All hotels in Bayside, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here215-34 Northern Blvd, Bayside, NY, 11361, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Comfortable bed"
The room was small but adequate and also clean.The bed was very comfortable and I liked that you could open the window.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We hope that you stayed in one of our deluxe rooms with the luxury bedding as the bedding in most of our standard rooms is about to be changed.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"King delux"
Loved the oversiZed tub and the sliding door into the room. It was a little tight but its perfect for a simple night escape
Response by Anchor Inn
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Ybba
"Ok deal for price"
The bed was so hard! The room was dirty and uncomfortable however it was much cheaper then other hotels close by. I would not stay here for pleasure but it worked ok for a business trip.
Response by Anchor Inn
We are sorry to hear that your bedding was uncomfortable and that the room was not properly cleaned. The good news is that we are taking in a delivery of new mattresses next week and we will talk with the housekeeping department about putting in a better effort in cleaning our guest rooms. Thanks for the feedback.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
The place is a bit old and cramped. They need a new vacuum.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for the feedback. We have some new vacuums :-)
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
LM
"Great place for the money"
Clean room, close to stores, good eateries nearby.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you for your kind words.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Pleasant stay."
Warm, comfortable room. Staff was very freindly, and helpful.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Decent neighborhood"
Easy walking distance to restaurants and store. Short bus ride to mall and movie theater. Room looks nice but was not clean. Had to ask for room to be vacuumed again and vacuum doesn't fit into the edges of the room or under bed so you can see lots of dust and dirt which is not favorable. Bed mattress is very hard so that is something to take into consideration. I stayed in two different rooms at this hotel and both rooms had the same issues.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
USMMA MOM
"Just good for stay"
Some rooms are too cold night time staff is too mean and not kind
Response by Anchor Inn
We are sorry to hear that you felt the rooms were too cold at night. Many rooms have extra heat sources in them (in addition to the central heating system). We are always more than happy to accommodate requests for rooms with supplemental heat in them.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"None"
This Hotel is clean, Comfortable and staff is nice and helpful. For me the cleanliness is the most important and this Hotel is clean.Room and bathroom were clean. Breakfast hours are convinience and good choices. Friendly staff. Overall good. I will stay again in this Hotel.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2014
Hedic Rico
"Valentine's Day"
Bed was comfortable, pillows were a little flat but room was nice sized, bathroom was a little oddly positioned because the toilet was right behind the door. I overall liked my night stay and would definitely stay again.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you and we look forward to having you with us again.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
we had a great time
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Hotel located in Bayside/Flushing NY outside NYC"
In NY to visit my son and family in NY and had a short Saturday night stay. Have stayed in another hotel very close by and was not too pleased with the experience. Tried the Anchor Inn because it has a AAA rating. Anchor Inn room was more roomy and the staff very pleasant. They offer a free breakfast, but we did not try it because we were pressed for time. There is also free parking which is a plus because our car was not out on the busy street all night.
Response by Anchor Inn
Great to hear. Thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Dianne
It is a nice hotel in a very convenient area. The room was comfortable but a little hot and I could find no way to control the heat which was a baseboard with not visible controls. also the breakfast was rather spartan.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
"supposingly renovated in 2012. maybe the lobby but"
The elevator was a dead giveaway about renovation being done in 2012. Room which was a standard king appeared unvaccumed and bathroom marble and tub appeared not clean. Not much care seems to be taken in having pride in its appearance. For 124.00 rate a night, and JTS non descript location, it reminded me of a by the hour rental motel room. Plus they didn't even empty coffee filter from coffee pot. ..ewwws
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"Horrible!!"
The room was cramped and very small, not like the pci at all.The older gentleman at the front desk was not friendly at all, did not make you feel welcomed.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Dolly
I like the Anchor inn for its value and its location. Its priced right and is easy to get around the area. Walking distance to all shops, restaraunts and the train into to Manhattan. I stay there everytime I'm in Queens.
2 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2013
Very good area and surroundings better than I left 18yrs ago
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
ANDY B
"honeymoon"
It was a great experience i would encourage people to stay here
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2013
deryck
"Nice tub"
Whirlpool is nice.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
The hallways smelled so bad of smoke, the room was dusty. When I got in my room the window was wide open in 30 degree weather. I asume to air it out. The bed linen was clean, but the pictures on the website must be older. There is a lot of wear and tear on the room and bathroom. The walls are super thin and I got the hear everything going on in the rooms next to me ! Was not able to sleep at all from normal noises. The bed and pillows were awfull too.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Near to whete we visited in Queens and Nassau"
A nice surprise. If you are traveling by car and do not mind a slightly smaller room and bath this is a great bargain. On site free parking, a nice free breakfast with cereals, toaster waffles, rolls, bagels and scrambled eggs. Breakfast room under remodeling. Very quiet and really really clean. Nice staff. Had wifi, large tv. We were very pleased.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Eileeb
In general, this hotel served our purpose of providing a roof over our heads for the night. We did not spend any time in the room, other than to sleep. The room itself was nothing to write home about, but then again, it had no real detractors either. The hotel staff was friendly from the time we walked in and the desk clerk remembered and called me by name. If you're looking for frills and the "spolil me" treatment, go somewhere else. If you need a basic room, this fits the bill.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
It felt like I was staying at a sleazy motel! They need to renovate A LOT!!!!
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Reesie
"experiance"
We have good experiance, the service was good and clean we feel very good thank you very much.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Nestor.
"nightmare"
A dirty disgusting place. Nightmare
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
"A Place to Sleep"
Good points: This was one of the only hotels that allowed us to book online for 2 adults with 3 small kids. Other hotels claimed that was over capacity. The front desk staff actually saw me in the morning and called me by my name which really impressed me. Bad points: While we were warned the breakfast room was under construction, the food was terrible. No one was there to replenish the food, and I had to go into the refrigerator and get out the egg packages to put into the heater, and frozen muffins. There were no plates and had to put our bread on coffee tops. Breakfast was really disappointing. The hotel hallways were very smelly and no microwaves in the rooms. The lights were compact florescents and made noises when turned on.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Worst"
This was my bad experienced at this hotel .I booked this hotel in online & when I entered in this room feels like I am in prison that's ridiculous ! Prices are high and rooms are not so comforts it's so small & dark . This hotel ruin my vacation in newyork never ever visit this place M totally disappointed
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
Wish
Hotel room was filthy it smelled like cigarettes even being a non smoking room. Booked it for 2 nights and left after the first night. Would never go back there
2 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
Ossie
"Smells!!!"
Horror house!! Pictures are deceiving! Don't stay here! It's only worth $50 max!!
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
DJ
Well the house keeping dept was not good they never came to the room at all
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"nice hotel, excellent location, friendly staff"
We enjoyed our overnight stay at this hotel. Loved the continental breakfast, with the little muffins, cereals, and waffles. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Gerald, who checked us out of the hotel. He brightened our day. The location was excellent, a relatively short walk from the LIRR Bayside stop. There was a Starbucks right across the street and a cupcake place nearby. The little refrigerator in the room was a godsend. The room décor was attractive, with pictures of lighthouses mounted, and there was an outside area for breakfast that resembled a beach deck. The only problem we had was a smell of residual smoke in the breakfast room, the hallway and the elevator. Hopefully they'll fix this up soon, as we're allergic to smoke and residual smoke.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
EmPris
Will never stay there again. Run down place, bed was like sleeping on rock.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
Hotel was a good choice for the price and location. It was convenient to everything but the breakfast was pretty awful.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
It was a pleasant stay but hotel can make some improvements on the complimentary breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Albert
"Totally dated."
The website pictures of the rooms are nothing in comparison to what you see. The hotel is very dated. Needs a new face lift. The "Hot Breakfast" is not what you are thinking. The rooms smell like a nursing home (no offens to the elderlies). The carpets are a mess. I was afraid to let my kids walk barefooted on them. I would not recommend this place to anyone. However, aside from the appearance, the staff were very helpful and pleasant.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"subpar hotel but close to the Academy"
Hotel was overpriced considering the conditions we stayed in. Loud, old air conditioning unit kept us up at night, not vacuumed upon arrival or during stay and dusty. Hallways had a very unpleasant odor. We will pay slightly more to stay at the Adria or comparable hotel next visit.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
The room was clean and comfortable. The stairwell and landing at the parking garage were filthy. The continental breakfast was not good.
4 night trip Sep 5, 2013
"Make careful plans"
We have stayed in this hotel several times in years past so it was very disappointing to see that every single day they ran out of breakfast coffee, milk, and other things with over an hour remaining in the window for breakfast. It is difficult to get them to address those issues if you tell them about the shortage. After the second day, we just went out for breakfast.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
"GREAT FOR THE US OPEN"
Parked my car for the four days I was at the open. Rode LIRR back and forth to Open. 6 minute walk to the station, 10 minute train ride, 2 minute walk to BJK.
4 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"impressed"
now that the hotel has been renovated I was impressed that the rooms were clean no smoke in hallways and everything worked I will be back
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
traveler
There was constuction in part of the hotel. Not sure if smoke smell was from rooms where smoking is allowed or from workers. It's a tired building. but maybe it will be nice when the work is done. Lobby is nice, WiFi was fine (and free), and it was otherwise OK. For the price, I was expecting more. A lower priced hotel in Long Island City was much nicer. Not sure why the orange juice at the breakfast buffet was not orange.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for your review. Our common area construction is just about done. Thank you all for your patience, the final product is beautiful, fresh and modern. Please see the new pictures as they get posted online.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Totally Misleading"
We were excited about our upcoming stay at the newly renovated Anchor Inn completed in 2012! However, renovations (if that is what you call them) are on going. The place is just plain dirty. We got to our room and it was not even cleaned. Trash still in the containers... not vacuumed and the bathroom - horrible. No soap or toilet paper with black hairs on the toilet and vanity. The free breakfast was next to non-existent and the room was gross - we couldn't even eat there. Parking was horrible. Just a bad overall experience. We do not recommend it.
Response by Anchor Inn
WE are very sorry that you felt misled. Our common areas are just about completed with their renovations (new walls and higher ceilings, wallpaper, lighting, carpets, mouldings and the works). The bathrooms in all of our standard and studio apartments rooms were renovated between 2011-2012. The guest room decor and lighting has also been updated this year.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
Jake
"Perfect"
The hotel stay was perfect for what I needed.
Response by Anchor Inn
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, please come back to visit again soon.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Babs
"Below average"
The beds are hard, woke up with pimples the next day after sleeping. The rooms are also small.
Response by Anchor Inn
We are in the process of replacing our worn mattresses, although we are not sure how you can develop pimples from a mattress that is a little harder than you are used to. If you can contact the hotel to advise which room you stayed in we will certainly put that mattress on high priority for replacement.
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2013
"Good location but........."
Our room was small and in a hall that was under renovation. When we entered the room it was over 80 degrees and the AC had been left off. The small fridge had graffiti scratched on the door and was also turned off. It had a sour odor that never did go away. The door knob to the tiny closet came off in our hand when we opened it. NONE of this was attended to by the hotel staff after we spoke with the front desk. The Continental Breakfast which was to run until 10 am had very little food out at 9 am when my family wanted to eat. The attendant begrudgingly put out a little more food when asked. The scrambled eggs were a mass of COLD, yellow, gelatin-like yuck that was so bad we decided to eat out and pay for breakfast the next morning.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
"Would not recommend"
We have stayed here before over the past few years and been satisfied. This time we were extremely disappointed. I understand they are undergoing some construction but it does not excuse the condition of areas not affected or the professionalism of the staff. At 8:15 we went down for breakfast. The only thing there were the tubes of cereal mounted on the wall and barely enough milk for one bowl. The coffee was so weak you could see through it. When I asked the desk help about the breakfast they said it was over. I reminded them of the time and they said a lot of people checked out and they would get to it. They never did and it was just as bad the next day. The help just say behind the desk, wearing baseball caps and talking amongst themselves. We will not be back.
Response by Anchor Inn
Dear Susan, We are very sorry that you had a negative experience while you stayed at our property. You are 100% correct, that our front desk staff should be dressed and acting in a MOST professional manner. We will investigate to find out why they were not dressed per our dress code and why they were rude to not just you but to any any guest. That is completely unacceptable, thank you for bringing it to our attention.
2 night trip Jun 16, 2013
"Works for the price"
I have ambiquious feelings about this hotel. It looks good form outside and the lobby is nice, clean, full of light but this where it ends. Hallways were being painted which meant dirty. The hotel has been there for a while for sure as you can say from the first look just behind the reception desk. Everything in the room worked well but looked old and dirty. Except for the bathroom, that was very nice: granite and marble look, very clean. Breakfast was a bit disappointing as we stayed there for there nights, we did not like the same food the third morning and some items missing.
Other trip May 30, 2013
Ondrej
"Very disappointed. Found drugs in the room"
The only reason this wasn't rated as "terrible" is because we have stayed here before and the staff was very pleasant. The building is run down, but never felt unsafe. However, on this visit we had a terrible experience. After, we checked in we went to an early dinner, during that time the desk clerk called our home phone in a panic at least three times, even though the house sitters told him we weren't home, but near the hotel. When we returned at 7pm there was no note or message for us. However at 10:30pm the desk clerk called the room demanding we move rooms because the computer "made a mistake". When we told him we were in bed for the night he continued to insist, until I said unless there is a safety issue we were not moving. He was obviously panicked, but said he would call back and hung up. He never called back. In the morning my daughter saw a pill on the ground, when I sat back on the bed another pill appeared on the floor. I looked and saw a small bag of pills tucked up under the bed. At this point we quickly checked out- telling the desk clerk what happened and left. We will never stay there again!
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Nice hotel good service"
Nice room very spacious and totally appreciated the late checkout!!
Other trip May 20, 2013
"convieniant to everything"
ive been to anchor in at least a dozen times hey have updated there rooms new bathrooms and beds the stay was good although my wife got to the hotel earlier than check in time and charged us another 60 dollars which I thought was crazy . the rooms were clean no complaints there .Its close to the railroad and buses so traveling into the city is not a problem . so if you want a decent place to stay and not spend a lot its made to order .don't expect top notch because it isn't but it fits the suite
3 night trip May 10, 2013