All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1850 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Awsome , top location"
excellent stay at Dorchester Hotel
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Dear Jakub, Thank you for choosing Dorchester Hotel South Beach. Nothing makes us happier than to see our guests having an awesome time. We hope you'll come see us again.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Jakub
"Noisy but good priced option for Miami beach"
Great but noisy location , in desperate need of new Windows!Also the pool has way too much chlorine in it.Very nice to be able to use a neighborhood hotels amnesties in the beach.Very close to mall street an beach.Perfect for party and younger folks
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for choosing the Dorchester Hotel and Suites South Beach. Being in the prime South Beach location the nightlife and traffic can get a bit overwhelming however our goal is for all our guests to find a restful stay with us. There will be many improvements and changes coming to our property in the future, so keep us in mind for your next vacation.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Gabriele
"small rooms"
bathrooms are small and no counter top space
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. As far as the bathroom design, being that the hotel building is a Art-deco historical building there are limitations by the City to what can be changed from architectural point even to the bathroom detail. There might be some changes however in the near future that also have to be approved by the City. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll come by to see us on your next travels to South Beach.
3 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2015
JOHN
"Poor Management Customer Service!!"
From my arrival at the Dorchester Suites I was disappointed.. I reserved a suite with two double beds. I was informed by Front Desk that because I booked thru Hotels or Expedia that my room type wasnt guarateed. I was offered a rollaway but it didn't show up until 3rd night. The AC wasn't working so I requested several times that it be fixed but noone came to check on it. There was no hot water every morning. I requested a manager but was told the manager was at their sister hotel Marsellus and would call me. On the third day, I had to walk to the sister property to find the manager sitting at the bar smoking a cigarette because she hadn't called. I explained my concerns, she apologized and assured me that she would get the AC fixed and a rollaway bed asap. She also said she would leave a note at front desk to remove some fees for the confusion. When I returned to hotel the AC was fixed, rollaway bed was there and $15 was removed from my bill.. ONE DAY RESORT FEE?!?!? I asked to speak with a manager again because I felt that wasn't enough but noone contacted me again so upon checkout I explained I needed a manager to fix my bill. I had to wait for over an hour for the manager to finally come from other property to remove one nights stay and all resort fees.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apology for disappointments that you’ve experienced during your stay. We strive to make everyone's stay comfortable, uncomplicated and memorable. I regret to see that we didn't meet our goal with your stay and did not meet your expectations. There are different managers that can be on duty at any given time however none of them smoke. We are glad to see that we were able to compensate you for the inconveniences mentioned and wish you a better stay on your future travels.
4 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
It was a beautiful place & Erasmus ( sp?) who works there was INCREDIBLE & helpful. My only complaint was at night we had some very loud partiers outside & it was obnoxious for my children!:(
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. I will personally make sure that your kind words about our helpful bellmen will be passed on to him. Please accept my apology if there was any disturbance at night. We take any noise issues very seriously and have overnight security enforcing this. We hope that your stay overall was enjoyable and that we will see you again.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Hillary
"perfect"
beautiful suite, so clean, updated. everything was perfect.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your superb comments! It brings us all great pleasure to see that you've enjoyed your stay so much. It is truly gratifying to see that sometimes all things can be perfect in an imperfect world. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2015
Laura Perez
"my hotel review of Miami Dorchester"
Hotel was prime location. Felt like a costa rica getaway type landscape. Directly in front of beach. Room was very clean and smelled clean as well. Cynthia was front desk for hotel at the time of check in and she was 5 star. She had a class about her that made you feel at home. I would stay again and I'm beyond picky regarding hospitality. For the dollar, it holds its value well
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for writing and mentioning our prime location, cleanliness, and of course the 5 star customer service provided by Cynthia. I am glad that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable, and that you felt that your stay was a good value. We look forward seeing you when you visit Miami Beach again.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Matthew
"Employees are rude"
Not impressed with the employees who work there, very rude.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for providing your feedback. I wish however it would be provided in greater detail so that we would be aware any described situation you were referring to, or better yet if you would have brought up any concerns to management so that we could have made everything right. We are truly blessed to have the caring and attentive staff that work with us for many years.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"South Beach 1 nighter"
Bath needs remodeling or major cleaning. No place to put things in the bath.The room definitely in need of painting. And what is the deal with a $15.00 resort fee for that place???? Was not aware there would be a resort fee. PROS: good location. If going back to South Beach would try somewhere else.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your time to post the review. I understand that despite being a standard for nearly all hotels in Miami Beach, many guests are not fans of the resort fee, or get to utilize all it has to offer. While we didn’t start the trend, we are absolutely committed to making our resort fee an exceptional value for our guests. Included in this small 15 dollar fee is not only the beach lounges and umbrella but wireless high speed internet access, unlimited house cocktails for just a 1 dollar tip during our nightly happy hour, unlimited local calls, and use of our guest computer and printer, making this a sixty dollar value daily. We hope you visit us in your future travels, and thank you for staying with us.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
paul
"Good sleep"
It was nice
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank You for your review. We are committed to provide excellent service for our guests. We are glad you had a restful stay and hope you will visit us again soon. Best Regards.
1 night family trip May 12, 2015
Elísabet Ósk
"Nice for the Price"
When we first arrived we were given a garden level room. It was nothing like the photo. Flat matted carpeting, no decor, the bathroom looked like a gas station bathroom. When I went to speak to the front desk, there was no hesitation to look at another room- they were clearly not surprised. The second room was a replica of the photo online, very comfortable, and simple clean decor. Cleanliness was something else. The bathroom had hair in the tub and the tub's floor was stained with dirt from lack of proper cleaning. When we left the sign for housekeeping the covers were tossed back on the bed without the sheets being reset. You could see the gathers of where they were bunched underneath. Only part of the towels were replaced and we had to keep calling for more. We went to the buffet only the first day, the continental breakfast was not included as advertised, and the "machine" was not working as the attendant said to take charge cards, and she gave us a flat rate of $18.50 cash although it was supposed to be $15.00. The machine was still not working 4 days later when we went for coffee. It wasn't a bad hotel, but it was minimal at best. When I'm on vacation I expect to feel relaxed and taken care of. I would probably recommend this for a quick business trip, or someone who wants to be close enough to everything on a budget.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your review. I have addressed the mentioned comments to our Housekeeping department and breakfast staff. I am sorry your stay was interrupted by a room move and I am glad to see that the friendly front desk staff was able to offer a different room. To be environmentally conscious, only towels that need replacement or are on the floor would be replaced. I wish that any concerns would have been brought up to our attention immediately so that we could make everything right. Our dedicated staff strives to do just that; have the guest relaxed and taken care of. Should you visit us in the future I am sure you will get the room and care that you deserve.
3 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Priscilla
"south beach cute hotel"
The bathroom was really small, but the room was large. We had a first floor room along the street--really loud at night. The inner rooms along the fountain looked like they would be quieter, but we had a nice time and the breakfasts are very good.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for writing and for your kind review. I apologize for the outdoor noise.. Our location close to the beach, cafes, restaurants and nightlife can have the streets buzzing and those noises can get a little louder. Right, the breakfast is great! They serve the best croissants that I've ever tasted. I am glad you were able to enjoy the stay with us and we would love to welcome you back on your future travels.
2 night business trip May 7, 2015
joan
"Quick trip to Miami"
Second time staying at the Dorchester Hotel. Plasant stay, quiet relaxing atmosphere. Only suggestion is to make the lobby and front entrance brighter at night. I know South Beach is all about "chick" interior design but somepeople (like me) have eye problems and dark places make it hard to see. Parking area is too small but then in S. Beach it is a luxury. Remember hotels are in the hospitality business, and should accommodate to most circunstances. Otherwise I would choose the Dorchester for my next trip.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Dear Carlos, Thank you for the review and your valuable feedback. Indeed having an entire parking lot in South Beach is a huge privilege. We go above and beyond when we try to accommodate our parking guests; most nights the parking is taken up to maximum capacity that there is no empty space left. Thank you for choosing the Dorchester Hotel, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Carlos
"Nice hotel confi"
Beautiful experience , I recommend to all family ,. Because is in the midle of sow beach and the people there is very friendly
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback. We will be delighted to have you visit us again.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
george mateo
"Fun place to stay!!"
This hotel wasn't the cleanest nor was it dirty but all of the activities and extras keep you entertained ... I'd stay againj
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your comments and a valuable feedback. Cleanliness and guest service is our top priority. We hope we can welcome you back soon.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
sunnie
"better for late 20 year olds and over"
great location for a quieter time - better for late 20 year olds and over
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank You for the kind review. Yes, we are in a great location with exciting nightlife, as well as relaxing lounges and restaurants close by. Many guests and families with children enjoy their vacations with us. we hope to welcome you back soon.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
erin
"ENJOYED THE STAY"
Room was fine towards back of hotel away from Collins....Pulled up to hotel around 10:00am and could not check in but they allowed me to park and use the beach chairs/umbrellas....So no issues and would certainly use them again if in the area...
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to see that our staff was accommodating. We hope you will visit us again right here in our exciting South Beach location.
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
AL
"I recommended this hotel ;))"
Everything was ok.I recommended this hotel. Clean daily,warm pool,nice and friendly staff,good location,my kids was happy.Thank you.g
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for writing. Seeing our guests happy is our mission. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay here at the heart of South Beach and hope to see you again soon.
6 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
TETYANA
"Makes extended stay nice."
Quiet at night. Cleanliness very nice. Nice pool. Easy beach access & they will provide lounge chairs & beach umbrella at no additional cost.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you kindly for your review. We are happy to see that you've had a relaxing stay with us. We thank you for choosing Dorchester Hotel South Beach and hope to welcome you again soon.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Location"
Great location, lots of children-a family friendly hotel. A little dingy, broken furniture in room,very relaxed. Had to complain about noise. Friendly staff. Pool and beach access good. Public transportation good.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
AR
"Decent hotel for the price"
The hotel was nice. They have a small bar and restaurant on the premises which is convenient. They also have a pool and it is two block away from the beach. The hotel provides you with vouchers for beach chairs and towels for the beach which is really convenient. The only downside to our stay was that the bathroom was dirty. Also, one of the porters gave us a hard time about storing our luggage. He even hinted that we tip him immediately since he wasn't going to be there in the afternoon when we picked up our luggage.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Nessa
"Hotel"
The hotel was really nice. But we had no hot water, and after they came to fix it our sink did not work. The only discount we got was them not charging us the daily resort fee.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
McKenzie
"llittle disappointed"
To start, the hotel appearance is totally different then the picture submitted to the Hotel.com site.The room was spacious,and the bed comfortable but the bathroom was outdated and the shower barely got luke warm water.The fridge didn't keep our drinks very cold at all.Our window view was completely blocked by a big tree in the courtyard.The location of this hotel was the best thing about it. There was a small walk to the shopping area, beach and the nightlife.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your review. I wish everyone could get their desired view, but sometimes the room choice is simply based on what is reserved and available. I hope seeing a beautiful majestic green ficus tree wasn’t so bad.. It does provide a large portion of our courtyard with a nice cool shade. Thank you for writing, as your review will provide a valuable feedback and I hope you will include us in your future travel plans.
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Clean"
Great all around except,there is nothing on premises.they only serve breakfast.Nowhere to purchase any kind of snack lunch or dinner.the bar is extremely small and dingy,they have a nice spot to add on a tiki bar too.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
B
"wont stay here again"
The night staff person didn't even greet us or say anything while we just stood there waiting for him the complete some paperwork, like 10 minutes. The checked us in, then to my surprise we were charged 30 dollars for parking, then an additional 15 dollars for a resort fee, so I was totally caught of guard by the extra hidden fees, will not be staying here any more, or will I recommend anyone to stay at this place.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Great location, very friendly staff and clean facilities.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Jose
"They charge for services that you don't use."
Sone of their staff are very rude, over charged, I don't mind to pay for what I ordered,
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Liz
"Never again!"
The hotel seems pleasant enough on the outside, but once you step into the halls you are hit with a very strong musty odor that permeates all the rooms. All the carpets reek and the rooms stink of sewage. Yuck! Never again!
4 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2015
"Vacation"
Front desk employee gave me bad service and he never look at my face or eyes when I made the check in. They has no parking available. I drove for 3 hours and when I came the hotel I reveived bad service. Bad experience I don't recomend.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
kev
"A girls trip"
My stay at the Dorchester was ok... Pool was nice didn't mind going there everyday.. Its right on Collins where everything is.... Couple blocks away from ocean drive.. If I ever go to Miami again I would stay I. The Dorchester hotel again
3 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Chantel
"Great times!"
SRING Breakers will enjoy this place. Happy hour was great! And all of the staff was very helpful and nice.
4 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
gadwin
"Excellent hotel near to Lincoln Road and the beach"
I really recommend Dorchester Hotel, we had a very good experience, the suites are spacious, clean, comfortable. The staff is very kind. Also, is near to Lincoln Road so you can walk, eat, enjoy without worries and also is near to the beach, so, only enjoy :)
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"it's okay"
it's okay.. The location is fantastic but the hotel is not
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Best location close to Convention Center"
We needed a hotel at walking distance to the Convention Center and this was great choice
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
froi
"3 college girls on spring break"
Two of my friends and I went to stay here for a few days over spring break. None of us had ever been to Miami before, but the Dorchester was very inviting and in a good neighborhood. Stray a few blocks tho and it doesn't feel too friendly. The amenities were great. Loved having the 2 chairs on the beach and the staff was fantastic! They even slipped us extra passes since there were three of us and each pass only covers 2 chairs and an umbrella.
2 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015
"hidden gem"
we wanted a nice spot walking distance from the beach and from my experience that either means expensive resort or slum motel by the beach. this hotel was actually nice! very affordable and only 2 blocks from everything we wanted only one block from the beach though. we were tricked by the "free" drinks because of the mandatory $1 tip per drink but still only $1
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Family mini-vacation"
Just spent the one day at the Dorchester. Enjoyed it very much, location was great, shopping, beach access. Although we checked out at noon, we were able to continue parking until we left at 3 PM. Even though we had to pay for parking, it was well worth it, absolutely no parking anywhere. Would stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Spring break"
We had a pretty decent stay. Though expensive (location, location, location) we had a good time at Dorchester overall and I'd recommend it to others.
2 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Bachelorette Extravaganza"
I was hosting a bachelorette party and got one suite and one double room, it was perfect! Everyone had a blast and the happy hour at the hotel bar was a great place to congregate.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Alise
"Poor room quality and mediocre service"
We were put in a room to the main street which was very noisy and we could not find sleep. The room was not in a good condition. Especially the bathroom was a bit shabby. The quality of room and service was not appropriate for the price charge. I do not recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Friedemann
"Nothing crazy good for few nights only"
I went with my family was five of us pictures made it look super nice in person rooms were really small we had two double beds and we barely fit very clean tho if it just two people I recommend it if it more get a suite from them the suites are way better and what I didn't like the most was the pool it was pretty small compared to the pictures and you have to walk up the block to cross the street to get to the beach for the price it cheap but you pay extra for parking and hotel resort fee so might well go to a expensive crazy hotel that has everything that won't charge extras and would come up same amount you pay here with extras
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
rubyy
"Wonderful staff!"
Got stranded in Miami and had to find accomodations quickly. Went for Dorchester on Expedia based on their photos of clean, modern rooms. Were surprised by the outside appearance of the hotel (not that well maintained), but loved the courtyard (very lush and inviting). We stayed in a suit and loved how spacious and comfortable it was. Bathroom could use some updating (couple of tiles broken, dated bathtub). What puts this property high on our list is the service we received. Everyone at the hotel was exceptionaly kind, accomodating and made sure they went out of their way to make our stay in Miami wonderful. Another plus, great location! Walking distance to all the great restaurants and shopping.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel staff. I'm happy to hear you liked your apartment suite and the convenience of having all the Miami Beach hot spots steps away. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next time you're in Miami Beach. Warm regards, Chris Gorgoni - Director of Operations
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"It was what I could find available at the time."
Didn't really explore the hotel, Only used it to sleep in the bed.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Perfect location!"
Hotel is no frills but certainly clean and comfortable. The location can't be beat and we got a good price for the area. Would book again!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Angie
"One of the best in South Beach"
Perfect Location for South Beach. Not on the beach but the on site parking makes it easy.
"Safe and clean"
Stayed two nights with two nine year olds before going on a cruise. Hotel is safe and clean, easy access to the beach. Staff was helpful, held our bags aside on last day so we could have more beach time. Somewhat noisy but I see this in the hotels on S Beach. I would recc this hotel to others. Wish there was a coffee maker in the room, or complimentary coffee in lobby.
2 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
"Don't."
Wouldn't stay here again. The hotel is as crappy looking on the inside as it is on the outside. They have a good breakfast buffet and thats about it. The room was TINY barely fit 4 people. It had a weird stench that never went away. The air condition is a small little thing plugged under the window. The bathroom is the smallest and ugliest thing ever. Doesn't even have a counter to put your supplies on. The walls are cracking and things are rusted. We had to repeatedly call the front desk to get the towels, etc that we wanted. Overall. The stay here sucked. And not worth the money we paid.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Meh"
Parking was extremely tight, very limited for the extra $29/day fee, and front desk managed to assign me to a room that was already occupied. Very awkward! For all the inconveniences, I was a bit disappointed that their continental breakfast wasn't included. Good place to leave your luggage, though, which is exactly what it was used for. The best part about this hotel is the location, but to be completely honest, I found out that much nicer hotels were available if you coughed up an extra 20 bucks a night.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
JW
"Nice hotel for short stay"
The location of the hotel is great. I did an overnight stay but would not recommend for a short stay but not long term. The building is historical and old but pleasant. My room was near the street and the windows were old so all sounds of Miami Beach night life and traffic could be heard. Other than that the room was very clean and comfortable for me.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Rochelle
"not worth it"
mandatory fees ought to be included in the price advertised. my room cost $47.00 more than advertised. For the extra money, I could have had a much nicer hotel
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Dear Guest, We apologize if our resort fee took you by surprise, but they are clearly published on Hotels.com in the "Dorchester Hotel’s small print" section under "mandatory fees" and on our own website. The great majority of hotels in South Beach have resort fees; it's a standard for this area. You would have encountered them almost anywhere else. And while nobody likes fees, we're committed to making the resort fee an EXCELLENT value for our guests. For $15 per night, guests receive: two beach loungers and an umbrella for each day of their stay, wifi access, access to the business center, free local calls, and unlimited $1 cocktails from 7pm to 8pm every day. If have just one drink during happy hour, the package represents a $50 value-- the best on South Beach. Again, I'm sorry you were unaware of the resort fee before arrival. We always work hard to ensure they are published on booking sites and our website so guests are aware ahead of time. Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Regards, Chris Gorgoni - Director of Operations
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015