All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
1021 NE Grand Avenue, Portland, OR, 97232, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.8
"Comfort!"
Great hotel! Loved the entire stay. It's beautiful and relaxing.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2015
"eastlund portland"
Staff was awesome , hotel and rooms are clean ..very convenient to metro for easy commutes to town.. beds a lil high.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
jim
"Kim's review"
Learned at check in that the hotel was just a few weeks open. This was either going to be really bad or really good. It was really good. Friendly funny front desk and beautiful modern a little funky public areas and lovely interestingly decorated comfortable rooms albeit a bit small.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
david
"new Portland gem!"
I came for a family visit as well as some business and the hotel had just opened a few days before. While it still is under construction, the room was super and the staff is exceedingly friendly! its conveniently located across from the convention center and is minutes from the river and running path, etc. I look forward to returning!
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
lloyd
This hotel is better than the Inn at convention centre. A side of the rooms are ver nosiy, because the hotel is near to the railway.
Other trip Feb 22, 2013

"Luxury boutique hotel."
Great location. Right by the mall the convention center and the light rail. Nice room. Not huge though but not tiny. Liked the phone charger next to the bed. The decor was not my taste though. Still very recommended.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
IL

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Eastlund

"Nice hotel, helpful staff!"
07/05/15 ShellyScottMcH
Lovely decor, new and clean. Comfy bed. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was my husband's birthday, and Manager Barragan took great care of us! The only reason we didn't give 5 stars is because the neighborhood is in transition. Lots of improvement construction - looks like it will be very cool. Hotel Eastlund had some foresight :)
"Great location for Oregon Convention Centre"
06/30/15 richard_and_robbie Canterbury, United Kingdom
This hotel had only opened shortly before my stay - it still had that new hotel smell. The hotel is perfectly located for the convention centre (closer than any other, I think). It's attractively designed and my room was comfortable and quiet. The bed was remarkably tall. I got a conference-organised rate of $170 per night, which represented very good value for a city hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
"Excellent new hotel."
06/29/15 Marti B Reno, Nevada
Although this hotel has only recently opened, they seem to have their act together. I stayed for five days while attending a convention across the street and found the Hotel Eastlund to be a perfect option for convenience and comfort. The rooms are attractive and well designed, optimizing the space. The lobby, business center and common areas are well appointed with elegant, modern furniture and art. The restaurant and bar on the 6th floor offer a spectacular view of downtown. They don't have umbrellas for the outdoor tables so dining in the heat of the summer isn't a great idea. The menu is creative and well executed. We had one server who was not at the top of his game and messed up two of the four items ordered but I don't expect perfection when a place has only been open for a couple of weeks. He'll either get with it or be gone shortly. I'd stay at the Hotel Eastlund again on my frequent trips to Portland. I got a great rate, which I expect won't last long, but I enjoyed it while I was there.
"A varnish of respectability"
06/28/15 CookeeB
Ok remodel on a run of the mill motor hotel property, though a little alienating even for those of us that enjoy modern design: has the sheen but not the quality. Good-looking rooms with very tall (think running jump) well-appointed beds made up with nearly short-sheeted linens (that always confuses me...are there people who like the sheets to come up only to their bellybutton?). Bathrooms look pretty but showers are inefficient, allowing water all over a slick floor, and the toilet we had did not seem suited for institutional use. Smaller rooms do not seem to have the better views, which is to be expected. Materials are still off-gassing for those of us with chemical sensitivities.
"Not ready for prime time!"
06/25/15 Abby A Los Angeles, United States
For $340 a night, I expect a fully appointed room and a responsive staff. This hotel is not ready to host travelers who can afford the high price of a room. This place needs another six weeks of work before they can charge more than $75/night. They were unable to accommodate my request for synthetic pillows to replace the down, but didn't bother to tell me, even after I put in a second request. They did bring me some pillow cases and sheets (to replace the down comforter; no blankets available!) but I had to MAKE MY OWN BED using the decorator throw pillows! When I attempted to set the alarm, and the promised iHome clock did not exist. The only hook in the bathroom is inside the shower, so there is no place to hang a toiletry bag or night gown. The built-in drawers and closet smell like toxic construction materials. There is no drawer in the bedside table. On top of it all, the TV does not have sound. This is really a disappointment, especially at the cost of $340 per night!
"new, stylistic hotel on the eastside"
06/23/15 travelingphotodude Seattle, Washington
I am a loyal Marriott member but compared to the value of the known this contemporary fresh hotel i opted out of my reserved room to try this spot. The rooms are clean, updated and fresh The bathroom is to die for. The common areas are equally splendid. The staff attentive but not fully engaged, or aware. Only problems are: the high cost of parking, the poor fitness area, only 30 mins of free wifi, and the lack of interesting restaurants within walking distance.
"Great hotel!"
06/22/15 ShannonKYoung Seattle, Washington
The hotel was great! Bed was super comfy and the room was full of fun details. Such as the hole in the shower so that you could turn on the water without getting wet and the furry throw at the end of the bed. I can't wait to stay again.
"A Lot of Show to Justify Unwarranted High Prices"
06/22/15 Cherthejoy Oregon
This will be a partial review of a hotel I didn't actually stay in. My inlaws did and we had the opportunity to be onsite, see and explore it, see their room, hear their views and eat in the cafe. The Hotel Eastlund is in downtown Portland, Oregon, just about three blocks away from the Moda Center (or to those of us from Oregon, The Rose Garden). The hotel is brand spankin' new and opened around June 15th. The restaurant wasn't open yet but the cafe/breakfast room was. My in-laws seemed interested in this hotel and were willing to pay $280 for a tiny room with an industrial view of not much. The decor is ultra modern, sleek, and I would say...cold and angular. But I think some people like modern design and some don't. I think it lacks warmth and has a pretentious and ostentatious air. Being rural country bumpkins on a lower-middle-class income, we're always gobsmacked that people will spend so much for so little. That room would have to hand feed me, and massage me and turn me over at night when I needed to change positions....even then I can't see spending that much for a place to sleep. The entrance off the street isn't very well-marked and you can nearly miss it. There is an immediate and very steep incline into the parking area and front entrance. There is, what appears to be "mandatory" valet parking. They are very insistent about parking your car for you...which was sort of odd since their were no other cars in the lot. My mother-in-law told me that if you were just coming there to eat or visit, it would cost $25 to have the valet parking but it was included in your room price if you stayed. Good thing. We're kind of funny that way...we don't really like anyone else jumping in our car to park us and then want to be tipped when we didn't want them to do it in the first place. It's all a foreign concept to us. Our vehicle (a Chev Impala) has a fairly low front profile clearance and it scraped on the steep decline to exit the secure parking area. One of the parking attendants on one of our visits had the worst body odor. I know it's summer...I know it's hot...I know sometimes these things happen. But then that's how our car smelled after he parked it. The front lobby area is vast, industrial, cold and a bit snooty feeling. The front desk staff (and valet people) were very attentive and courteous and helpful to my in-laws. Very professional. It almost looked like they were the only people staying in the entire place. We didn't see a single other guest or car. The guest room was very small. Just enough room to walk around the bed. The bed was quite high. My mother-in-law is very debilitated with arthritis and she had a bear of a time getting in and out of the bed. She said that some other hotels they've stayed at with high profile beds had little step stools near the bed to assist. She had to stack pillows on the floor to get in and out of bed. She couldn't use a chair because they all had wheels and that wouldn't have been safe. The bathroom was sleek and narrow...just about the width of the toilet with a shower, no tub. Lots of mirrors everywhere in the room, in the halls, gave a feeling of largeness where there wasn't any. The stripe carpets and lighting was a little dizzying. They have the light switch type of notification for requesting maid service and since my mother-in-law forgot to flip the switch, she didn't get any maid service. I really dislike this form of notification since it isn't widely used (or maybe it is in expensive hotels). I've only encountered it one other time and I didn't get any maid service that day either. The cafe/breakfast room is industrial as well and the prices are way steep for our blood. A small, simple sandwich was about $13 and coffee drinks $3.50 and up. I'm sure for our party of 5, having only small snacks or sandwiches, cost $60. I almost had to laugh wondering as I was trying to eat my ham and cheese sandwich if "rich folk" know better how to eat these things. It was a small, super high crusty bread/roll that literally shaved the skin off the roof of my mouth when I would bite it...and since it was such hard bread, all of the insides of the sandwich would squirt out the end when I bit it. It tasted fine but it was a mystery as to why such things are even made. It had ham and brie and some sort of highly garlic aloli spread which made my breath oh-so-unpleasant for socializing. This place is what my mother would refer to as "The Emperor's New Clothes"...look up that fairytale. In essence, what she means is that people pretend it's all that and a bag of chips because they're too afraid to call it as it is...overpriced and underwhelming. My inlaws seemed to be enjoying trying something new but they said they would not stay here again. I noticed when in their room that the air system was just as noisy as a motel 6. You would think that would be a priority....a quiet air system. So, I think I covered some pretty apt observations without actually sleeping there. I think you'll get good service, and that the place is clean (it hasn't had time to get dirty). But from my observations, it is way to high-brow and way to expensive for our standard of living. I just don't get it. I saw nothing I could call "luxury" to account for the prices. I know our inlaws didn't even get the most expensive room options...so it only goes up from there. Most of the time when I stay in a motel, I'm just there long enough to sleep...I'm not moving in. I would rather spend more money on activities outside the hotel. I guess we're more the "We'll keep the light on for you" type.
"Fabulous new hotel in Portland, Oregon"
06/20/15 Janet E Portland, Oregon
The beautiful Hotel Eastlund is exactly what the Oregon Convention Center area needs. Trendy, hip with warm, rich tones. The lobby is inviting; you will want to sit with a glass of wine or coffee to watch people and admire the impressive art. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, from the valet parking attendants, to the front desk and housekeeping staff. We loved the variety of phone chargers in the guest rooms, so no matter what type of phone you have there is a charger already installed. We had Suite 527. The shower is amazing! Double shower heads with a very large bath as well. The room is well appointed in beautiful gray with accents of orange. The furry blanket was a nice touch. The floor to ceiling windows allow a fantastic view of downtown Portland and the west hills. We loved our stay so much that a few nights later, we came back to Altabira for happy hour. The food was delicious and the rooftop dining space made for a great summer evening!
"Great location - great service"
06/19/15 Moocher321 Kansas City, Missouri
We stayed for one night on 6/10/15. We arrived early morning and the employees at the desk were happy to store our luggage so we could go explore. The employees helped us review a map of Portland and offered advice on the best Max Line for our destinations. Natalya was super nice and made sure our luggage was waiting for us in our room when we returned to the hotel. The hotel had only been open a few weeks, so it was very clean. The rooms are not huge, but nicely furnished. The beds are pretty high and could be difficult for some people to climb into. We had no issues with outside noise. The Max Line is on the opposite corner of the hotel making it a great hotel if using public transportation. We took the light rail train from the airport to the hotel. We did not want to spend the amount the downtown hotels were charging. The light rail was very easy to use to go all over town making this hotel a great option. If we return to Portland, we would certainly look into staying at this hotel again given the cleanliness, service, and great public transportation location.