All hotels in Bayside, New York, United States of America
215-34 Northern Blvd, Bayside, NY, 11361, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
It was awesome ! Convenient , we took the long island rail road to new york city everyday , we saved time and money.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
chafik
"Rip off"
Book a studio king size room smoking and when I got there they did not have the room I purchased so I got a standard room with a double bed. Charged the same amount that I paid for the Studio King size room (will be contacting bank). Rooms and hotel is horrible. Not clean at all, even the doors to the rooms as you walk down the hallway feel like you are about to go into a jail cell. Way overpriced and not worth the stay. Never again.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Beds and pillows were totally comfy - we slept Great! Bathrooms fresh and clean! Free Breakfast was completely adequate; staff and others we met were all quite pleasant and helpful. Parking was easy as well. Excellent value.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Nice hotel outside of the tourist trap!"
This was a decent hotel with a decent rate. Not the most modern, but comfortable. Continental breakfast was good as long as you got there early. The staff was friendly and helpful. Very close to the LIRR and some great restaurants. Overall, a good place to stay. We stayed four nights and will definitely stay here again. Thank you!!!
4 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Angela
The bed and the room was clean, but i advise people to bring candles and room freshner. Which we all had to buy. There was a musty smell. The breakfadt gets a thumbs down unless you care for just ceral.the bagels were old and all cut in half.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Norma
"Great Queens Location"
Good location,near variety of restaurants and night life.Can walk to trains,freeways a short ride.Gas station one block.
7 night trip May 17, 2015
Edward
"Near destination"
The hotel was close to our destination. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the room, the free parking and free continental breakfast. The only negative was the odor of smoke in the hallways. All in all, a good hotel.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
Audrey
"Not worth the money"
For the money paid this place values itself way to high. Bed was as hard as a rock and rooms were outdated. Would not recommend staying here.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"In a pinch it is fine."
A little musty in one hallway. Clean but old looking.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Professor
"Great Stay !!!"
Great Hotel, Great Stay
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks so much for your comments
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
Jon
"Nice Hotel for Quick Stay"
In town for a family event so just needed a quiet and convenient place for the night. Room was pleasant. Bathroom a little small but clean.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for your feedback. Come again and visit soon.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Carolyn
"Ok accept for the bathtub drain was clogged"
For the type of room I thi it was a little be too expensive!
Other trip May 8, 2015
jose
"Nice Room"
Everything as we have come to expect. Very nice clean, quiet room and the people are extremely nice and helpful.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks so much. We love to hear nice feedback.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Dianne
"A Good hotel"
It was everything we needed. The people were nice and the beds were comfortable. The room was up to date. I would stay again.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks. So happy to hear it
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Tiesha
"Ok stay"
Staff is great. Room clean. Parking in back decent but I parked on local street, so plenty around. Breakfast make your own waffles, cool to do! cereal, bagel, coffee. Basic. You hear the slamming doors of rooms next to you and sounds in hallway as door had spaceon bottom. If light sleeper not so great but served its purpose.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you for the constructive criticism.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Avoid if possible!"
Nothing at all except convenience to appointment, good about this facility!
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Just a getaway from our homes not too far away. We booked the suite with a jetted bathtub and there was also a steamroom in there which was pretty great. Heat lamp also in bathroom was perfect. Pillows and bed super comfy, however I think bed frame may be a bit big for the size of the room, i caught myself hitting the pointy edges of the bed on my legs, that was not fun-- especially when trying to bend down for our in room fridge. Aside from that everything was great. Help at the front desk was very nice and patient with us. Brought us up a stopper for the bathtub when we couldn't find it.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks very much for staying with us and taking the time to review us online.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Kiera
"Convenient"
Clean place. Neighborhood's typical NYC but not too bad.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"rude . worst front desk. never again"
worst front desk ever, expect a call at 1045 am to ask you if your checking out, I know this cause ive stayed there many times so I took phone off hook as I usually leave room by 1120 am. At 11am on the nose knocking on my door maid says front desk needs me to call them cause my phone is off hook. I said ok and was getting into shower when manager was banging on door at 1104 am yelling that my phone is off the hook. I said yes cause every time you call people between 1030 and 11 to ask annoying question. He then said nothing realizing I was regular customer but he then says loudly put the phone on the hook. ill never stay there again. Ive never in 1000 hotel stays seen front dest harass customers before 11 am. as usual I was out of room by 1118 am vowing never again.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"unsatisfied"
I reserved a non-smoking room and got a smoking room
Response by Anchor Inn
Hi, So sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request. We are able to accommodate 99% of the time. Were you here on Valentines Day? If so, we were extremely busy and apologize for any discomfort.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Claude
I had to stay here for 5 nights while finding a new apartment. You get what you pay for and $120 night in ny for what you get here is not bad at all. Its no hilton but you get your moneys worth. Staff is super friendly and helpful. The immediate area is really decent and convenient everything you need is almost in walking distance.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you very much for your review.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Tyler
"Convenient Bargin"
Conveniently located, small, slightly stale smell to rooms but easily fixed by running AC. Comfortable beds
Thanks for reviewing us.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Jack E
"Just great"
Great service great location
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your taking the time to review us.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Faik
"Reasonable economy hotel."
They charged $12 extra for a cot. Otherwise, it was a pleasant economy hotel.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Dr. Bob
"good hotel if you like long island"
it is good hotel but it is far from Manhattan but still good if you like long island
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Nice, clean, quiet studio room"
Nice, clean studio with kitchenette. We were two adults and three kids and managed well in the room.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great location, but strong cigarette odor."
The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's within a walking distance to Bell & Northern Blvd in Bayside, NY. There are plenty of restaurants and shops near this intersection. There's also a LIRR station nearby that can take you into Penn Station in about 25 minutes (this is absolutely the fastest way to get into Manhattan). The room is simply clean and decent. The furnitures and beds are bit outdated and showing signs of deterioration, but are fully functional. There's also a free parking garage under/behind the building. The ONLY thing that I didn't like was the strong cigarette smell in the hallway. The smell is less noticeable in the non-smoking room, but it can be bothersome for certain people who are sensitive to cigarette smokes.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Henry
"Stinky hotel, the whole building smells cigarette"
Noisy, stinky, uncomfortable, and small place. Need to be only for smoker people. Not recomended for children.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Eileen
"Long Island Getaway"
The hotel was very cozy - we really enjoyed the breakfast and the fact that we could just get up and not have to go out to a restaurant.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Frances
"Basic but does the job."
If 1-2 adults need to stay for a day or two - the place is good.
"nice hotel"
Great hotel for the price. Clean spaceous rooms with good customer service
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
danielle
"Visit to New York"
We reserved a room on our way to the hotel. We were just looking for a nice, reasonably priced room for the night. Upon check in they couldn't use our Expedia reservation as their fax machine was down. This meant charging a night on our card and getting reimbursed the next business day. I cannot fault them, but it was a little inconvenient. While checking in, a young woman was complaining about a urine smell in their room. We didn't have any problem with the room. However a cleaning rag was left in the bathroom sink. The room was 79 degrees and we couldn't cool in down but by turning on the a/c. Shouldn't have to the third week of October. Although advertised, there was NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. We went down the street to a diner. I would go again but might be inclined to look elsewhere first. This is in NY and there are options.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"OMG This place was 100% the pits"
The room was completely disgusting. TV didn't work. Outside road construction noise. Toilet dirty. You wouldn't want to walk on the carpet with your socks off for sure. Stayed one night and refused to stay for the second night that was paid for. They would not refund the second night either.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Ken Reid
"guest"
The front desk staff and housekeeping people were efficient..cheerful..kind and helpful. The rooms are adequate for a business travel. To raise the quality rating.... the rooms need upgrades in furniture (falling apart) and replacement of carpeting. Housekeeping must be provided with tools to be able to clean in corners.
12 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
judith
"Smell of smoke a problem? This place not for you."
The hotel is fare. We required a non-smoking room and our room was good in that regard but only because a door separated the "wing" we were in from the rest of the hotel. Some non-smoking rooms are in the other wing. That area, and the hotel itself, smelled of smoke from the moment you walked into the lobby. The carpeting in the rooms could use a really good shampooing. The bathrooms are very clean, a plus. The service staff is wonderful, very accommodating. The breakfast is quite limited. Don't have the "scrambled" eggs. They're not scrambled and no matter how hard they try, they are not even warm. The waffles that you make yourself, are good. The rest is standard fare. It's an okay hotel, you get what you pay for.
3 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"Awsome Experience"
Very Friendly environment, everything was clean, felt like home....would definitely come back...
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Sully
Room very cold night time, heater not working, and the biggest issus no crib for my baby
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Can't find back my lost"
People there are nice. Breakfast is so so. Location is good. But, I left a plastic bag with three shoes in the room when I hurriedly checked out at 11.when I called at night to see if they were in lost and found. Nothing! So sad.
6 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Not bad for the price."
We were really disappointed with the continental breakfast. The waffle maker was broken. My husband and I walked across the street to Starbucks. The room was neat and surface clean if you donot look too closely. We really appreciated the onsite parking. All in all it is not bad for the price.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
The Fitzhughs
"Good place for a short stay"
In town with wife & kids for a wedding with a free day to explore NYC. Walked from hotel to Bayside station (LIRR) and took train into Manhattan and spent day walking around Times Square and saw a show before taking train back. Rooms were clean and served their purpose, though bathrooms are a bit small.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Ralph
"Good value for the money"
The Anchor Inn staff was pleasant, helpful, and knowledgeable which made for a welcoming experience. I made these reservations from overseas and the assistance both long distance and in person is worthy of a 5-star. The building is aged and small, but well kept. An unavoidable maintenance issue arose with the sink - a gasket aged out - and Anchor Inn managed it quickly and professionally without excuses that so many attempt rather than simply addressing the issue. Overall, I would return based on location, service, and dependable cleanliness.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you for your honest and candid review. We do our best to make everyone's stay with us pleasant. Please visit again soon.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Nora
"Room too small"
Room with double beds too small. Carpet was dirty. Bathrooms nicely remodeled. Breakfast was not good. Had to spit out eggs tasted like rubber. If you're trying to visit tourist attractions in manhattan it will take at least an hour by car. Too much traffic. It's best to stay in Manhattan.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
I will never book again this hotel. We thought that for that price , at least it would be a clean hotel. Very dissapointed when got into the room. Carpet dirty and white dust all over sides and around furnitures. Bed skirt was torn and cought under the bed. We felt uncomfortable to get to bed, slept with clothes on ....
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Find somewhere else"
Night manager was extremely rude, tried to put me in the middle of an argument between him and housekeeping. Room tiny, not space for a roll away. They shouldn't even bother with the continental breakfast; better off eating at a gas station. I would sleep in my car before staying here again. Maid was kind and helpful.
Response by Anchor Inn
We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. We welcome your constructive criticism and would like to hear more specific details about your visit. Please contact us via email. Thanks.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
no more NY
"Adequate and clean"
The people at the front desk were nice and accommodating. The gym could use sprucing up. The bathrooms were renovated, nice and clean but a little cramped. Daniel mailed clothes that we left in the room. He was very nice and considerate.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Linh
"Ending roadtrip"
After Three weeks roadtrip in USA we finally got the last two days in New York waiting for the airplane to Europé. This Place was located near by busstop. But it takes one hour Before reaching New York City, with both bus, train and subway. Breakfast was okey, it could be better with the service there. Because the bread was always finished.... Otherwise the staff was really nice and helpful with Everything that we asked for.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Malin
"Not fancy but very nice"
Staff looked a bit scruffy, but was very nice. Room was clean and spacious with nice new finishings. The bathroom was very nice, with granite countertops and nice shower. The only complaint was the bed was a bit hard.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
JoJo
"Near to the Subway"
When we first walked into the lobby, the reception was nice and answered all our questions. When we first walked into the room, it was nothing like we thought it would look like based on the pictures we saw on the internet. It smelled very bad and it was very tiny. Once we moved everything in, we went back down to the lobby and told the reception that we want another room and that we are not happy with our room he said that we had to wait to talk to his boss in the morning. There were also other guests that had the same problem with their hotel room and asked for another. By the next day, we decided to stay in the hotel because we were going to just sleep there and be out the whole day. The smell went away, but not completely. Another bad thing about the hotel room was that we could hear everything from the other rooms. With my two children, it was very inappropriate and there was nothing we could do about it.Staff were nice and friendly and breakfast was very good.
7 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Mona
"No Complaints"
I needed to stay a night in Flushing after my cousin's wedding. Staff was friendly, room was nice, functional and clean. Location is close to Bell Blvd and walkable to 35th Ave. Overall Very Good.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"met my general needs for family visit"
In general, the hotel provides a basic functionality. It isn't anything special. It isn't particularly special in any way. The best part was plenty of easy on-site parking. Starbucks across the street and White Castle two blocks away didn't hurt either. Basic continental breakfast was fine.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014