All hotels in Vienna, Austria
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereRotensterngasse 12, Vienna, Vienna, 1020, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A Great Deal on a Good Hotel"
All in all, very good. Fully refurbished interior of older building, nicely done. Lot's of space, very high ceilings, well equipped. Good location, easy transit access to all parts of the city. Good value for the money.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
Was a pleasant stay at Hotel Nestroy. Breakfast a little pricey but was enjoyable.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice location"
Location near to metro and mini-market. Newly renovated lobby but room still a bit old. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Overall a good hotel to stay.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
S.Sim
Hotel with good infrastructure and location, which I know to appreciate as a long-time former Vienna resident: very close to underground, Karmeliter market, the Augarten park and the City.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Andy
"This hotel stole money from my credit card"
Everything was good in this hotel except hotel staff. The staff on reception was not friendly. Also this hotel freeze 50 EUR as a deposit and DID NOT RETURN MONEY on my credit card when I checked out. I was in this hotel from 6th to 9th of October and still now they did not make a money refund. I wrote the letter via e-mail to administration but did not receive any answer from them.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately it seems that there is a big misunderstanding. Once guests are checking in at one of our property, we only take an authorization as a guarantee for any extras the guest might consume – once our guests are checking out, our system is automatically using the autorization for the payment if there are any extras and otherwise it is automatically cancelling the authorization – depending on the guests bank it might take up to 30 working days till the release. Due to several aspects we are not allowed and also not able to charge any unauthorized amount to any guest credit cards… Further to this, all emails which we are receiving are usually processed within 24hours, I regret that your email did apparently not arrive. Best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Anton
"Close to the bus terminal and metro"
Friendly staff. Clean and quite environment. Restaurant has wonder soup.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
james
"Nice hotel between two rail stations"
Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, female staff more helpful than male. Located between two rail stations. No A/C because the weather was too cold-70 degrees out.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
KM
"Close enough to the city centre"
The hotel is situated just north of the city center across the Danube Canal. It was very easy for my husband and myself to walk to the city center as well as the nearby Prater where the ferris wheel (as seen in "The Third Man"), and an amusement park, is located. The hotel is conveniently located very close to two underground train stations and the trolley bus. The hotel and room were very clean and the service was very good at the front desk. We didn't eat breakfast there, as it wasn't included in the price.
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
"Pictures look nicer! Ants in the room"
Don't be fooled by the nice pictures they have... The hotel looks nice only for 1 second then when you see the elevator you will know its not a nice hotel!! I don't understand how 4 stars for this hotel!!! I mean if you pay 50$ and they tell you its 3 stars you will like it but with the prices and hotel rating i had I was veryyyyy disapointed!! The first day we found ANTS in the room!!!! That made me soooo angry!! Everytime I called the reception to get something, they were saying to come downstairs to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again if you spend really cheap, u can go for this hotel.... But if you want a nice hotel, don't go there!
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, thank you very much for your review. I regret that your experience during your stay with us was not as expected. Please note that Hotel Nestroy has an official 4star rating and does of course fulfill all the necessary standards. Further to this, please note that for $50 you will not get a 3 star Hotel in Vienna - for this value of money you could only stay at youth-hostels...for the period of your stay we had special offers, where rooms were sold under 100Euro which is more then fair! Sorry for the ants in your room - usually my staff provides our guests with room changes and/or solutions for such situations. I would suggest you better book a 5star Hotel for your next visit in Vienna for about 200-300 Euro per night where you will be for sure more then satisfied. Best regards Daniel Zwieb Assistant General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Mimi
Nice little gem of a hotel! Good location and easy access to major attractions!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Joan
"Poor price x performance"
3 nights. The staff does not give much information/tips for tourists - not very helpful.
3 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"nice services and clean"
We enjoyed our stay. Central location and good customer service.
3 night trip Oct 1, 2014
ashley
"All the basics"
The place was located to two metro lines, the room was spacious and clean, the staff was friendly, and the place was close to restaurants and a few grocery stores. It's a great hotel for someone who want to see all the sites, and wants a comfy place to crash at night. Highly recommended. Great value.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
TJ
"Would re viit"
Great deal excellent cost benefit. Wrll located. Excellent breakfast.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Lucho
Front desk was very helpful in getting around and suggestions for dining.
4 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Comfortable hotel"
The room was relatively large and had everything I needed. The hotel is between two different subway lines (1 and 2) and also very close to tram line 2 which continues around the ring and can be used for an easy connection to the CAT train or the airport bus. I even walked to the city center (Stefansplatz) a couple of times. The gym and sauna areas were surprisingly nice, but the gym opened slightly too late in the morning for my needs (it is open from 7 am to late in the evening). The price/quality relationship for the room was excellent, and I would recommend this hotel to both leisure and business travelers alike.
3 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
RP
"Disappointing Hotel"
I stayed here for a few days, but the internet was horrible and inconsistent. The cleaners did not change the sheets in all the days I was here, nor did they take out the trash. The location is not very pretty, even though it appears through the pictures that they are near the river and that it is very nice here. I had to keep the light of my bathroom so that my cellphone and laptop could charge...I still don't know why that is the case. Even the finishings in the room appear to be cheap. In all, the people of the hotel are very nice, but the hotel is nothing like it was advertised.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, Thank you for reviewing our property. I am very sorry that you could not enjoy your stay with us and I regret the inconveniences mentioned. Please be assured that we do our very best in every single case in order to hold and improve our good quality. Our housekeeping staff does usually clean all the guest rooms on a daily base, trash is also usually removed once they clean the rooms and sheets are changed after 4 nights – the only exception might be, if a guest does hang out the do not disturb sing or the „environment-sign“ – in both of the mentioned cases our housekeeping staff is not allowed to enter any guest rooms! Regarding the WIFI I am very sorry too, usually we do not have any issues with it – please note that we do provide room changes and we also provide our guests with solutions once we are notified about the cases! Thank you for your feedback about our staff. However, I do hope that you visit us again, best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Hard to reach but worth the try..."
As thrifty travelers, my wife and I tend to use big cities' public transportation rather than flagging down taxis and " be taken for a ride " by an unscrupulous taxi driver. As you may guess, it was not easy for us to reach Nestroy Hotel. The blame should fall upon Vienna's elder city planners rather than to this hotel in question. We got lost both on our way to it, and on the second day of our stay in Vienna. You walk and miss a turn: you will wind up at a point "B", half a mile away from point "A". It felt like becoming a big silver ball inside an old flipper game. Well so much about our outside experience. Reaching Nestroy Hotel, we were cordially welcomed by an experienced, multilingual staff who provided us information about everything we wanted to know and/or visit. Our room was finely decorated, very clean and spacious. Breakfast on the ground level was superb. For travelers who want to enjoy a drink, the hotel offers a variety of cocktails and, of course, great beer. In my opinion, this was my favorite hotel of six different ones in our two week vacation through Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic. Nestroy may be hard to reach but worth the try...
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Chilensis
Very good hotel to stay with your family.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"a bit far from center of town but very nice."
Good value, clean and spacious!
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
The blonde lady at the lobby was very rude, asked me three times my credit card pin code supposedly because the computer system was not working, as if it was my fault. She never offered me a smile, treated us like kids. (JULY 23 19:00) She is definitely a liability for Nestroy
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Love that it was in the heart of the city; we didn't have to walk too far to get to the main attraction.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
I like it nice good servise and clean
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Very Close to must see sights"
It was very nice and the people were great!!!
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Helene
"Close to metro"
Clean good servise
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
E. A.
"Good Value Hotel"
This is a hotel that will likely feel familiar to American travelers, in terms of amenities and facilities. This hotel offers a good price and location, good hotel bar, fitness center, etc. The service is polite and efficient. The breakfast is over-priced, but good.
4 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Adam
"close to all must-see sights in old city center"
We enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed across from Nestroy, a brand new remodeled suite for three of us. Nice and clean, quiet and very comfortable. Check-in & out were very easy and fast. Very convenient location, Airport shuttle station is only about 10min walk, it comes every 30min. 8 euro each way, round trip is a better deal. U line stations are about 5min away. U lines are the easy way to take to old city center for 2.2 euro. Actually about 20min you can walk to old city center, but we were too tired. They recommended a restaurant one block away. The food is good, but a little too quiet to walk at late night, didn’t see many people on the street. It seemed ok though, not sure, better to be safe at foreign country.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
DT
"Great Hotel!"
Hotel Nestroy is beautiful! We had a room in the additional building across the street but this did not hinder the service provided by the staff at this wonderful hotel! The room was modern, beautiful and comfortable! The shower is small which would be my only complaint but I found this to be true everywhere in our stay across Europe. We asked the hotel for a recommendation for dinner one night and was very pleasantly surprised by the restaurant they recommended (can't remember full name but it started off with "Hans"). I would not hesitate to stay here again on a future visit to Vienna! Great location (not far from the center of Vienna, and right up from the Metro). We had no problem with the wifi once we were connected.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Convenient to Subway and Historic Centre"
A short walk to subway station. Also walked to a good neighborhood restaurant one night.
3 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"A nice centralized hotel with modern facilities"
Had an excellent experience at this hotel as it was close to everything, had a charming and modern side kick along with the nicest staff EVER.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Excellent choice, super for families"
Well located, recently renovated, friendly staff, good breakfast although a little pricey!
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Victor
We loved vienna. The hotel is north of city center but near a subway station so getting to the parts of Vienna we wanted to see was easy and quick. The pricing offers good value and the internet was free and fast. Breakfast was not included.
4 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Good hotel"
We stayed 3 nights. Very nice hotel totally remodeled. Staff very nice. We just walked a few minutes over the bridge to restaurants and shops where all is happening. We took local train and bus which is easy to use. There are closer coffee houses, McDonald's and stores near the hotel. We liked location and got good rate. They do charge for breakfast and parking if you have a car. We would stay there again.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Emma K.
"Good price, super location"
This hotel is immaculate and located on a quiet side street. It's proximity to transit makes superior and the price is right. The staff was helpful, the decor was attractive and the room was quite adequate. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I go back to Vienna.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am happy to read through such a good review with so mutch great and positive feedback. I hope to see you next time. best regards Daniel Zwieb Assistant General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip May 27, 2014
Ted
"Nice place and good value. But a bit off the main"
I picked this hotel based on a rating I saw online. We are not disappointed. However do be prepared to take public transportation to get to some of the main attractions in town.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Ted
"10 minute walk to the ring"
Good location, easy walk to the old town plus easy acces to public transportation. The room was big and comfortable and recently updated. Friendly and helpful staff. Resonably priced except that their breakfast was 17 euro. Good, untouristy, restaurants close by. I would go back to this hotel.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Chuck
"Wouldn't go back."
The room was spacious and clean, however, the staff were not particularly helpful or friendly. And, while it was nice to have a tub, the shower enclosure was the poorest design I've ever seen. I couldn't take a shower without either getting hit by the shower door or, alternatively, letting the water run all over the floor. What irritated me the most, however, was the soap. Instead of individual bars, they provided a liquid soap in a dispenser. Ok, but it was nearly impossible for me to get the liquid out of the dispenser. Again, really a poor design. Bad enough for me to say that I would probably not return. Also, while the hotel did have an elevator, which was a plus, it lands between floors, instead of on floors, so you still have to lug your luggage either up or down stairs. Breakfast was also ridiculously expensive for what you got.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, Thank you for your time to share your comments here with other travellers. I regret to hear that you apparently did not enjoy your stay with us as our guest can rigtly expect while staying at one of our properties. Please be assured, that guest satisfaction has the first priority at all our brands and that we are doing our bests each single day in order to satisfy all our guest in every single situation. Please be also assured that I will take all your notes and discuss every single point together with my team in the next staff meeting in order to avoid any further inconveniences. I also will discuss the technical part with my chief engineer in order to find a solution for the mentioned points. Anyhow, I hope to see you again at any time at any our brands, best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip May 15, 2014
Other than the room cleaning not being done until 4:00 in the afternoon, all was good.
3 night trip May 4, 2014
Jeanne
"good location"
receptionist is helpful and service is fair... the building looks nice and the decoration of lobby loos modern, but the room design look a bit old fashion.... the room.... however, the room is large and you can walk freely.... location of hotel is convenient, two or three metro stops or 20 mins walk to city center.... one thing which make me dislike is stain was found on bed cover
3 night trip Apr 16, 2014
Gap
"OK Hotel"
Overall not bad. The hotel itself felt like it was in its heyday in the 90s, but outdated now. Not a bad thing, just not the most up-to-date facilities. Staff was friendly and very helpful.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Josh
"Close to Jewish Quarter"
Staff extremely helpful & friendly
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Great hotel downtown"
Overall great experience. Public transport and attractions are close.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, Thank you so much for your motivating feedback. It is good to hear, that you had a great experience while staying with us and I am happy to hear, that you fully enjoyed our spacious 2-bedroom-Junior-Suite with balcony access which most of our guest really prefere. See you again soon, best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"The perfect location"
The hotel is ideally located between two subway lines/stations in easy walking distance. This gives access to the whole city and as subways are operating on weekends 24 hours its also great for a late night out. Friendly helpful staff, well maintained hotel, modern and functional room, will definitely use it again when going to Vienna.
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2014
Hotel wasn't as close to the city center as I was expecting. Had I not arrived at night it might not have been a big deal to walk but, being at night in an unknown area, I was a bit fearful. The neighborhood looks a bit unsafe, but the receptionist assured us it was safe for two single American girls to walk around at night! Otherwise really close to the metro station & walking distance to the giant ferris wheel.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
Jackie
"Almost like home!"
Located in a cozy neighborhood! Away from hectic center that once you crossed the canal you felt like you entered an entirely new city! Close to everything and just minutes away by public transportation or a nice walk to the center! A short walk to the Saturday market Karmelkite and some cute and very good neighborhood eats around where you felt like a local and were treated as one! The room was a nice size and the bed and pillows comfortable! A nice size bathroom. No real toiletries though so bring your own moisterizer, conditioner, wash cloth, and shower cap etc. Only two of the many people who I saw working at the front desk even bothered to say hello to me as I passed by. Not terribly friendly or overly helpful nor concerned that I was enjoying my stay! The one question I had asked was interrupted by the phone ringing and the man at the desk took the call and never bothered to acknowledge me again so I went to my room expecting a follow up call which I never received. I am a very self sufficient traveller and actually don't like to be overly catered to so this hotel was a perfectly fit for me! Never had the breakfast. At 17 euro i thought it was a bit pricey when there are at least 3 bakeries, 2 supermarkets and a fruit Market within a 2 minute walk from the hotel! I would definately recommend it and stay there again.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
travel often!
"neat place, helpful staff"
The bartender taught us a lick of German. Helpful concierge.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Vienna Old town f"
Hotel is a short walk across the Danube Canal to the old town. Some places to eat in the vicinity and shops. Staff was very helpful with tour information and tickets. Room was a decent size, clean and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"lovely place to stay, centrally located"
room was lovely, staff were very helpful, room and hotel very clean, modern
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"Nice hotl, clean and calm."
I use the hotel only for sleeping, breakfast buffet is 17 €.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
oscar
"Very comfortable and clean stay!"
We were delightfully surprised by the cleanliness and comfort of the room. Everything was newly renovated with ahardware floor and one large kibg sized bed. We stayed for two nights and would happily return.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014