All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1850 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Meh"
Parking was extremely tight, very limited for the extra $29/day fee, and front desk managed to assign me to a room that was already occupied. Very awkward! For all the inconveniences, I was a bit disappointed that their continental breakfast wasn't included. Good place to leave your luggage, though, which is exactly what it was used for. The best part about this hotel is the location, but to be completely honest, I found out that much nicer hotels were available if you coughed up an extra 20 bucks a night.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
JW
"Nice hotel for short stay"
The location of the hotel is great. I did an overnight stay but would not recommend for a short stay but not long term. The building is historical and old but pleasant. My room was near the street and the windows were old so all sounds of Miami Beach night life and traffic could be heard. Other than that the room was very clean and comfortable for me.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Rochelle
"not worth it"
mandatory fees ought to be included in the price advertised. my room cost $47.00 more than advertised. For the extra money, I could have had a much nicer hotel
Response by Dorchester Hotel
Dear Guest, We apologize if our resort fee took you by surprise, but they are clearly published on Hotels.com in the "Dorchester Hotel’s small print" section under "mandatory fees" and on our own website. The great majority of hotels in South Beach have resort fees; it's a standard for this area. You would have encountered them almost anywhere else. And while nobody likes fees, we're committed to making the resort fee an EXCELLENT value for our guests. For $15 per night, guests receive: two beach loungers and an umbrella for each day of their stay, wifi access, access to the business center, free local calls, and unlimited $1 cocktails from 7pm to 8pm every day. If have just one drink during happy hour, the package represents a $50 value-- the best on South Beach. Again, I'm sorry you were unaware of the resort fee before arrival. We always work hard to ensure they are published on booking sites and our website so guests are aware ahead of time. Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Regards, Chris Gorgoni - Director of Operations
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
edward
"Overpriced"
This hotel location is good for whoever wants to be in the heart of south beach but the rate is outrageous for the quality of the place. Rooms need a good refreshment, they are noisy and very basic. Staff is nice even tho I had to wait every single time to have some help at the front desk. Parking is too small and if you don't book your spot in the AM you have to park somewhere else in a public space.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
anna
Asked for quite room and got a beautiful suite, even that I paid for regular room, service was amazing
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"Overpriced"
Terrible service despite a high price
4 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
"Decent but somewhat "hidden" costs"
Quaint boutique hotel in an area close to many things. $30 for parking seemed exhorbitant + a mandatory $15 "resort fee" even though I wasn't using the "resort" faculities inflated the room price by ~$48 after taxes which effectively added 30% to the room cost. There were a few issues with the bathroom that I felt it would've been nice to offer a discount as a matter of recognizing the inconvenience but that didn't appear to occur to the desk staff. All in all a decent place.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good for the price in this area."
This old hotel was clean & freshly decorated. Was fine for us for one night stay.
1 night family trip Jan 26, 2015
"Happy"
Very good
2 night family trip Jan 20, 2015
luis
"Huge suites"
Suites are a great value. Old rooms but great location.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Cute hotel near everything"
I was able to check in about two hours early. It was a surprise to find that the suite was basically a small apartment. I was supposed to get a queen bed but ended up with two doubles. Regardless the room was fine. Nearby many restaurants and bars and beach. The pool was a nice place to hang out after the sun went down esp since it was heated. It was a very relaxing solo vacation.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Vicky
"Was a nice hotel, now needs renovation"
Great location, good price, go with this hotel if there are no other options in your price range.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Brad
"Nice hotel close to the beach and bars."
It was a good experience in Miami beach. The people from the hotel was really nice. The guy from the desk-entrance was really nice. There is a white chick, who's bartender in the hotel bar who would tell you where to go if you dont know the place and dont know what to do. I didnt go to the pool but at least the room was clean and pleasant. Never tried the food from the hotel so i dont know what's it is like. But, definitely i would come back.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Juan
Stayed for 2 nights and was very pleased. I had a free room upgrade upon arrival and ended up in a suite with a separate bedroom, living, dining area. Very clean and simple. The only negatives is that during booking all fees were not included. Not a huge factor but it should be disclosed in the beginning of booking and not when you check in/check out. The other negative for me is location, although not far from the restaurants/bars on Ocean Drive, I'm used to and prefer to be around 6th-10th street of Ocean or Collins rather than 18th where this hotel is located. But at the end of the day I would recommend.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Ry
"Hotel before a cruise"
Stayed at this hotel a day before a cruise. Arrived at the hotel around 11am and eventhoug the checking time is not until 3pm or 4 pm they accomodated us which was very convinient. The room was very specious and is two blocks from the beach and about 5 blocks from the Lincoln Place Mall. Good location, good price, decent stay.
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
"Close to beach."
Staff was a joke...front desk was very shady. Just convenient for parking and the beach. Don't expect anything more.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Nice hotel right in the middle of the action"
Very friendly and helpful staff, efficient and fast check-in, price/value ratio is very good. Unfortunately we only stayed one night and they gave us a room on the first floor right on Collins Avenue. Due to the noise on the street until 6 a.m. we weren't able to sleep. Make sure when you stay there to make a reservation for a room as far away as possible from Collins Avenue.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Herb
"Dorechester in South Beach"
I was surprised the room was so small but it was OK...didn't spend much time there. It was clean and the front desk people was really nice!
2 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
"Wish it was better!"
Upon arriving, there was a line to check in but they got me all set up without a long wait. I was able to park my car there in the hotel lot, prior to my check in time. That was a big help! I stopped by the "happy hour" after work and asked for a glass of wine. The bartender stated that they only served rum and cokes. After getting to my room, I realized I had not received wifi instructions. I called the front desk to ask and he said I could come down and get instructions. Not ideal. The shower had hair in it from a previous guest and the windows did not close all the way. My room was on a side street on the second floor and was extremely loud throughout the night. The room itself was a nice space and I loved the outside courtyard and pool. Beyond that, I would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"An OK Hotel"
The hotel is well located at the northern section of the South Beach -- a popular and busy area. Our room was located on the ground floor beside the hotel courtyard and was noisy until the wee hours -- people were talking loudly just outside our windows. I would suggest asking for a room on the other side of the building (not the courtyard side) if possible. We were given passes to the beach club (which allowed us the use of beach chairs and umbrella) which we neither wanted or used -- but, upon check out we found we were charged $15 per day for these. When questioning this on the bill, we were told it is required and not optional. This is just another way to increase the bill. The breakfast was very poor and expensive -- but everything was expensive.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
June
"mold in the bathroom/no working cable"
ok....cable was analog not working, mold in bathroom. breakfast was cold eggs. bed uncomfortable service was ok...
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
gary
"Nasty place!!"
the only somewhat good thing about this hotel is the location.the room was nasty it smelled like urine and there were stains on the sheets.when we told the front desk to change the sheets they sent someone who just gave the sheets to me and told me to change the sheets!!!! Do not go there !!!
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
jacob
"A Good Deal"
My only gripe was that the air-conditioner didn't function properly.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"False advertisement"
There's no business center just a computer on a table in the middle of the lobby. The fitness room is a small room with broken rusty equipment. The continental breakfast was $14 and the bar rail drinks were over $14 also. Overall not worth the money.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Cindy
"Unpleasant but clean"
Hotel was clean and decent, but old. room was newly renovated, nice beds hard wood floor. However, be careful when you travel with lol girls or wife. I was out jogging and suddenly got a call from my wife saying that some guy in a uniform entered door after couple knocks saying something other than English while my wife was completely naked, she screamed and he left. I complained to the hotel room service and the at the front. The hotel People were like they were so sorry and didn't specify the way that they would do to solve the problem. Left the hotel feeling entirely disappointed. l
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
"Good value for the money"
Nice hotel with a good location. Nice and big rooms. Clean. However it was a bit noisy. Noice coming from the not so isolated door and also from the street outside (depending on if your room is on that side of the street).
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Kerim
"great south beach stay"
Great hotel, loved the stay, location was top notch. One thing I didn't like was the food. Stay away from the cafe breakfast (especially the buffet), and room service. Food is horrible and overpriced. Use the Yelp app to find tons of places nearby that can deliver anything you want. Overall really loved the place, and would stay again. Was there for 4 nights.
3 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach and shopping"
Great rate via Expedia:-) The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. It is located just a couple of blocks from the beach and shopping at Lincoln Dr. Chairs on the beach and towels are included in the $15 beach fee. Our room was on the smaller side for four people with a lot of luggage. Parking was also a little pricy. 30$ at the hotel or 20$ in a public garage. Overall we were very happy with our stay!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Erik
"Paying for location"
Overpriced for the room, but you are paying for location. It was clean but not spectacular.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Dank"
Dankness at the Dorchester
3 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Aidan
"Cute little place with a warm pool"
Had a wonderful stay. Just one block from the beach. Happy hour drinks are one dollar. The pool is heated and the staff is very nice. The grounds are beautiful!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Arch
"So-so"
Location was good, hotel was old, dirty, the room was smelly, small and the beds were not comfortable,. We tried to cut our stay by one day but the hotel wouldn't let us.
4 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Ira
"Overall good for the price"
Overall good place to stay. Parking is paid $29 per day and again it is limited too. So we have to park at 3 blocks away from the hotel. They do not provide breakfast for free. Overall good place.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Not original Dorchester"
We thought it was the original Dorchester luxury hotel and it is not! That was very disappointing! We'd not pay this price or choose this hotel had we known it was not not original Dorchester. Though the service and hotel staff were excellent. I wanted a hotel with a pool but the pool was completely in shadow which was also disappointing. Overall we felt extremely misled and will not choose or recommend this hotel to anyone.
10 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Joanna
"Extra charges."
Beware of hidden charges.Free wifi and happy hour charges appear on checkout date.
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"Satisfied"
Nice Hotel, fairly priced and clean rooms. I just wish it was closer to the main beach.
3 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"Overall a great stay."
This was a weekend away with 2 friends. We had 1 room with two double beds. The room was more then adequate. Hotel was very nice. The front desk staff could use some training, espically how when you come to check in and the guy never cracked a smile. I wanted to ask him "who died".
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Jeffrey
"room was subpar"
Room and hotel were subpar a hotel with a window unit, no fitness center, or place to dine. Is not acceptable
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"So FANTASTIC!"
Fantastic stay since check in till check out!
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Frangina
Small room, noisy, additional charge for "resort fee" and heavy parking fee
"Good hotel in great location"
A very good hotel for the money paid. In a great location, close to the beach, and the amenities of Lincoln Road. Decent size pool, good bar, and a grand piano in the lobby!
Grant
"Unfriendly, Rude and Horrible (not recommending)"
I stayed in room #218 on 11/10/2014 Jose, Front desk guy is unfriendly and very rude to customer.... On Hotels.com--they list valet parking under transportation--> that is a lie ...they charge $15 dollars for wifi (not free)..Room was too cold ..there was no mini heater in my room, sink was clogged...bathtub is so old ..Many things that they listed on Hotels.com for this hotel is a lie..
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
adam
"NICE HOTEL"
FRIENDLY STAFF. CLEAN ROOM. NICE LOCATION.
3 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
sunil
"A1A"
GREAT ROOM, LOCATION AND STAFF WAS EXCELLENT
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Close to everything"
Great experience nice hotel close to beach and shopping I went out there for my birthday I love south beach
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Naarah
"Room was small, very small."
Very small room, probably a 2 star hotel (atleast the room I was in).
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
I was quite disappointed with the hotel even though the price was a bargain for Miami and very close to the beach. We had no hot water for out showers in the morning and to take a very cold quick cold ones.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Great value in South Beach"
The Dorchester was a great value for our stay in South Beach. Good location right on Collins Avenue, just a block from the beach and walking distance to lots of good shops/restaurants. The property is quaint and well-maintained with a nice pool and tropical landscaping all around the building. Nothing too flashy, but you get a clean room, convenient beach access, and a friendly staff. I would definitely recommend to others.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"very good!"
Its was a very good experience! And close to the beach and other places of interest like dinning and shopping.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
patricia Balarezo
The hotel has fabulous location, and it has enormous potential. The room assignment was not up to par, the basic service was understaffed. All in all, it was an okay stay, but, again, the hotel has enormous potential !
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014