All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
5399 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

"Buffalo trip"
The hotel provided everything we needed and more. Will stay again
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Second time at this location. Near family, will stay here again. Easy on and off Hwy.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Return trip from visiting Michigan"
Excellent experience would highly recommend again! Love the hot tub and pool great to relax before trip home!
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Overall good place"
Nothing but positives with the exception of one thing: no drapes thick enough to filter out the blaring light from the adjacent shopping center. My room remained lit up all night, and simply including some blackout curtains or some sort of shades other than the thin veil would have made this a great overall stay. No complaints about any other features.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
Stephen
"All I needed and conveniently located"
I wanted a place close to the airport and to my customer's site. There were several options but I chose Country Inn & Suites because I've used the, in the past and been quite satisfied. This stay was no different. Don't expect a lot of frills, just a good room at an affordable price. The room itself worked very well for me. I used it for sleeping, of course, but also for working. There is a desk with access to power and a good chair. The TV is easily visible from the bed, chair, and desk, and was HD resolution and of large size. The bed was comfy. The air conditioning was adequate. I like it cool (66 at night) and it could accommodate that even on days that reached 90 degrees. If I had a complaint it would be that I could not set the air conditioner to run the fan continuously. It only turned on when it was needed. Efficient, yes, but it could wake me at times when it came on. I used a noise maker to alleviate the issue, so bring one if you think this sound will bother you. I didn't have any unusual requests, but the staff was helpful at all times. There was a light breakfast served downstairs that was more than adequate for me. Coffee, juices, milk, fruit, waffles, cereal, breads, and some warm selections were all available. Free USA Today paper. I would recommend this hotel to others who want the level of accommodation described here.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Good Stay -- Smart phone directions wrong"
nice location, enjoyed hot tub, free breakfast would have been great but very crowed -- think teams stayed and were eating, staff nice, Rooms nice but seemed not as deep as others. It worked and was very centrally located.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
PSJ
The Hot Tub was absolutely Gross we said something the first day and nothing had changed to the second day so we didn't use it and more than likely not stay again
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Nice hotel close to expressway."
This was a decent hotel, room was very comfortable and clean. Great location, easy to get to.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"my go to hotel in GRR"
I stay here often and that should say it all. convenient, safe, clean and quiet! I am in GRR every other month so what does that say.
1 night business trip May 1, 2014
Gary S
"A Good Value"
Hotel was convenient to the ice rink and surrounded by good restaurants. Property was clean and well maintained and the staff was friendly. My only two complaints are, 1) the television reception horrid and did not have NBCSport channel to watch NHL games. And, 2) the wifi was worthless in the room. Spotty at best and very slow when you could access it.
4 night trip Apr 30, 2014
Reggie
"Family Weekend - Graduation"
The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Conveniently located. Our group loved the popcorn and cookies available in the lobby.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Motel room at hotel prices."
If you book this hotel, make sure to book the actual Suit. The double queen rooms are motel style, two large beds large TV stand and small table with a single chair. The TV is one of the smallest units, heating/cooling unit seem to have a mind of it's own. And the cherry on top of all that is that it's located basically in the Meijer's parking lot just off the highway. BUT lobby is absolutely beautiful, breakfast is decent, they have welcome cookies, and swimming area is good. There is a nice out door patio. So basically everything other than the room is very good.
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
"Great breakfast"
Best hot breakfast I've eaten at a hotel (even had real plates!) The hot tub could use a cleaning. We enjoyed our stay and will go again. It is well set up for families and the staff was very sweet and accomodating.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Perfect family place!"
When we first walked in and they had cookies to welcome us... we thought we found a slice of heaven! The staff was nice. The rooms were super clean and comfortable. The pool was great! Breakfast was tasty... the coffee was great!! The ONLY two complaints I have: our room faced Meijer and there was only a sheer curtain and a 3/4 curtain that didn't close all the way. The breakfast room was crowded- at least everyone was having a great time and eating breakfast so we took ours back to our room to eat. Not a big deal. We are putting this one on our "must return" to list.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2014
A. Moose
"Close to colleges"
We stay at this hotel when we come to see our student at a local college. This is a great hotel for the money. Great breakfast and great staff. We really like coming to this one.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Perenial favorite of mine
3 night business trip Mar 18, 2014
Gary S
"not what I expected"
I've stayed as many of the Country Inn locations in the mid-west and usually am very satisfied with the value. In this case I did not get what I expected. The room was not clean, the machines in the fitness room were in poor condition and the staff was unavailable at check out with the exception of a barking dog locked in the back office. I also paid considerably more than I typically pay for a Country Inn stay so I expected more. I'll be looking for alternatives.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
We are so sorry to hear about your experience during your last stay! We will absolutely document your comments for the management to review, and we genuinely hope that your next stay with us is much better!
2 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"Horrible"
We didn't have a remote for our tv. There were cracks in the tiles in the bathroom, service was poor.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Chelsea
"Great place to stay!"
This is my third time staying at this particular hotel, each time has been a great experience. Hotel rooms are very clean and well stocked with utilities, lobby is a nice and warm welcoming site. Staff have always been friendly and helpful, and they always have a coffee bar throughout the day as well as snacks to take on your way in and out from activities. The pool was nice as well with a pretty hot whirlpool. The only thing they could improve is some of the conditions and maintenance of the hotel overall, but this is understandable since they are currently in the process of renovating. Location of the hotel is great too, there is a 24 hour Miejer that is literally across the street, with a gas station, along with some restaurants nearby. The hotel is located kind of in a back area, not off the main road, but the high way is behind it (although that sounds like it would be bad, I never noticed loud highway noises or sounds even with my room facing it). Overall very pleased with this hotel, and definitely will be back!! Always my choice to stay at when I'm in Grand Rapids!
4 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Alex
Our stay was great staff was friendly the only problem I had was finding the place!! They should state on the website the hotel is behind Meijers on 28th street that would have been very helpful in locating the hotel. Clean warm pool nice breakfast. I would stay again
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Julia S.
"County Sheriff needed to keep the peace"
We were next door to a room full of women who were shrieking and slamming their door. We have no idea what they were doing, but it was still going on at midnight, so we talked with the desk clerk, who evicted them at 12:30 AM. But the noise went on! When I got up at 2:30 AM to see what was happening, two county sheriffs were at two other rooms evicting more guests. It turned out the two other groups of guests were disrupting things at the other end of the hall. Clearly, wild guests are not the fault of the hotel personnel, but if you want a quiet night, this may not be the hotel for you.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Gamal Hassan
"Affordable and comfortable"
Check in was quick Staff were friendly and attentive Nice complimentary breakfast Great cookies and coffee
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"Close to our event"
Stay was great. the only downside was the toilet in the bathroom was loose and wobbled.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2014
Hotel is not comfortable, pretty noisy, breakfast is not good.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
Ken
Pool was dirty and spa was bubbling dirt in its foam. Breakfast was horrible.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and will be used to consider improvements in the future.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Peggy
"Easy on and off"
The hotel staff was great and the stay was great. The room could have used a few extra outlets for this technology driven world today but overall it was an excellent stay.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Kristine
"I would stay here again."
Very nice. I appreciated the gluten-free options for the continental breakfast. The pool and hot tub, being open late, was easy for us to enjoy. Easy access to the freeway.
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
D D
"Very comfy and spacious room"
We liked the fact that our king suite had double doors between the bed area and the living room/sofa/kitchenette area. This eliminated any hallway noise during the night. There were also two decent TV's to watch in each area. There is 24 hr coffee and hot chocolate and the breakfast was more than adequate. This is not a deluxe hotel by any means and our room showed signs of age, however for the price we were very pleased and I see in their advertising that they are doing some upgrading..
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
Great location and clean rooms. Only issue was that the pipes to the sink and toilet were frozen due to the cold weather. We had to use the ice bucket to fill the toilet tank so that it would flush. Water in shower worked fine. Just a little inconvenient.
2 night trip Jan 1, 2014
"clean - great price"
A bit hard to get to off the interstate, but worth getting to. Clean and affordable.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Charlie
"Nice room but..."
Seemingly, the hotel made no effort to clear snow and ice from the driveway and walkways. The staff seemed indifferent, at best, and the included breakfast, while having good variety, was of dreary quality. The breakfast room was too small to handle the number of guests wanting tables. The satellite tv service in the guest room was partly operational, with most channels not available. I'm not sure how long the problem existed prior to my stay, but there seemed to be no sense of urgency to get the problem fixed. The staff with whom I spoke seemed not to care. I wound up watching sporting events via the internet. The hotel internet service was very good and also included in the room rate. The guest room was spacious and well furnished. The room was clean and quite comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and the included amenities were fine. The showerhead restricted water flow, which was unfortunate. The water pressure was adequate. In the exercise room, there are two treadmills. One did not work. The other needs maintenance.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"OK hotel, just not what we were expecting"
Pets are welcome to stay at this hotel. We didn't realize this until we where unpacking our car. My husband is allergic to pet dander and we where woken up by a barking dog early in the morning. The faucet in the bathtub dripped continually. We found a hairy Cheeto next to the bed. We tried swimming in the pool but it was to crowded. It is an ok hotel, just not what we were expecting.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"slippery and sleepless"
Horrible. Our room was next to the "mechanical room", at exact 1 minute intervals, for a period of 10 seconds, a loud and obnoxious sound came through the wall, similar to a jackhammer. The desk clerk advised that they are aware, understand it to be unpleasant, but it was necessary for the delivery of hot water to guest rooms. This room should not be rented until the soundproofing is enhanced or the equiptment replaced with something more quiet. Couldn't watch television, listen to music, or sleep! The sidewalks were not shoveled and we were forced to cross a snowbank of 2+ feet to access the back parking area. The exit door was difficult to open; another guest showed us how to hit the lever with your fist (with good amount of force) to get the door to open; I am certain the fire marshall would disapprove. Went to close closet door, handle came off in my hand. Night stand only on one side of bed? Closet height only 1/2 and space below the clothes hanging low bar taken up by a safe.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2013
The hotel needs updating and when there is snow the plow service is very poor.
5 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Best Grand Rapids Hotel!!"
I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago very briefly. Got in late and had to leave early the next morning. Even though my stay was quite brief, the hotel staff made an impression on me - in a good way. So when I needed to stay in a hotel while visiting family, I made sure to book into this hotel. I was NOT disappointed! The fabulous free breakfast, being able to do my own laundry, Meijers right across the way are just a few reasons why I enjoyed my stay so much. Definitely booking here again when I need to stay in a hotel in GR.
2 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Maria
We loved our stay. Used the airport shuttle and the return trip to hotel at 11:30-12am took awhile. After 3 phone calls we were picked up by an alternate shuttle. Otherwise, our stay was great!
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Kim Phillips
"Could have been much better"
We rented 2 rooms, one for us and 1 for my elderly mother for 2 nights. We were disappointed to find no covered driveway in front of the entrance and no easy way to get her in from the car on a very snowy weekend. The tile walk in front of the main entrance was wet and icy and the sidewalk to the driveway not kept well shoveled; some desk attendants were sympathetic but did not try to help. The dining area was inadequate for the number of guests and it was crowded Saturday morning .The coffee in the rooms was very unpalatable (and we're no coffee snobs}, and the maids cleaning our rooms left cold coffee in the pot when they cleaned. On both days, the coffee makers were unplugged in both rooms. I crawled under the desk to remedy ours but of course my mother was not able to do so. All in all, it was a disappointing stay. However, as we prepared to leave, the young lady at the desk on Sunday morning shoveled the walk all the way to our car in the only handicapped parking place accessible to the sidewalk. That was most appreciated.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
2 night family trip Dec 13, 2013
CW
"Hotel was OK, but dated."
Clock radio didn't work. Rooms need to be updated. Breakfast was OK. Room was relatively clean, but service was nothing special and not overly friendly.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Great hotel would stay again if in area...
2 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
"Great hot breakfast!"
Happy to see hot eggs, sausage and potatoes before leaving on a cold morning! Room was warm, clean and comfortable! Recommend to all!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Dan VP
"Simple, charming, conveneint"
Country Inn had a great staff and all the amenities a value conscious business travelor needs. This will become my go to hotel near GRR airport.
4 night business trip Dec 1, 2013
Great hotel, great staff, they went all out to please. very close to highway and Grand Rapids Very cheerful atmosphere - decorated for the holiday.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Warm Pool!"
The motel was a great value. Its warm pool is what really stood out to my family. We have been to so many with uncomfortably cool pools and pool rooms.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Nice clean hotel"
We've stayed here two times now. Both visits were great. Hotel is close to airport, downtown Grand Rapids, attractions and shopping. Rooms are clean comfortable and reasonable prices. We love the pool hot tub, free snacks at nite, and free breakfast. Great value for families.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
Marguerite
"Conveniently located!"
Our family of 4 stayed for 3 nights. The location was perfect -- off the I96, on the 28th St. The only problem was heater! We had a hard time with adjusting the room temperature, though we as former Michigan residents understand a common challenge at hotels and apartments during the cold winter. The facility was excellent.
3 night trip Nov 26, 2013
"right off the highway"
easy in and out. close enough to the relatives
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
"Thanksgiving in Grand Rapids, MI"
We were very happy with the hotel and its staff during our stay from November 26, 2013 through November 30, 2013.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Ok but definitely not great"
The bathroom was dirty when we checked in. Our keycards didn't work after using them once. There was snowfall overnight and the following morning the parking lot was an ice rink and I had slipped because nothing had been salted. I had to tell the staff it needed to be salted. Overall pretty disappointed with our stay.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, MI
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Great stay at a good price"
We stayed two nights for a college event our daughter was in. Overall it was a great stay. I did not like the pillows, but the bed was very comfy and the hotel was very clean. We would definitely consider this hotel if we need to stay again.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Family gathering for a wedding..we had 5 suites."
We had a great time here. All the staff were professional, friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this Country Inn and Suites. A very nice breakfast with hot and cold foods. A very nice pool room and hot tub.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013