All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
432 Geary St, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.6
"Run Down"
Very run down and creepy. Had some strange smells as well.
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2014
JC
"Nice hotel, good price for the location"
Its close to Union Square - so walkable to everything. Friendly staff, clean room, no real amenities like coffee or bottled water - but it was a good price, good location, and safe. Its a basic hotel and I would stay here again.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Jayne
"Affordable and good location"
The rooms are nothing to write home about but they're comfortable and have the essentials. I was in town for one day for a job interview and the location and price were perfect for me.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
Erica
"Good for the price"
Close to the concert at the Warfield. ( 1/2 mile ) Room and bed were small but I knew that by reading reviews. If you are looking for a $200.00 room for $85.00 this isn't it. However, for a quick overniter to see a show, I would stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
J. McFall
"In the heart of shopping & commuting & some sights"
Based on the background of the hotels in that area. It is a old time feel, for example the tube tv, radiators, style of our room was like one bedroom apt with two queen beds. we had a full kitchen/incl microwave, nice size bathroom w/towels & soap, round dining table w/chairs and a couch. Our stay was good. Our room was very clean. It was a good deal for what we paid. It was weird when you enter the hotel the lobby desk was right there when you entered. Location is great especially if you're a shopper. Overall Good
2 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
The family
Great location friendly staff wi-fi so slow it didn't really work. The wi-fi is important to tourists.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
KS
we stayed at the back of hotel room, the recycle company was dumped the recycle stuff on and off all night, we could not slept .
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"Not too bad for the price"
We weren't expecting much for the price. The hotel was fine, location pretty good. The city never sleeps though, and its a loud neighborhood. The windows are very thin so you do hear things at night. It was an overall good experience for just crashing at night. Lots of homeless people though but I think that is just in general for the whole city.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Justin K
"Union Square and financial district centric"
Clean, comfortable, adequate. One little point of notice: Visitors are now allowed after 10pm. The front desk clerk will call you to verify your approval of their visit, and you WILL need to know their full name. FYI.
2 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
Rudi
"Not too bad"
I obviously knew upon reading ratings beforehand that it wasn't the nicest hotel in San Francisco, but it worked for what I needed, a cheap hotel in a good location that wasn't completely trashy. The rooms were good, the water took a while to hear up though when taking a shower and they didn't provide shampoo which threw me off a bit. But overall my experience was ok. Not bad by any means but not anything extraordinary. I would stay here again as it is reasonable and in the perfect location for what I need.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Just good location"
This hotel is located very close to Union Squre and walkable distance to Chinatown. We walked to Fishman Warf from the hotel but it took nearly one hour and hard so I recommend to take a bus to go to Fisherman Warf and nearby pier. The facilities in the hotel are worn. The rooms are noisy. The bed was not comfortable and the television had only several channels and did not show well.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
kate
"A nice comfortable place in downtown"
The place was nice and neat and in a very convenient location. The lobby is very small and the hotel is old but in a good condition. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The housekeeping can improve - everything in the room was clean but there was a bit of funky smell. I would stay here again, given the price and location.
2 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Bareable"
Very slow draining shower, flusher on toilet about to fall apart, leaky AC unit, dim light fixtures, no iron, ironing board broken. All in all, the best part about this place is the location and price. Good for very short trips. Hotel staff was friendly but generally not very helpful.
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"good enough"
my friends and i were staying in SF for spring break. i didn't care much about room comfort, as long as the price and location were good enough since we were not planning on staying in the hotel a lot. windows were dirty, shower was tiny, bathroom door wouldn't fully close, bedroom door wouldn't lock. it was still a good experience, as the staff was very helpful and like i said i didn't care about the comfort. if you do, however, this might not be for you. extremely convenient location, just across the street from a great diner, one block from union square, and couple of blocks from market/powell st where we took all our buses/subway rides since we couldn't rent a car.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Tiny room with a wall of another building for you."
If you're looking for a place to keep your stuff, it's a great room for one person. If you're looking for something better, go someplace else. I was disappointed in what I had. But it was my fault for not doing enough research. No food, the help wasn't exactly super friendly. And I felt the hotel needed an overhaul.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
alex
"Terrible conditions of rooms and facilities"
In my room the door of the cabinet was broken, no shampoo, and soap in the bathroom, no remote controller for TV , one of lamps has no "on-off" - it is broken, bad smell from overused and over cleaned carpets - and the receptionist does not know how to handle these problems. It looks like the hotel in "under water", and looks like it close to bankruptcy. Probably is better to shut down this hotel, and never allow its owner to run any business again. When you get in, you see immediately that plastic on the desk of the receptionist is broken - no money to repair? or the owner does not care? Taking shower, I have noticed that there is no shampoo, I called to receptionist - the telephone does not work. Well do you feel my situation? How it possible to offer such a "disable" hotel to customers? Two receptionists are nice people, they are not responsible for bad management and bad ownerships... I came to hotel with my Expedia # of confirmation - they said that they cannot find my booking in their computer. In 4 hours I came again - they finally found it! Simply, I would like Expedia return my money back, I am a disappointed customer after this hotel. Expedia is a great organization, I use Expedia faithfully during last 10 years with a great appreciation. I would like Expedia management to consider my complain seriously, because the Expedia may be does not know what kind of hotel they offer to us to book.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"As advertised"
A no frills hotel but pleasant staff, clean, and convenient location
1 night trip Mar 11, 2014
"Good for young people looking for cheap place"
Read some bad reviews on here but it was not bad at all. I am 22 so I was looking for cheap cheap cheap for me and my friend. Clean enough for me. A little loud at night just because it is in a busy area, but I am sure that is how other hotels in the area are too. Good location as there is shopping right down the street. Trolley is right down the street ($15 for a day pass). We took cabs out to Mission district every night (a lot of cool restaurants and bars/very young) which was a bit pricey but maybe you are better with bus systems than we are. Overall, if you are looking for a cheap place to stay that is decent, this is a good place to go.
3 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2014
Melanie
"Good Value"
The hotel was a bit dated, but given the price and the location, it made for a great stay. If you're planning to stay in your hotel all day, find a different place to stay. However, if you just need a place to crash that is centrally located, this hotel offers great value. Also, Hansel was friendly and had suggestions on where to visit.
3 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
Julian
"It looked like a hostel"
Old, small, and loud
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
robert
"Very noisy first night"
Because of the configuration of the hotel, any noise from rooms on the inside of the hotel bounced off the adjoining outside wall. It acted almost like an echo chamber. The first night of our stay, there were a lot of people talking and doing other things that people do in hotel rooms and it sounded like they were just outside of our room. The following two nights were very quiet. Nothing had changed , so I don't know why it was so different, but, it was.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Jack
"Good Stuff!"
Had no problems whatsoever. Easy check-in and check-out. No complains and will be returning in the near future! Thanks!
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Cool hotel"
The hotel was great as well as the staff especially at the front desk he's so nice and accommodating . The one big problem was the loud noise outside ( back hotel) early morning. It's kinda like unloading glass bottles it was really horrible and you can't sleep. The management really needs to do about that noise.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Was not the worst but..."
For what we payed we were expecting a mediocre room with outdated everything as stated in previous reviews. What I was not expecting was how loud the outside traffic was. It was so loud I even asked the front desk if we could be moved. Now the man at the front desk was nice in telling us he had no other rooms available, but I truly didn't believe him and I felt it was just laziness on his part. All in all I would have returned if not for how loud the room was and the unwillingness of the night staff to move us.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Sabrina
"Not good not bad"
I had to stay for 2 nights only. It was an average experience for me. Those who are on budget can opt for this one in the heart of the Union Square.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"A Decent "No-Frill"s Place to Call Home"
This is the place for you when you merely need a place to lay your head at night, after a jam-packed day of walking around the city. It's convenient location to public transportation, shopping and well...let's just say...culture make it's reasonable price tag worth it. Bring your own shampoo and perhaps some earplugs if you are opposed to listening to your own personal drummer with full-on drumset entertaining you at 3:00am in the morning right outside your window. On the other hand, leave those items at home if you like hanging out your window and observing the city from above.
2 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"SAN FRANCISCO"
Its a very "small" hotel, most of these hotels were at one time what we call flop houses. Now converted to far better condition. If your expecting the Ritz forget it, if your looking for lower cost and comfort, it is. its located a block away from Union Square. Everyone there were very friendly.
LUIS TORRES
Pros: Location, price Cons: Extremely poor internet, Very small room
6 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
"In the heart of downtown San Francisco"
Room was clean, comfortable, modest. Remote for TV didn't work. No clock in the room. Decent price for hotel downtown and near Union Square.
"great location"
great location for the cost of room
Andrea
"Good location great price!"
Have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and it never changes. Great location i/e close to downtown and union square, but the "homeless" that haunt the hood leave a bit to be desired. The hotel itself is a bit on the shabby side, however for the cost savings it is well worth the fallen on hard time appearance. The beds and sheets are always clean, whereas the carpets could use a good scrub.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Gregor
"Excellent Location but really noisy"
Location was great and the price was as well. Staff was very nice and accommodating - gave me a room change on the spot so I could have a different bed configuration. While the room was clean and basic, it was all I needed for my one night's stay. Unfortunately, it faced the street and the noise was non-stop all night long. There were loud people across the street until 4am and since the windows are paper-thin in the hotel, I heard everything. I had only about 3.5 hours of sleep all night due to sirens, people, cars, etc. all night - about 5am it got quiet enough to catch a couple more hours of sleep.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Jewels
Though I spent very little time in my room in the hotel I'd have to say this location is prime if you want to be within walking distance of downtownunion square. Starbucks is 20 ft away for the morning coffee and a snack.
3 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
DB
"Located in the heart of Union Square"
I loved it. This is actually the second time i have stayed in this hotel.I mainly stay here because it's inexpensive, central location, and it's only 3 blocks away from my friends apartments.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Maria
"Location was great but...."
Quality of hotel is very sad. This has been the worst hotel I've stayed in. It is old and not up do date. This hotel has great potential if the owner is willing to invest in his hotel. Room needs to be completely updated with new furniture. My room had old tore up furniture. Not pretty at all. The only reason I stayed there is because I booked it thru Expedia over the phone and could not do my research on this hotel.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Veronica
"Location was great."
We picked this hotel for two reasons: price and location. For these reasons, we were satisfied. The hotel is an older hotel, so you get what you pay for, but the hotel staff were accommodating and pleasant to deal with. Overall, I thought it was a decent place to stay. It was clean, and free of weirdos. It is, however, on the edge of the Tenderloin district, so there are plenty of homeless people and bums wandering around out on the streets. Also, bring earplugs to help drown out the night time noises of breaking bottles, yelling, police sirens, etc.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Howie
no frills whatsoever, but pleasant enough old brick hotel. In it's late life of maintenance, and could use a bit of sprucing up. Big old windows opened, which was a plus…until the garbage trucks came up the alley below at 3:45 AM. Internet was very slow to almost unusable. TV worked. Staff was pleasant. You get what you pay for, and this was a low-cost hotel.
3 night trip Dec 8, 2013
"Filthy Hotel"
The place was absolutely awful. I was forced to stay there because of a city wide event and there was no other availability elsewhere under $600. It was seedy and disgusting.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
"Old, but serves it's purpose"
We only ever book hotels in SF for location, as we love the Nob Hill, Union Square, Tenderloin area. This hotel is in the perfect location. It is old. Like, old. They say they charge for wifi, but we had a code printed on our receipt that we didn't pay for, so I think maybe they don't... Our room was TINY! The smallest hotel room I have ever been in. But it served our purposes. So if you're ok with a less than luxurious, old, tiny, kinda falling apart place that's cheap in a great location, this is a good option.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"Bad"
No hot water, slow internet, no security locks, windows would not close, extremely noisy
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Convenient Location"
This older building appears to be converted from an apartment or condo dwelling. Bathroom fixtures are dated, but in working order. We had two rooms, and one showed evidence of a previous water leak in the ceiling which was dry, but had not been repaired. I had meds that required refrigeration, but had to go to nearby stores to pick up ice since the room had no refrigerator, and no ice machine was in the hotel. Hotel is located very close to several low to high dollar restaurants, so dining was no problem. (Too bad there was no arrangement with the hotel for a light continental-type breakfast for hotel guests with one of these eateries.) Daily room rate, Service and maintenance were quite acceptable. Overall rating: 2.5-3 stars.
6 night business trip Nov 6, 2013
Art G
Toilet was broken in first room. Moved into two different rooms to get two beds but one of these was overlooking the trash cans. All night, glass was dumped in these cans so could not sleep. Get a room away from that alley and it is simple and basic, but the staff is nice
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Excellent value, character"
Stayed here for almost a week. For the price I paid and the location I would definitely stay here again. Rooms had a little wear but clean and comfortable. Windows are thin and street can be noisy at night but I slept right through. Soap but no shampoo ( I read the reviews and brought my own, but could find it at a cheap price a block away at Walgreens). The people at the front desk are definitely characters, but if you treat them with respect and are patient they are very nice and helpful (I was expecting an important call and there were problems, but the front desk was very helpful and we found a solution.) Overall, I prefer a hotel like this - having real character - over a cookie cutter hotel like the Hilton, which though upscale feels cold and soulless to me.
7 night business trip Nov 2, 2013
"Typical mid-level hotel"
This is an older SF hotel that has a reasonable rate for the condition of the hotel and location. Staff were pleasant and were able to assist with a noise problem . Bathroom is rather tiny, a little like an airline bathroom with a tub so not really recommended if you tend to the larger sizes.
2 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"Union Square Plaza Hotel"
This place was a dump and way overpriced.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Roger
"Noisy and has no internet service"
Has no internet! Rooms are smallest, only 1 elevator to all 7 floors, furniture like 1 stars hotel, or 3 stars in London. Location good for shopping but anything else. Don't advice to stay for vacation.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
sergey
Room was WAAAY too small, and the view was of a neighboring parking garage. Garbage truck started at around 3am, and kept us awake ALL night until about 7am. Hotel is on a one-way street, with no parking, so have to pay 25.00 a night to park in a parking garage, on a whole different street, then walk to hotel. I was very disappointed with this hotel. Plus, cups were in our room, but there was no ice or vending machine. When I asked at the front desk what we could drink he said, "tap water is good".
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Bryon
The building is old and clearly hasn't been rennovated, but it's kept clean and you can't beat the price for being in such a good location. There are lots of resturants and bars within a short walk and it's fairly easy to grab a cab out front. My only complaint is that the radiator can be a bit too loud, as it is an old-fashioned wall-unit.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
Ria
"Great Hotel Location-Parking with in/out privilege"
Very convenient at a reasonable price and good service at the front desk, Wi-Fi included, in general maintenance of the building should be better.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
"Hotel in great location center San Francisco!"
Excellent location,center of the city. Room, bed, bathroom is clean, but bagging for renovation. Rooms inside has not been renovated since 1907 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staff is helpful, but they can do only so much. Location and price bits it all.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013