All hotels in Vienna, Austria
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereRotensterngasse 12, Vienna, Vienna, 1020, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Pretty nice"
The room was bigger than others we stayed in in Austria. There were some unfortunate steps between the elevator and our room which, with a stroller, was annoying.
2 night family trip Nov 30, 2013
Lukewarm family
"Great economical hotel"
I went to Vienna for the Christmas Markets and it was my first time in the city. The hotel is VERY clean and the bed and room was comfortable. The hotel is located in a good location. The Nestroy metro stop is only a few minutes walk and you can be down on the Stephansplatz in just a couple of minutes. The hotel staff treated me really well and they were helpful. The breakfast is 17 Euros. I am a experienced traveler in Europe and that is about the average price for a hotel breakfast. One option you can do is just go to the Praterstern metro station, which is just one stop from the Nestroyplatz station. The showers may be small if you are a big person and you may want to ask the staff if they have a larger shower on check in. The internet worked very well and I liked the doors to the inner courtyard balcony. Also, I always use Expedia when I travel internationally and this hotel treated me very well being a Expedia customer and I was very surprised with the extras I received for booking with Expedia. This is a great hotel for a trip to Vienna. Thanks Hotel Nestroy.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"Affordable and accessible"
Pleasant little hotel with courteous staff and reasonble prices. ideal for tourists on foot (parking is extra and street parking is for a fee, too). Accessible by two subways, however U2 is considerably closer (two minutes). It is good to get away from the hustle and bustle.
3 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2013
Imre
"Hotel Nestroy"
Great location! It's a 2 minute walk from metro (Taborstrase Station, Line U2). It's a 10-minute metro ride to Karlsplatz, where the State Opera House is located. A lot of other tourist attractions are also within 10-15 minutes (Schonbrunn, Hofburg Palace, St. Stephen's Cathedral, Rathaus, etc). The metro system makes it easy to get around. The hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating. I didn't have a european converter for my electronics. They could charge them for me at the front desk but I asked if I could just borrow it for the night and they were okay with that. There is a bar at the hotel. They serve appetizers there. I ordered a cheese plate one night and it was very good. I do not beleive they serve dinner there. Overall, it was a great value for the price.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Tanya
"Good and comfortable hotel, with large rooms"
Hotel was good, I received an upgrade and had a very nice room with a minibar, television and a shared balcony/terrace. The doors could open, which was nice for ventilation. The bathroom was spacious and clean, which was overall the case in the hotel. The hotel was 3 min walk from the U2 underground, and a bit further from the other underground. By U, the city is 5 min travel and the Messe is also about 5 min. If you rather walk, either is some 20-25 walk from the hotel, which is very nice as it is a nice walk. Recommendable!
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
B
"Good location, misleading advertisement."
Upon our initial arrival, we were checked into a room which was visually unappealing and differed from what was advertised in the photos. The room seemed dated and cramped. There was a glass door leading to a courtyard area shared by all of the second floor, which my produced some security concerns. It was only after our air conditioning ceased working (which staff stated automatically happens at the beginning of October, but then transferred us to a room with functioning AC?) were we presented with a room as advertised when booked. The new room had upgraded furniture and bathroom facilities, with a clean modern feel.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
"Quiet, clean hotel"
Excellent experience. Clean, comfortable room, friendly and helpful hotel staff.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Could be better"
The rooms were old and although mine was supposed to be nonsmoking it had the odor of smoke. The gym was nice and kept clean. Surrounding neighborhood is charming and hotel is convenient to public transport.
7 night business trip Oct 5, 2013
"Deserves its rating"
This hotel, though nestled in a residential area, a 15 minutes wk to the heart of Vienna, was very satisfactory.
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2013
Joe Levi
"Very nice hotel for reasonble price"
Very nice hotel for reasonble price. Close to downtown, clean and comfort.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Nice hotel, good value and location"
We only stayed for one night but it was central, clean and very modern. I thought it was a great value. I did hear that breakfast was pricey but we didn't stay for that and instead got some eggs and a coffee around the corner. Great little pool hall/pub next door as well.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
The hotel was nice and very convenient to the subway. We enjoyed staying there and wold stay there again.
3 night family trip Sep 15, 2013
Walter
We were in town for a brief weekend getaway and enjoyed the location of the hotel vs. the train station and central Vienna. Staff was friendly and accomodating, and they give a credit towards the bar if you choose not to have your room cleaned one day. Local area was wonderful for great Viennese restaurants, too.
2 night romance trip Sep 13, 2013
Stringfellow
"Nice hotel very close to city center"
Comfortable and nice hotel very close to the center of Vienna. The nearest metro station is just 2 minutes walk. The room is very large by European standards and clean. There is a free wi-fi in the rooms, but not very fast.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Anna
"very nice hotel. close to metro(u) statoins."
very good hotel We enjoyed our stay. we will come back if we will be in viena again
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Einat
"This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed."
The room actually was in the loft of the building cross the street. The elevator was terrible. People in the front desk were not friendly. No hot water in our room and we called but was told to wait in the room and someone would come to the room. We waited for long time but no one came. We then had to argument with the people in the front desk since we would like to change room to take shower but was told "NO". I will NEVER stay in this hotel any more.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
Grace
"Convenient stay in Vienna"
The hotel location is good, 5min walk to the subway U2 line Taborstrabe station, or you can choose to walk (I just so love to walk in this lovely city), and 15min to the inner Danube. There are some restaurants nearby, all small, but there is a MacDonald right across the steet of Taborstrabe station. We stayed in Nestroy part (across the street of the check-in), and the facility is a little bit old, especially the elevator. But the room is quite nice and neat.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, Thank you very much for your review and your impressions of your stay with us. Luckily our hotel is located directly in the second district of Vienna – you can reach the city center easily by walking or taking the metro (only 1 stop). However also in the surroundings of the hotel you can find a lot of different restaurants and bars. If you booked our Hotel Nestroy you booked a traditional Viennese hotel. We are very glad that you liked your room. We would be very happy if we could welcome you again the next time you stay in Vienna. Best regards Daniel Zwieb Assistant General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
The hotel was a little difficult to find, and I was given a room in a building across the street from the main hotel. I stayed 4 nights in order to see the sights. At the airport I was able to buy a 72 hour mass transportation pass very inexpensively that gave almost total movement thought Vienna. The hotel clerk acted as my guide, charting out the places to see each day. I had a great time and saw all I wanted in 4 days thanks to their efforts
3 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"Extremely clean and comfortable"
Hotel Nestroy was a great place to stay. We were about a 15 minute walk from Stephansplatz. Hotel was very clean. We were four people and we stayed in a mini suite- the room was quite large. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2013
K
"Very good fcilities - gym, sauna"
I had a very nice room with a terrace on the fifth floor. Very good facilities - well equipped gym with a sauna. Reasonable price. I strongly recommend.
5 night business trip Aug 11, 2013
Jirka
"Not what I expected"
I did a lot of research on hotels.com and picked this one because it looked like the most plush of the 4 star hotels avaialble. When I got there, they put me in a small twin sized room just big enough for one person, kind of like a dorm room. While the bed was comfortable, and there was AC, I had booked a double room for the bigger bed. The hotel I was put in was also across the street and not in the nicer big hotel they show on the web. So it wasn't what I expected. Other than that, I didn't spend much time in the room other than to sleep, but I would have rather bought a cheaper hotel for what I was given. It is close to many things, so that's the good thing. Also tip: from airport take the S7 train to Prater, its very close to the hotel and cheaper than the other train.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Awesome Hotel"
Its nearly a 5 syar Hotel. I enjoyed my 6 night stay with my family. Close to city center and nearby a lot of coffe shops, 2 supermarkets and macdonalds !! Nearby 2 underground stations and tram line and a bus stop ! Im definitley goona book there again if im going back to Vienna.
Response by Hotel Nestroy
Dear value guest, thank you very much for your time to share your impression with us and our guests online. We were very pleased to read through your evaluation and would like to thank you for your friendly and warm words. The breakfast is not included in our room rates, because we have a lot of guests, who don’t want to have breakfast in our hotel. The Price is € 17,- per person/per day – we offer a buffet with various kinds of bread, spreads, sausages, cheese, cereals, vegetables, yoghurts, fruits, juices, teas, hot dishes and much more. Once again we want to use this possibility to thank you for your nice review and would be very pleased to welcome you again the next time you stay in Vienna. Best regards Daniel Zwieb Assistant General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Karim
"Amazing place!"
Nice room, comfort bed. it was clean and nice and the staff was kind and welcome.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
oshai
"nice hotel close to the metro"
we stayed for 5 nights The staff was responsive, the room was clean and confortable. The hotel It's twenty minutes walking from the St. Stephan Cathedral but the metro is quite closed.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
bruno
Be aware that the sorrounding neightborhood is not very nice,at night is dark so is not pleasent to walk arround.
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2013
"Close to hop on-- hop off route; 6 blocks away"
Actually more then one hotel, we were across the street, no luggage help. 3 star but not close to 4 star.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Roger
"One of the best family hotels we found in Europe!"
The Nestroy Hotel is combined with another hotel, which as far as I could see they are both the same, except for the colors inside the room. I loved our "Tiffany" blue rooms and the teenagers loved the extra desk and space in the room. Our room was very clean and neat (everything you'd expect in Germany). We had two "queen-sized" beds which slept 4 of us comfortably. Bathrooms were spacious and updated too. Staff is young and helpful. The common areas are very pleasant - did not take advantage of breakfast offer though. Vienna Airlines airport shuttle is relatively inexpensive (about $4.5 euros one way) and drops you off at the Svedenplatz which is a few blocks away.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
"Excellent Location - Great Service"
We liked the location very much, just down the street from the subway stop. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was very comfortable. We really had no complaints at all about our stay and would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
"Not a 4 star hotel"
No luxury here. Small room and nothing special. Would be fine if rated 3 stars.
2 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"Great value, great location"
We thoroughly enjoyed Hotel Nestroy -- the suite comfortably accommodated our family of 4, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, the location was outstanding and we got great value for the rate we paid. We were 2 minutes to a metro station and a 15-minute walk to the heart of the tourist district. We were directed to a lovely restaurant about 3 blocks from the hotel our first night, away from the bustle of the old city/tourist zone...but close enough to stroll in for a nightime gelato with the crowds after supper. I'd book it again the next time we're in Vienna.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Very good hotel"
We were very happy. Easy parking and access to mass transit. Nice hotel.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Hotel Nestroy"
Highly recommended. Reasonably priced for a great hotel, and nicely located between two subway stops.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Excellent value"
The surrounding neighborhood is not bad, but the proximity both to the city center itself and to major metro lines made it very easy to get to the most attractive areas and sites very quickly. The hotel itself was new, attractive, and very clean. We will definitely consider staying here again on our next trip.
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2013
"they made concert and tour reservation for us."
Excellent clean room and great hot breakfast, easy access to downtown
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Vacation trip"
We liked the hotel, very friendly staff. Good location, free internet.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
Klein
"Nice clean and well located"
We were very pleased with our stay at the Nestroy. It is located 2 blocks from two different underground line in a quiet side street. It was always kept very clean, and we found the room spacious. Can't comment ont the restaurant or breakfast as we always went out to eat. We would return in a heart beat.
3 night trip Jun 9, 2013
"Convenient to historic area"
The hotel front desk staff were a little "stiff" and formal but we were very pleased with the hotel. It was very easy to either walk to the sights or to jump on the U-Bahn which was only three minutes away. Neighborhood was fine and the cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. Given the nightly cost relative to other hotels where we stayed while in Europe, a complimentary breakfast would have been very welcome. Sixteen Euros per person is steep for the morning meal. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, convenient and fairly priced place to stay while in Vienna.
5 night family trip May 18, 2013
"Really cute hotel close to downtown!"
I just went to visit Vienna with my mom, a trip she had been dreaming about for years. The hotel was very easy to locate, close to 2 train stations, and only a 10 minute walk from downtown. I preferred not to stay in downtown as it gets loud and crowded and hotel Nestroy was perfect. The room was not very big but it had everything we needed. Room service was great. The staff was always very friendly and helped us with luggage, with finding transportation to different locations, and answering all our questions. I would definitely recommend hotel Nestroy to anyone who likes a more relaxed experience just minutes from all the sightseeing and crowds, with a more local feel and all the amenities. Walking to and from the downtown was never a problem as we felt really safe at all times in Vienna. The hotel is also very modern and up to date, very clean, room cleaning daily unless you request a day to be skipped in which case you get a 5 euro credit towards anything at the bar. It was really a wonderful stay!
5 night family trip Apr 21, 2013
Adi
"Nice hotel, but very rude front desk staff..."
This is a nice hotel, but blessed with very rude front desk staff... men and women, all extremely factual, and unkind. Their poor attitude comes through when exchanging USD for Euros, or when asking about where the bathroom was after having travelled for a whole day, or what the breakfast arrangements are, or which way is the city center, or anything about regular housekeeping, the hotel staff is short, strict, very unkind, no smiles and no helpful attitude at all... AND I spoke to them in fluent German, not English! In many cases they could not give me a receipt (e.g. when exchanging USD for Euros)!!! Amazing!!! The rooms are clean, small but not too small, cleaning staff are VERY kind and helpful, also good location, about 20 mins walk from Stephan's Dome and the center of Vienna. I plan to return, nevertheless the front desk staff need serious retraining in terms of how to treat guests!!!!! (I travel all around the world, and I am a professional engineer in the USA.) Be prepared!
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2013
"Vienna"
Great location by Taborstrasse U-Bahn. Super E-Z access to S-Bahn (S7) to airport. The downside is not many amenities in the neighborhood.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2013
Clay
"nice hotel"
Hotel is too close to train station and city center. It is not necessary to have Breakfast in the hotel. You can have the same Breakfast for10 EUR .
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
"Great stay in Vienna"
Our stay with Hotel Nestroy was wonderful. When we arrived we were greeted by the friendly staff. Check in was quick and easy. Since we are Expedia Elite Plus members we were upgraded to a suite which was amazing! It was like home away from home. The suite was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is located in between two metro stations so it is easy to get around and enjoy what Vienna has to offer. They are both less than a 5 minute walk. It is in a great neigborhood with grocery stores and restaurants nearby. The only complaint we had was the cost of the breakfast which was 17 Euro per person. Granted it was a pretty nice spread: bread, meat, cheese, yogurt, veggies, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, and juices. We ended up eating there 2 of the 5 days we stayed but would have been happy to pay 10 Euros at the most. Overall, Hotel Nestroy was a great stay and we would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
GA84
"Cool and stylishly modern"
This hotel is very convenient to two subway stops which take you directly to the city center. Got a 72 hour metro pass and went as we pleased. Great way to get around and easy. The hotel has a small bar. We opted not to get the breakfast there as there were plenty of pastry shops around and for the 17 euros the hotel wanted to charge for each person we were able to get breakfast for a quarter of that. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
Shirley
"Good!"
Everything was good!
1 night trip Mar 24, 2013
"Great Hotel for Tourism"
Really nice hotel, location is not that far away from the center, by the metro. Just a couple of blocks away. It has no restaurant, but there are a couple nearby, so that was not a problem. Service is really good, personnel professional and courteous. Awesome rooms.
Other trip Jan 26, 2013
Javier
"Deceant Business Hotel but NOT A 4*"
Hotel needs an urgent make-over. From the pictures on the site you're definitely mislead. Rooms haven't been renovated in the last 20 years, ubber kitsch, super bad lighting .... Stuff is friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2013
"A little out of the way"
This hotel is a little outside the main tourist attractions, although convenient to the underground. It is an old building and we had to carry our suitcases up 2 flights of stairs. The rooms have not been updated in some time. Overall, I thought the rate was high considering the type of hotel, the location, and the fact that breakfast was not included.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2012
Stephany
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I booked the hotel online for the first time, for the price I paid I expected the standard Bed, TV, Bathroom type room. However, what I ended up with was a 1.5 bathroom loft, with a living room and a sitting area. I was pleasantly surprised especially since I booked the cheapest room that they had available. The hotel was in a nice location it was about 2 subway stops from Stephens plaza which is in the main center of town. The only down side is the hotel does not have a full kitchen and so the menu items for a late night snack were very limited. The staff was very nice and helpful. If I stay in Vienna again this will defintely be on my top 3 hotels to stay at in Vienna list.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2012
"Nice alternative to expensive hotels in town cente"
The staff was very helpful and accomodating. Loved the location, close to metro stations and an easy walk to town center. Would definitely stay here again. Value to location was great deal.
Other trip Oct 24, 2012
Gene
"Excellent value for high quality, location"
Some Reception Staff were gracious and helpful, some were less concerned about helping with questions. The room was lovely, large, immaculate, excellent lighting, large and wonderful bathtub, good towels. One reviewer says beds are too hard---well, it is a platform bed. If one is corpulent then the mattress might not have enough thickness to support that weight. I found the duvet to be delightful, the bed very comfortable, and with superb reading lights on both sides. The breakfast buffet is superb-----the best I have ever enjoyed in Europe at a reasonably priced hotel. As another reviewer noted the location is excellent. One is close to the U station and there are excellent reasonably priced restaurants within a few blocks. I will stay there again when I return to Vienna.
Other trip Oct 22, 2012