All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
1021 NE Grand Avenue, Portland, OR, 97232, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
Fantastic newer hotel. Great roof top bar and wonderful breakfast restaurant. Close to river walk.
2 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
carol
"Beautiful, Great Service, Mixed Wheelchair Access"
Beautiful, modern, with well-thought-out features. The double queen room feels a little small, and there's a lot of street noise even on the 5th floor. Too bad they skimped on double-pained windows. There's no microwave ovens in the rooms or the snack bar, which is frustrating. The in-room refrigerator is nice, but there's nowhere to heat up leftovers, beverages, etc. though staff walked us to the staff lounge to use theirs. They just opened in June so there's still a moderate new-paint smell that's unpleasant, and they don't yet have the wheelchair lift up and running. For wheelchair access one must enter through the valet entrance after going up a very steep driveway, go through the cafe street entrance which is only open 'til 4 pm, or have staff open a door at the garage level around the block. The driveway is very steep both entering the parking/valet area as well as the driveway going down to the basement garage where the exit is. Any vehicle with a low under-carriage will severely scrape. This is especially problematic for wheelchair accessible minivans and will deter us from staying there again until it's fixed. Street parking is not an option.
4 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
"Modern and frieldly"
We only stayed a night but the hotel as the best deal in the area and probably the most modern. Great lunch in the restaurant downstairs. The rooftop bar was an added plus. Very friendly staff and all the modern comforts of home. Two thumbs up!
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Beautiful Hotel with gorgeous views. Highly recommend the Rooftop bar and outdoor patio which has an amazing view of the city.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Kimberly
"Excellent staff and wonderful beds!"
Top notch hotel with a delightful staff! The outside belies the interior, and it is right next to the MAX so getting around the city is easy. The only downside was that there is no self park, but the valet service is included in the price and the valet staff is so eager and upbeat that it isn't really an issue. TIP during rush hour use Grand Ave instead of I-5 to go North.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Carolyn
"Great but..."
While the hotel and staff where very nice I was shocked at how much parking was ($25/night) and there was no option given except valet parking. The location was alright and was only about a half mile walk to a street that had plenty of food options but not much in the ways of entertainment. Overall a nice place but pretty expensive.
2 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
Ashley
I stayed for only one night. The hotel room was very lovely. However, the hotel is by the train tracks, and the train runs late. It is by the convention center also, so lots of traffic.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2015
"Nice renovation"
Came to Portland for a wedding. Picked the hotel because of the beautiful renovation. Was very happy with our stay. Wonderful rooftop bar too.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Holly
"Would stay again!"
Great new hotel with friendly staff and awesome food!
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Debra
"Modern and comfortable"
Great service, great food, great drinks. Everything is modern and clean and luxurious. We had a great time!
3 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Kelley
"For More Than Hipsters"
Eastlund is strongly geared toward a young, hip crowd. That's fine and smart marketing, but I would have loved being able to get up onto my bed without a step stool---or ladder--- and also would have loved having a Comfortable chair with a reading lamp. Amenities were delightful and carefully designed, as was the general decor.
5 night trip Aug 3, 2015
Nancy W
"Great place to stay."
Hotel was great. Close to the Moda Center. The "Doentown View" would be worth the upgrade otherwise you're looking at a Denny's or empty lot & side of a building. Also parking is difficult unless you pay for the $25 valet.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great getaway"
Nice new hotel. Rooftop restaurant was great. Neighborhood is gentrifying.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Dotcy
"A very nice place to stay"
Nice room and great customer service.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Carrie
"Great Boutique Hotel"
The staff was wonderful, very helpful! The coffee shop attached was convenient and delicious. The rooms are on the smaller side but well appointed and very clean. We could hear traffic noise but it wouldn't deter me from staying there again.
2 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2015
"Do it!"
This place was amazing! The staff at the front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful. The valets and bellmen were timely and efficient. We stayed here within a couple months of their opening and everything still had that new hotel smell to it. The room was nicely furnished, the bed amazingly comfortable, the bathroom was modern and bright, and the view of downtown was great. The restaurant on the top floor, Altabira, is a must visit. Great food and drinks with a cheap happy hour. The location was perfect and allowed us to walk to many of the popular and delish breweries in the area. We will stay here the next time we visit Portland.
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Kristopher
"Easy breezy!!"
Talk about great service!! I arrived late one night from out of town. The front desk told me an easy directions to get there in the max and had food in the room when I got there. Hotel was very accommodating and clean. Easy to find. I would stay here again!!
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Good, fun, but pricey."
The Hotel Eastlund was nice. Minimalistic with a splash of orange and great customer service . Valet was curtious but with a cost . The front desk was great . I asked if I could arrive earlier than (3pm) our check out time . But nothing was open late around the hotel. Resturaunt, bars at the hotel were very nice but $$$. The most irritating thing was checkout . Our checkout was at 12:00 . It was my First visit to Portland, of course I didn't know my way around . So I get back to the hotel the day of checkout out 12:17 and they killed my key and didn't get back to my room till 12:28 to checkout at 12:49.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Pricey but worth it."
Stayed one night.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Evelyn
Beautiful hotel with incredible rooftop restaurant and lounge.
1 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2015
Clint
It was a lovely hotel. We were in town for a wedding. Staff was great and our room was lovely.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Beautiful modern hotel across from Conv. Ctr."
Wonderful hotel, super modern, very large room, great rooftop dining, staff is very friendly, small gym to use. I went to a conference at the convention center so this was incredibly convenient as it's a 2 min walk.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
Alison
"Portland Visit"
Convenient to convention center and stadium but not too convenient for late night walking to eat or drink. About a 1/2 mile to get to Burnside which isn't too bad if you are walking but it's not that great of a walk by the Convention Center. But that is negligible to the accommodations. The roof top restaurant and bar are beautiful. They closed before I could try them but it's pretty nicely done to hang out.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2015
"hotel and cafe great, restaurant no"
The hotel is clean and modern and new looking. Nice! The café was very nice and convenient. The restaurant food was good but way understaffed and our waitress got a minus rating. Took 20 minutes to get anyone to take our order, never checked on us, and we about left without paying as we couldn't get a bill. Will not revisit it unless when we do we have more attentive service or we will leave after 5 minutes. There parking lot is mandatory valet and when we left the dip in lot about took off the underside of our car.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"Great Service"
We had an issue when we arrived that our room was not ready, even though we were there after our check-in time. Because of this they upgraded us from a regular room to a suite at no charge! This room was amazing and beautiful! The staff were very friendly and accommodating, along with the hotel appearing freshly remodeled in a modern theme. We enjoyed our stay here and would absolutely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Happy Stay"
Great service!
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Fatima
"Mid July"
I stayed at Hotel Eastlund on a Friday to use to explore Portland before heading to lake Oswego Saturday night for a wedding. It's not really in walking distance to what you want to see, but in the age of uber it's no problem at all. Very clean hotel, extremely helpful and friendly staff, good restaurant/bar, very safe part of town - no real complaints. It's not the four seasons, but I would highly recommend staying there if you're looking for somewhere to stay.
1 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
"Pretty hotel, lacking service."
Nice looking boutique hotel, rooms are comfy and roof top restaurant is very cool and service in the bar is very good. However they don't quite make the standard for a really good boutique hotel. Example: car valet didn't even offer to get my luggage out of the trunk, much less deliver it to my room. The in-room hotel guide says that in-room food service is available but there's no menu. When I called to try to order something the phone rang for a very long time but no one answered. Tried it twice then called the front desk who couldn't connect me to the restaurant and advised me to just keep trying. Just doesn't cut it for the kind of hotel this one aspires to be.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2015
great room and great view... comfortable bed... close to everything!!
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"Form Before Function"
From the way-too-steep driveway off the street (that causes your car to bottom out) to the sliding glass/mirror "barn door" on the bathroom (that does nothing to mask sounds or smells), this is your typical "all show" modern design of a hotel. Great location and a bit pricey (considering there's no pool or spa) and very noisy (the red and blue lines run right alongside) especially if you're in a high-numbered room (347 as opposed to 302, for example) where the train's rumble shakes the building for most of the day & night.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Kenneth
"STP weekend"
The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. The valet staff was awesome and very helpful. Hotel was very clean and modern decor.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
"Beautiful, great service, but loud"
This hotel is great! Very sexy. I didn't get to spend as much time there as I would have liked. I do wish they had included ear plugs...I didn't expect the train to be so loud. I also thought there was free WiFi, but it turns out it's only free for 30 minutes. That was really annoying. But the staff were great and friendly.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
Rosemary
"5 star service!"
Defiantly going back again!
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Impressive Hotel, but eat somewhere else for dinne"
Super Impressed with the new Hotel Eastlund in SE Portland. The interior design and remodel of the old Red Lion is absolutely Incredible. Very comfortable, extremely nice staff, and immaculate rooms. Yet, the lack of a pool or hot tub, and the hostess at Altabira made things somewhat challenging. Not only was she rude, but we were only allowed to order one drink with our dinner brcause she was trying to close and leave in a half hour. Very disappointing considering how very cool the hotel was. I will stay there again, but will not eat at the restaurant. I would still recommend going up there to see the view.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Adams
"New & Chic Boutique Hotel"
Convenient location - close to convention center and Max station. New and modern lobby (loved those Eames chairs!) and friendly staff. $25 per day for valet parking. We didn't use the valet parking because there's street parking available right in front of the hotel. Street parking has 2 hour limit during the day and is free between 10 pm and 8 am. Complimentary wireless for 30 minutes per day. You will get logged out after 30 minutes, but I had no problem logging back in again next day for another 30 minutes. The Internet browser feature on the TV is definitely a bonus. You can access Internet without having to worry about connecting to wireless. Even you don't get a complimentary wireless 24/7 on your phone, you have it on the TV if you need to look up something online. The only thing we noticed was that when we first entered the room, the smell of paint was quite strong. We figured it was because the hotel was still going through the remodeling process. It didn't bother us too much later on because we kept the window open to get some fresh air. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.
3 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2015
"A brand new comfy and stylish hotel"
The hotel is a great place, the pictures in Hotels.com were CAD drawings because at the time I booked it was a new hotel in town, but the real thing is pretty close to the images, the staff were really friendly and were happy to give tips where to eat and go - always with a big smile. There's no breakfast included, they have a bakery inside the hotel which had an excellent variety of stuff to choose from but there is a Denny's next door as an alternative for breakfast . We didn't get to use the hotel's restaurant which is at the top floor.
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Marco
"FUN change of pace"
The hotel had just opened a few weeks ago. It was decorated really neat and was very quite. My Kids loved the decor and the "faux fur" blankets. It was a really fun way to kick off our vacation
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Wonderful Boutique Hotel in a great location"
I needed a place near SE Portland and I was able to find this gem of a Hotel. I don't have any complaints - the hotel was basically brand new and the excellent valet and front desk service as well as on site amenities proved to be very convenient.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
"Room was nice but everything rlse was sub par"
Your website for this motel said they accept dogs for a fee. But that is incorrect. So I has to take my puppies to my moms house to be able to stay at this hotel. Very inconvenient No restaurants were open, the terrace was closed, I even called the hotel the night before and an employee said it would be open along with the restaurants on the 4th of July. Valet was mandatory and they also charged $25 for the mandatory service. No room service, due to all of there restaurants not being open for the 4th after I called to make sure that they would be open on the 4th. As an employee said that they would be open along with room service, but the employee gave incorrect info and all was closed.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Brandon
"Yes you will enjoy the Eastlund."
Room was very nice ,clean. Customer service excellent,friendly. Restaurant has a great view,great food. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Comfort!"
Great hotel! Loved the entire stay. It's beautiful and relaxing.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2015
"eastlund portland"
Staff was awesome , hotel and rooms are clean ..very convenient to metro for easy commutes to town.. beds a lil high.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
jim
"Kim's review"
Learned at check in that the hotel was just a few weeks open. This was either going to be really bad or really good. It was really good. Friendly funny front desk and beautiful modern a little funky public areas and lovely interestingly decorated comfortable rooms albeit a bit small.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
david
"new Portland gem!"
I came for a family visit as well as some business and the hotel had just opened a few days before. While it still is under construction, the room was super and the staff is exceedingly friendly! its conveniently located across from the convention center and is minutes from the river and running path, etc. I look forward to returning!
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
lloyd
"Nice hotel and friendly staff"
Expedia was terrible to work with. They did not take care of me as a customer. Thankfully the hotel staff understood and came through for me. Will not use Expedia again.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Dog friendly hotel"
We like to stay here mostly because we have 2 small dogs and the pet fee is only $15 per stay not day. The off season rate is worth it, however I have called when the rooms are really high and in my opinion not worth it. Our stay was nice. We like the lounge on the top floor. The staff is very cheerful and nice. I don't like how they charge for parking. I was disappointed with Expedia because we were told by a live representative that we would get a food/drink credit of $20. When we checked in all we received was a 10% flyer for food only. This was the very reason we booked with Expedia. I would love to hear someone from Expedia explain this to me.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
"a bit old and tired"
This hotel is close to many of the city activities. We walked or took public transport most everywhere. That's the upside. The downside is that there were no towel racks, the ac/ventilation was extremely loud, bathroom was tiny tiny. Further, the hotel provided a space heater as the hotel system did not work effectively. The walls were extremely thin, We could hear everything going on next door. The bed was excellent and very comfortable sheets clean etc. Everything else was very tired and very dated. On top of this, when we got to the desk to register after paying our expedia bill we found that the rate did not include parking which added an additional fee per night. When we arrived at our hotel Saturday night there were no available spaces and the attitude of the clerks was "too bad, how sad".. The breakfast coupon is not good for breakfast. Rather, it is good for a small percentage off of the restaurant. We had a great time on our trip and took all this in our stride, laughing and relaxed vacationers we were. However, granted the many little issues we had and the deceptive way this was advertised, I suggest the traveler seek lodging elsewhere.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
JohnnyD
"Adequate , but parking extra, furnishings tired."
This hotel is close to many of the city activities. We walked or took public transport most everywhere. That's the upside. The downside is that there were no towel racks, the ac/ventilation was extremely loud, bathroom was tiny tiny. Further, the hotel provided a space heater as the hotel system did not work effectively. The walls were extremely thin, We could hear everything going on next door. The bed was excellent and very comfortable sheets clean etc. Everything else was very tired and very dated. On top of this, when we got to the desk to register after paying our expedia bill we found that the rate did not include parking which added another $14 per night. When we arrived at our hotel Saturday night there were no available spaces and the attitude of the clerks was "too bad, how sad".. The breakfast coupon is not good for breakfast. Rather, it is good for 10% off of the bill. We had a great time on our trip and took all this in our stride, laughing and relaxed vacationers we were. However, granted the many little issues we had and the deceptive way this was advertised, I suggest the traveler seek lodging elsewhere.
Other trip Jan 17, 2014
JohnnyD
This hotel is better than the Inn at convention centre. A side of the rooms are ver nosiy, because the hotel is near to the railway.
Other trip Feb 22, 2013

"Luxury boutique hotel."
Great location. Right by the mall the convention center and the light rail. Nice room. Not huge though but not tiny. Liked the phone charger next to the bed. The decor was not my taste though. Still very recommended.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015