All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here302 South Market Street, San Jose, CA, 95113, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Small room"
Room was small, construction work going on every where. With that said I feel the room rate was a bit high.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
"San Jose MPwealth"
Was there for a business conference and love staying at the hotel. Was an awesome stay.
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Great place!"
I was in town for the U2 concerts. This is a very charming hotel-walking distance from the SAP Center. There was quite a but of construction going on as I think it will become a Westin property over the summer but the service was great, room was clean and comfortable. I'll definitely stay there again when I go back to San Jose for any reason.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thank you for your feedback, Staci! We will in fact become The Westin San Jose on July 9th, 2015. Please come visit us again soon, we appreciate your business!
2 night trip May 18, 2015
Staci
We really enjoyed our stay. Great hotel!
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thank you for your feedback, Tim! We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Under renovation, but nice staff!"
The hotel was under renovation, so it is difficult to give ratings without that consideration. I did notice the chairs provided for the working desk were too short for the desk, but hope they were only temporary.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thank you for your feedback Diane - I am thrilled to hear that our staff made a memorable impression on you. We are very fortunate to have such a great team! Thank you again, we appreciate your business.
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Under construction but I was provided with an already newly renovated room and it was magnificent. Extremely quiet with well appointed furnishings. Very classy hotel.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Darron - I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We are getting great feedback from guests like you; and we look forward to welcoming you back once we become a Westin in July 2015. Thank you again for your business - we look forward to welcoming you back.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Darron
"Lovely, affordable hotel with renovated with care"
I would have rated the hotel condition with 5 stars but they were in the middle of remodelling. What they have done is beautiful.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
MONICA
"Loved it!"
THe St. Claire was a beautiful and quaint place to stay right in the heart of all downtown San Jose has to offer.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Jonathen
"Five Stars Well Earned"
From the valet (Cristian) to the front desk (Robert) , all were convivial and genuine. The room nicely appointed, the walk in shower a true pleasure, and the bed beautifully comfortable. The room service attendant was also remarkably kind and went promptly out of his way to accommodate my birthday request. The Il Fornio brunch was delicious and our server Remi was a pure essence of what hospitality is about. The location, right in the center of the pulse, is ideal. As an European, this historic hotel brought me straight back home in a most lovely way.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thierry - thank you so much for your review. I will be sure to share it with Robert and Cristian, who both do amazing work connecting with our guests and making a personal touch. I sincerely appreciate you staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sainte Claire Hotel.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Thierry
"Beautiful rooms, convenient location."
The renovated rooms are lovely and the room overal was very comfortable. The only thing that I would change is the desk chair. It doesn't adjust for height and it's too short for anyone but a very tall person to be able to work comfortably at the desk.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Nice Rooms but security is rather low"
I was upgraded to a suite which was a nice room while part of the hotel is under construction. They are also in transition to a large hotel partnership so not all of their standards are in place. Security is very low at this hotel, but hopefully will improve. There were questionable people on my floor and one room nearby had a pretty bad couples fight. Once the new ownership takes control, I am sure this hotel will improve.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. As we become a Westin, we will be providing training to all of our team members to ensure a perfect experience. Thank you for sharing your observations and please do visit us again soon.
2 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Great place!"
Excellent!
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Brooke
"Great weekend at the St. Claire Westin hotel"
Great hotel! Centrally located in the heart of San Jose. I was in town for Wrestlemania weekend. Not far at all from SAP Arena and right across the street from the convention center. Room was spotless, overall hotel service was great. If I was ever in San jose again I would definitely stay here.
4 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Noah
"Great Experience"
The staff at the hotel were amazing! From the parking staff and reception desk to the room service delivery and food - I couldn't have asked for better, more friendly service. My daughter and I were rolling our luggage to the room and one of our bags tipped over in the hallway. A lovely staff member quickly ran to help us, rolled the luggage into the room, pulled out the luggage rack, welcomed us to the hotel and went to leave - I had to stop him to give him a tip. The room was a bit small, but fine for my daughter and I. It had obviously been remodeled and looked very fresh and clean. The hotel has been kept up nicely but still has charming features. It is well located and I would not hesitate to recommend it.
C
"Bad stay"
Bad stay Construction noise Front desk did not care when we asked them to stop
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Hotels.com traveler, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We are currently under renovation with construction noise possible between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday. I am very sorry that you did not feel that our team members were not empathetic to your concern as we do understand this impacts our guests and we do apologize for the impact it had on your stay. We hope you will visit us again after our renovations are complete. Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo, General Manager
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"I'll definity stay here again"
Great place to stay at. Close to everything downtown. Room service was great. Exceeded my expectations.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Girls weekend"
Stayed here for bachelorette weekend. I loved that even though the location is right downtown, when up in the rooms it was nice and quite. The room was clean, decor is lovely. The room felt a little cramped, but I think that just goes along with the age of the building. The only thing that I didn't like is the charge for parking even though you are paying to stay, but I guess that is all part of being in a metropolis. But the valets and front desk staff were all very nice.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Angela, thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We do price our parking competitively with all the hotels in downtown San Jose, and we hope you found value in our valet parking service. I appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo, General Manager
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
angela
Great location, great find. Will definitely stay again.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
L. L.
"Wonderful stay"
Excellent stay. Quaint beautiful room. They were very accommodating with our needs. My wife is handicapped and I left early in the morning for a meeting and they packed for her and sure she got in the vehicle safely. The room was extra clean.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
Rhonda
"Hotel needs renovation"
Old and tired hotel but with nice an very helpful staff. The window in my room couldn't close tight so the noise from the tramway outside woke me up before 5 am in the morning.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thank you for your feedback - we have added dual-paned noise dampening windows to many of our guest rooms and we will continue to review to ensure our guests are getting a great night's sleep. We are completing renovations on every area of the hotel so by July 2015, I am confident that you will find the hotel to be revitalized and renewed with all-new look and feel. We hope you'll visit again then! Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo, General Manager
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Nice Historic Hotel"
Nice stay even though they were renovating. Il Fornio restaurant downstairs is fantastic. Beautiful Historic Hotel. Check out the Mail chute.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"Hotel saint Claire"
It was really nice. The hotel staff was very accommodating and very helpful! I wish the parking was easier to find because we had to drive around a couple times before we realized where the valet was (there was no sign) but once we figured it out it was great! We got a kind size room and the bed was comfortable however the pillows sucked haha! We got 50 percent off each night we stayed which was great but we wouldn't stay there again if we didn't get that discount only because we wouldn't be able to afford it. The rooms were clean enough that we felt comfortable letting our ten month old crawl and walk around on them. Il fornaio the restaurant downstairs was ok. The meat sauce wasn't that great but my mom got this bacon vodka sauce pasta that was so so good. However the service in the restaurant wasn't very good. It took FOREVER just to get our drinks and my son was very very crabby bc he needed to eat and it was just taking forever. All in all though the hotel was great for what we paid for it (about 150 a night at 50 percent off)
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Catherine
"Okay"
The internet was down while I was there. Hotel is under construction. Bring converted into a Westin property. Weekends being in large groups and conventions which make the hotel feel more like a Motel 6 than an upscale property.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Arnie
"Weekend get away."
From the moment we drove up the staff was efficient, friendly, polite, welcoming. Checking in was quick and uncomplicated. Staff was extremely helpful. Our room was recently renovated. The warm brown colors and fluffy white bed was inviting. Totally enjoyed our weekend get a way.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Cindy
"Sainte Claire's elegance"
The Sainte Claire always give a trip to San Jose a classic, easy elegance. Beautiful experience!
1 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"great hotel"
Conveniently located. Easy to get to and within walking distance of a lot of restaurants. Room was nice,but as with any hotel in the city there are a lot of noises-sirens etc. We are from the country so maybe we notice the noise more. Very clean
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Debbie
Excellent
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
sonia
"Very good"
Very nice and convenient to what we had to do.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Charles R.
"Outrageous dining prices"
Dining is expensive and offers a very limited choice.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
I am sorry that you found the prices high at our restaurant, Il Fornaio. Il Fornaio is an independently operated restaurant which is very well regarded in the area. They maintain competitive pricing with the market but please know that our Guest Services team is glad to recommend other nearby restaurants at any price point or different cuisine if desired. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you'll visit again soon. Brian Dell'Ergo General Manager
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Anonymous
"OK stay"
The hotel was nice but a little older than what I thought. The hotel is on a very busy street but you can't hear the traffic in your room. It was OK.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thank you for the review. Our historic hotel was built in 1926 but we will be completing a full renovation by July of this year. We hope you'll try us again then to see the upgrades at that point, which we feel will provide modern amenities to our guests within the historic building. Sincerely, Brian General Manager
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Ceydy
"Updated historic hotel near San Jose Conv Ctr"
Excellent hotel extremely near the convention center. The guest rooms were very modern for a historic building. There was some construction going on, so likely that some floors will soon be renovated even further.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"hotel st claire"
i loved the hotel it was close to the venue. I brought my 89 year old mother , we were on the 5th floor. At 3 am there was an emergency and we had to evacuate and walk down the stairs and wait outside. She had to walk down slowly she has a mild heart condition. When checking out , I asked if we could be compensated because of the emergency but since we didn't book directly with them they wouldn't. Guest that did got compensated, disappointed to hear that.
1 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
Alice
"Clean and Comfortable"
I was overal impressed with the hotel and the comfort of the bed in the remodeled rooms. I had never stayed here before and was skeptical but I was pleasantly surprised. I had dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was great. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
peggy
"Great hotel, great location"
I had never heard of this hotel, but it was fairly cheap when other downtown hotels were substantially more. When I first walked into the lobby I thought I may of made a mistake - its an older building and my general experience with old hotels is that they're in need of extensive renovations. I was completely wrong. My room was recently remodeled with a brand new bathroom, luxurious bed sheets, and a flat panel TV. The first night I went to the hotel's bar in just a tshirt after a long flight and was met with a look of... disapproval. But they were still friendly, and as the week went on I got to know the staff and really appreciated their attentive service.
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Beautiful Historic hotel."
Beautiful faux fireplace!
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thank you for staying with us, Eva! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Faux Fireplaces in our Studio Suites. Please come visit us again soon!
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Eva
"Perfect for the night"
I booked the Sainte Claire as a premature Valentine's Day staycation and it was perfect for the night. The room was a little small, compared to other places we've stayed but that wasn't a big deal. The bathroom, or I should say, shower was great. It was pretty big and I love rain shower heads. We did have a good view of downtown and the black out shades really come in handy in the morning. The only thing I would have anything to complain about is the noise of the air conditioning and the fact that we could hear everything happening in the hallway. But every time the air would come on, it would block out the noise of the hallway..so it kinda worked out in the end. But still the air conditioning was unnecessarily loud. All in all, it was a great hotel that I would definitely stay at again.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Ilyssa, thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay but also appreciate your comment regarding noise concerns - we will look at ways to ensure you are provided a relaxing night's sleep, and we inspect our air conditioners at least once a quarter to identify any units that need maintenance or replacement to ensure they do not interrupt a good night's sleep. Thank you for staying with us for your special occasion, please come visit us again soon! Brian General Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Ilyssa
"Nice hotel near convention center"
Staff was excellent. Very nice old hotel. The room was newly remodeled and the shower was very nice. Had a mini fridge and a nice big flat screen tv.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms - guests are giving us great feedback about them! Please come visit us again soon, we think you will enjoy the other upgrades that will be happening in our lobby and other guest areas of the hotel! Sincerely, Brian General Manager
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
I stayed at this hotel to attend a conference. Staff was nice, room was nice, restaurant was nice. I would stay again.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"EXCELLENT"
LOST A BROWN BOOTS WHICH I LEFT IN ROOM #629 HOPE I GET A CALL BACK.OTHERWISE EXCELLENT FRONT DESK
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Moses
Very nice hotel.. Great location and friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Do you know the way to San Jose?"
My first time in San Jose and this is a very nice hotel. Had dinner in the restaurant and it was fantastic. Only minor hiccup is the small bi-fold doors to get into the bathroom. But the room is very nice and bed comfortable.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Hard to find ! Under construction ! Friendly staff only reason it didn't suck !
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
I am very sorry to hear that you had a hard time finding the hotel. However, your comment regarding our staff is greatly appreciated, they truly make the difference. Thank you and please visit us again in the future! Sincerely, Brian General Manager
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great historic hotel in a great location."
Stayed here for one night on business. The lobby was really pretty, definitely has an historic feel. Room was very clean, bed was super comfortable. Loved the L'Occitane bath products. Hotel restaurant was also very good for a glass of wine and a margarita pizza.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Kathleen, thank you very much for your review. We strive to create a memorable experience for our guests and it sounds as though we were successful in doing so during your recent stay. Please come visit us again soon, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sainte Claire Hotel. Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo General Manager
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Kathleen P.
"HORRIBLE! WAY OVER RATED"
No hot water, horrible cable. Had to wait 25mins for valet to bring my car.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Priscilla, I am deeply sorry to hear about your experience. I have not heard any other concerns from our guests regarding the hot water or cable service so please know this is not the norm for our level of service. The valet wait time is not acceptable - we do strive to deliver cars within 10 minutes of request - however we do share a garage with the convention center so on rare occasion vehicles can bottleneck at the exit. I do sincerely apologize that this impacted your stay and I will work to improve the experience for all of our valued guests. Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo General Manager
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Priscilla
"Exceedingly quiet. Will go back again Hilton NO!"
Grabbed this hotel at the last moment. This was an exceedingly quiet place to stay. Modern hotels are noisy. This place doesn't even have Muzak in the elevator! Only draw back might be that the rooms are a little small. But the Quiet.....Lovely, Lovely Quiet.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Zoy, thank you for sharing your experience! I am glad that you found the seclusion of our hotel to be rejuvenating in the midst of the bustle of downtown San Jose. Please come visit us again soon, we look forward to welcoming you back. Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo General Manager
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Zoy
"NCVA CA Kickoff Junior Volleyball Tournament"
We booked into this hotel because it was next door to the convention center where our daughter has a volleyball tournament over this past weekend. I like the Italian Renaissance character and décor of the property from the lobby, hallways, stairs and even the elevator. Though I had difficulty sleeping that night, it was stuffy inside the room even though the AC was on. Overall the staff members were friendly and helpful. The only thing is the carpet on hallway of the floor we were on was very dirty with a lots spots and was loose which is a potential trip hazard. The carpet inside our room was also dirty - a good carpet shampooing should take care of it. The edges of the feather comforter blankets also looked dirty. Attention to the little details is all this hotel needs.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
EB, you will be happy to hear that we are completing a full renovation of the hotel which includes complete replacement of the carpets and all new furnishings and finishes in all of our guestrooms. When you visit us again you will notice the transformation! Thank you for staying with us for the Volleyball tournament, we hope you will choose us again next year when you return. We do appreciate your business. Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo General Manager
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
EB
"Ok stay"
The walls were super thin. Hallway carpets were very stained. It is in process of getting updated which it does need.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Thank you for your feedback - though I am sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations. We are now in the process of renovating our last floor of guestrooms, so all guestrooms will be 100% renovated in the near future. We hope you will stay with us again at that point. Thank you again for your feedback - we do appreciate it! Brian General Manager
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
"Pricy but great place to stay"
The hotel was great but pricy! They did upgrade us to a junior suite for free however! Everyone there was very helpful and always had a smile on there face. Very close to many different restaurants and bars so that was a plus. I would say the only downfall was the price and the noise from the street at night because of said bars but other than that was a great place to stay.
1 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2015
Matthew
"Weekly Traveler"
Superb in every aspect! Quaint downtown hotel with an excellent staff. I travel weekly and having access to food and a fitness center are priorities. The Sainte Claire Hotel met and exceeded my needs.
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
Christopher, thank you very much for your review! I am thrilled to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations. You will be excited to hear that our renovation will continue to the lobby and fitness center later this spring. The result will be a fresh, energizing new look for the fitness center including all-new equipment. I hope you will come stay with us again and enjoy the revitalized amenities on your next trip to the San Jose area. Thank you again for staying with us - we do appreciate your business! Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo General Manager
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Christopher
"We enjoyed Sainte Claire"
Our room was a deluxe king in newly-upgraded section. Room was great and quiet, even with partying on our floor. Staff friendly and helpful. Lobby and common areas tasteful. We'd stay again for sure!
Response by The Sainte Claire Hotel
David, I am thrilled to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are getting great feedback from guests about our newly renovated rooms and I am thrilled to hear you felt the same way. Please know that after 9pm, we do monitor for noise and we prohibit gatherings in guestrooms which may disturb other guests. We encourage all of our guests to contact us for immediate response if another guest is loud or partying in their room. We strive to provide all of our valued guests with a rejuvenating experience and the most important part of that is a good night's sleep! Please come stay with us again soon, we appreciate having you as a guest. Sincerely, Brian Dell'Ergo General Manager
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015