All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1850 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good sleep"
It was nice
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank You for your review. We are committed to provide excellent service for our guests. We are glad you had a restful stay and hope you will visit us again soon. Best Regards.
1 night family trip May 12, 2015
Elísabet Ósk
"Nice for the Price"
When we first arrived we were given a garden level room. It was nothing like the photo. Flat matted carpeting, no decor, the bathroom looked like a gas station bathroom. When I went to speak to the front desk, there was no hesitation to look at another room- they were clearly not surprised. The second room was a replica of the photo online, very comfortable, and simple clean decor. Cleanliness was something else. The bathroom had hair in the tub and the tub's floor was stained with dirt from lack of proper cleaning. When we left the sign for housekeeping the covers were tossed back on the bed without the sheets being reset. You could see the gathers of where they were bunched underneath. Only part of the towels were replaced and we had to keep calling for more. We went to the buffet only the first day, the continental breakfast was not included as advertised, and the "machine" was not working as the attendant said to take charge cards, and she gave us a flat rate of $18.50 cash although it was supposed to be $15.00. The machine was still not working 4 days later when we went for coffee. It wasn't a bad hotel, but it was minimal at best. When I'm on vacation I expect to feel relaxed and taken care of. I would probably recommend this for a quick business trip, or someone who wants to be close enough to everything on a budget.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your review. I have addressed the mentioned comments to our Housekeeping department and breakfast staff. I am sorry your stay was interrupted by a room move and I am glad to see that the friendly front desk staff was able to offer a different room. To be environmentally conscious, only towels that need replacement or are on the floor would be replaced. I wish that any concerns would have been brought up to our attention immediately so that we could make everything right. Our dedicated staff strives to do just that; have the guest relaxed and taken care of. Should you visit us in the future I am sure you will get the room and care that you deserve.
3 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Priscilla
"south beach cute hotel"
The bathroom was really small, but the room was large. We had a first floor room along the street--really loud at night. The inner rooms along the fountain looked like they would be quieter, but we had a nice time and the breakfasts are very good.
2 night business trip May 7, 2015
joan
"Quick trip to Miami"
Second time staying at the Dorchester Hotel. Plasant stay, quiet relaxing atmosphere. Only suggestion is to make the lobby and front entrance brighter at night. I know South Beach is all about "chick" interior design but somepeople (like me) have eye problems and dark places make it hard to see. Parking area is too small but then in S. Beach it is a luxury. Remember hotels are in the hospitality business, and should accommodate to most circunstances. Otherwise I would choose the Dorchester for my next trip.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Dear Carlos, Thank you for the review and your valuable feedback. Indeed having an entire parking lot in South Beach is a huge privilege. We go above and beyond when we try to accommodate our parking guests; most nights the parking is taken up to maximum capacity that there is no empty space left. Thank you for choosing the Dorchester Hotel, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Carlos
"better for late 20 year olds and over"
great location for a quieter time - better for late 20 year olds and over
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank You for the kind review. Yes, we are in a great location with exciting nightlife, as well as relaxing lounges and restaurants close by. Many guests and families with children enjoy their vacations with us. we hope to welcome you back soon.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
erin
"ENJOYED THE STAY"
Room was fine towards back of hotel away from Collins....Pulled up to hotel around 10:00am and could not check in but they allowed me to park and use the beach chairs/umbrellas....So no issues and would certainly use them again if in the area...
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to see that our staff was accommodating. We hope you will visit us again right here in our exciting South Beach location.
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
AL
"I recommended this hotel ;))"
Everything was ok.I recommended this hotel. Clean daily,warm pool,nice and friendly staff,good location,my kids was happy.Thank you.g
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for writing. Seeing our guests happy is our mission. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay here at the heart of South Beach and hope to see you again soon.
6 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
TETYANA
"llittle disappointed"
To start, the hotel appearance is totally different then the picture submitted to the Hotel.com site.The room was spacious,and the bed comfortable but the bathroom was outdated and the shower barely got luke warm water.The fridge didn't keep our drinks very cold at all.Our window view was completely blocked by a big tree in the courtyard.The location of this hotel was the best thing about it. There was a small walk to the shopping area, beach and the nightlife.
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Thank you for your review. I wish everyone could get their desired view, but sometimes the room choice is simply based on what is reserved and available. I hope seeing a beautiful majestic green ficus tree wasn’t so bad.. It does provide a large portion of our courtyard with a nice cool shade. Thank you for writing, as your review will provide a valuable feedback and I hope you will include us in your future travel plans.
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Never again!"
The hotel seems pleasant enough on the outside, but once you step into the halls you are hit with a very strong musty odor that permeates all the rooms. All the carpets reek and the rooms stink of sewage. Yuck! Never again!
4 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2015
"A girls trip"
My stay at the Dorchester was ok... Pool was nice didn't mind going there everyday.. Its right on Collins where everything is.... Couple blocks away from ocean drive.. If I ever go to Miami again I would stay I. The Dorchester hotel again
3 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Chantel
"Great times!"
SRING Breakers will enjoy this place. Happy hour was great! And all of the staff was very helpful and nice.
4 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
gadwin
"3 college girls on spring break"
Two of my friends and I went to stay here for a few days over spring break. None of us had ever been to Miami before, but the Dorchester was very inviting and in a good neighborhood. Stray a few blocks tho and it doesn't feel too friendly. The amenities were great. Loved having the 2 chairs on the beach and the staff was fantastic! They even slipped us extra passes since there were three of us and each pass only covers 2 chairs and an umbrella.
2 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015
"hidden gem"
we wanted a nice spot walking distance from the beach and from my experience that either means expensive resort or slum motel by the beach. this hotel was actually nice! very affordable and only 2 blocks from everything we wanted only one block from the beach though. we were tricked by the "free" drinks because of the mandatory $1 tip per drink but still only $1
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Family mini-vacation"
Just spent the one day at the Dorchester. Enjoyed it very much, location was great, shopping, beach access. Although we checked out at noon, we were able to continue parking until we left at 3 PM. Even though we had to pay for parking, it was well worth it, absolutely no parking anywhere. Would stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Spring break"
We had a pretty decent stay. Though expensive (location, location, location) we had a good time at Dorchester overall and I'd recommend it to others.
2 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Bachelorette Extravaganza"
I was hosting a bachelorette party and got one suite and one double room, it was perfect! Everyone had a blast and the happy hour at the hotel bar was a great place to congregate.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Alise
"Poor room quality and mediocre service"
We were put in a room to the main street which was very noisy and we could not find sleep. The room was not in a good condition. Especially the bathroom was a bit shabby. The quality of room and service was not appropriate for the price charge. I do not recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Friedemann
"It was what I could find available at the time."
Didn't really explore the hotel, Only used it to sleep in the bed.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Perfect location!"
Hotel is no frills but certainly clean and comfortable. The location can't be beat and we got a good price for the area. Would book again!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Angie
"One of the best in South Beach"
Perfect Location for South Beach. Not on the beach but the on site parking makes it easy.
"Safe and clean"
Stayed two nights with two nine year olds before going on a cruise. Hotel is safe and clean, easy access to the beach. Staff was helpful, held our bags aside on last day so we could have more beach time. Somewhat noisy but I see this in the hotels on S Beach. I would recc this hotel to others. Wish there was a coffee maker in the room, or complimentary coffee in lobby.
2 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
"Don't."
Wouldn't stay here again. The hotel is as crappy looking on the inside as it is on the outside. They have a good breakfast buffet and thats about it. The room was TINY barely fit 4 people. It had a weird stench that never went away. The air condition is a small little thing plugged under the window. The bathroom is the smallest and ugliest thing ever. Doesn't even have a counter to put your supplies on. The walls are cracking and things are rusted. We had to repeatedly call the front desk to get the towels, etc that we wanted. Overall. The stay here sucked. And not worth the money we paid.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Meh"
Parking was extremely tight, very limited for the extra $29/day fee, and front desk managed to assign me to a room that was already occupied. Very awkward! For all the inconveniences, I was a bit disappointed that their continental breakfast wasn't included. Good place to leave your luggage, though, which is exactly what it was used for. The best part about this hotel is the location, but to be completely honest, I found out that much nicer hotels were available if you coughed up an extra 20 bucks a night.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
JW
"Nice hotel for short stay"
The location of the hotel is great. I did an overnight stay but would not recommend for a short stay but not long term. The building is historical and old but pleasant. My room was near the street and the windows were old so all sounds of Miami Beach night life and traffic could be heard. Other than that the room was very clean and comfortable for me.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Rochelle
"not worth it"
mandatory fees ought to be included in the price advertised. my room cost $47.00 more than advertised. For the extra money, I could have had a much nicer hotel
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Dear Guest, We apologize if our resort fee took you by surprise, but they are clearly published on Hotels.com in the "Dorchester Hotel’s small print" section under "mandatory fees" and on our own website. The great majority of hotels in South Beach have resort fees; it's a standard for this area. You would have encountered them almost anywhere else. And while nobody likes fees, we're committed to making the resort fee an EXCELLENT value for our guests. For $15 per night, guests receive: two beach loungers and an umbrella for each day of their stay, wifi access, access to the business center, free local calls, and unlimited $1 cocktails from 7pm to 8pm every day. If have just one drink during happy hour, the package represents a $50 value-- the best on South Beach. Again, I'm sorry you were unaware of the resort fee before arrival. We always work hard to ensure they are published on booking sites and our website so guests are aware ahead of time. Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Regards, Chris Gorgoni - Director of Operations
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
edward
"Overpriced"
This hotel location is good for whoever wants to be in the heart of south beach but the rate is outrageous for the quality of the place. Rooms need a good refreshment, they are noisy and very basic. Staff is nice even tho I had to wait every single time to have some help at the front desk. Parking is too small and if you don't book your spot in the AM you have to park somewhere else in a public space.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
anna
Asked for quite room and got a beautiful suite, even that I paid for regular room, service was amazing
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"Overpriced"
Terrible service despite a high price
4 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
"Decent but somewhat "hidden" costs"
Quaint boutique hotel in an area close to many things. $30 for parking seemed exhorbitant + a mandatory $15 "resort fee" even though I wasn't using the "resort" faculities inflated the room price by ~$48 after taxes which effectively added 30% to the room cost. There were a few issues with the bathroom that I felt it would've been nice to offer a discount as a matter of recognizing the inconvenience but that didn't appear to occur to the desk staff. All in all a decent place.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good for the price in this area."
This old hotel was clean & freshly decorated. Was fine for us for one night stay.
1 night family trip Jan 26, 2015
"Happy"
Very good
2 night family trip Jan 20, 2015
luis
"Huge suites"
Suites are a great value. Old rooms but great location.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Cute hotel near everything"
I was able to check in about two hours early. It was a surprise to find that the suite was basically a small apartment. I was supposed to get a queen bed but ended up with two doubles. Regardless the room was fine. Nearby many restaurants and bars and beach. The pool was a nice place to hang out after the sun went down esp since it was heated. It was a very relaxing solo vacation.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Vicky
"Was a nice hotel, now needs renovation"
Great location, good price, go with this hotel if there are no other options in your price range.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Brad
"Nice hotel close to the beach and bars."
It was a good experience in Miami beach. The people from the hotel was really nice. The guy from the desk-entrance was really nice. There is a white chick, who's bartender in the hotel bar who would tell you where to go if you dont know the place and dont know what to do. I didnt go to the pool but at least the room was clean and pleasant. Never tried the food from the hotel so i dont know what's it is like. But, definitely i would come back.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Juan
Stayed for 2 nights and was very pleased. I had a free room upgrade upon arrival and ended up in a suite with a separate bedroom, living, dining area. Very clean and simple. The only negatives is that during booking all fees were not included. Not a huge factor but it should be disclosed in the beginning of booking and not when you check in/check out. The other negative for me is location, although not far from the restaurants/bars on Ocean Drive, I'm used to and prefer to be around 6th-10th street of Ocean or Collins rather than 18th where this hotel is located. But at the end of the day I would recommend.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Ry
"Hotel before a cruise"
Stayed at this hotel a day before a cruise. Arrived at the hotel around 11am and eventhoug the checking time is not until 3pm or 4 pm they accomodated us which was very convinient. The room was very specious and is two blocks from the beach and about 5 blocks from the Lincoln Place Mall. Good location, good price, decent stay.
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
"Close to beach."
Staff was a joke...front desk was very shady. Just convenient for parking and the beach. Don't expect anything more.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Nice hotel right in the middle of the action"
Very friendly and helpful staff, efficient and fast check-in, price/value ratio is very good. Unfortunately we only stayed one night and they gave us a room on the first floor right on Collins Avenue. Due to the noise on the street until 6 a.m. we weren't able to sleep. Make sure when you stay there to make a reservation for a room as far away as possible from Collins Avenue.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Herb
"Dorechester in South Beach"
I was surprised the room was so small but it was OK...didn't spend much time there. It was clean and the front desk people was really nice!
2 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
"Wish it was better!"
Upon arriving, there was a line to check in but they got me all set up without a long wait. I was able to park my car there in the hotel lot, prior to my check in time. That was a big help! I stopped by the "happy hour" after work and asked for a glass of wine. The bartender stated that they only served rum and cokes. After getting to my room, I realized I had not received wifi instructions. I called the front desk to ask and he said I could come down and get instructions. Not ideal. The shower had hair in it from a previous guest and the windows did not close all the way. My room was on a side street on the second floor and was extremely loud throughout the night. The room itself was a nice space and I loved the outside courtyard and pool. Beyond that, I would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"An OK Hotel"
The hotel is well located at the northern section of the South Beach -- a popular and busy area. Our room was located on the ground floor beside the hotel courtyard and was noisy until the wee hours -- people were talking loudly just outside our windows. I would suggest asking for a room on the other side of the building (not the courtyard side) if possible. We were given passes to the beach club (which allowed us the use of beach chairs and umbrella) which we neither wanted or used -- but, upon check out we found we were charged $15 per day for these. When questioning this on the bill, we were told it is required and not optional. This is just another way to increase the bill. The breakfast was very poor and expensive -- but everything was expensive.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
June
"mold in the bathroom/no working cable"
ok....cable was analog not working, mold in bathroom. breakfast was cold eggs. bed uncomfortable service was ok...
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
gary
"Nasty place!!"
the only somewhat good thing about this hotel is the location.the room was nasty it smelled like urine and there were stains on the sheets.when we told the front desk to change the sheets they sent someone who just gave the sheets to me and told me to change the sheets!!!! Do not go there !!!
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
jacob
"A Good Deal"
My only gripe was that the air-conditioner didn't function properly.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"False advertisement"
There's no business center just a computer on a table in the middle of the lobby. The fitness room is a small room with broken rusty equipment. The continental breakfast was $14 and the bar rail drinks were over $14 also. Overall not worth the money.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Cindy
"Unpleasant but clean"
Hotel was clean and decent, but old. room was newly renovated, nice beds hard wood floor. However, be careful when you travel with lol girls or wife. I was out jogging and suddenly got a call from my wife saying that some guy in a uniform entered door after couple knocks saying something other than English while my wife was completely naked, she screamed and he left. I complained to the hotel room service and the at the front. The hotel People were like they were so sorry and didn't specify the way that they would do to solve the problem. Left the hotel feeling entirely disappointed. l
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
"Good value for the money"
Nice hotel with a good location. Nice and big rooms. Clean. However it was a bit noisy. Noice coming from the not so isolated door and also from the street outside (depending on if your room is on that side of the street).
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Kerim
"great south beach stay"
Great hotel, loved the stay, location was top notch. One thing I didn't like was the food. Stay away from the cafe breakfast (especially the buffet), and room service. Food is horrible and overpriced. Use the Yelp app to find tons of places nearby that can deliver anything you want. Overall really loved the place, and would stay again. Was there for 4 nights.
3 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach and shopping"
Great rate via Expedia:-) The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. It is located just a couple of blocks from the beach and shopping at Lincoln Dr. Chairs on the beach and towels are included in the $15 beach fee. Our room was on the smaller side for four people with a lot of luggage. Parking was also a little pricy. 30$ at the hotel or 20$ in a public garage. Overall we were very happy with our stay!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015