All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1055 Second Ave, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful hotel with awesome views."
We were impressed with the service provided on all levels. Everyone was courteous and professional. quite accommodating as well. We were in town to see "Wicked". The hotel was in walking distance to the Civic Theater.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Monica
"Beautiful hotel..."
There are probably only 4 employee at the hotel. That's feel funny. We can't say it's missing employee but it feels empty.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
K.
"Great location, close to the Gaslamp District"
The hotel is from the 70's, that speaks for itself. The hotel is in need of some updates to the interior, the room itself was overall comfortable and the shower was great! The staff is fantastic! If you don't have high expectations of modern styling, this hotel would serve its purpose.
Keri
"Elegant & discreet oasis"
Great location near gaslamp quarter, petco field, convention center & seaport village. Classy for any honeymoon or anniversary. Wonderful staff.
Anthony
A unique hotel, old world elegance. Public areas are beautifully furnished. Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. No compliants
"Fancy hotel in doqntown"
Arrived late Friday nite. Room next to ours had a very loud party going on so they moved us up several floors. Lovely, comfortable room!
carol
"Very nice hotel. Impressed for the price."
We were greeted by friendly staff. Impressed by the size of the room/bathroom. Nice touch to have the turndown service as well as the bathrobes. Hot tub was great.
Rhea
"I love The Westgate"
I've stayed here before but this time it was on a lower floor. View wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. Loved the little "mudroom" opened through double doors that led to main room. Enjoyed the glass shower tub combo and room service was wonderful, 24 hrs a day apparently. Staff were nice and towels, robes were fluffy. Will stay again.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Elaine
"A dreaming honeymoon"
Hi guys! My husband and I just got married, and we decided to go to this hotel because of the beautiful decorations in the whole hotel and the great prices (It is accessible for all the budgets, and even the smallest corner is just wonderful and clean)Hope you can visit it soon, and have a wonderful staying. Sincerely, Ana and Ted
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Wonderful Stay!"
This was a perfect spot to spend a birthday weekend! The hotel was exquisite, the flower arrangements throughout the hotel were beautiful . I love old and elegant European style hotels and this was perfect for my stay. And even better, we could walk to the ever "bustling and enjoyable fun of the Gaslamp District with its saucy and raucously fun night spots.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Dee
"Nice Hotel But Too Many Hidden Expenses"
$36 a day to park car is ridiculous and then $17 resort fee per day? When you add it all up it was not worth it.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Outstanding stay at the Westgate hotel"
The Westgate is located off of Broadway and is walking distance to the piers and USS Midway and Maritime Museum. Our room was very well kept. It was very clean. They even turned down the sheets before we returned for the evening. I liked how there was a separate door to the hallway for our room and one other room which required a room key to open. Nice security feature. The bathroom was huge with a large vanity with drawers, as well as a big closet for clothes. There was a separate bath/shower with toilet on one side. Water was good temperature. And on the opposite side of the vanity had a walk in shower with seat. Very nice, but the water pressure there was low. Only complaint was there was only one sink. Also, no plug in the bathroom that we could find. Had to dry my hair by the bed. But that was very minor. Everyone was very friendly as well as professional and went out of their way to help, such as getting taxis or info about the neighborhood. We would definitely stay at the Westgate again.
3 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Kathryn
As I mentioned in my prior note everything was excellent except for the resort fee. I look for those things prior to booking my room but I somehow missed this one. I would not have stayed there if I had noticed it. In Las Vegas I stay at the Platinum Suites solely because it does not have the resort fee. Even when it costs more.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"worth every penny including the facility charge"
I went in knowing about the facilility charge of 15 per day, do it was no big deal. You get free wifi, pool and fitness acess and daily newspaper. The hotel is the nicest hotel I have stayed for the rae I paid. Room furnishings equivilant to Four seasons. I travel for business across the US on a weekly basis. I wish all of my hotels stays are in this hotel.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Greg
"Wonderful except one encounter when I checked in"
I stayed for 5 nights at the hotel for a work conference and it was absolutely wonderful! The rooms were gorgeous, very clean, with turndown service at night. The pool was very clean and refreshing and the hot tub was perfect. My only gripe is that I originally made a reservation for 2 double beds. I changed my mind and went to the hotels.com site and modified it to 1 king bed. When I arrived, the lady at the desk (with braces) states that I have 2 reservations and unless it shows in their computer that one was cancelled, I would have to pay for both. She was extremely curt and stated that when hotels.com has a modified reservation, it sends a whole new reservation. It's not fault that your antiquated system didn't recognize that I had two reservation and saw that one was cancelled. She pulled up on her computer system that one was cancelled and I only paid for one but her attitude was the last thing I wanted after a flight from NYC. Otherwise, the hotel was amazing and I would stay again!
5 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Suzanne
"5 minute walk to Gaslamp District"
The gentleman upon check in at 530am was extremely welcoming and very nice he had an excellent balcony room for us with a city view facing the bridge and ocean in the distance. NBC studios was also across our view which was cool. We are just steps away from the outside shopping mall, Gaslamp District and 7 eleven is across the street if you need anything that you may have forgotten. The staff was above and beyond courteous. Although the people staying at the hotel acted a bit snobbish towards my boyfriend. Maybe it's because we aren't the typical type of people they are use to seeing in this upper class hotel. I could be wrong though. This hotel exceeded our expectations. The balcony room was more than spacious and the style was old fashioned. I would stay here again. I would also recommend anyone staying get a balcony room it's pretty nice to have an actual balcony you can open the doors too and step out in to fresh air. Not many hotels have that luxury anymore. Again, the staff was what made our stay wonderful. They made us feel so comfortable. They define customer service.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Tisha
"Great Stay!"
Great location. Great interaction with all staff.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Clean hotel with polite staff"
I ate breakfast in the restaurant Saturday morning. The food was good, but the coffee was cold.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Beautiful hotel close to Gas Lamp/Seaport Village"
We came into town for the weekend. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Walking distance from everything.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Would go back in a heartbeat!!"
I stayed solo for a wedding reception. It was absolutely awesome! I have a silver palate and like the nice stuff. Not that inalways have the pocketbook for it.... This place fit the bill - totally!
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel!"
This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The staff is very cordial, professional, and efficient. The hotel itself is very elegant. The pool and spa are magnificent. The bar is very cozy with great service from the bartender. The view from our room had partial views of the ocean and harbor, had a large walk-in shower, and a very private entrance which eliminated any noise from guests walking down the hall. We'll definitely come back to this hotel if we ever stay in San Diego again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Beautiful inside and friendly staff"
My husband and stayed just one night in this hotel. We live in North County and didn't want to drive home after an event at the Zoo. So we checked into this hotel and were thrilled with its amenities. Rooftop pool. Effortless wifi. Teensy balcony in the room. Notably friendly staff. We look forward to staying there again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Marisa
"dirty"
Our room had a grew view, but also had a previous guest's dirty sock and water bottle caps on the floor. Carpet was heavily stained. We requested Maid Service, but they did not come. Unacceptable!
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"grand hotel, but no grand review..."
the day before my stay I called the hotel to confirm my room and request an early check in. the woman who answered was great. she looked into it, and said it wouldn't be a problem and left a note on my account. once, I entered the hotel that was a completely different thing. the gentleman behind the counter was so rude and extremely unhelpful. leaving me to sit for 15-20 mins while he checked to see if my room was available. just looking at me not doing any with this mean glare. the funny thing is days later I was sitting at another hotel bar and the gentleman next to me also stayed there a couple night prior and had the same horrible experience I had w this individual. if it wasn't for the concierge who then approached me approached me 20 mins later, I would have def asked to speak to a manager. this was def not a welcoming experience to san diego at all.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Old world comfort"
I always enjoy the Westgate . I do think the combination of parking and hotel fees are a bit high.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"Ok Hotel - but not Great"
The Hotel is old, but nice, it is maybe a 3 star hotel at best. The room is just OK, The bathtub is ridiculously small,(dog bath small). The neighborhood is HORRIBLE, you cant walk outside the hotel in any direction without running in to 5 or 6 homeless people. But what is worse is that they find the nerve to charge you $36 a day for parking and $16 a day for the "Resort Fee" LOL Resort this place is not !!! So after your hotel doom charge you tack on $52.00 a night is fees. Will not return. In Summary, Old, Overpriced, and the location is sketchy.
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"Wonderful hotel"
We were extremely satisfied with our entire hotel stay at the West Gate Hotel. The room was beautiful, clean and well stocked, with everything we needed for our stay, including a cork screw!! ALL the staff at the West Gate Hotel were friendly and extremely helpful. There was even a door man to open doors when we came and went. We will definatley stay at the West Gate Hotel again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"A must know Hotel"
Since you arrive, you can feel the kidness of people, the magnificent of the facilities
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Luis
"Great location, Big rooms"
I've stayed at this hotel twice. It's in a great location, just a two minute walk and your in the Gaslamp district. The rooms are very large and they have a lovely bathroom with separate dressing room/closet area. It's not for you if you modern/trendy, its more tradition. Very large windows with good city views. I've never used the pool so can't comment on that.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Outstanding service, spacious room, relaxing pool and spa, and convenient location. Highly recommend staying at the Westgate in San Diego.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Nice surprise"
Lovely hotel in downtown SanDiego. Great staff and service. The facilities are excellent. Room size is excellent although thin salsa and could hear other room noise. Nice locations and very quaint bar. Would stay again.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
lvr
"Impeccable service in Old World atmosphere."
Conveniently located privately-owned hotel in the heart of downtown San Diego. The staff is energetic in serving guests with attentive, highly personable service. Magnificent lobby decorated in gilded Roccoco style furnishings impart a continental grandeur not usually encountered in most business-oriented hotels. Top notch dining facilities include a spectacular Sunday brunch buffet with a stunning selection of beautifully presented food. Considering the magnificence of the decor and the high quality level of the service, the rates are more than reasonable; especially when in comparison to nearby hotels such as the Solamar and the Andaz. All-in-all a wonderful hotel, one in which I would recommend to anyone traveling to San Diego who plan to stay in the midtown corridor North of the Gaslamp District.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
"good location"
Clean comfortable spacious room close to attractions first class hotel!
3 night romance trip Aug 25, 2014
Ken and Pat
"Beautiful"
Hotel was superb, very clean and classy. Close to everything downtown. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
I dont like the hotel charge to my credit card $ 32.00 parking ,$20.00 for roll a way bed,total &71.38,included tax and $15.00 facilites fee any way I paid this bill cash, but the hotel charge to my credit card,i get you.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Anthony Houston
"Quiet Alternative to Shoreline Convention Hotels"
I'm so glad I found this gem for my recent trip to San Diego! I typically look for boutique hotels as an alternative to the sprawling corporate facilities where my conventions are held. While the Westgate is large enough that I wouldn't typically call it "boutique", everything else about it is what you'd expect from a boutique hotel. Friendly, personal service - lovely, large rooms - great location within the city that's walkable to the larger convention facilities.
5 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Wonderful!! Friendly staff and prompt service. I will for sure stay here again.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Beautiful hotel, great location and service"
The staff was very accommodating, friendly and helpful during our stay. The staff also helped find and ship an item back home that I had left behind.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Luli
"Awesome eccentric hotel in the heart of Downtown"
My wife and I absolutely loved our stay at the Westgate! The location couldn't be more perfect located right in the heart of downtown right across the street from Horton's Plaza. The staff was extremely friendly, and the eccentric decor was excellent. The rooftop pool allowed for r&r with an incredible view. We would go back in a heartbeat.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"A great and relaxing weekend"
We walked into an elegantly appointed lobby and were warmly greeted by staff. Our concierge was extraordinary. Our room was comfortable, with plenty of room and a great vanity area. We had a nice view and were within walking distance of several locales that we visited.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
MO
"clean, outdated, weak valet, overpriced parking"
$ 15non negotiabl daily resort fee should just be added to the price rather than tricking you into thinking your paying 15 less per night 30 per night for parking... ridiculous
3 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
"Beatiful Place"
It was a very elegant hotel. Loved having coffee in one of the most beautiful rooms. The only issue I would say is they charge you for Everything! Other than that I would recommend for a romantic getaway
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
Jenny
"Snooty staff in nice hotel"
Was disappointed with staff more than hotel itself. You never want to be tarted as though you don't belong and from the moment we checked in the man at the desk was rude!! Nice hotel represented poorly!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
alicia
"Elegant and comfortable"
The lobby was breathtaking and my room was very clean! After I checked in, I went for a walk in the afternoon and upon my return, the bed was ready for me and light music was turned on. It was a great way to end my day and relax after a long day of meetings!
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"San Diego"
$15 pet day for nothing. It is a Luxury add on for water regardless of if you use it. One may only use the hotel valet for parking, $32 per night. The hotel is dated and the Service is average. They cater to people who am have money but no sense. I was not happy. Location is good and that is about it. The afternoon tea is only appropriate if your rich old aunt is in your company. BTW-not every woman is a missed. Very outdated in every way.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Sam
"Westgate"
We should have been told that it has a daily cost for valet parking. Should not put seniors room next door to little crying children. A 2 year old locked himself in the bathroom next door. Engineering department called to ask if they could use our room to climb through our bathroom roof to get to their room to unlock the door and that they would be right up. This was around 8am on a Saturday. They did not show up. I called downstairs and they said the child had unlocked the door. It would have been nice if they would have called us to let us know they were not coming up. Our sleep was disturbed. The children were running and screaming in the halls after 10 pm on a regular basis. Then on Saturday night around 10 pm our keys would not work in the door. The front desk said something about the magnetic strip was not working.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Seniors
"Classy hotel & lovely stay for my family."
Hotel itself is quite classy, we really enjoyed the amenities during our four day stay. Valet staff was great, but there's a bit of a wait when they're catering to party guests (on Friday and Saturday nights). Concierge and front desk staff were attentive and friendly, and housekeeping (didn't get a chance to meet them) always did a wonderful job cleaning our room and turning down our beds. We would have preferred a different side of the hotel, we had a room that was in front of the train and we could not keep our sliding glass doors open, because of the noise, but it wasn't too bad. We will be returning!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Soluluq
"Never again!"
Hotel is in bad neighborhood. Parking 32 dollars a day !!! Hotel is old and tired needs updates . 2 occasions our room was not cleaned until 5 pm. Charged 15 dollars a day for bottled water and wifi in room. Lack of amenities ! One day pool closed for event and no notice given , that is there only amenity not even a coffee shop. Never going back !
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
jan
This hotel was very nice and in a great location. The food was good in the restaurant. Everyone was very pleasant. My only complaint is that the maid service was slow and somewhat inconsistent. One morning there the coffee had not been replenished for the in room coffee maker. Another day we left the hotel at 0830, granted we did not ask that the room be cleaned early but when we returned at 1530, tired from walking, the room had not been cleaned. With that said, I would happily go back there in an instant.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Martha
"Beautiful, inside and out"
From the moment we pulled up, we were impressed. All the staff we encountered personally were very pleasant and eager to do anything to make our stay more enjoyable. I had picked the hotel as a surprise for our family as a special way to end our week long trip across the Southwest. They were thrilled. So close to many restaurants and things to do.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014