All hotels in Bayside, New York, United States of America
215-34 Northern Blvd, Bayside, NY, 11361, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Service is adequate
    Food is not good
    Dirty
"Great location, but strong cigarette odor."
The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's within a walking distance to Bell & Northern Blvd in Bayside, NY. There are plenty of restaurants and shops near this intersection. There's also a LIRR station nearby that can take you into Penn Station in about 25 minutes (this is absolutely the fastest way to get into Manhattan). The room is simply clean and decent. The furnitures and beds are bit outdated and showing signs of deterioration, but are fully functional. There's also a free parking garage under/behind the building. The ONLY thing that I didn't like was the strong cigarette smell in the hallway. The smell is less noticeable in the non-smoking room, but it can be bothersome for certain people who are sensitive to cigarette smokes.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Henry
"Stinky hotel, the whole building smells cigarette"
Noisy, stinky, uncomfortable, and small place. Need to be only for smoker people. Not recomended for children.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Eileen
"Long Island Getaway"
The hotel was very cozy - we really enjoyed the breakfast and the fact that we could just get up and not have to go out to a restaurant.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Frances
"Basic but does the job."
If 1-2 adults need to stay for a day or two - the place is good.
"nice hotel"
Great hotel for the price. Clean spaceous rooms with good customer service
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
danielle
"Visit to New York"
We reserved a room on our way to the hotel. We were just looking for a nice, reasonably priced room for the night. Upon check in they couldn't use our Expedia reservation as their fax machine was down. This meant charging a night on our card and getting reimbursed the next business day. I cannot fault them, but it was a little inconvenient. While checking in, a young woman was complaining about a urine smell in their room. We didn't have any problem with the room. However a cleaning rag was left in the bathroom sink. The room was 79 degrees and we couldn't cool in down but by turning on the a/c. Shouldn't have to the third week of October. Although advertised, there was NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. We went down the street to a diner. I would go again but might be inclined to look elsewhere first. This is in NY and there are options.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"OMG This place was 100% the pits"
The room was completely disgusting. TV didn't work. Outside road construction noise. Toilet dirty. You wouldn't want to walk on the carpet with your socks off for sure. Stayed one night and refused to stay for the second night that was paid for. They would not refund the second night either.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Ken Reid
"guest"
The front desk staff and housekeeping people were efficient..cheerful..kind and helpful. The rooms are adequate for a business travel. To raise the quality rating.... the rooms need upgrades in furniture (falling apart) and replacement of carpeting. Housekeeping must be provided with tools to be able to clean in corners.
12 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
judith
"Smell of smoke a problem? This place not for you."
The hotel is fare. We required a non-smoking room and our room was good in that regard but only because a door separated the "wing" we were in from the rest of the hotel. Some non-smoking rooms are in the other wing. That area, and the hotel itself, smelled of smoke from the moment you walked into the lobby. The carpeting in the rooms could use a really good shampooing. The bathrooms are very clean, a plus. The service staff is wonderful, very accommodating. The breakfast is quite limited. Don't have the "scrambled" eggs. They're not scrambled and no matter how hard they try, they are not even warm. The waffles that you make yourself, are good. The rest is standard fare. It's an okay hotel, you get what you pay for.
3 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"Awsome Experience"
Very Friendly environment, everything was clean, felt like home....would definitely come back...
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Sully
Room very cold night time, heater not working, and the biggest issus no crib for my baby
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Can't find back my lost"
People there are nice. Breakfast is so so. Location is good. But, I left a plastic bag with three shoes in the room when I hurriedly checked out at 11.when I called at night to see if they were in lost and found. Nothing! So sad.
6 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Not bad for the price."
We were really disappointed with the continental breakfast. The waffle maker was broken. My husband and I walked across the street to Starbucks. The room was neat and surface clean if you donot look too closely. We really appreciated the onsite parking. All in all it is not bad for the price.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
The Fitzhughs
"Good place for a short stay"
In town with wife & kids for a wedding with a free day to explore NYC. Walked from hotel to Bayside station (LIRR) and took train into Manhattan and spent day walking around Times Square and saw a show before taking train back. Rooms were clean and served their purpose, though bathrooms are a bit small.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Ralph
"Good value for the money"
The Anchor Inn staff was pleasant, helpful, and knowledgeable which made for a welcoming experience. I made these reservations from overseas and the assistance both long distance and in person is worthy of a 5-star. The building is aged and small, but well kept. An unavoidable maintenance issue arose with the sink - a gasket aged out - and Anchor Inn managed it quickly and professionally without excuses that so many attempt rather than simply addressing the issue. Overall, I would return based on location, service, and dependable cleanliness.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you for your honest and candid review. We do our best to make everyone's stay with us pleasant. Please visit again soon.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Nora
"Room too small"
Room with double beds too small. Carpet was dirty. Bathrooms nicely remodeled. Breakfast was not good. Had to spit out eggs tasted like rubber. If you're trying to visit tourist attractions in manhattan it will take at least an hour by car. Too much traffic. It's best to stay in Manhattan.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
I will never book again this hotel. We thought that for that price , at least it would be a clean hotel. Very dissapointed when got into the room. Carpet dirty and white dust all over sides and around furnitures. Bed skirt was torn and cought under the bed. We felt uncomfortable to get to bed, slept with clothes on ....
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Find somewhere else"
Night manager was extremely rude, tried to put me in the middle of an argument between him and housekeeping. Room tiny, not space for a roll away. They shouldn't even bother with the continental breakfast; better off eating at a gas station. I would sleep in my car before staying here again. Maid was kind and helpful.
Response by Anchor Inn
We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. We welcome your constructive criticism and would like to hear more specific details about your visit. Please contact us via email. Thanks.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
no more NY
"Adequate and clean"
The people at the front desk were nice and accommodating. The gym could use sprucing up. The bathrooms were renovated, nice and clean but a little cramped. Daniel mailed clothes that we left in the room. He was very nice and considerate.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Linh
"Ending roadtrip"
After Three weeks roadtrip in USA we finally got the last two days in New York waiting for the airplane to Europé. This Place was located near by busstop. But it takes one hour Before reaching New York City, with both bus, train and subway. Breakfast was okey, it could be better with the service there. Because the bread was always finished.... Otherwise the staff was really nice and helpful with Everything that we asked for.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Malin
"Not fancy but very nice"
Staff looked a bit scruffy, but was very nice. Room was clean and spacious with nice new finishings. The bathroom was very nice, with granite countertops and nice shower. The only complaint was the bed was a bit hard.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
JoJo
"Near to the Subway"
When we first walked into the lobby, the reception was nice and answered all our questions. When we first walked into the room, it was nothing like we thought it would look like based on the pictures we saw on the internet. It smelled very bad and it was very tiny. Once we moved everything in, we went back down to the lobby and told the reception that we want another room and that we are not happy with our room he said that we had to wait to talk to his boss in the morning. There were also other guests that had the same problem with their hotel room and asked for another. By the next day, we decided to stay in the hotel because we were going to just sleep there and be out the whole day. The smell went away, but not completely. Another bad thing about the hotel room was that we could hear everything from the other rooms. With my two children, it was very inappropriate and there was nothing we could do about it.Staff were nice and friendly and breakfast was very good.
7 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Mona
"No Complaints"
I needed to stay a night in Flushing after my cousin's wedding. Staff was friendly, room was nice, functional and clean. Location is close to Bell Blvd and walkable to 35th Ave. Overall Very Good.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"met my general needs for family visit"
In general, the hotel provides a basic functionality. It isn't anything special. It isn't particularly special in any way. The best part was plenty of easy on-site parking. Starbucks across the street and White Castle two blocks away didn't hurt either. Basic continental breakfast was fine.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
JohnF
The garage underneath tells about what a horrible experience you are about to have. I cancelled my reservation after the first night. To be fair, the price was the lowest in the area but when you see cheap price, remember that Santa Claus is a fiction. I will not recommend.
Gil
"smelly room"
The location worked out well for me, but the room had a horrible odor. Based on previous reviews, this wasn't a big surprise, but I will probably find a different option in the future.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for the review, if you don't mind getting in touch with us so we can ID which room you were in so we can ensure that it gets a good deep cleaning and deodorizing. Thank you.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"Dirty"
Fairly priced, but you get what you pay for. Room was superficially clean, but needed a deep cleaning. A/C filters were clogged. Breakfast room and breakfast was a joke. Poorly maintained, no coffee cups.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for writing us and thank you for the feedback. We are in the process already of implementing more frequent deep cleaning in the guest rooms. With regards to the breakfast room, our guess is that perhaps you overlooked the coffee cup dispenser which is at counter level. When we redesigned the breakfast room several months ago, we took great measures to keep the room and counter tidy. In order to do that, many of the breakfast accessories are recessed into the front of the cabinetry.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"Won't stay again"
The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. Everything else was awful. The bathroom in the lobby was like a subway bathroom. Urine and garbage everywhere. The room was shabby. Threadbare blankets. I would not stay here again. Lost power in the room when trying to use the blow drier. This room should be $35.00 per night at best
2 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"Stay couple hours waiting for P/U family Airport"
This was amazing, i enjoy my self a me and my husband take a relaxing day !!!!
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for staying with us. I believe you were with us for two nights. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Please come again soon.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Xiomara
The room was dusty, and they have to change me from the first room the tv shows blurry. Also a lot of dust in the room and carpet.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
sexy
"Worth it"
Price was good ... We moved there from another Hotel and it was a lot better .. The main street around the corner had a lot of nice shops and restruants... I'd stay there again
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you and we hope to see you again shortly.
4 night trip Jun 5, 2014
kj
"Nightmare in smoke, smell and filth"
Dirty room No towels Carpet not vacuumed Only two pillows No blanket Smell of smoke Continental breakfast is fake food and muddy coffee Disgusting!!!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
husband and wif
Room smelled really bad. Spider in my tub. Cigs in the drawer pillows are amazing.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
Ray
Close to bus stop, train station, banks, groceries, restaurants, fastfood, any other kind of stores you name it. Hotel is nice, fancy, very narrow on the hall way. A bit confusing if you stay on the second floor because one door will get you to first floor but if you go to the other door you will go outside. Reminds me of corn maze. Good hot breakfast. Polite housekeeper. Clean room, bed and bathroom.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Neeta
I was given a room that was not ready, when I went back to the front desk they did rectify the situation immediately. The continental breakfast was just ok. There was no coffee cups, plates, eggs, when I was leaving they restocked the table.
1 night business trip May 21, 2014
"Horrible & rude"
I asked the person at the front desk if I could have a lil extra time to check out. He flat out said no! Rude and with an attitude!! Some people just don't know what customer service is. Smh
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
Staff are rude. Everything looks so out of date. Noisy!
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for your review. We will speak with our staff and train them better to listen to our guests request better. We are sorry that anyone was rude. As for the decor, we have just completed a complete renovation of all common areas of the building from top to bottom. We are sorry that your do not agree with our decorators taste.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Alan
"1"
No good place at all.. This is the worse Hotel ever that I had visited.. Within more that 30 hotels as business person easily I can rate this one as bad Hotel
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We would appreciate some constructive criticism though so we know who we can improve in your opinion.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
Julian cedano
"Great hotel in Queens NY"
Hotel staff (evening and morning) were great. When I arrived there was a massive rain storm, but they have under cover free parking in the building with direct access to the rooms. There is no restaurant in the hotel but the staff recommended the place right next door (Pier 25A) - excellent bar/restaurant with fresh seafood. Also, I had to check out at 6AM and the free breakfast room isn't open until 6:30AM, but the front office staff let me in to get coffee and said I could get some food as well. The hotel's free WIFi has great coverage and was better than some of the paid WiFi in other hotels.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your taking to time to do so.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
David C.
"Comfortable bed"
The room was small but adequate and also clean.The bed was very comfortable and I liked that you could open the window.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We hope that you stayed in one of our deluxe rooms with the luxury bedding as the bedding in most of our standard rooms is about to be changed.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Not worth the $"
I probably wouldn't have minded if this hotel was a $60 a night cheapo - but at $134-$145 a night it was a rip off. The hotel is in a great area, and I will say that the front desk staff was professional, helpful and friendly. They should go work for a nicer hotel. While checking in I used the lobby restroom. There was garbage all over and dried urine all over the toilet seat. There was one threadbare, blanket with holes on the bed. It smelled of someone's body odor - obviously not washed. We lost power using the blow drier. We like to take the stairs - they looked like they haven't been swept or mopped for a year. The room itself was comfortable and clean - except the blanket. Breakfast was gross, cold fake scrambled eggs and stale bagels. I would not stay here again.
2 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
"looks nicer outside than inside"
front desk staff not helpful, had an attitude. Reservation originally made was never received. comfort of the mattress in the room was less than desired. Furniture is outdated from what appears to be early 1980s. There was blood on the bathroom door. Overpriced considering the quality of the property, as well as the service
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"King delux"
Loved the oversiZed tub and the sliding door into the room. It was a little tight but its perfect for a simple night escape
Response by Anchor Inn
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Ybba
"Ok deal for price"
The bed was so hard! The room was dirty and uncomfortable however it was much cheaper then other hotels close by. I would not stay here for pleasure but it worked ok for a business trip.
Response by Anchor Inn
We are sorry to hear that your bedding was uncomfortable and that the room was not properly cleaned. The good news is that we are taking in a delivery of new mattresses next week and we will talk with the housekeeping department about putting in a better effort in cleaning our guest rooms. Thanks for the feedback.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
The place is a bit old and cramped. They need a new vacuum.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thanks for the feedback. We have some new vacuums :-)
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
LM
"Great place for the money"
Clean room, close to stores, good eateries nearby.
Response by Anchor Inn
Thank you for your kind words.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Pleasant stay."
Warm, comfortable room. Staff was very freindly, and helpful.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Decent neighborhood"
Easy walking distance to restaurants and store. Short bus ride to mall and movie theater. Room looks nice but was not clean. Had to ask for room to be vacuumed again and vacuum doesn't fit into the edges of the room or under bed so you can see lots of dust and dirt which is not favorable. Bed mattress is very hard so that is something to take into consideration. I stayed in two different rooms at this hotel and both rooms had the same issues.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
USMMA MOM
"Just DON'T!!! Run down, uncomfortable, not clean!"
Had stayed two prior nights in this hotel with a friend (double beds) and noticed that room to be dusty and bed super uncomfortable. Re-checked in to stay another night for convenience with a King bed. Room not vacuumed (literally crumbs and dirt all over carpet) and same places very dusty (I wiped down the nightstands myself-so dirty the white washcloth was covered in brown). Asked for room to be vacuumed upon check in at 5:10 pm. When maid showed up 2 hours later (2 reminder calls, rude treatment from front desk), vacuum cleaner was duct-taped together in multiple places and kept shutting off. Felt bad for the maid and NO WONDER they don't vacuum the rooms-they aren't given proper equipment to do their job. Also, vacuum doesn't fit into the nooks and crannies or under the bed so the room is LINED with filth and dust, bits of paper and who knows what. I blame Management for that. Bed again was SUPER uncomfortable like sleeping on a cardboard pizza box. At check out I needed to use hotel public restroom. Toilet seat and floor COVERED in urine. Breakfast very minimal. Opened container for the scrambled eggs it was one big plate sized patty folded over. I guess they expect you to "scramble" it yourself - not real eggs - didn't even try. However, the waffle machine was perfect. SO, if you want to spend the night for a waffle, go for it! I did have ONE very nice man at checkout, wish I knew his name, but I still wouldn't stay again.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
USMMA MOM
"Just good for stay"
Some rooms are too cold night time staff is too mean and not kind
Response by Anchor Inn
We are sorry to hear that you felt the rooms were too cold at night. Many rooms have extra heat sources in them (in addition to the central heating system). We are always more than happy to accommodate requests for rooms with supplemental heat in them.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014