All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
"Functional Hotel; can be chosen wen no other choic"
Just a functional hotel in the middle of the city. They charged a lot for location and due to conference.
5 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Dinesh
"Comfortable and convenient"
Overall very pleasant staff. Could include an alarm clock. Also no ice machine
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
SKL
"close to union square"
I was worried to stay here after reading all of the bad reviews, but I'm glad I kept my reservation. I'm a local bay area native, solo female traveler. I stayed here for a work holiday party downtown. The location is great! One block from Union Square. It's a small, old hotel, that reminds me of an older European hotel. My room was clean. I felt safe at this hotel. Yes, you get an actual key to your room, no biggie. Great water pressure. No toiletries except for hand soap, so bring your own shampoo/conditioner. Towels need replacing. I wouldn't bring kids here only because the windowsills are very low and the windows open all the way, just seems like an accident waiting to happen. The temperature of the room was fine. I think if it would have been a warm day, it would be uncomfortable (no air-conditioning). It's definitely a 2 star hotel, so if you want something "special", then don't stay here. Check in/out was a breeze with friendly front desk people. there is a Starbucks next door, a Walgreens close by and other restaurants.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"great value"
Great value the staff was super nice.
8 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
"just need a place to sleep"
Was there for the Nike Women Marathon. it is really close to the Union Square. the bed was really soft and bathroom/restroom is size of a closet! But hey, it is super close and low price. cannot complain too much.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Annie
"Good location gross hotel"
The hotel was in a great location the hotel room was not what I expected. It was very small and dingy. Keep in mind parking isn't included and is an extra $25 a night
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Small, cheaper hotel near Union Square"
Everything was good, parking is up the block so we had to walk a little ways with our bags. The hotel is very old, but clean. The windows are very thin so we heard everything going on outside, and our heater was on with no way to turn it off.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Lacie
"room was clean but nothing else was goog"
will never stay at this hotel again . Broken lamp , seat was broken on the toliet
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Nice,older hotel...Clean!"
Will stay there again!!!!! Great location.
4 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
curtis
"Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival"
The Desk Staff were helpful with transportation, storage of our bags and info about San Francisco. The area was very loud during the night. The area has many street performers/noise, during night time hours. We closed the windows, to little effect. We both slept with pillows over our heads to help with the noise.
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"Lots of noise on a Thursday night"
Friendly staff, a few good eating spots nearby, very noisy at night. Small bathrooms, bed was comfortable. No wifi (although Management claims wifi is available). Stay there again...most likely not.
2 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2014
Dory
"Close to Union Square"
It was old and not worth the money. If you're going to be in SF, choose something else. Peeling wallpaper....really??
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Cate
"Boutique equals expensive yet cheap!"
I checked in and requested a lower floor since I have claustrophobia and don't use elevators. This is a simple ADA request. The clerk told me that the room assignments had already been determined so they couldn't be changed. There was so little room between the end of my bed and the bureau, I stubbed my toe trying to get to the desk. There were no amenities (shampoo, conditioner, wash cloth) and the television was from the last decade. The carpet looked filthy and I seriously worried that I was going to bring home bed bugs or other critters. This was a very expensive stay, almost as much as the more modern hotels, which were booked up because of the Avon Walk.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"San Francisco July 2014"
I stayed at the Union Square Plaza Hotel on Geary (really close to Union Square). I got a room with a private bath (none of that sharing stuff for me). Anyway, the room itself was smallish and basic. It has a big tv concealed in a cabinet. The bed was o.k. The closet had a little surprise inside: a padded rolling chair. I thought that was a bit quirky, but it didn't bother me. The bathroom was separate from the sink/vanity. That sink was reallly small. I could barely fit my shoulders in front of the vanity. Very little space for toiletries. I stayed on the 6th floor, so I used the elevator a lot. The lobby area/front desk was sort of cramped right at the entrance. The front desk person had to deal with them not getting my reservation thru Expedia....but I did get in a bit early...so I could watch one of the World Cup games. You don't get an AC unit because all you have to do is open the window to get cool air. The highs were in the mid 60's. The location is good. The Curran Theatre is right across the street for you musical theatre fans. There's a 24 hour restaurant called the Pinecrest Diner. There's a Walgreen's a block away to the south. I had a hard time sleeping because of some business six floors down from my room on the 6th floor. Between 1:30 a.m.-- 3:30 a.m., there was such a ruckus (noise) of bottles, dishes clanging against each other. Even with the window closed, you could hear that noise. I was not amused. This happened on 2 days.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"A little disappointed"
Staff very friendly and helpful, room smelled old and musty, street noise was loud, construction in are was loud.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
John b
"Helpful staff"
The room was very small and dark. No air-conditioning or refrigerator. The staff, however, were very helpful, knowledgeable about local facilities and all too willing to arrange access to services.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Ozzie
"Would not stay there again"
Horrible hotel. Upon arrival we checked in at the reception and took our stuff the room. The room was quite small and big closet with TV was blocking access to one side of the bed. The room was also stinky. The reason for that was the rubbish with some diapers not taken out! We complained about that at the reception and got a new room as the maids are not working in the evening. The new room was what bigger with better access to the bed but the toilet/shower combination was just ridiculous. I have never seen such a small toilet in my life. The leg space between toilet and wall was 25 cm or less! The shower was just behind the toilet so to enter it you need to basically climb over the toilet. The water pressure in the shower was not so great either. For me (guy) was not so bad but for a lady with more hair taking a shower might consume more time. The single pane window in our room was almost falling out and the sound insulation was horrible. The street next to the hotel was full of rubbish containers so every night the rubbish collectors were making awefull noise. The first night I could barely sleep. The rest of the stay had to use earplugs to get some rest. The WiFi was very slow. Hardly could use it for browsing. Personally I would not stay there again.
4 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
Andrius
"Bad experience"
I have stayed in cheaper hotels in SF but this one beats it all. The rooms were dirty, I ended up changing the one that was given to me at first. Basic things missing (toiletries, Iron), had a weird smell of turpentine on the floor I was on. I had to convince myself hard to not look for another hotel that night. Its rare when I post a review but this one was really bad, will never recommend it to anyone specially people with kids.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
"Stay away"
The owner is trying to make it a residential hotel, so they don’t provide shampoo or soap. The place has an odd smell that clung to my clothes. Your key doesn’t unlock the front door, which is locked after 11pm, and that’s potentially more than irritating given the current state of Union Square. The hotel and the surrounding area are best described as “sketchy”.
7 night trip with friends Jun 1, 2014
"Great location - that's it"
Low cost hotel with private bathrooms near union square - price performer. Had room on 2nd floor facing Geary Street. Windows should be double-glazed to reduce noise. An ice machine would help also. Nevertheless, I will stay there again in six months.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
"Run Down"
Very run down and creepy. Had some strange smells as well.
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2014
JC
"Nice hotel, good price for the location"
Its close to Union Square - so walkable to everything. Friendly staff, clean room, no real amenities like coffee or bottled water - but it was a good price, good location, and safe. Its a basic hotel and I would stay here again.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Jayne
"Affordable and good location"
The rooms are nothing to write home about but they're comfortable and have the essentials. I was in town for one day for a job interview and the location and price were perfect for me.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
Erica
"Good for the price"
Close to the concert at the Warfield. ( 1/2 mile ) Room and bed were small but I knew that by reading reviews. If you are looking for a $200.00 room for $85.00 this isn't it. However, for a quick overniter to see a show, I would stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
J. McFall
"In the heart of shopping & commuting & some sights"
Based on the background of the hotels in that area. It is a old time feel, for example the tube tv, radiators, style of our room was like one bedroom apt with two queen beds. we had a full kitchen/incl microwave, nice size bathroom w/towels & soap, round dining table w/chairs and a couch. Our stay was good. Our room was very clean. It was a good deal for what we paid. It was weird when you enter the hotel the lobby desk was right there when you entered. Location is great especially if you're a shopper. Overall Good
2 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
The family
Great location friendly staff wi-fi so slow it didn't really work. The wi-fi is important to tourists.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
KS
we stayed at the back of hotel room, the recycle company was dumped the recycle stuff on and off all night, we could not slept .
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"Not too bad for the price"
We weren't expecting much for the price. The hotel was fine, location pretty good. The city never sleeps though, and its a loud neighborhood. The windows are very thin so you do hear things at night. It was an overall good experience for just crashing at night. Lots of homeless people though but I think that is just in general for the whole city.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Justin K
"Union Square and financial district centric"
Clean, comfortable, adequate. One little point of notice: Visitors are now allowed after 10pm. The front desk clerk will call you to verify your approval of their visit, and you WILL need to know their full name. FYI.
2 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
Rudi
"Not too bad"
I obviously knew upon reading ratings beforehand that it wasn't the nicest hotel in San Francisco, but it worked for what I needed, a cheap hotel in a good location that wasn't completely trashy. The rooms were good, the water took a while to hear up though when taking a shower and they didn't provide shampoo which threw me off a bit. But overall my experience was ok. Not bad by any means but not anything extraordinary. I would stay here again as it is reasonable and in the perfect location for what I need.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Just good location"
This hotel is located very close to Union Squre and walkable distance to Chinatown. We walked to Fishman Warf from the hotel but it took nearly one hour and hard so I recommend to take a bus to go to Fisherman Warf and nearby pier. The facilities in the hotel are worn. The rooms are noisy. The bed was not comfortable and the television had only several channels and did not show well.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
kate
"A nice comfortable place in downtown"
The place was nice and neat and in a very convenient location. The lobby is very small and the hotel is old but in a good condition. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The housekeeping can improve - everything in the room was clean but there was a bit of funky smell. I would stay here again, given the price and location.
2 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Bareable"
Very slow draining shower, flusher on toilet about to fall apart, leaky AC unit, dim light fixtures, no iron, ironing board broken. All in all, the best part about this place is the location and price. Good for very short trips. Hotel staff was friendly but generally not very helpful.
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"good enough"
my friends and i were staying in SF for spring break. i didn't care much about room comfort, as long as the price and location were good enough since we were not planning on staying in the hotel a lot. windows were dirty, shower was tiny, bathroom door wouldn't fully close, bedroom door wouldn't lock. it was still a good experience, as the staff was very helpful and like i said i didn't care about the comfort. if you do, however, this might not be for you. extremely convenient location, just across the street from a great diner, one block from union square, and couple of blocks from market/powell st where we took all our buses/subway rides since we couldn't rent a car.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Tiny room with a wall of another building for you."
If you're looking for a place to keep your stuff, it's a great room for one person. If you're looking for something better, go someplace else. I was disappointed in what I had. But it was my fault for not doing enough research. No food, the help wasn't exactly super friendly. And I felt the hotel needed an overhaul.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
alex
"Terrible conditions of rooms and facilities"
In my room the door of the cabinet was broken, no shampoo, and soap in the bathroom, no remote controller for TV , one of lamps has no "on-off" - it is broken, bad smell from overused and over cleaned carpets - and the receptionist does not know how to handle these problems. It looks like the hotel in "under water", and looks like it close to bankruptcy. Probably is better to shut down this hotel, and never allow its owner to run any business again. When you get in, you see immediately that plastic on the desk of the receptionist is broken - no money to repair? or the owner does not care? Taking shower, I have noticed that there is no shampoo, I called to receptionist - the telephone does not work. Well do you feel my situation? How it possible to offer such a "disable" hotel to customers? Two receptionists are nice people, they are not responsible for bad management and bad ownerships... I came to hotel with my Expedia # of confirmation - they said that they cannot find my booking in their computer. In 4 hours I came again - they finally found it! Simply, I would like Expedia return my money back, I am a disappointed customer after this hotel. Expedia is a great organization, I use Expedia faithfully during last 10 years with a great appreciation. I would like Expedia management to consider my complain seriously, because the Expedia may be does not know what kind of hotel they offer to us to book.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"As advertised"
A no frills hotel but pleasant staff, clean, and convenient location
1 night trip Mar 11, 2014
"Good for young people looking for cheap place"
Read some bad reviews on here but it was not bad at all. I am 22 so I was looking for cheap cheap cheap for me and my friend. Clean enough for me. A little loud at night just because it is in a busy area, but I am sure that is how other hotels in the area are too. Good location as there is shopping right down the street. Trolley is right down the street ($15 for a day pass). We took cabs out to Mission district every night (a lot of cool restaurants and bars/very young) which was a bit pricey but maybe you are better with bus systems than we are. Overall, if you are looking for a cheap place to stay that is decent, this is a good place to go.
3 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2014
Melanie
"Good Value"
The hotel was a bit dated, but given the price and the location, it made for a great stay. If you're planning to stay in your hotel all day, find a different place to stay. However, if you just need a place to crash that is centrally located, this hotel offers great value. Also, Hansel was friendly and had suggestions on where to visit.
3 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
Julian
"It looked like a hostel"
Old, small, and loud
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
robert
"Very noisy first night"
Because of the configuration of the hotel, any noise from rooms on the inside of the hotel bounced off the adjoining outside wall. It acted almost like an echo chamber. The first night of our stay, there were a lot of people talking and doing other things that people do in hotel rooms and it sounded like they were just outside of our room. The following two nights were very quiet. Nothing had changed , so I don't know why it was so different, but, it was.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Jack
"Good Stuff!"
Had no problems whatsoever. Easy check-in and check-out. No complains and will be returning in the near future! Thanks!
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Cool hotel"
The hotel was great as well as the staff especially at the front desk he's so nice and accommodating . The one big problem was the loud noise outside ( back hotel) early morning. It's kinda like unloading glass bottles it was really horrible and you can't sleep. The management really needs to do about that noise.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Was not the worst but..."
For what we payed we were expecting a mediocre room with outdated everything as stated in previous reviews. What I was not expecting was how loud the outside traffic was. It was so loud I even asked the front desk if we could be moved. Now the man at the front desk was nice in telling us he had no other rooms available, but I truly didn't believe him and I felt it was just laziness on his part. All in all I would have returned if not for how loud the room was and the unwillingness of the night staff to move us.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Sabrina
"Not good not bad"
I had to stay for 2 nights only. It was an average experience for me. Those who are on budget can opt for this one in the heart of the Union Square.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"A Decent "No-Frill"s Place to Call Home"
This is the place for you when you merely need a place to lay your head at night, after a jam-packed day of walking around the city. It's convenient location to public transportation, shopping and well...let's just say...culture make it's reasonable price tag worth it. Bring your own shampoo and perhaps some earplugs if you are opposed to listening to your own personal drummer with full-on drumset entertaining you at 3:00am in the morning right outside your window. On the other hand, leave those items at home if you like hanging out your window and observing the city from above.
2 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"SAN FRANCISCO"
Its a very "small" hotel, most of these hotels were at one time what we call flop houses. Now converted to far better condition. If your expecting the Ritz forget it, if your looking for lower cost and comfort, it is. its located a block away from Union Square. Everyone there were very friendly.
LUIS TORRES
Pros: Location, price Cons: Extremely poor internet, Very small room
6 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
"In the heart of downtown San Francisco"
Room was clean, comfortable, modest. Remote for TV didn't work. No clock in the room. Decent price for hotel downtown and near Union Square.
"great location"
great location for the cost of room
Andrea