All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1741 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Ordinary pool
    Decent vibe
    Uncomfortable
I've stayed here almost every time I visit south beach, but unfortunately this visit wasn't the best. But on the plus side finally the pool is renovated
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Great stay at Marseilles!"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Marseilles. The hotel staff was so friendly and accommodating. The pool area was so nice. The back part of the pool area was under construction but it looks like it will be a really cool area when it is done. The beach was a lot closer than I thought it would be. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Miami Beach area. Great location, great food at the hotel, and great drink specials. The only thing I would recommend is having more bartenders at the bar for the happy hour!
Response by Marseilles Hotel
Thank You for the kind words about our staff, pool and excellent central location in Miami's South Beach. Just steps to the beach, convention center and great places for fun and dining. It is always a pleasure seeing that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. We can't wait to have you visit us soon and enjoy all that we have to offer.
3 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
"Do not stay!!!!"
The hotel staff was NOT the friendliest. The room AC was broke and we called several times and they didnt seem to care. Nobody ever cleaned our room the 3 days we were there (we called and requested it several times). We had to ask 2 different times for towels. The final day we saw a roach in our room. We informed the front desk when we checked out and they didnt seem to care. I would never suggest anyone stay here!!! Horrible experience and horrible customer service.
Response by Marseilles Hotel
Thank you for your time to post the review. Foremost, I want to apologize that your described stay was anything but perfect. Comfort, cleanliness and guest service is our highest priority and concern with every guest, every time. We have attentive staff and management ready to respond day and night. Thank you for writing as it provides us with feedback and I wish you a better stay in Miami Beach in the future.
3 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Everything was perfect.....not one complaint....i do want to thank mike at the pool.....he made 5 days by the pool special with all his attention
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
mario
"Nice hotel on the beach"
We enjoyed our stay. Loved the location. Hotel staff friendly. We loved the Complimentary beach umbrella and lounge on offer. Happy hour drinks is great . We were there as family. Saw other families around as well. Restaurant has kids meals and yummy deserts.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Nice Stay"
The hotel is much nicer than it appears. It is in walking distance of everything and a short uber ride to everything else. The hotel is quiet and the $1 1hr happy hour is brilliant. I would stay here again!
Response by Marseilles Hotel
Thank You for your kind review. We are pleased to see that your stay was enjoyable. Indeed, our happy hour is a great way to start the evening here at the heart of South Beach. We hope you will visit us soon.
3 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Shaun
"Mildew bathroom"
No direct acces to the beach. Rooms very small, no fan in bathroom so it's musty and mildew. Hour wait for chicken fingers. Pool was closed. Upon learning overheard a conversation that the pool and exercise room in the hotel next door could be used. We were there for three days and no one told us that. Would never come back.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Nice hotel - great location on the beach"
Nice hotel. Good room for the price -- the pool was under construction (April 2015) so it was kind of a drag not having that available to us. When it's done it will be BEAUTIFUL. Fantastic location. On the beach. Next to Lincoln Mall Road and all the shopping in the high-rent area next to all the super luxury hotels. The sister hotel, the Dorchester, is across the street so we were able to use their pool. Also a cute hotel.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Good choice!"
The hotel was in a very good location. The room was clean and the staff was really kind. Unfortunally the parking is expensive $35 per day. They have a happy hour for one hour and the drinks are free!!!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
good
"Not the best option"
It was a bad experience all around, mainly with the staff. Pool was closed all week and wifi rarely ever worked. Restaurant food was bad, slow and expensive. Not worth it. The only positive is that the rooms were big and clean.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Alex
"Not a good value"
Not worth the price
3 night trip Mar 27, 2015
"Marseilles Hotel"
Arrive at 12:30 hoping for early check in. Was told to come back at 1 to check in. Arrive back at 2:15 and was rudely told there are no rooms available. The gentleman started typing in the computer and checked me into a hotel without further delay, therefore he was lying. Room was hot, AC didn't seem to work. Called the front desk regarding it and they said they would send someone up immediately. No one ever showed.
1 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2015
Zachary
"Crappy hotel close to beach"
Very dirty and boring. When I was there the whole back area (pool, pool bar, lounge area, beach access) was closed off, but their prices still stayed the same.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Roberto
"Overall not too bad"
The room was clean an we had a nice view but could hear the people in the room next door and te pool was under construction while we were there. Not a bad experience but wasn't overly impressive either.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Stay somewhere else!"
This hotel is absolutely awful, the only thing that is attractive about staying there is the location. The AC was broken, we called several times and nothing got done. Hotel staff accused us of somehow opening the sealed window in the bathroom to spray the outside of the building with water. All in all just a terrible experience, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2015
"older/great location/pool unavailable/hidden fees"
It's a great location if you are just looking for a place to stay near a lot of great hotels and shopping. Hotels.com didn't say that this hotel had its pool area closed due to a rebuild and NO access directly to the beach. Very loud doors made it difficult to sleep but a little tissue in my ears made it better:) also, there was an additional "resort" fee of $10 per day that wasn't listed on hotels.com. Hidden, surprise fees are never a plus.
3 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
Elena
"Miami Southbeach"
This was my first visit to the Miami Southbeach area and it was NOT a pleasant experience. The experience at the hotel, ruined it. Knowing that parking was going to be an issue, I specifically looked for a hotel with parking. Don't offer it and then say you don't have it or better yet.....give me the option to reserve ahead of time. The best is not getting the room I RESERVED AND PAID FOR and then get an attitude from the desk manager that they don't have another room....REALLY!!!!! The hidden fees were ridiculous. Don't offer a free Happy hour when you end up paying a resort fee that covers it. Oh and yes you will even pay the resort fee when you can't use the resort because the pool was not in working condition.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"This place is horrible.."
As soon as I checked into this dive I had a feeling it would be horrible, this place looked run down, place wasn't clean, front doors look horrible, lobby looks old and run down, room was small, old,with tacky colors, there is no pool its completly under construction, access to the beach is walking onto the street in a bathing suit, this place should just close and renovate the entire Hotel, I immediately checked out of this dump, stay away. Not worth a penny. Owners seem to be checking people into this dive while they renovate, stay away.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"It was ok."
Impressive lobby. Small room and open bath room. Yes, there is no door lock. Not very good for family.
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
Aung Thura
"Best price for beach and urban proximity."
Great location, accommodations and value. Need to walk around block to beach but great people watching along the way.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Fred
"clean hotel"
Enjoyed our stay. Bathroom was a little too tight difficult to move. Hotel -or add for hotel- must clearly state valet parking is $35.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Disappointment"
The actual hotel was not too bad we are from florida just going to spanish carnival so stayed here. they were under construction in the back so going to the pool was a no and you had to walk around to go to the beach. When we got there it was late and didnt understand why if pd in full there was a $150 deposit. I knew about the daily fees but i guess i missed the $150 in the fine print but the young ladies at check in were extremly rude about it which was very unnessessary.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Keyla
Nice place, walking distance to everything. Friendly staff and good sized rooms. Only problem was that the walls were thin so you could hear any noise on the corridor.
7 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
Kelvin
"Nice hotel, great price!"
Beautiful hotel, right on the beach and in the middle of everything! Shopping stores and restaurants right across the street. Ex: Walgreens, Lincoln Rd Mall, Zara. Parking is not included, but there is a cheaper parking garage on 16th street.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Ruby
Supposed to be on the beach,was not, was misrepresented online,was very disappointed it was our first vacation in 14 years.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"it was ok"
The walls were so thin, I thought there were strangers sharing my room with me! Earplugs help. Cute decor.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Mediocre"
Staff very friendly, no access to the beach due construction work taking place near the pool area, to reach the beach had to go around from street. Towels are old, too small and discoulored, chairs on the beach old, dirty and very uncomfortable. Room was nice, looked just like the pictures, but celaning service very bad, also we had to ask for soap every day, they just wouldn't replenishe it, and towel two days out of four. We had to ask for the second coffee every day, two people in the room only one coffee. We had lunch by the pool once and food was very fresh. Overall it was just ok, they should upgrade to higher standards to be competitive.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Tania
"Worst hotel that was definitely overpriced."
For two days the total cost was $596.00, definitely not worth it! It didn't have that "hotel feeling" at all. They didn't even have continental breakfast in the morning. I traveled with an infant and there were no microwaves in the rooms, therefore every time I had to heat a bottle I had to take it down stairs to the front desk!I had to pay $5.00 per night for a very small refrigerator.Also parking was horrible. The cost to valet (which was really my only option) was $35.00 per night. They tell you to call 20 minutes ahead in order to get your car, but it took them an hour ( blamed it on traffic). I was expecting a beautiful wide view to the ocean but I got a small window to look out. So much for ocean view! I would not recommend any one to stay here and would never book a reservation at this hotel ever again!
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Nice older hotel. We have stayed here a few times and it's always nice. Recently renovated. Our room was upgraded at check in which was great. Comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Marseilles- inconsistent"
Been here several years ago...room great, Eric at poolside...Great, both bartenders Great! Construction and noise in back...still charged daily resort fee...total ripoff! Front desk surly! Unkind as I checked out would have been nice for woman to thank me for staying ... Just glared at me,, poor customer service at front desk! Great location and pool is beautiful though noisy. Happy hour is a great value!
5 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Beth
"Great place to stay in SoBe"
I have been visiting SoBe for 20 years on a regular basis. The Marseilles Hotel is above average for the price. There is a no host gathering in the bar each night. Be aware that area between the pool and the beach is under construction. The pool is open but you have to go on the street to get to the beach. I overheard somebody say it will be finished in April (2015). One thing I noticed is that all of the hotel staff seem eager to help, I spent some time at the pool and in the lobby before going to the airport, I was asked 4-5 time over a several hour timeframe if I needed anything.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Booked room was not available"
We booked a junior suite for five days for our family of 3. We arrived after midnight after a long evening of travel only to discover that our room had been given to another party. We were initially offered an uncleaned room with two double beds. Ultimately, management remedied their error by placing us in a lovely suite in their sister hotel just up the street, The Dorchester Suites.
5 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
david
Great location in relation to the beach and convention center. Hotel was "remodeled" but still shows its age. Accommodations reflect the price of this hotel.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Excellent location, clean hotel, friendly staff, great outdoor bar for people watching all at a reasonable price
"Nice hotel feeling its age but is trying to be new"
Only issue was the beach access. It was advertised to have its own but instead we had to walk around to the street. Gave us complimentary chairs and umbrella which was nice if not for the rudeness of the provider on the beach.Everyone else was very polite and helpful with lots of youthful energy.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Grandvw"
Bathroom in Poor shape
1 night trip Feb 6, 2015
Nice clean room. For some reason room service kept forgetting to give us fresh towels.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Okay for a night or two"
This was a last minute convenient stay. No complaints at all!!
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2015
Leslie
"New pool, weak on hot water."
New pool, weak on hot water. Also began construction early in the morning on other side of bedroom wall. And no one was aware of the construction at front desk.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Great accommodations and close to everything."
We had to book the hotel last minute and enjoyed the accommodations. Staff was great and nice outdoor restaurant and in door bar area was cool.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Eddy B
great location! very nice, friendly and comfortable enviornment. pool was ready & promised to be open on the day it was scheduled, complimentary water was giving by the pool.. happy hour was great only $1 from 7-8pm and that was for the TIP ONLY!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
jo
"The Expedia review was untrue"
When we arrived at the hotel, we found there was no pool although one was advertised. There was no patio overlooking the beach and no beach access as promised. We were flabbergasted.. The staff took no responsiblity for the misleading description and blamed Expedia for the shortcomings. They offered nothing, said we would have to take up any problems with Expedia. Expedia agreed to cancel, but we were forced to agree to spend one night at the hotel, and then we were on our own about finding another place to stay
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Pool under renovation."
Great location. Otherwise, didn't have any reason to spend time at hotel. Pool and beach access was under renovation so you needed to use neighboring hotel to get to beach and pool passes were given. No big deal. Will be nice when construction is.complete.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Pool"
When I booked on hotel.com they told me the pool was open, needless to say I was disappointed.
3 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
susan j
".."
The aircondition wasn't working and had to go to reception 4 times until the afternoon to actually be fixed .
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Anastasios
"Great beach-front location: walking distance!"
You are right on Colllins where all the hot hotels and restaurants are. Walk a few blocks to Ocean drive and Lincoln road to shop and eat and people watch. The rooms are small but updated and clean. Beds were comfy and clean. It's just what you would expect from this caliber hotel which came at a reasonable price considering the fact you get beach chairs and there is a pool as well. The parking is a tad pricey and annoying but no big deal. I'd stay here again
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
cori
"Great location. Clean and comfortable."
The pool is under construction ( dec 2014 ) however, they set us up with pool passes, beach chairs and umbrellas at the hotel next-door which was a comperable hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. No bells and whistles but overall a good experience. 3.5 is a good rating.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
PC
"Resort fee is a joke!"
We booked this hotel based on location, without seeing reviews. Not checking the reviews was a mistake. Pros: Location - on the beach, on Collins and walking distance to Lincoln Road Mall. Rooms were spacious. Cons: Resort fee of $15 per day. Pool and Beach access under repair! Parts of hotel under repair. Noise in hallways easily herd through the door. No assistance with bags at arrival or departure. Advised of pool and beach access issue after we had signed and completed check-in process. Happy hour for 2 of the 3 night stay was at a sister hotel (Dorchester) down the street. In our opinion, the resort fee is a joke! No pool at the hotel (have to use the South Seas next door), No beach access (have to exit the hotel at the front and have to walk through the South Seas next door) and for the happy hour we had to walk to another hotel (Dorchester) to get the free drinks. Would we stay here again? No!
3 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Andrien
"Great location!"
Great hotel for the price! The pool and beach access was under construction, but it wasn't a hassle to go next door. The beach area was great! The padded chairs, umbrellas and drinks were great for relaxing. Walking distance to plenty on night life, stores and nightlife. The hotel is a great budget alternative to the fancy hotels around it!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Bare minimum"
If you are just looking for a place to sleep then this is a good option. Don't expect anything other than a bed and towels. No water, tea, or anything complimentary. No parking. I learned a lot from this trip. Watch out for other fees that aren't included in the total costs.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014