All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Retorno del Rey No. 36, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Great Birthday Get away"
It was very nice. Everything looks just like they advertized. The staff was supper friendly and helpful. The Spa made me feel like a Queen. I would go back just for that exerience alone. Casitas was very nice for our birthday dinner. The only complaint I have it the smelll. It smelled old like they need to clean the carpets. I would reccomend this hotel.
3 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
Nikki
"beautiful hotel right on the beach"
thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to mexico, the staff are incredible here and no service charge is taken out so I was very happy to tip 15 to 20% for the exemplerary service.The only complaint I have is the $180 for the beach huts, that would explain why 80% of them are empty during the day .I would have paid $50 for the day and this was at 11am that I wanted it and they wanted them back by 5pm for dinner reservations.Great food and real alcohol.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"The Best of The Best"
We travel extensively and have stayed at many fine resorts. However, The Ritz Cancun is the standard all others should be measured against. Fantastic restaurants (and I mean fantastic), beautiful beach, swimming pool and grounds. The staff is the most accommodating I've ever seen. They don't know the word "no." Sweet, professional people who care and are obviously thrilled to work at the hotel. I can't overstate our enchantment with this place. Phenomenal. We will be back.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
"Booking through hotels.com is a problem- statement"
Could not obtain a full statement setting out tariff, taxes and fees as a result of booking through hotels.com. Only received a statement for extras.
3 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Leon
"nice hotel beach view but hotel so quite"
Hotel 's good . Worker so nice , but spa price too hight , more than wynee hotel . When I sleep , house keeper so loud . The hotel only include room , if u go the beach have a rest , the chair charge , I don't like it
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Fei
"Great location !"
Very friendly and helpful stuff! Excellent service!
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Jana
"Pleasant Surprise"
We booked this trip with only two weeks notice. It was so affordable that we were actually a bit nervous! The airfare and hotel were booked through Expedia. The hotel staff made you feel as if you had been a regular visitor for many years. The attention to detail was exceptional. We would recommend it to anyone!
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Mimi
"Hellish!"
Noisy! Rundown! Full of screaming children and their indulgent parents!
10 night trip Sep 3, 2015
"Not worthy of Ritz-Carlton name"
The hotel was under renovation, jackhammering and hammering could be heard in the pool area and at the breakfast restaurant. The hotels needs a new swimming pool only for children far away form the adults one, guests are constantly annoyed by children screaming. My husband got food poisoning from ordering room service, he is still sick today, and we received no compensation whatsoever. The hotel is old, needs updating, not worthy of the name Ritz- Carlton. I will review it also on Trip Advisor.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
art consultant
"A Ritz-Carlton hotel with unparalleled service"
I booked our trip less than twelve hours before departure. The Ritz could not have been a better choice or more accommodating to our travel needs. Knowing it was off-season for the weather in Cancun, that was my only hesitation when booking the trip. However, with such short notice, the forecast looked on the upswing and we couldn't have asked for better weather or sunshine whilst staying in Cancun. It could have been a little less hot and humid, although I might just be too used to CO weather now. The staff goes above and beyond to not only make you feel valued as a guest, but takes the time to get to know you personally, suggest local events, and be patient when you ask to practice your Spanish with them. I was impressed with the finishes of the room, which have obviously been updated in the past five years. The hotel is very large and has a somewhat dated feel, however is quickly mitigated once stepping book in the famous marble bathrooms and luxurious linens. If you stay at this location, the Breakfast buffet is a must. The Caribe grill food was excellent, however the menu is limited, so chose your dining experience accordingly. The room service and pool food overly impressed me and I'm not usually a fan of either. Unfortunately, the Fantina grill was under construction during our stay, so we didn't get an opportunity. As someone more youthful than your typical Ritz crowd (25), it would have been nice to see some more youthful audience at times.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
JCHCO
"Elegant hotel, first-class service"
We just returned from our honeymoon in Cancun, where we stayed at the Ritz Carlton for 4 nights. The entire hotel is beautiful and very elegant. The service is first-class, from the guard who lets you in at the hotel gate to the gym staff, to the servers and maids. Everyone we came into contact with was super helpful and anticipated our needs before we even could. I found it quite impressive that not just the front desk people but most of the staff members we interacted with remembered our names and called us by them whenever we passed.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
Erica
"Great views and location on beach"
This hotel had excellent service,location and the views were wonderful. Very clean, attention to detail.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
solo traveler
"Service really is outstanding!"
You will spend more money if you stay at the Ritz, but it is all worth it. If you value quality and unforgettable service, this place will not disappoint. We recommend reserving a private casita for dinner on the beach. There is a fee for this, but it adds a special touch. The menu was wonderful, and so was our server. The steak is one of the best I've ever tasted. Some reviews have said their decor is a bit dated, but I would describe it as "classic elegance" compared to the minimalist designs I'm seeing in other hotels these days. The only downside was the seaweed washing into shore (we came in early September). The staff was really vigilant in sweeping the seaweed though, so that helped a bit. Overall, our stay at the Ritz was superb and we would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Pearl
"Great hotel!"
We were on our honeymoon, so we decided to stay at a fancier hotel. All of the hotel staff were extremely friendly and polite. The customer service was excellent all the way around! Our room was great. We had a room on the 7th floor, so we had a beautiful view of the ocean. The hotel is within walking distance from 2 very large malls. Although it is a bit of a walk! The beach at the hotel was spacious and never really crowded. It was never hard to find a good spot on the beach or at one of the pools. The concierge was great. They made dinner reservations for us and booked one of our excursions for us. We also booked a couple of our excursions through Aqua World. They had a little Aqua World booth down by the pool, so it was super easy and convenient to book through them. I recommend the Jungle Tour!! There were several restaurants within walking distance. However, they were a little more on the pricey side. Porfirio's was excellent and not too bad on the wallet! All in all, it was a great experience and we are so glad that we decided to stay at the Ritz Carlton!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Best Cancún Hotel ever"
It was a great experience! Excellent customer service! Definitely we will be back to Ritz.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Angel
"Ok Hotel"
The beach was dirty to much sea weed and it smelled, the Zona hotelera beach it's dirty and the hotels don't clean them. Cancun is not what I expected. the hotel pools are to shallow and water was hot.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
jose
"The heaven Ritz"
It was great experience, We do enjoy the beach staff, very professionals> The restaurants wonderful and the Mexican breakfast was our super best food. Maria Teresa the cleaning lady was very professional too.The room super clean and great balcony view. We do love the hotel the most important we do feel secure. For safety and security this hotel is the best. The entry (lobby) smell super good, like heaven. The courtesy guys at the entry door also very professional staff. Best regards and thank you.
3 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Spactacular!"
This was our second trip to the Ritz at Cancun. If I thought that our first trip was amazing, now I know that I was wrong. This was an exceptional vacation. The hotel was stunning, as you can expect from any Ritz. But the service was superb in its own category from anything you would ever experience. The staff will go the distance to make sure that all of your needs are met and that you are having a fun and relaxing time at the resort. There is a humble quality in each employee that you cant but admire them. If you are looking for an exclusive vacation this is your destination. We will definitely be back next year for our third time.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Atzil
"Summer Trip"
Great!
6 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
humberto
"Great service and amenities"
Sergio, our waiter at the cafe deserves accommodation for his above and beyond attitude. The hotel and all facilities are top notch. Every employee is there to provide impeccable service. The only issue, the Expedia website says there are sofa beds in the standard room which is not the case. We had to change rooms at a higher rate, but then the hotel desk staff corrected the price after I pointed out the error. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a full service facility with excellent service and superior food.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Brad
"Everything you would expect from a Ritz Carlton."
Recently stayed 6 nights, departing on August 15. Have been to Cancun before and stayed at another high-end resort. The Ritz Carlton Cancun is everything you would associates with this brand. The grounds and facility is extremely clean, set back a little from the main street in the hotel district. Everything is understated elegance. We had our two kids, ages 20 and 22 with us, and we were a little hesitant that the hotel would be too subdued or stuffy for them. The opposite was true. They enjoyed the high degree of attention that the staff pays to you. While the physical characteristics of this facility are indeed very nice, it was the staff that made the hotel stand out over where we haver previously stayed in Cancun. This hotel is centrally located with several very good restaurants on site, as well as several just a short 5-10 minute walk away. Our room was an ocean front, complete with a balcony that was nice to site out on in the late afternoon shade. There are two pools immediately adjacent to the beach. The beach is wide and clean. The entire area is suffering from a huge seaweed bloom, and it is constantly washing up on shore. The staff did everything they could to keep the area clean, but the seaweed is a real problem this year. Water was not a clear as expected. Don't know if this was from chop or from the seaweed. But because of the staff, it didn't take away from the experience. If you want to snorkel, there are better places in the area.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Awesome place to stay for a vacation"
I love the hotel, their service, cleanliness. The people are very friendly and they assist you at each and every step. I tried every restaurant inside and everything was unique and good for itself. I would definitely go back to the same in the future.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
sashi
"The best"
Awesome location and staff who remember their guest. I returned a year later and same staff were working and remembered me. Very sweet.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
jackie
"Beautiful hotel highly recommend it"
The hotel was beautiful and the staff were all extremely nice and helpful. They spoiled us. I would def stay there again!
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Margaret
"Relaxation"
Everything was perfect. The stuff are friendly and professional. The quality of food also very good. I recommend it for families and romantic moments especially night.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Staff truly take the experience to another level, made me feel like a king!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
travelguru
"nice hotel"
the only thing that I do not like is that somebody start to take articles from the small refrigerator in the room and they charged to my account,I complained and they took it off my bill,because I was not taking anything from the small refrigerator.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Francisco
Lots of seaweed on the beach...not a little but tons.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Relaxing"
The beds are not comfortable enough, the pay per movies are very overpriced, the bus is available to go to the store or shopping areas. Overall. Really happy but at $400 a night. Its expected to be top notch
4 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
michael
Great service, nice beach front and pool service. Pricey and room service is expensive as well but great experience. Rooms are modern and clean and the in-hotel restaurants are good. Free wifi is only in the front lobby. Live jazz nightly.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
HS
"Friendly Staff and Excellent Service"
Went to the Ritz Carlton Cancun with my family for 1 week. We were greeted by friendly staff upon our arrival and treated to a tropical fruit drink, nice touch. First night we had dinner at Fantino's and food and service were excellent. We enjoyed being pool side as pool attendants were friendly, accommodating and eager to serve. Everyone from the ladies who clean and prepare your room, to the doormen who great you and the concierge who make dinner recommendations, were all very friendly. We would definitely return to this hotel and would feel proud to recommend it. Thank You Ritz Carlton Cancun for a great stay and memorable time.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Efren
"Excellent service. The people are amazing."
Hotel is on the beach and the pool is amazing with excellent service and food.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Amazing hotel, staff, location, and services."
Overall excellent experience. Amazing location, staff were amazing, friendly and attented to your needs.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
jose
"Great service, great location and great food"
Beautiful hotel, great jewelry shops, the best views, great staff , best service and friendly faces ;)
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
jodi
"Awesome"
You don't have enough stars to give the Ritz Carlton Cancun JUST ALL OUT AMAZING, FOOD WAS UNBELIEVABLE, CUSTOMERS SERVICE EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATION next year I will be returning back here It was well worth the price I DONT HAVE NOT ONE COMPLAINT a billion star hotel excellent, excellent, excellent
7 night trip Jul 12, 2015
Milranda
"Best vacation ever!"
Our family had the best week at the Ritz Carlton. The service , without a doubt, was the best our family had experienced. The housekeeping staff was outstanding along with the pool staff. I loved that we were greeted by everyone in the lobby daily and they remembered our names. Our family loves to travel and stay in great hotels. This is our best experience to date. We're changing our plans for next summer so we can come back and take part in the turtle release. We missed them being born yesterday.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Katy
"You get what you pay for"
The Ritz is expensive relative to the massive all-inclusive resorts all around Cancun but the service and facilities are excellent. If there is any possible way of them satisfying a request you make they'll find a way to make it happen. We've stayed twice and can't wait until our next trip. Worth every penny.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Alex
"Bed smelled wet"
Bed sheets smelled stinky and wet, steak is not prime meat and when you ask for medium well but get dripping and oozing blood makes you think if there is a real chef. Concierge couldn't be bothered asked him for help and he answered the phone and left me standing there. Worse is hotel management isn't anywhere to be found. Lastly witnessed a lady from housekeeping spraying glass cleaner into two glasses then she walked back into the room. How Do I know it was glass cleaner, I walked up to the cart and read the label. When I informed front desk manager he said we don't know what exactly she was spraying into glass cups.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"VERY NICE DECORATIONS AND THE STAFF ITS INCREDIBLE"
VERY NICE EXPERIENCE, THE MOST IMPORTANT ITS THE STAFF THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL THEY ALWAYS VERY ATTENTIVE
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Perfect service in a manner that is rare nowadays"
The best service we have ever received from any Ritz Carlton- worldwide. We have always loved the Ritz Carlton group, but this one manages to make one feel as if one is a cherished friend! All of the services etc. are superb, but the personal attention to detail is beyond compare. The staff do not just meet the guests needs; they predict and consistently exceed them. If one wants to truly relax, be pampered and be treated with immense respect and solicitude- this is undoubtedly the right hotel for one's stay. I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel!
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
G
"awesome"
This hotel's staff is wonderful! I think this is Rits. Unfortunately, the room is too small(but its so clean). especially the powder room is small, so I couldn't put my stuff anywhere.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
akito
"Complete Satisfaction"
True to the RC reputation and expectations.
7 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Serafin
The staff is wonderful and goes out of their way to welcome and assist their guests. There is a good brunch every morning and the restaurant outdoors is best for lunch and dinner. The other interior restaurants are just ok. I would definitely return again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great accomodations, great service! I would definitely recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Great beach and high quality service"
Great stretch of beach and well trained staff. Some good restaurants across the street and the hotel restaurants arereally good but a bit stuffy. Room was updated and clean. the pool area is dated, in good condition but feels old school. Take advantage of the beach setup service, the guys are nice and efficient. We split our time between here and Mayakoba. Beach here was awesome, while the resort down in Mayakoba was amazing but beach less so. Will stay here again next time in Cancun.
3 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Darrell
"Fabulousness"
Excellent service!!!
4 night trip Jun 6, 2015
Angela
"It's not the newest, but has the best staff by far"
We have come to Cancun every year and try a different hotel every time. The Ritz is a little dated, but is extremely clean and well kept. The staff were incredible and the service was first class. Extremely peacefull. I will definitely return here.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"nice hotel clean beach, excellent service"
really nice place. great service, clean resort nice staff
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
"Beautiful hotel on the best area of Cancun's shore"
Perfect I cannot imagine how our stay could have been improved. the property, staff, location, dining and everything about our stay was perfect.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Mary Catherine
"Lived up to expectations"
We chose the hotel based on other customer reviews and we weren't disappointed. Great location, nice room, good facilities, very friendly and attentive staff throughout the hotel - would go back there in a heartbeat.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015