All hotels in Cornelia, Georgia, United States of America
1105 Hwy 441 Business, Cornelia, GA, 30531, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

"Worst. Hotel. Ever."
We booked this hotel for three days but after two disastrous days we left early. We were told that they would not refund our money since we booked through Expedia. To date we still haven't seen a refund for the night that we didn't stay there. Why did we leave? The black out curtains had holes in them. When we reported this to the front desk, they shrugged their shoulders and said that they knew about it. Then we went to swim in the pool, only to be chased out of there by the front desk staff because it apparently hadn't been cleared by the health inspector! There was no sign on the door at all, nor were we told not to use it upon check in. The free breakfast consisted of a TOTAL of five french toast sticks, stale biscuits and some very soggy, bagged danishes in the corner. The front desk clerk (one of them ) brought her children with her and they played in the front area for many hours (I know because I was trying to work on my computer out there). An elderly gentleman went to the front desk to ask if there were any pharmacies or doctor's offices open as he'd forgotten his medicine. She told him no and went back to reading her book. I looked it up for him on my computer! The hair dryer in the room shot off sparks, the air conditioner was either freezing cold or blistering hot...and when I complained, I was told that I was a liar. I travel ALOT and I have NEVER witnessed such horrid customer service or mismanagement in my life.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Melody
"Pleasant location near edge of town"
The hotel is a good walk from the center of town but this allowed us a chance to see the beautiful stream as we walked into town as well as notice some antique stores we would have otherwise missed.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
gene
Dirty sheets. Used soap from previous guest and their hair products in tub...so obviously not clean. No towels...only hand towels. Smelly. Moved to another room and walls were dirty, cigarette burns/stains on sink counter, still had to ask for towels. No replacement soap or shampoo on next night. Seems they don't like to exert much effort to clean here. Some staff were nice though.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
"weekend trip with church"
My family and I have stayed here for the last 3 years when our church hosts its annual camp meeting. The staff is always friendly & helpful. Our kids enjoy the pool. I am looking forward to next year.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"Quiet convenient"
Only problem was a shortage of towels
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"hard to find"
Our north star had trouble finding the address and sent us to an area 5 miles out of the way, even with the hotel address.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2013
"Clean comfortable and convienent"
Comfortable, clean and a very good breakfast. As expected....Would recommend!
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
Greg
"Good place for a couple day stay"
Friendly front desk. Rooms were clean. Doors are a funky green color though. Only issue was not enough seating for breakfast rush but that's a minor problem.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Doc
"Not great..."
Bed was comfortable, and clean, but the fridge was littered with smears of fingerprints and who knows what else...bathtub hadn't been scrubbed in, maybe ever. Dust was pretty thick on the headboard and alarm clock. The foot stool to the chair had 3 legs! Why not just throw it away??? Also a Hampton inn was directly behind it and was not listed on hotels.com :(
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
Very bad customer service. Awful experience ended up leaving and staying at a different hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2013
"Nice hotel close to Helen."
We stayed here for our trip to Helen. The hotel was nice and clean. The rooms need to be updated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool is listed as heated. It is not heated. The water was super cold. My kids swam for 5 minutes and got out because it was too cold. Overall I would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Weekend gateaway"
It was a pleasant stay. Need to have two waffle maker for sure to expedite the line. My family really enjoyed going down the hallway for early breakfast. Coffee was good as well. Next to Walmart was a plus.Thank you.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
AG
Pros: Good Location, friendly staff Cons: Carpet needed cleaning, coffee and breakfast not good ( Chick-Filet was across the street. Great breakfast and coffee), internet kept disconnecting
3 night trip Oct 10, 2013
T. Lewis
"Non-Smoking, However . . ."
We intentionally booked a non-smoking room, however our room reeked of cigarette smoked. It was as if they needed a non-smoking room and used a smoking room real quick. We also found small personal items from the previous tenants in the room. In addition, the bathroom could have used a little more attention by the cleaning service. As for the positive, it's in a great location - 16 miles from Helen and about the same for Ruby Falls. If I had it to do over, I'd stay at the newer Hampton next door!
2 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2013
"Spontaneous ROADTRIP!!"
Margo was fantastic!! So helpful and nice!! Room was clean and reasonably priced!! Had a great weekend!!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Good location
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Diana
"Baymont Inn, Cornelia, Georgia."
The hotel staff was great. The free breakfast was sub-standard.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"We were not impressed."
Obviously, the Expedia confirmation number means nothing to the hotel staff. We reserved 2 rooms, we arrived late and we were tired. They could not find one of our reservations even though we had printed the first page of each confirmation. After much time went by, they booked us into an additional room and we went to our rooms and unpacked. Expedia had said the reservations were non refundable. Fearing that we would end up paying for 3 rooms, we went back to the lobby and looked up the confirmation emails on the hotel computer. We had forgotten that the second reservation was under the name of our guest. With that information, they refunded the extra room they had charged us for and that guest (with a 3 year old child) had to repack her things and move to a different room. Also, the rooms came with 2 sets of towels and 4 of us stayed in one room. We asked for 2 more towels and they told us they absolutely don't have any extra towels.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Super comfy beds!!!"
Staff was great. Beds comfy comfy comfy! Didn't have eggs or sausage for bfast but overall I'd love stay here again!!!
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Last minute choice on the road"
Easy to get confused with another hotel chain sign & driveway at the same place. Very satisfied with our stay. Got a late start in the morning so breakfast choices wee kind of picked over, but that was our fault not theirs.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Better hotels to stay at"
The rooms were clean, okay. After being out, we would return to find that the housekeeping staff did not leave new sets of towels in the bathroom. We sometimes used our own beach towels to dry off after bathing. The breakfast food was bland, not very appetizing. I really thought that the staff could make the breakfast that was served to the customers better, offering more of a variety of food. My kids and I ate elsewhere for breakfast. Finally, the pool was suspicious looking, my kids and brother, not swimming in it at times. The staff would comment on the pool, warning my family members if it was wise to swim in the pool.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"never enough towels..and did not empty waste cans"
Middle of the rode..great shower though..will knock you down
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Nice place to stop"
The staff was helpful. The "heated" indoor pool was a bit cold, but otherwise, the hotel was a comfortable place to stay for the night.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Did not have a good breakfast during our stay...L"
Good but not great
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
Griff
"This one will be a Super 8 soon"
About the same quality as a Super 8. Not many choices for the area. Probably would stay again but would have lowered expectations.
2 night business trip Jul 24, 2013
"Baymont inn"
The hotel is on the older side and the location is right off the highway. The rooms were clean but i wish i had known about other places in the area that might have been more updated.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2013
G
"Last resort"
I booked four rooms in conjunction with a family death. All four rooms were not clean, carpets hadn't been swept in quite a while, and a couple had "strange" discolorations on the walls. Furniture, if there was anything other than a desk was badly stained. Beds were barely comfortable. One roomed had to be changed because of issues. This was the best available after I found that the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express didn't have 4 rooms available. We would not stay there again...would drive to Clayton or beyond if necessary!
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Unsatisfied
Friendly service. No complaints.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2013
Vicki
"Disappointing"
I would have to say the hotel owner needs to review this room. Half full shampoo, crumbs on floor, burn marks on linens, bathroom not very clean. Overall very poor.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
T
"Nice hotel... Great Staff"
We stayed at the hotel for an overnight family trip to Helen. It was very close to Helen without the Helen prices. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We had a king size room with a roll-away crib for our daughter. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The only thing we disliked about the room was that the AC had only cold for a temp. No matter where we set it we were either freezing or stuffy because we turned it off. Other than that, this was a great hotel and we will be staying here again in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
Rebecca B
"Nice place to crash for the night."
We were traveling for a wedding and just looking for a place to sleep. Our King Bed was great. Room was quiet and nice. Breakfast was fine.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2013
RC&
"Good experience"
Friendly staff, nice accomodations, and a good experience overall.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2013
"Clean and very friendly staff."
Quick stay over while traveling so it was a brief but pleasant experience.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"You get what you pay for I suppose"
It was a relatively decent hotel for the money.
2 night trip May 31, 2013
Hotels.com Deal
"My opinion"
Overall we had a good stay but there were two problems. One was the refrigerator was frozen up so it was not cold enough to keep our food and drinks fresh. The other was the jacuzzi tub, the water was leaving black deposits in the bottom of tub so we were not able to take an enjoyable soak. But the service was good and they were very apologetic about the water and fridge situation.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2013
"great for anyone"
It was a good stay. The beds could of been more comfortable, but oh well
Other trip May 25, 2013
"Close to Helen GA"
Hotel Staff was amazing. I had trouble getting the Wireless internet to work and the gentleman at the front desk told me to bring my computer downstairs and he would take care of it for me, which he did. We were also given extra towels anytime we asked. The indoor pool was nice. The only thing was that the ice machines did not work when we tried to get ice.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Weekend
"Comfortable beds"
My overall stay was satisfactory for the intended purpose of getting some good rest after driving all day.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
The hotel provided the perfect location for a surprise visit to family in a nearby town. Thanks!!
1 night trip May 10, 2013
enjoyed our stay. we will stay here again next year.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
"Happy About it"
Very friendly staff and the breakfast and location where excellent! Rated it a 4 for cleanliness of room cause there was some black spot from hand prints on the bathroom walls and just by the lip around the bed just some left over dirt but that's about it! Could have use a little more selection in vending machines but I would defiantly stay there again! Bed was VERY comfortable!
1 night trip May 3, 2013
Tommy R
Beds were not made, trash not taken and only left 2 bath towels one looked like a rag because ir had holes. I let the desk know when I checked out.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Very nice"
Hotel was clean and comfortable. It was also easy to locate and the staff was friendly. Couldn't have asked for anything more.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
Kiera
Extremely pleasant for the price. Very friendly staff.Would book again.
3 night romance trip Apr 14, 2013
"Not what it used to be."
Been using this hotel for the last 2 1/2 years when attending events at my daughter's college. I was very pleased during the first year of our stays at Baymont...but I must admit that I have become somewhat disappointed during recent visits. It seems that the management is taking steps to cut down on costs, which unfortunately is also cutting down on quality of service. The housecleaning has been spotty and the breakfast has become shotty. Last time we stayed 2 nights, the room was not made up. And apparently, if you are not in the lobby by 7:30am...you lose out on the option for gravy, fruit, danishes, orange juice and coffee.. We stayed here last weekend and the breakfast tables were never cleaned. We may need to consider the Hampton or Super 8 down the road. for future stays.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
Bradscoffee
Had a very unorganized staff with terrible management. Towels we're dirty, pool not heated at all, there was no Jacuzzi as advertised, and had to drive an hour to get anywhere other than Walmart.
6 night business trip Apr 1, 2013
Sydney
"Has potential to be great but has some issues!"
Upon arrival at 4pm, was given a room but the room was not cleaned yet. Noticed the employee was in the process, so we went back down to the lobby and waited for a bit. Was never asked if anything was wrong. Went up again and noticed that the room was still open, so I notified the clerk and they got me another room. The cleaning person did apologize over an over because he was the only one cleaning and had 17 rooms. Said, "no problem, I understand". Upon checking the room out, we noticed the fabric chair was stained all over and I just stayed away from it. The coffee grind package was used, only 1 towel in bathroom. We went swimming that night and the heated pool was awesome and refreshing, but I noticed the second night of swimming, none of the used towels or stuff laying around was cleaned up. The breakfast looked good from a distance but more issues there and I could tell other travelers were frustrated too. Orange juice dispenser just had water, no milk one morning, just empty containers, hockey puck biscuits with gravy, no hot water for the oatmeal packs, etc.. I didn't complain because we expected just cereal and juice. Overall I would say the rating is down the middle. This hotel looks nice from the outside and could really have potential to be a 5 star if only the workers would take pride in their hotel and challenged to make it better.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2013
Okay hotel, clean and very accessible to locale stores and restaurants. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Had in room coffee maker with coffee and tea, but no cream, sugar or cups to drink out of.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2013
one nighter
"Very nice hotel"
The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast could definitely be better but overall this is not bad at all for the price.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2013