All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
624 Post St, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Convenient to Union Square, cable cars, F Line trolley. Stores and restaurants. Older hotel but maintained.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
ChasMan811
"VP of Sales"
Room was very clean
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Great Union square hotel"
Great little hotel with friendly staff and comfy, albeit small, rooms. Fino, the restaurant was amazing and a complementary glass of wine was offered to hotel guests
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Worth the money"
Nice stay
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
The room we stayed in was small, but adequate and was well worth it because everything we needed to do over a weekend was easy walking distance. A period piece!
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Loving Andrews"
I felt like I was staying at a hotel in France. I LOVED the feel and the staff was so friendly!
1 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2014
Very nice staff. Room was good for a one or two night stay. Note: Our bathroom in the King room was (especially the shower) extremely small. Other than that, very satisfied.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Staff was very friendly, rooms where a bit on the small side, but this is San Fran so that's fine. Breakfast on each floor, pretty much right ouside of your door, ehich is nice. Perfect for a quick business trip, but if your looking for a resort like experience probably not for you.
5 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Alex
"Excellent service ..best Resturant"
Loved it
1 night trip Dec 10, 2014
"great stay"
I really enjoyed staying in this historical, charming hotel. The staff was very generous and moved me to a different room when my room got too warm, and didn't charge me extra. Convenient vallet parking and close to lots of good restaurants and shops. I will stay here again!
2 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Sara
"Tiny bathroom"
The bathroom was uncomfortably small. I am not one to like my knees touching the sink while I am on the toilet, especially as a 5'2" female. Other than that, the room was cute and the bed was comfortable. The hotel had a lot of character and it was an enjoyable stay!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"slightly gritty area, but quaint nice hotel"
Hotel was quaint and clean. Small but perfect for my purposes. TV was low-quality and small, with limited channels. The breakfast served in the hall lived up to the expectations, and was wonderful and convenient. The blocks around the hotel were a little gritty; I would not walk around there late at night, but during the day it seemed fine with many people out.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"GOOD"
The room is clean and location is close the shopping area like Union Square.
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2014
Hok Chi
Really convenient and very clean... The restaurant looked great
Ogi
"City hotel"
This is not a luxurious hotel but rather one that has the charm of the old city. There is no air conditioning but instead you get the feel of an open window and the sounds of the city. Its location is perfect for shopping or going to the theatre near Union Square. Great for those looking for simplicity and cleanliness at a great price.
"Quaint hotel near Union Square"
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Restaurant served excellent food. Room was very inviting & clean. Although the bathroom was a little small it worked very well for one person.
"Small room/bathroom, but nice cheap hotel"
The Andrews Hotel is fine for a cheap, clean stay in a relatively good neighborhood in San Francisco. The hotel has lots of charm (old elevator), and there is an adjoining bar/restaurant in case you need to grab something quick. The rooms are fairly small, with the bathrooms even smaller. I had a room off the back that was very quiet, but I heard from others in my group that rooms off the front were much louder. Overall, it's a nice place and I would consider staying there again.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Adam
"JSR_ FACS"
Very helpful staff and excellent personalized service. Breakfast is served in individual floor displays and very convenient and excellent selection, including orange marmalade.
5 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
JAMES
"A petite European style Hotel in SFO."
Small,quiet, comfortable and very hospitable hotel that is over 100 years old. The better amenities include convenient European style breakfast available on each floor and proximity to Union Square shops and theater district. Desk attendants are personable, attentive and very helpful.
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
JAMES
"Helpful staff, enjoyable place to stay"
Quaint, comfortable small room with teeny fun little bathroom. Desk staff was extremely helpful and wonderful to deal with. Great quality in the continental breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed the glass of wine in the restaurant each afternoon. We would definitely stay here again.
5 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Convenient downtown location"
Small rooms with a king-size bed and a desk, just enough to spend the night. Bathrooms are extremely small, 2x7' including shower, smaller than room closets -- they work fine but not for everyone. Breakfast -- fruit and breadstuffs -- is served on each floor.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
M
"Good location, decent hotel"
The front desk was friendly and accommodating. They helped give suggestions on what to see and where to go in the city. They provided us with maps/tour guides pamphlets & directions. The complimentary water, coffee, tea in the lobby was nice. The rooms are small and there were no screens on the windows which led to insects/knats in the room. But all in all, the room was fine for 3 nights for two people.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Quaint Hotel in Downtown San Francisco"
The Andrews was recommended by friends and we're glad we took their advice. Very nice, vey comfortable, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Old style charm, we had enough room to relax and enjoyed the coffee, fruit and pastries in our floor hallway each morning. The location was great and convenient. We'd stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Murray B
"Great location for enjoying points of interest"
In just two days we were able to see everything we had hoped/wanted to see, thanks to location of hotel. Cable car just few blocks away. AT&T Ball Park was walkable, for us. Bike rentals fairly close, as well. Bike ride through city & across Golden Gate Bridge was highlight of visit.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Doug
"Nice city hotel, close to everything"
The rooms are very small but do the job, we didn't go to SF to sit in a room, we went to explore. The hotel staff is nice, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Slightly noisy as the building is old and its inevitable you will hear your neighbors.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"business trip"
Interesting, cozy hotel - tiny bathroom, small, but good room. Friendly, helpful front desk.
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Historically quaint"
The Andrews is over 100 years old which makes for an interesting stay. I felt like I was going back in time when I rode the antique elevator and enjoyed all of the details of the hotel. My room was small but that's to be expected in era this hotel was built. The 14-foot ceilings made things feel larger anyway. I'd definitely stay in The Andrews again.
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
John Conkell
"Very close to Union square, great location."
All in all I was very satisfied. The room was clean and comfortable, It was a bit difficult to close the windows of the room but that was it. The breakfast is ok (self service of pastries, bred, butter and marmalade, coffe, tea, juice, fruit), and you have to have it in your own room. The staff were always friendly and supportive. I think the rate is a bit too high for a two star hotel but still acceptable.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
JSB
It was ok. For the price vs quality of hotel was expensive.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Lili
"Excellent Experience"
I have been going to this hotel for 20 years! Fino's restaurant is an added bonus connected to the hotel. My junior sweet was a nice surprise! Every thing was perfect and rooms spacious. I can't wait to go back. I will book with hotel as you cost me more a mistake on my part. Room not worth 300
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Excellent location!"
2 blocks to Union Square and close to all public transit. Staff is very friendly. Rooms could use some renovation, but still clean and comfortable although quite small.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Gatorcpa
"small room"
Room was very small, the floor seemed hadn't been vacuumed. Most of all, I've used four different hotels in San Francisco downtown and can say this had the most small and unpleasant bathroom. The breakfast at each floor was the only thing I liked.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Alex
"Historic hotel by Union Square"
Neat old hotel. Great location. Staff very helpful.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
dave
"Quaint"
I would recommend the Andrews Hotel to a person looking to be close to Union Square. The staff is helpful and accomodating. The rooms are small but quaint. Although there isnt A/C the wonderdul ceiling fans do the trick. I especially liked that coffee and pastries are available in the a.m. right on the floor you are staying on. No need to travel to the lobby! Thank You Andrews Hotel for a memorable time in San Francisco!
1 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Jen
"Friendly staff and great location!"
The Andrews is a quaint little hotel with lots of character. Unfortunately, that character includes the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. That is the only complaint I have. The staff is fabulous, the restaurant is excellent. The nightly complimentary glass of wine and the continental breakfast on each floor of the hotel rocks!
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Lulu
"Decent location, but that's it."
For 180 per night, I got an old room without AC (fan over bed), no fridge, old TV, door not secure, no wifi despite the ad. Of the three staffs on duty during my stay, one was decent, one was ok, and one not friendly.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Understand what this hotel is first"
This is a very cool hotel and if you are going to compare it to the marriott or similar don't go. It's is a trendy very small hotel that is like staying in grandmas home. Your car take 45 minutes to get the bathroom is literally the size of a closet and the shower is probably 3 sq feet or less. There is an amazing Italian restaurant called Fino connected to the hotel and is owned by the hotel. I have been there several times and it is the best restaurant around. You will need to make reservations in advance as at 6 PM they are booked solid. I sit at the bar when there is a seat. The hotel offers complementary wine from 5-6:30 which is very nice and good wine. Every morning on each floor they set up a table with coffee tea and mixed I love this place but I know what to expect.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
Meatball King
"Wonderful weekend at The Andrews"
The hotel is charming, clean and convenient. Staff is very helpful. After midnight the area is quiet and peaceful. We will definitely be back for another weekend in SF.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Bed Bugs Bites"
Nightmare. Our trip was disrupted by discovering bed bug bites in our arms, hands, legs and neck. Both, my Fiancee and I got bitten. We had to take medications to treat the swelling and itching. We also need to get rid of our luggage to make sure that our 2 bags don't come into our house. Very upset
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Miguel
Very nice hotel. small but with a personal touch! Would really recommend this hotel!
2 night trip Feb 20, 2014
Petra
"Friendly"
The hotel staff were very friendly and gave individual attention - it didn't feel like an assembly line at the check-in. The breakfast was nice, and the room was fine - clean, pretty, and the bed was reasonably comfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
"Vintage hotel right at the heart of Union Square"
I'm used to staying in hotels that are generally more modern and quite a bit pricy (for example, Westin hotel resorts, Hyatt, etc...). So I was not sure what to expect from a small hotel like this one. My significant other and I had a very pleasant experience, the room was lovely and comfortable despite the fact that it was smaller than a normal hotel room. But it was perfectly sized for 2 people. They serve breakfast on each floor every morning which is nice, and even though it's supposed to be over at 7 am, it stays outside in the hall for a good few hours. The lobby and receptionists were warm and welcoming. I loved the vintage, "antique" feel for the hotel and overall I had a great stay (3 nights).
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Angelica
"Quaint"
Quaint European styled hotel
4 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"some pluses and minuses, overall ok"
in SFO, its difficult to find a spacious high quality hotel that's newer, quiet and near the touristy spots. this hotel has a mix of good and somewhat negative things. overall, I would rate it a 3-4: Negatives: very old, built in 1905, and age shows in many features: doors, sinks, small rooms, small elevator. etc. some think this is quaint. some think age is a negative. I think age makes hotel appear somewhat dirty. carpet and bed sheets were clean. however the sink, bath tile floors, thresholds were somewhat in disrepair and dirty. plus they built things differently 100 years ago. in my case, sink was too close to the toilet. being 6'3", I couldn't sit straight on toilet without my knees hitting sink. no parking on hotel premise, but I did see an $11/day spot (very cheap!) just one block away. this was in a bike rental business. Positives: some rooms on busy louder Post street, but some rear facing rooms are more quiet. staff was friendly. continental breakfast distributed to a table on each floor, making it very easy to walk from room to grab food - eat in room. this was nice and the bread, biscuits were top notch pastries. several very good restaurants within walking distance; pretty close to popular union square area - mostly upscale expensive trendy stores - if that's for you. the cable car line is a short 5 minute walk away. the area felt pretty safe and I was walking around with no problems late at night.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
w
"comfortable and competent off union square"
older but well-maintained building. room small but ceilings high. bed comfy. bathroom ok, nice deep tub. good coffee, muffins and tea selection. complimentary wine in evening. 4 star (of 5) Italian restaurant off lobby. monitor-sized tv. would definitely book again.
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2014
"Very Satisfied"
Loved the place! Our only problem was that the bed was a queen and my husband is tall and moves around a lot in his sleep. But we were just a short walk away from parking, great food and Union Square. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014
"Gem in the heart of San Francisco"
The Andrews never fails to deliver. It is clean, well located and nicely decorated . We had a room on the 7th floor on the street side. It was quiet and comfortable, although a bit on the small side.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Old building- old problems"
The room itself was small, but fine. The bathroom is ridiculously tiny, with the sink and mirror directly over the toilet. There were several hairs on the shower wall that remained throughout my stay. Noise is a problem- the walls are thin, and the back overlooks a valet parking lot with nightclub/restaurants that gets quite loud at times. One morning I was awakened by a dripping sound- the bathroom ceiling was leaking from above. Staff was very nice, but I wouldn't recommend the hotel.
4 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Roy
"Great hotel!"
This place is great! Very cute and comfy. Nice touches include free wine during happy hour, free coffee/tea/fruit in the lobby, and self-serve breakfast on each floor every morning. Staff were very friendly. Room was big enough, lots of windows, well furnished (we had a king bed). Near Union Square but also the Tenderloin, so good for tourists but can be sketchy down the block.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Beautiful place"
My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at the hotel. The room was small but cozy, there was enough space to store our luggage and the bathroom and shower met all our needs. The free Internet worked as advertised and the complimentary glass of wine in the Italian restaurant was a welcome bonus. Loved our stay there. 5 Stars!
2 night romance trip Jan 8, 2014