to the hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Constance
Overall...get what you pay for....was a leak in the shower from room on the floor above...didn't seem really concerned or apologetic
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"our stay at the country inn"
room was not very dark over night due to the curtains not coming into the middle of the window. with the street light right outside the window it made it a little more difficult to sleep. Desk was very helpful referring us to a great place for a steak dinner. Breakfast was comparable to most of the places we have stayed
1 night trip with friends Nov 30, 2014
A few signs of wear and tear but overall a nice hotel. Bed was comfy and the room was clean. Convenient for our purposes for the trip.
3 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
JESSICA
"Thanksgiving with my son"
We usually stay at the Staybridge but were unable to get a room there. We tried Country Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. The price was right and the location was good. We did not get a suite but we spent most of our time with my son in his apartment. The only negative was that the way to get to the hotel was not labeled well. You have to drive into a parking lot for the grocery store and take the small outer loop to get to the hotel. The room was small but all we needed for sleeping.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Trouble with heat"
Convient to everything! Room was clean & staff was friendly. The only issue was the temperature control , thermostat was set at 62 but room was too warm.
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Snow bound"
Overall stay was Good, The bed was to soft.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Carmella
"Just one night!"
Stayed there to be snow to catch an early morning flight out of Gerald R. Ford airport enroute to San Juan, Peurto Rico. It was nice, had nice amenities and the bed was comfortable(thats important).
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Good experience; would stay in the hotel again
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Zhibo
"Poor hotel choice"
I always stay in this cluster of hotels and have stayed at great Country Inn and Suites before, but this one, at least I hope, is under renovation. My door locked and shut, but there was a gap between the door and the wall. Also, my phone wasn't hooked up and the cord for the cable was just laying on the floor. I was not able to turn the air conditioner on to make it a little cooler in the room either. Additionally, the front desk advised us that since we booked through this site instead of through them directly, they would not provide us with a receipt. I will stay at one of the neighboring hotels when I go back to Grand Rapids.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. Our hotel is currently undergoing some remodeling but w appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Dustin
I was disappointed by the state of the room, felt very old and dingy. The bathroom was cleanish, however there was some long hairs in the bathroom left behind. Seems kind of gross.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the details of your experience. We sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered during your experience with us. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. It is unfortunate that we fell short in achieving this goal in regards to your experience. We regret that the condition of your room was disappointing, and we are working diligently on these areas in order to improve the satisfaction of our future guests. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as it enables us to determine our areas of improvement and devise solutions so we can improve our services and satisfy our guests.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"OK - not a spectacular experience"
Hot tub jets were not working and the pool had white particles from the ceiling floating in the pool - appears they had just redone the ceiling. After proving I had booked and paid for 2 rooms the attendant gave me the keys to both rooms - I should have been told when booking the consequences if the name on the second room was not there - it was an inconvenience. Finally unplugged the clock in the room because it buzzed all night. Hotel rooms never have enough plug outlets to accomodate several devices that need to be charged overnight.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"wonderful hotel with rough parking lot surface"
Our experience with this hotel was great. The clerk checking us in was nice, efficient, and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. The air did not cool the room as I would have preferred, but it was acceptable. My only complaint was that the parking lot and road around the hotel was in sad disrepair.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Clifton
"great place"
We came to Grand Rapids for a family wedding, and it happened to be during ArtPrize. The hotel staff were very helpful with directions and suggestions for viewing and parking. The only negative is that the entry to the hotel seems to be through the parking lot of Meijer's.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
michael
"Decent...."
Arrived late but had phoned early in the day to say we would be a very late checkin. Upon arrival, I was told I had a king bed only even though I had reserved 2 queens. With 3 people, I told him this would not work. So after about 10 minutes of computer clicking, he accommodated our original reservation. The hotel is still under renovation - painting stil being done in the hallways, etc. The door to the outside on the side of the building was missing the swipe lock system so it was not locked. Fortunately, the room was fine, no complaints there. I would stay here again and give them another try.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Hotel not quite done with renovations. Was offered a king bed even though I had booked 2 beds. Clerk had to scramble to accommodate to find a room with 2 beds. Once done, room was fine, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was decent. Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Nice hotel close to shopping."
Excellent experience. Meier Garden is spectacular, Gerald R Ford Museum is a must see. Will stay here again.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"Good clean hotel with accommodating staff"
We needed to stay in town while our well was being repaired. This hotel was very clean. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was fine. When we needed to stay an extra night because our well work was not completed, we went back to this hotel. The hotel is very quiet considering how close it is to the highway.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"convenient to highway"
This is the second time recently that I stayed here. This hotel is in need of a lot of TLC. It's run down. The rooms definitely need to be cleaned up, i.e. noisy A/C unit(old). bathroom fixtures pitting, wallpaper buckling. A paint job wouldn't hurt. For the money I wouldn't be quick to recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
Gary M.
"Great for a family vacation"
David at the front desk was the best. He was pleasant and helpful despite being pulled in multiple directions every time I saw him. The room was clean and the pool was tons of fun for everyone.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Jen
"business in GR"
Nice rooms
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
We love the Country Inns. There is lots right around this one. Had a burned out light bulb, no big deal, I laid it on the desk, hoping the maid for take the hint. She/He didn't. Had to get one from front desk. Kids LOVE the fresh cookies in the lobby. We like the breakfast. They are starting to serve a dinner too.....just need to make it a little more family friendly.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Christine
Hotel is a little run down despite the new facad. hot tub needs a good scrubbing as their was mold around the sides.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"always stay here"
We always stay here when we want to stay in Grand Rapids or Grand Haven. The only down side this time was I could not get internet to connect or even the choice. The first and second floor had water damage and they were fixing it, but we were on the third floor and it had no affect on us. Housekeeping started cleaning rooms at 9 in the morning. Luckily we were always out when they came to our room.
5 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Cathy
We stayed there for a couple nights just as a small family vacation. The staff was very friendly and polite. We were checked in in under a minute. The room had a few minor cleaning issues but nothing that was a deal breaker. Beds were comfortable, and the rooms were quiet. We barely heard anything except for a few kids running in the hall once or twice. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good and the pool was great for my kids. We would stay there again for sure!
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
The hotel is very clean and the breakfast sufficient - the popcorn and cookies make it extra nice.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Mary J
"Great stay for a budget hotel"
Hotel is being updated in some areas but lobby, breakfast area and our room all updated. Was nice for a budget hotel. We enjoyed our stay. Staff very friendly. Breakfast was above average for free breakfast! Even huge bowl of FRESH cut fruit, melons and pineapple as well as hard boiled and cooked eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels and sweet rolls, cereals and 3 kinds of coffee. When we checked in at 1:00 am there were cookies available for a little snack. We would stay at other Country Inns and Suites based on this visit.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Sue Charon
The hotel did not inform us that they were in the process of cleaning the carpets when we checked in. Our room had just been cleaned and the carpet was wet, the room was damp and smelled of cleaning solution. Not very pleasant.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room's carpet and cleaning solution. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014