All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
624 Post St, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"I wouldn't take your children here"
I've never had a worse two nights sleep! I was so tired that it ruined our 3 day 2 night vacation. If you are a light sleeper this is not the place for you! Walls are paper thin and both my windows locks were broken on the two windows, so you couldn't shut the windows completely! I could hear all the conversations in the alley and from the club that is right behind the hotel and I was nervous that the windows wouldn't lock! I was on the 5th floor but the fire escape was close to one of the windows and I was traveling with my teenage daughter. The 2nd night I called the front desk and he said he was dealing with a crisis and around 2:00 am I was woke up by someone slamming things around in the hallway screaming the "F" word for about 10 minutes and a picture falling down. On the upside the room was decent, the bathroom tiny (the closet was the same size as the bathroom). The Continental breakfast was good and convenient on the same floor. The staff was nice, but I definitely would not stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"4 Stars - Small Bath, Small TV"
My wife and I enjoyed the two nights we stayed there. There were only a small number of issues we encountered: 1- The TV is a 13 inch digital. If you want to relax in your room and watch TV - forget it. 2 - The bathroom was very small. Not to be gross, but, when you sit on the toilet, your knees are under the sink, the shower is wonderful, but is about 3'x3'. 3 - It says on the website that they have a reasonably priced valet parking - it was $43/night, including tax. Positives: Clean! Continental breakfast buffet every morning on each floor. Very comfortable bed. You can open the windows and get a nice SF breeze! Close to Union Square.
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
"Not bad for the price"
Needed to stay in Union Square at last minute. This hotel worked out fine for me--especially the price. The free breakfast and happy hour were nice extras. Wish it had a gym.
3 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"LIKE A TWO HUMPED BACTRIAN CAMEL--WITH A BAG ON EA"
Old, small hotel, very convenient, staff great, Rooms small, but adequate. The Fino restaurant In the hotel Has magnificent food. Hotel serves continental breakfast, ample. Have stayed here at least seven times over the years. A cross the street is a laundry shop, in by 9:00 out by 11:00. Most handy.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
"Beware on weekends"
There is a nightclub on the backside of the hotel. If you are there on a Friday night like I was be prepared to hear your windows rattle from the music.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2015
We loved the Andrews Hotel. The location is excellent, the room was small but quiet and comfortable.
4 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
"Comfortable hotel"
Comfortable boutique hotel in a great location. Lots of charm and character.. Very helpful staff and concierge.. The breakfast was a but limited .
3 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Lee
It was fantastic. The staff is very helpful and nice and the restaurant is excellent. The valet parking is costly but what can you expect in SF?
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was ok. Staff was not as friendly as I would have liked.
4 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
"Needs Update"
Hotel was very old. One elevator that was very small. Expensive to have your car parked. No a/c in room and old style steam radiators for heat. Bathroom small but clean. Located on noisy street and rough neighborhood but centrally located for tourist spots. One TV in bedroom and other in living room and they were 15" non-HD! Continental breakfast was bare minimum and pastries were never fresh. On the plus side, staff was very helpful and the bed was comfortable. Probably would not stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Our stay - the andrews hotel"
The room wd got first was tiny so we asked to change and got a better room after 2 nights. the staff was very nice and very helpful and we enjkyed our stay
7 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
Nurit
"Would Stay Here Again"
Nice small hotel close to Union Square; very convenient to shops, dining, and cable cars. The rate includes a well-stocked continental breakfast. No A/C, but windows open and fan worked fine. However could be a problem in the warmer summer months.
1 night trip with friends Jun 9, 2015
"Worse than I expected."
The bathroom was shockingly small, maybe about 2'x5'.
2 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Nice staff, not so good for actual sleeping..."
I was here (in room 409) for business, meaning early nights and early wake-ups. If you're in san francisco for late nights and fun, this hotel might be a good fit. There's an alley that runs along the hotel and terminates in a bar, that stays open till 2am. There's a tremendous ruckus all night long from the smokers coming out to have some kind of jungle party in the alley every 20 mins. Lots of hooting and hollering. It finally winds down around 3am, but the noise from road construction kicks up around 6am. Soo, needless to say my first requirement from a hotel is that I am able to sleep in it. Pretty much, that's all I care about. If that's what you care about, you probably want to stay elsewhere, or do what I did for nights 2&3, which is fire up an extremely loud white noise app and let it run all night on the free hotel wifi. That said, the front desk staff are awesome and can't be faulted.
3 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Quaint hotel with European Flair!"
I enjoyed a comfortable and relaxing stay at the Andrews Hotel last week. I found the staff to be both knowledgeable and helpful. My room was on the 6th floor, with two very tall and beautiful windows, which allowed plenty of light into the room throughout the day. The room was small, but spacious enough to feel comfortable and well appointed. The bed and bedding were also very comfortable and made sleeping soundly a breeze. The hotel is very clean and is located in a safe area that is within walking distance of a plethora of restaurants and shops.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Jill
Good location. Small rooms. Old building but seemed clean
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Old hotel, small room. But nice, helpful people."
Old, small, but clean and a decent buy for the price, in an overpriced city.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Mother's day getaway"
This hotel was what I was looking for traveling to San Francisco. Will definitely stay again.
2 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Who needs big and spacious in SF"
Clean room, super comfy bed with lots of pillows. Ceiling fan and plenty of ambience lamps. Great water pressure in the shower with good quality soaps. The continental breakfast in the morning on each floor was plentiful with a morning paper to share. Coffee good, strong Wifi. I used the vehicle over night parking valet, price was comparable to others and I felt it was safe and definitely no hassle. Staff very informative, kind, and clear on options. One comp drink in the bar from 5-6 was nice too.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"An oldie but a goody"
It may be an older hotel, but it is clean, comfortable, and has character. The elevator is probably the original when it was built, but it works just fine. The staff is friendly and efficient. We experienced a problem with both TV remotes and when we told them, they were on it immediately. Our room was comfortable and all amenities worked. A continental breakfast is served on each floor because there's no room in the lobby. There are plenty of restaurants I in the immediate area to choose from. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again when in SF.
4 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Janet
"Simple, comfy, clean, good location"
The hotel room was on the small side, but with nice high ceilings, it didn't feel cramped. Everything was incredibly clean and breakfast on the floor in the morning was a nice benefit. It's just a few minutes walk to Union Square, plenty of restaurants in the surrounding area. The room itself was quieter than I expected, given its central location. It's rather low frills (small TV, no mini-fridge), but quite comfortable and cute. I come to San Francisco for work several times a year and would absolutely stay here again.
3 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
"Noise"
Very noisy making sleeping difficult. Outside street noise should be addressed by the Police
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Convenient location with a lot of character"
Hotel staff was very friendly. Hotel was cute with great location. Rooms were comfortable..loved the free glass of wine nightly and the continental breakfasts served on each floor. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Nice little hotel near everthing."
This is an extremely clean little hotel. Yes, the lobby carpet could use some cleaning but it is used as a waiting area for the attached restaurant. Whenever I see continental breakfast, I assume stale bagel and cold coffee. On the contrary. The Andrews has fresh pastries delivered each morning, good coffee, and I had to walk only 10 feet to my breakfast since it is served on each floor. I also had a fresh carnation in a vase on my night stand. The hotel is close to everything and in the center of some really nice little restaurants.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Pat
"A nice surprise!"
Three days in a perfect location
3 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
Just what we were looking for in a hotel. Cozy, close to everything.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Value"
The staff was very nice, room was good and clean, breakfast option on every floor was excellent. The room needs a TV you can watch. It is smaller than a laptop.
2 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
Elisabeth
"Small and cozy."
We had a wonderful 4 night stay at the Andrews Hotel. We knew when we made reservations that the AH was an old hotel so we were not surprised with the small room that we had. It did not have a contemporary design - rather it was a quaint room with lots of personality. There was no AC, but it did have a window that opened and ceiling fan- & very small tv.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Marilyn
"Nice Stay"
Small room but very clean and nice. Very historic building. Staff was great.
3 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"A nice small hotel"
My daghter and I spent a recent weekend visiting San Francisco. The Andrews Hotel was enough off the beaten path to be quiet, yet well-located within walking or cable car and bus service of everywhere we wanted to go. Our room was clean; everything was well-kept and the staff was great about holding our bags for a day of sight-seeing while our room was being prepared. We'd definitely stay here again.
GG
"Nice but service could have been better"
I would have rated this hotel better except for a couple of problems. The hotel is quant/old but clean and comfortable. The rooms and halls are small and narrow. However, the price is reasonable, and the stay is a unique experience. First problem: There is a continental breakfast on each floor that is pretty good, and the orange juice is fresh-squeezed and flavorful. There are wooden trays that allow guests to conveniently take food back to their rooms. That's all good. However, the second morning there, there wasn't any breakfast on my floor during the time it should have been. After an hour, I went down and asked about breakfast, and they told me that there were only two guests on my floor and so I should go to another floor. That's all fine, but they didn't notify me with a note under the door or even a note posted at the breakfast table outside in the hall. Their inconsiderate practice made me late for an appointment. Second problem: After I went out on the last morning to get breakfast from another floor, I returned to my room holding a tray of food and my room key card didn't work. I had to put my tray of food on the empty table on my floor to go down and ask about my key. My key was deactivated because it was my checkout day, but it was 8 AM and checkout was at 12 PM. It's ridiculous to disable a key card that early when guests have to leave their rooms to get breakfast. I found this to be incompetent policy and poor service.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Nathan
"San Fran Steal"
This hotel is a very good value. Great location, nice staff, continential breakfast. Room was a little warm, some street level noise and small sink with glass shelf that hangs close over it which was challenging. I would stay here again for sure. Are at Fino - very good.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Jane
"Very friendly staff and convenience location"
friendly staff continental breakfast and antique elevator and everythings are very close
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"great location"
great location
6 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
"Antique Hotel in Great Location"
This hotel is very antique but in a great location. Only 5 minutes walk to Union Square and 30 minutes walk to the Fisherman's Wharf (yes, I went there by walking, a good exercise). Bus 2 just across the street which can take you to Japan Center. Several groceries stores nearby and a Walgreens where you can get bus pass and groceries. A nice Korean coffee shop called "Joy's" just across the street. The continental breakfast includes: orange juice, 2% cold milk, hot water, coffee, tea bags, croissant, scones, small baguette, muffin, danish, bananas, oranges and apples. No hot meal. Really hope they can offer some instant oatmeal in packages so guests can make it with hot water. Overall, very nice and exquisite hotel. I'll definitely come back!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Fine hotel in good location"
The hotel is conveniently located. Rooms are small but with everything you need (except fridge). Our room had a weird/unpleasant smell but we got used after a few hours. Not particularly terrible. The breakfast in the corridor is a big plus. I needed the fridge for keeping my insulin cool and the staff was very kind and willing to keep the insulin in a fridge in the basement and giving it to me each time I had to use it.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Alvaro
"Great location near Union Square"
The hotel staff are helpful, friendly, and professional. The room was comfortable and clean. However, the bathroom was very small with an awkward placement of a glass shelf above the very small sink making it difficult to use.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Ron
"Great Location & Service, short on comforts."
If you are looking for an excellent location in downtown SF, you have it. If you like the "old school" type hotel with excellent service, you have it. The comfort and condition of the hotel could be improved by upgrading all or some of the bathrooms to include modern amenities, including a place to sit your make up bags, dop kits, etc. Overall, for a boutique experience, it is a very well done hotel, and offers nice complimentary bkfst on each floor, and free glass of wine each evening from 5-6PM. Nice people!
2 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Charming hotel with friendly staff"
A wonderful hotel with friendly staff. The hotel had wonderful charm. We loved the location.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Andrews is a very good stay"
Though the room is small and the bathroom smaller, it was very comfortable and exactly what I was looking for: an inexpensive hotel in a good location in San Fran. The bathroom was very small - the toilet almost overlapped with the sink! Overall though, the service was excellent, the location good, and the room clean.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Lots of love."
A well loved little hotel. You can tell the owners and staff take great care of this place. Everyone was very nice. Great location to Union Square!
3 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Natalie
We spend 4 days there. Enjoyed our stay very much.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Very good to reach dowtown offices for walking."
Hotel location is Nearby Union Square,I was able to visit my partner within 10 minutes walk distance.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
heesoo
"Great price. Comfortable. Clean"
Choosing hotels in San Francisco based on the number of "stars" can be a spin of the roulette wheel. Imagine my surprise at finding this gem near Union Square. Clean, comfortable, adequately sized rooms, upscale amenities, fast complimentary internet, and QUIET. Complimentary beverages in the evening and a small continental breakfast waiting just outside my door in the morning. The Andrews Hotel is a keeper.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Dillon
"enjoyable"
Enjoyable
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Tanya
"Nice experience, overall..."
Quaint and very nice...fabulous dining at Fino, next door; no health facilities but access to nearby gym for $20...easy walk to the square via walk down Post...everyone was very nice, nice continental breakfast available on each floor...problem with room cleaning - asked not to clean room, had sign on the door to this effect but room was cleaned and the door left open...when inserted key, it just opened...that said, I would happily stay there again.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Al
"GOOD PLACE TO STAY"
we enjoyed our stay. We stayed at the hotel many years ago and it is still just as good. FRIENDLY, AND QUIET. We will stay there again whenever we visit SanFrancisco
5 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
charles
"Great Staff thank God"
The staff at this hotel are beyond a doubt one of if not the best I've ever dealt with. Always willing to help and accommodate requests. The continental Breakfast on every floor is a great touch. However, this hotel is way overpriced for what you get. Hotel needs to be updated/maintained better. The regular rooms are small, the TV's are pathetic if they work at all. The wifi is iffy at best as it goes in and out. If there had been availability anywhere else I would've moved. I felt a loyalty to the staff they were so good and didn't have to spend that much time in the room
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Quaint but old"
Neighborhood was noisy, hotel was noisy. Rooms small. Close to good restaurants and theatre district
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Dibs
Very nice small hotel. Very old style. Great neighborhood and had lots of fun. Rooms are sort of small but they are comfy! free breakfast ! (pastries, bread coffee and orange juice. Very Nice Staff.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015