All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
302 South Market Street, San Jose, CA, 95113, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Woken up by construction noise!"
Woken up with construction noise!! Asked to speak to a manager and was blown off, telling me that he'd call me later that day. Here it is three days later and I've still not heard from them. Go stay elsewhere.
Response by The Westin San Jose
Greg, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We do our best to communicate the possibility of renovation noise Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. I will review with my team to understand why you did not hear back from a manager, which is unacceptable. I do sincerely apologize that we did not live up to our own expectations on this occasion. Thank you for your feedback, it will help us provide better service to our valued guests. Sincerely, Brian, General Manager
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
Greg
"Awesome Stay!"
Was a great stay!! Super clean, Big 55' tv (i think). Internet is slow but it worked for us. There isn't a pool but the oversized bed and modern restroom fixed that issue :D recommended to all!
Response by The Westin San Jose
Thank you for the review! Our Televisions range from 46" to 55" depending on what room type you reserved - I am so glad that you enjoyed them! We have a very fast internet connection for our guests so I am concerned that you didn't have a good connection - please let us know if you experience that in the future so we can try to make sure you get the connection you need to enjoy your stay. Sincerely, Brian, General Manager
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
"Charming hotel"
The hotel is beautiful. Great location. I would recommend this for anyone.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
restituto
"GREAT VALUE FOR THE PRICE"
Spent the night after a family Thanksgiving. Had not stayed here for several years. Remodeling and updates very impressive - especially the shower - awesome!
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
RIchard
"Excellent value."
This hotel has been very nicely remodeled in keeping with it's historic foot print. Rooms were very clean and even though the room and bathroom was small (what I would expect in an older hotel) the space, especially in the bathroom was used wisely and efficiently. Furnishings had an upscale feel.The small details were taken care of, plenty of outlets for gadgets, a sound machine and best of all, a waterfall shower head. The staff is just what you would expect at a nice hotel, accommodating and efficient. The Lobby and Lounge off of the front desk were beautiful and the architecture was gorgeous. I felt it was an excellent value for the money spent.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"BEST LOCATION--no onsite parking"
Restaurant and bar are excellent; however, room service breakfast was lacking.
2 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
"Bret concert and great hotel."
Very pleased with the hotel. We stayed one night to attend a concert at the HP.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
Great place to stay in the heart of San Jose. Just a 20 min walk to the arena!
2 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Quaint nice hotel"
Rooms were small but it is a old hotel. Renovations were ongoing and we were warned of noise during the week. Overall it was clean and personnel were friendly and helpful.
6 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Maureen
"Disappointing"
The room was nicely renovated but a very small room, coffee pot was in the closet? Had to request towels bathroom was nice but a tight fit no room for anything. I also requested to have car pulled up by valet for early morning but they didnt do so, still had to wait for car.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
Molly
"Tom B - San Jose visit."
One of the nicest hotel experience at every level. Great staff, wonderful round and having Il Fornaio restaurant on site was a real plus.
2 night trip Nov 19, 2014
"Judas Priest"
Just an overnight stay to see my favorite band and what a surprise,The Sainte Claire was incredible in every way. From the valet, bellhop, check in, the room, everything was 5+ stars!! I will definitely stay there every time we visit San Jose!!!
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"Sainte Claire Vecation"
My stay was wonderful, though I was a bit taken back from the lack of grooming essential items in the bathroom and lack of wine glasses/openers. Other than that the room was roomy and comfty. The front desk and the "runners" was very friendly to me and my partner. We had a great time.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
Jehoiakim
"Pleasant"
Pleasant to stay. My trip was less stress when I got back to my room.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Nice trip walking distance to San Pedro Square
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Great Night Away after a Day of Business"
Really liked this hotel. Had an old feel, but the rooms were newly remodeled. We enjoyed an appetizer and cocktail in the lounge area that they brought over from the restaurant. Walking distance to some great restaurants. The only downsides were that the bed was pretty hard, and we had to pay $31 to valet our car. I know it is downtown San Jose, but those are close to San Francisco prices.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Great for non-partiers"
Quiet, clean and very friendly staff.
4 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
Cinthia
"Sainte Claire"
Just stayed at this hotel this weekend for a conference. They were very accommodating with a super late check-in. The room was very comfortable. Parking was $31 for overnight. If you need to go to San Jose, this hotel offered better rates than the others downtown. The one complaint, they are undergoing some, so you can hear that going on during the day (not at night).
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Good downtown hotel"
The hotel is undergoing a remodel and I was on a floor that was complete. The rooms are small but very clean and the new shower is great (rain shower and all). There are plenty of restaurants near by and so is the light rail. The hotel is an old building with character and is a great place. My only complaint is the room AC unit is very loud when it is on but other than that it is a nice place.
4 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
"Over priced historic accommodations."
Room was very small. Renovation of hotel a daily liability. Restaurant provided good food and service. Bar facility inadequate.
7 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Lawrence N
"Above average."
Stayed for a 5k and a 1/2 marathon run for 2 nights. I'm giving it a 3.5/5 Stars. What's good: clean, comfortable, great location, 24hr gym, friendly service at the desk What's bad: 1 of the 2 elevators was not working, didn't provide any facial/bar/bath soap and had to call, provided cups and condiments but didn't stock the coffee maker and had to call. Hotel parking cost $31 instead of $20 at the convention center across the street. Last, did not allow us for late check out because of the race going on. In conclusion, those easy fix can change my 3.5/5 stars to a 5 stars if they can even fix half of those issues.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Randy
"great hotel"
loved the majestic history of the hotel. Very close to SJSU and nice restaurants. I would definitely stay there again
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Close to Levi Stadium"
Great place to stay. A friend recommended the hotel and I plan to stay here everytime I'm in town for the 49ers games. Walking distance to some great restaurants and shops. Took about 10-15 minutes to drive to Levi Stadium. Friendly staff. Overall great stay!
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Tracy
"Love this place."
Service was impeccable: gracious, swift, delightful. Hotel is showing it's age with loud air conditioning and shower that drips for ten minutes after use from water in the pipes. Perfect location in downtown San Jose.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Business savvy"
I was at a conference at convention center so this was very convenient for me. Great to have decent rstaurant forbusiness dinners
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
Jeffrey
"Excellent location and amenities"
I had no experience with this hotel--had never heard of it. I really enjoyed my stay, and having El Forniao(?) as the in-house restaurant was excellent. I was aware of this chain, but did not realize that it was part of the hotel until I arrived .
3 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Great staff, smallish rooms"
Very nice staff, beautiful architecture, convenient location. As is typical for many older hotels, the room was on the small side. Also, the downtown location is a bit noisy from the street (even though we were on the 6th floor) and being in the flight path of the San Jose International Airport. Those things we expected, so I gave high marks for this very nice hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"nice hotel, good location, terrible parking"
hotel was great, but i checked in late at night and had a very hard time finding parking
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Noisy!"
A room near us was playing music and partying after midnight and then at 5am we heard the conversation in another neighbors room. They were not shouting but they were loud enough to wake us up. I would have mentioned it when we checked out, but I was never asked how the stay was. Next time I will stay in more modern hotel with better sound proofing.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Patsy
Overall the hotel was nice and clean . However the lobby and hallways had a bad odor the entire stay . I also overheard other guests complain of the smell.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
excellent!
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
"Great location for our event. But........"
We loved the location and Manuel and Anthony. Too bad there was only 1 elevator working and then when we checked out, that one was stuck and we had to walk down 5 flights of stairs (with bad knees!). Restaurant was superb! Loved the tales of the renovation, too. Coffee pot broke, air conditioning was loud and clunked! We could hear our neighbors through the vent! I wished there was a bath tub. "Rain" shower was hard to get used to. Bed uncomfortable, pillows squishy
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"everything was comfortable"
The stay was great. The hotel was close to some good restaurants. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. It was all around great.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Posh and elegant"
This is an elegant hotel overflowing with classic beauty and charm. It's in the heart of downtown and just a hop away from the light rail so it's super convenient. My only (minor) gripe is that the room was a little narrow and because of that, it's a modest squeeze getting into the bathroom. On the plus side, I was able to get a newly renovated room on the six floor with a view of the plaza. They did a really nice job with the furniture and décor. They also made sure no one would ever be in want of power outlets. (Thank you!) The three lamps each had three power outlets and the desk had an additional power station with two 120 V and two USB outlets. It's that attention to detail that makes the Sainte Claire really stand out.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Tony
"Beautiful"
Excellent service, great restaurant, renovated rooms are awesome!
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Clean but noisy"
It's a nice hotel, very beautiful design, and also very clean. I arrived late and left early so I can't really speak to the service much, but overall stay was pretty good. The AC unit in my room was the only major issue for me as it turned on every 10 minutes and wasn't exactly quiet.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Nice hotel and great price for Bay Area.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
Mick
"Central location good for SV business"
Nice older hotel with character that is in the process of updating. Nice location though parking is a big issue.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
CF
"Excellent Downtown Room"
Very helpful staff, excellent when giving directions.
3 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"older hotel"
I appreciate the older hotels, however, there were a few kinks. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the room service was great, and the fitness facility while small - was adequate. What didn't work - the noisy pipes gurgling outside my room all night long. The bathroom light going on when you walked into the room - great when you are awake, not so great when it's 2am. Also, got some kind of bug bite staying there. Rates seem a bit high for what is offered.
2 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
"Wanted to give it 5 stars but..."
Love this hotel. $31/night for parking was totally excessive. Also, couldn't get the room temperature just right.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Yochanan Sebastian Winston
"I do love this place, but..."
Parking at $31 seems a little steep. Also, couldn't really get the room temperature just right. It's got oodles of charm and I love the Proustian redolence of this place.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Yochanan Sebastian Winston
"Nice, but somewhat dated classic hotel"
You can't self park your car at the hotel, so valet is right out front and $31 per night. The room was nice; bed was firm with soft top, soft pillows, large desk with mini fridge, flat screened TV (cable includes 2 Showtime channels), closet with safe and iron/ironing board. The furnishings are antique like, and the carpeting dark, which makes the room look more worn. The bathroom had a shower over tub (good water pressure, but some chipping in the tub), L Occitane products, shelves to put toiletries, blow dryer. The wireless internet was decent, but requires sign on every time you haven't used it for awhile. The AC kept the room cool, but turns off once it reaches the set temperature and turns back on when it dips, so it's turning on and off during the night while you are sleeping. My room faced the light rail outside, which seemed to run pretty early in the morning, and although it's not too loud, if you are a light sleeper, the rumbling may wake you up. The lobby area included an area with computers and desks, so a nice place to do some work if you don't want to be in your room. The fitness area was decent - 2 treadmills, 1 bike, 1 elliptical, various free weights, as well as 2 universal machines that work lower and upper body. There are 2 TVs, water cooler and towels there as well. Pros: Location, comprehensive fitness room, comfortable bedroom, nice shampoo/conditioner, free wifi Cons: Worn/dated furnishings, somewhat loud in room, no choice in parking car
2 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great Hotel, beware the smell"
My stay at the St Claire was overall great. The room is spacious, the beds are comfortable, and the location is fantastic. The only issue I take is the smell in the lobby. It has a smell of some kind of mildew that bugged me every time I walked in or out. Also, I wish they had more of a selection at the convenience shop, I had to go across the street to get a Red Bull. However, if you're looking for a nice room in a great location, the St Claire is a good fit.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Shawn
"Wonderful"
Our stay here was perfect. I would not have chosen a different hotel for my romantic getaway for the night.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Kate
"Good Experience"
Good hotel in a great location. Walking distance to everything you'd need. Also, a great gym in the basement. Staff was excellent as well. Very accommodating.
3 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
Geoff
"Nice hotel but needs remodeling"
Hotel has character and great location. Rooms scream the need for a make-up as they are old fashioned. I liked the unique architecture but the hotel needs new carpets and a fresh up.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Ed
"Mixed feelings"
The main downturn on this hotel for us was that it was very noisy. First of all, our room was on the street side where there's a mixed traffic of light rail and cars : you could feel the light rail passing by each and every time. Second, the hotel (as most of Downtown San Jose) is on the path of all airplanes taking off and landing at the San Jose airport. Thirdly, there were renovations happening (August 2014) during our stay, so there were disturbances during daytime. Also, the service at the reception was quite unfriendly when we arrived and when I asked to delay the check out by 30 minutes on our leaving day (due to the finishing time of the conference we were here for). However, the bathroom was very nice (on the kitsch side but still nice): cool "Italian" design, lots of pressure in the shower, and L'Occitane shower products. The room was quite comfortable and more modern than the rest of the hotel. Also, we highly recommend the restaurant Il Fornaio, which is inside the hotel: the food quality was excellent throughout the 3 dinners we spent there, and definitely much better than anything else we tried in the downtown San Jose area.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Don't spend your money here"
Customer service manager arrogant, rude and disrespectful. Hotel haunted.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
Sam
"Not as nice as expected"
For such a 'classic' hotel, I expected more. The rooms are okay, but awkwardly cramped, with old furniture that wasn't functional when it was new. The bathrooms are tiny, and even a bit shabby when you look closely. Don't bother trying to find a good cup of coffee here: walk across Market St to the Marriott, where they have a Starbucks in the lobby, which opens at 6:00a. And, beware the room service prices, a 12.99 pizza and a bottle of water will cost you over $35 after all the fees and tips are on the bill: and that's no joke. The bright spot here is the people: the service is very good here, and most of the staff are friendly and helpful. Bottom line: I would stay here again if every other place was booked and I really needed a room, but this place doesn't offer enough value on its own to draw me back.
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2014