All hotels in Vienna, Austria

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Great amenities
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Breakfast is average
"my first visit but not the last one"
it is good comparing by room price, with good location
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear Adel, This is a wonderful review and we are very happy about it. Thank you that you have visited the IMLAUER & Nestroy and took the time for this feedback. Our location is really very comfortable, no matter if you want to explore the city center by foot or use the nearby subway stations. It is very good to hear that you were greatly satisfied with the price for value of the hotel. Also your remark that you would like to visit us again is a huge compliment for us. Thank you so much. We are definitely looking forward to welcome you again. With best regards, Gerald Wlcek – General Manager Hotel IMLAUER & Nestroy Vienna
4 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Adel
"Very good hotel, clean, modern, efficient"
We stayed there 4 nights and the quality of the hotel is very good. Staff at the reception is OK, not overwhelming. Excellent price for value. Not in the main city centre but very close by foot. We almost never used metro. However when we needed it, 2 metro stations were very close.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear guest, Thank you for your very good review. It is nice to hear that you hat a great stay in our hotel and appreciated the near location to the city center very much. Thank you for mentioning the very good price for value. This is an important feedback for us. It is a pity therefore that you did not have the same appreciation for our breakfast. The breakfast buffet includes a wide range of hot and cold drinks and likewise hot and cold dishes. You have a lot of choices from salmon and sparkling wine to yoghurt and cereals, from different kinds of coffee to juices and a selection of teas and much more. And the best of all: As it is a buffet you can try anything or even everything. We would be very delighted to welcome you again and maybe next time you will give our breakfast buffet a try. With Season’s Greetings, Gerald Wlcek - General Manager Hotel IMLAUER & Nestroy Vienna
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
"Business hotel that suits a family well"
Fantastic sauna and other austria touches! This busy hotel is about a 30 minute walk to the heart of vienna. The neighborhood is peaceful and public transportation is a block away.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
"Okay stay"
went on a girls trip and stayed here in vienna. Overall the sauna facilities were great, the hotel is fine and suited our purposes. Neighborhood was very quiet. We arrived late and could only eat at mcdonalds but the rest of our stay we had no problems finding good food. Wifi a bit slow at times.
2 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
Kathryn
"Very nice!"
We love it.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2015
Sergio
"I enjoyed my stay very much."
I got free upgrade(at least what they said). I showed up early they still let me check in(11 30am). I got put to the other side of street in their sister hotel. Room is nice very nice and everything was good. I had a good stay . Staff were friendly and helpful. Only thing bothers me a little bit is the breakfast cost my 18 euro .
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
patrick
This is a great place to stay. The location is close to the center of Vienna but comfortably set back a bit. The staff at the front desk was helpful and pleasant. Room was very nice, clean and well appointed. Perfect for all but the most persnickety traveller. I didn't rate it over the top on all the measurements because it's not that kind of hotel. It is simply very nice and very solid.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Hans
"Very good hotel bad wifi"
Very good hotel room in every way but wifi...that service was very poor, slow, totally dropped signal/connection several times. Had to resort to going to McDonnalds to get good wifi every day
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"great place to stay..."
Great place to stay... near to everything including attractions and train stations. Great place over all.
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
Diego
"it's OK for the price"
This hotel is actually in 3 different buildings. I got the feeling that the hotels.com deal was in the crappiest of the 3 buildings - although it was fine. The reception is in the main building with the pretty facade and I was across the street a short walk of about 20 meters. IN the hotel I was in there was no reception or facilities at all. The breakfast is very poor considering the price tag of 18 euros. It would have been fine at 5 euro, or complimentary, but in comparison to other hotel offerings it is insufficient. It's an OK hotel for the price, but next time I would try to find something within 10 euros more that also included a breakfast. Also it's pretty far from the city center and is usually "off" the maps of central vienna. The best ubahn stations to reach it are taborstrasse and nestroyplatz in that order.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
christopher
"Nice hotel, good price"
The hotel is not far from center, pretty good location. The room is small, nothing special, but clean, quite and comfortable. Bath facilities are ok. We spent only one night there, so can't tell much, but for another trip we will select it again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Yuriy
"Good location, poor service"
Bad front desk. Hotel lost reservation, blamed me for using hotels.com. Room was fine, nothing special. Location was nice and close to old town, very walkable.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Our family had a great stay in Nestroy. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staffs were very kind too. I would recommend everyone to stay in this hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Phoebe
"Will stay there again"
Clean, updated room. Good price
2 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"Vienna"
Great service, clean rooms and well maintained property. There are actually three properties at this location and we stayed at the Nestroy across the street from the Imlauer, which is the main property where breakfast is served and you have access to exercise room. Nice quiet location about 10 minute walk from city center. Would stay there again.
4 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"none"
It was clean and centrally located. Parking was bit of an issue however I would stay there again.
1 night trip May 24, 2015
This is a very good location for subways shopping and the main downtown square. The room is neat, comfy and adequate. TV needs English channels. But the main inconvenience.... NO iron in the room. You need to take you wrinkled clothes down to the lobby, passed the front desk and passed the buffet line and walk downstairs to the basement. There in a little dark hallway is your iron.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"A Great Deal on a Good Hotel"
All in all, very good. Fully refurbished interior of older building, nicely done. Lot's of space, very high ceilings, well equipped. Good location, easy transit access to all parts of the city. Good value for the money.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
Was a pleasant stay at Hotel Nestroy. Breakfast a little pricey but was enjoyable.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice hotel with average staff"
I liked the hotel in general. Clean and well located. Unfortulately I did not have a good experience with the hotel staff. They made a confusion with a reservation for a concert and I needed to pay more than what it was supposed. When I reported the issue to the hotel attendant he did not give me any attention.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Nice location"
Location near to metro and mini-market. Newly renovated lobby but room still a bit old. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Overall a good hotel to stay.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
S.Sim
Hotel with good infrastructure and location, which I know to appreciate as a long-time former Vienna resident: very close to underground, Karmeliter market, the Augarten park and the City.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Andy
"This hotel stole money from my credit card"
Everything was good in this hotel except hotel staff. The staff on reception was not friendly. Also this hotel freeze 50 EUR as a deposit and DID NOT RETURN MONEY on my credit card when I checked out. I was in this hotel from 6th to 9th of October and still now they did not make a money refund. I wrote the letter via e-mail to administration but did not receive any answer from them.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately it seems that there is a big misunderstanding. Once guests are checking in at one of our property, we only take an authorization as a guarantee for any extras the guest might consume – once our guests are checking out, our system is automatically using the autorization for the payment if there are any extras and otherwise it is automatically cancelling the authorization – depending on the guests bank it might take up to 30 working days till the release. Due to several aspects we are not allowed and also not able to charge any unauthorized amount to any guest credit cards… Further to this, all emails which we are receiving are usually processed within 24hours, I regret that your email did apparently not arrive. Best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Anton
"Close to the bus terminal and metro"
Friendly staff. Clean and quite environment. Restaurant has wonder soup.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
james
"Nice hotel between two rail stations"
Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, female staff more helpful than male. Located between two rail stations. No A/C because the weather was too cold-70 degrees out.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
KM
"Close enough to the city centre"
The hotel is situated just north of the city center across the Danube Canal. It was very easy for my husband and myself to walk to the city center as well as the nearby Prater where the ferris wheel (as seen in "The Third Man"), and an amusement park, is located. The hotel is conveniently located very close to two underground train stations and the trolley bus. The hotel and room were very clean and the service was very good at the front desk. We didn't eat breakfast there, as it wasn't included in the price.
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
"Pictures look nicer! Ants in the room"
Don't be fooled by the nice pictures they have... The hotel looks nice only for 1 second then when you see the elevator you will know its not a nice hotel!! I don't understand how 4 stars for this hotel!!! I mean if you pay 50$ and they tell you its 3 stars you will like it but with the prices and hotel rating i had I was veryyyyy disapointed!! The first day we found ANTS in the room!!!! That made me soooo angry!! Everytime I called the reception to get something, they were saying to come downstairs to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again if you spend really cheap, u can go for this hotel.... But if you want a nice hotel, don't go there!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Mimi
Nice little gem of a hotel! Good location and easy access to major attractions!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Joan
"Poor price x performance"
3 nights. The staff does not give much information/tips for tourists - not very helpful.
3 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"nice services and clean"
We enjoyed our stay. Central location and good customer service.
3 night trip Oct 1, 2014
ashley
Our room, even by European standards was incredibly small. When I went to turn on the bedside light, it fell out of the wall. The room was incredibly loud, with people outside of our room yelling and laughing all night. The elevator stopped in between floors, so you had to haul your luggage up or down a flight of stairs to get to your room. There was no bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. in the bathroom, only liquid soap on the wall. The shower leaked so badly it ran out into the room, soaking the carpet. Toilet didn't flush properly, had to be flushed two or three times each use. Was quite a bit off the attractions, but close to the metro. Breakfast was good, but not included in the room.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Gretchen
"All the basics"
The place was located to two metro lines, the room was spacious and clean, the staff was friendly, and the place was close to restaurants and a few grocery stores. It's a great hotel for someone who want to see all the sites, and wants a comfy place to crash at night. Highly recommended. Great value.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
TJ
"Would re viit"
Great deal excellent cost benefit. Wrll located. Excellent breakfast.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Lucho
Front desk was very helpful in getting around and suggestions for dining.
4 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Comfortable hotel"
The room was relatively large and had everything I needed. The hotel is between two different subway lines (1 and 2) and also very close to tram line 2 which continues around the ring and can be used for an easy connection to the CAT train or the airport bus. I even walked to the city center (Stefansplatz) a couple of times. The gym and sauna areas were surprisingly nice, but the gym opened slightly too late in the morning for my needs (it is open from 7 am to late in the evening). The price/quality relationship for the room was excellent, and I would recommend this hotel to both leisure and business travelers alike.
3 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
RP
"Disappointing Hotel"
I stayed here for a few days, but the internet was horrible and inconsistent. The cleaners did not change the sheets in all the days I was here, nor did they take out the trash. The location is not very pretty, even though it appears through the pictures that they are near the river and that it is very nice here. I had to keep the light of my bathroom so that my cellphone and laptop could charge...I still don't know why that is the case. Even the finishings in the room appear to be cheap. In all, the people of the hotel are very nice, but the hotel is nothing like it was advertised.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, Thank you for reviewing our property. I am very sorry that you could not enjoy your stay with us and I regret the inconveniences mentioned. Please be assured that we do our very best in every single case in order to hold and improve our good quality. Our housekeeping staff does usually clean all the guest rooms on a daily base, trash is also usually removed once they clean the rooms and sheets are changed after 4 nights – the only exception might be, if a guest does hang out the do not disturb sing or the „environment-sign“ – in both of the mentioned cases our housekeeping staff is not allowed to enter any guest rooms! Regarding the WIFI I am very sorry too, usually we do not have any issues with it – please note that we do provide room changes and we also provide our guests with solutions once we are notified about the cases! Thank you for your feedback about our staff. However, I do hope that you visit us again, best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Hard to reach but worth the try..."
As thrifty travelers, my wife and I tend to use big cities' public transportation rather than flagging down taxis and " be taken for a ride " by an unscrupulous taxi driver. As you may guess, it was not easy for us to reach Nestroy Hotel. The blame should fall upon Vienna's elder city planners rather than to this hotel in question. We got lost both on our way to it, and on the second day of our stay in Vienna. You walk and miss a turn: you will wind up at a point "B", half a mile away from point "A". It felt like becoming a big silver ball inside an old flipper game. Well so much about our outside experience. Reaching Nestroy Hotel, we were cordially welcomed by an experienced, multilingual staff who provided us information about everything we wanted to know and/or visit. Our room was finely decorated, very clean and spacious. Breakfast on the ground level was superb. For travelers who want to enjoy a drink, the hotel offers a variety of cocktails and, of course, great beer. In my opinion, this was my favorite hotel of six different ones in our two week vacation through Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic. Nestroy may be hard to reach but worth the try...
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Chilensis
Very good hotel to stay with your family.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"a bit far from center of town but very nice."
Good value, clean and spacious!
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
The blonde lady at the lobby was very rude, asked me three times my credit card pin code supposedly because the computer system was not working, as if it was my fault. She never offered me a smile, treated us like kids. (JULY 23 19:00) She is definitely a liability for Nestroy
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Love that it was in the heart of the city; we didn't have to walk too far to get to the main attraction.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
I like it nice good servise and clean
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Very Close to must see sights"
It was very nice and the people were great!!!
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Helene
"Close to metro"
Clean good servise
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
E. A.
"Good Value Hotel"
This is a hotel that will likely feel familiar to American travelers, in terms of amenities and facilities. This hotel offers a good price and location, good hotel bar, fitness center, etc. The service is polite and efficient. The breakfast is over-priced, but good.
4 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Adam
"close to all must-see sights in old city center"
We enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed across from Nestroy, a brand new remodeled suite for three of us. Nice and clean, quiet and very comfortable. Check-in & out were very easy and fast. Very convenient location, Airport shuttle station is only about 10min walk, it comes every 30min. 8 euro each way, round trip is a better deal. U line stations are about 5min away. U lines are the easy way to take to old city center for 2.2 euro. Actually about 20min you can walk to old city center, but we were too tired. They recommended a restaurant one block away. The food is good, but a little too quiet to walk at late night, didn’t see many people on the street. It seemed ok though, not sure, better to be safe at foreign country.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
DT
"Great Hotel!"
Hotel Nestroy is beautiful! We had a room in the additional building across the street but this did not hinder the service provided by the staff at this wonderful hotel! The room was modern, beautiful and comfortable! The shower is small which would be my only complaint but I found this to be true everywhere in our stay across Europe. We asked the hotel for a recommendation for dinner one night and was very pleasantly surprised by the restaurant they recommended (can't remember full name but it started off with "Hans"). I would not hesitate to stay here again on a future visit to Vienna! Great location (not far from the center of Vienna, and right up from the Metro). We had no problem with the wifi once we were connected.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Convenient to Subway and Historic Centre"
A short walk to subway station. Also walked to a good neighborhood restaurant one night.
3 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"A nice centralized hotel with modern facilities"
Had an excellent experience at this hotel as it was close to everything, had a charming and modern side kick along with the nicest staff EVER.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Excellent choice, super for families"
Well located, recently renovated, friendly staff, good breakfast although a little pricey!
Other trip Jun 19, 2014