All hotels in Concord, California, United States of America
1050 Burnett Ave, Concord, CA, 94520, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Poor customer service"
I was never able to reach the front desk. Every time I called I received a busy signal.It took 45 mins to check in due to lack of staff and computer problems. I asked for top floor and handicapped room. I received first floor and non handicapped room.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Lois, On behalf of our staff, apologize that your recent stay with us was not pleasant. Unfortuantely, our computers were not quite working correctly at the time of your arrival; I have shared your comments with our staff. As for the telephone, I have notified our maintenance department to inspect the telepone lines in your room to ensure that they are working properly. We hope that you will allow our staff another chance. Sincerely, General Manager
2 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
Lois
"Concord 11-14"
Had a nice bar and grill, stay was good.
Response by Clarion Hotel
I am happy you enjoyed our bar and grill. We are beginning to have karoke in the lounge for your entertainment. This week it is Wednesday and Thursday evenings. We hope you will be able to join us. Sincerely, General Manager
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"Older property with lots of flaws"
This hotel is next to a main freeway, and the rooms are solid-glass front so the traffic noise is inescapeable. In addition it is under the flight path for the local airport, so small noisy planes wake you up early in the morning. Housekeeping starts knocking on the door at 8 AM. Between all this I got next to no sleep, which is my main need at a hotel! Very few TV channels, horribly slow internet and no breakfast combine for very little value for your money.
Response by Clarion Hotel
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have joined the management team in October, and I am working with the staff to improve the hotel. We do offer both an interior Tower building and our exterior Garden building. We apologize for the noise. A request to be away from the Freeway may help with that. We hope that you allow us another chance to give you a great experience. Sincerely, General Manager
4 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"Good place if all you need to do is rest"
The hotel itself was nice enough and conveniently located. It is an older hotel, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot. The room we had was very small. We had a room to sleep four with two queen sized beds, and I could walk from the entrance door to the back of the room in less that 10 steps. The mattresses were due to be replaced, as both had sagging in the middle and were not even semi firm. There were limited outlets for electronic devices; one on the shared night stand, one on the small desk lamp, one on the wall next to the desk, and one near the sink which was shared with a hair dryer. The door didn't fit the door-frame around the bottom half of the door, so we had to place a towel at the base of the door to keep at least some of the cold air from entering (the room had an exterior entrance). The bathroom was about the size of a closet, just big enough for a toilet and tub/shower combination. There was visible dirt in the bathroom around the base boards and in the shower tiles.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We do offer several room types, including rooms in the Tower with interior entrance. As a new General Manager, I will look into the door entrance no fitting. I apologize for any inconvenience. We are looking forward to the many positive changes happening and yet to come at the Concord Clarion Hotel. Sincerely, General Manager
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Not sure i will stay again!"
The room had a foul smell. There were cobwebs on the ceiling, the bathroom sink would not drain and the bathroom was very dirty to say the least also the tub was cracked
Response by Clarion Hotel
I apologize for your challenges. Our staff is definately working on the cleanliness of the entire hotel, as I have recently become the General Manager mid October. We hope that you will allow us another chance upon your return to Concord, Sincerely, General Manager
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"it was good"
The carpets in general, and particularly in the elevator, could use a replacement or good cleaning. The room was clean. The restaurant was good and swimming pool was excellent. The night was quiet and restful.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Thank you for sharing! I agree with the carpet being changed. That is one of the first things I noticed as a new general manager. I am working with the owners to replace that. We are also beginning to professionaly shampoo all of our carpets to freshen our guest rooms. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, General Manager
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"ONE KNIGHT STAND"
room was good curtains had two large rips in right curtain. lower right knob was missing on t v console . pictures were taken and reported to check in people which they told me they were aware of. OTHER than that everything was fine. would stay there again. thank you William g. HILL
Response by Clarion Hotel
Thank you for sharing. We are receiving new drapery next week. I am also working with our maintenance staff to repair the challenges. I am a new General Manager, and I am working with our staff to improve the over all hotel. We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely,
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
william
"Just okay, over-priced"
Room was clean. Service was fine. This hotel seems much nicer from the lobby, but the rooms open to the outside and the balconies are grimy and need to be updated. This hotel was over-priced for what you get. A decent place to stay, but in no way worth the price.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Michael, Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I have recently joined the managment team. I am working with our staff to address the challenges our guests have experienced in the past, and look forward to the many positive changes to come. I hope that you give us another chance when in the area.
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Terrible hotel."
This was supposed to be the first time my girlfriend and I stayed at a hotel after a concert at the Concord Pavilion. We had planed to sleep in saturday morning since the concert ran late friday night. We arrived friday just after 3pm (check in is at 3pm) to check in. We waited in line for 40 minutes because both the hotel front desk clerks were assisting other customers (not a problem you would think since we were next in line) except one of them (older lady, probably didn't own a computer) had NO IDEA how to use their computer system. She kept asking the other (young man) how to do everything (causing him not to check in his customer). It got to the point that 6 people behind us decided to take a seat in the lobby and wait. We were assigned room #205, this will come in to play a little later. We entered our room and it was neat but not clean. Stained furniture, carpet and bedding. We left for our concert and returned close to midnight. We drove three times around the parking lot and could not find a parking stall. We parked in the red zone just outside the front doors and walked into the lobby. The front desk clerk (very nice middle aged woman) advised us that they had rented the hall to a live band and that parking was full. We had to park by the dumpster (not assigned stall). We awoke to water driping from our celing and soked my grilfriends clothes at 7am. We walked to the front desk and advised the clerk. The clerk said "Im Sorry" and checked us out. We left
Gonzo
"Pretty good hotel"
My stay at the Clarion was OK. The bed was very comfortable, room was fairly nice, staff at the front desk wasn't all that friendly but the maids were very friendly, free parking (very nice)...all things considered...it was a pretty good place to stay. I would probably stay here again.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
"A dive"
I needed an additional night stay while I was on my business trip last week. There was a large convention going on in the area so I was limited to quality hotels. The Clarion was the only hotel available. The hotel reception area was acceptable, yet it looked like something from 30 years ago. When I entered the tower from the back of the hotel there was a huge black smudge on the floor. The walls looked stained. In my hotel room there was an empty space for a large picture on the wall. The empty holes in the wall were replaced with tacks to fill in the spaces. Very noticeable. I will say that the room was clean and the television worked fine. I did not eat or drink at this hotel. I was glad to check out by 7:20 AM the following morning. I now know why this hotel was available during a busy week.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Joe, I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I was recently hired as the General Manager of the Concord Clarion. I look forward to addressing the issues that you have mentioned. As we have a fairly new staff, I am looking forward to the many positive changes. I hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Last minute trip and only hotel that had room"
No real experience. Had to have a room and only stayed for a few hours.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
Very receptive to needs of older/handicapped travelers. Although hotel is older, rooms clean and beds comfortable.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Lucy, Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us, We are looking forward to seeing you again.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Lucy
"One night traveler"
Room was in the older section and a bit difficult to find--like a maze. Upon arrival folks at the counter were helpful and friendly; on departure, folks were not so helpful, slow printer and could not print our receipt, clerk seemed rattled. Nice coffee service in lobby and wonderful barmaid in the bar-cheery, helpful and welcoming!.
Response by Clarion Hotel
Ronald, I appreciate your sharing your positive experience here at the Concord Clarion Hotel. I hope to meet you upon your return. I have recently joined the management team here, and look forward to meeting our guests. Thank you, again
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Ronald
"stay away"
Pay the extra $20-30 for the Hilton 100 feet away. Tons of spiders and stains and an AC Unit with a mind of its own. Perfect cheap Telly or smash spot
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Since I was travelling alone, I selected it based on price and availability; I doubt if I'll ever go back unless it's the only hotel with available rooms. My room keys didn't work - had to go to the front desk twice before they figured out the battery powering the room key lock was dead. Same for one of the outside exits. Ice machine didn't work; had to go to 2 other floors before I finally found some ice. Common carpets are filthy and badly need replacing. Room carpets weren't much better. All in all this hotel should only be recommended based on cheap room rates.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Pretty nice but..."
I don't feel like I got a great deal after staying here, but I suppose it was alright. Outside the rooms, the hotel has the feel of an okay hotel trying too hard to act like a luxury hotel. It is because of this, I think, that you have to pay $8.00 for a breakfast that isn't any better than any other hotel breakfast. It seemed like everyone eating breakfast was a little grouchy because they just got ripped off. The rooms and bathrooms are nice and clean, and it's in a good part of town. The beds are 7/10 on the comfort level. It's just off the freeway if you're passing through.
2 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
Jonathon
"Not a good night's rest"
The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The bed was extremely uncomfortable.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"good bang for your buck"
one night for business next day. convenient location and safe. overall not bad for the price but needs updating. the bathroom faucet leaked so in the morning there was a flood on the counter. Just needs updating. Everyone was friendly and nice.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
colleen
"Won't go back."
rooms need to have carpets cleaned desperately, actually they need it throughout the facility. We will not stay again. They hold a deposit on your bank account of $250 in case you destroy or smoke or whatever but the whole building already reaks of smoke. Very old place and they would not let us move to a room in the "tower" which I guess is newer rooms but no sure. Lots of grumbling coming from other folks who stayed there.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"filthy"
This hotel is very dirty. All of the exterior carpets and walls are could really use a good cleaning. A lot of deferred maintenance. The service at check in was was friendly and professional. The room was decent. The beds were clean and newer looking. The rest of the room needed some help. Oh and the hotel manager decided to test the fire alarm unannounced at 10pm. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
brett
"Good Bed-Some Areas Need Updating"
The beds and pillows were comfortable, slept well, the shower was very hot-good water pressure. The hallway carpets were very dirty, stained and smelly. Basic room, wifi was a little slow. Front desk was efficient. Didn't pay for breakfast.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Gave us a room that someone wad already in. When we finally got a room the carpet was saturated with water. We had to place our belongings in the bathroom so it didn't stain our luggage. I would not stay here again.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"1974 Reunion."
The best part of the stay was the bed. Very comfy, down pillows, comforter very nice. Great bar with specials Not so good: elevators smelled like cigarettes, the ends of the halls smelled like vomit and urine. What was going on there, euuuew!
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Miss
"GOOD JUST TO SLEEP"
Very noisy hotel. Other guests were talking loudly outside my room. Management doesn't seem to care.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
muke
"It was O.K."
The hotel and room were very nice. However, I didn't enjoy the $250 holding fee I had to pay at check in. They recieved additional minuses from me when the bar closed at 9pm, there was no room service, and the maid tried to get in my room at 9am when check out is at 12. There are some things that at nice room and pool can't overcome.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
T Janae
"very good value"
rooms and lobby neat and clean.Breakfastt a good dea. Staff healpfull
7 night family trip Sep 8, 2014
GDS
Air conditioner works on and off. By 0700 on check out morning AC turned off automatically and it was so hot in the room. I cannot make the AC work at all.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"not worth the price"
The lobby was decently nice. We stood at the front desk a while before anyone came to help. The guy wasn't totally unpleasant, but not friendly. We were directed to park on the side of hotel and use the side entrance that didn't need a key entry to open. It said " for our guests safety these doors will be locked", however when we got back to our room at midnight we walked right though. Guess they aren't too concerned about guests' safety. Our room had stains all over. The most concerning being a brown smear on the wall right above the toilet paper. Our neighbor was outside yelling on his phone and smoking which permeated our entire room with cigarette smoke. This place could definitely use some updates on the building.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
"Decent for a quick night's stay."
Staff was friendly and the area feels relatively safe (more of an industrial / car sales area). I had a gig nearby at the Todos Santos plaza and felt safe parking my hybrid in the BACK to charge it. This hotel is definitely an old hotel with a minor facelift, but it does what it's supposed to do and is much nicer than other basic-rate hotels that I've used in the recent past. My only gripe is that there are no light-blocking curtains, so the light of God will come in every morning. I had to jury-rig the decorative curtains to mostly block the window so I could get a bit of sleep in the AM.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
Kazam
"Unprofessional Service"
We informed the front desk that the air conditioner was inoperable. The immediate response was, "Yeah...and so are several other rooms." We also had to wait until the next morning for housekeeeping to open, in order to receive towels and toilet paper.
3 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
JC
"Not bad, but needs attention soon or it will be."
Pretty standard room, clean but stained from years of use. Breakfast was really good would have preferred that it was included in the rate but was only $6. Overall I would stay again but they need to reinvest some of their winnings in new furnishings and maintenance.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
Ben on many business trips.
Got in after an 11 hr drive from phoenix @ 3am two ladies at front desk had us wait half an hour because they said they were in the middle of switching over? Not too friendly also. after we got in our room @ approx. 4am stains on the floor, burn holes on drapes, plaster falling in bathroom, no thick cover on windows so light can get in and to boot they put us next to laundry room. So we were up @ 6:45a to the sound of washer and dryer going. Went to front desk and a very apologetic lady was there and gave us a room in the newly renovated section. The ghetto side they put us in was not nice at all. The other room wasn't so bad. Think the night shift attitude crew put us there on purpose. Will never stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Doug
"3 day stay"
Not much. Required a deposit at check in of $250.00 even though the room was already paid for. Key card didn't work for the outside door and room for 2 of 3 nights requiring going back to lobby for a new key. Outside doors propped open because the key locks didn't work. Coffee packets not replaced. AC unit not on at the time of check in and never really cooled the room for the 3 days.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Cannot deny its motel past"
Although recently superficially renovated and with an appealing courtyard entry, the place cannot deny its (decades) past as a Motel with outdoor access rooms with under-window jet engine noise level A/Cs. Street noise is also significant. Staff was friendly at reception and bar. All in all, relatively expensive given the quality of the place.
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
BR
"Worst Hotel Ever!"
Because I arrived with my emotional support dog, they felt compelled to put me on the ground floor in a section with no other guests. It was a row of 5 rooms, all of which were being remodeled. Except the one they put me in! It was missing a row of curtains, (should have had sheers and blackouts), only had blackouts that did not fit properly. There was mold or mildew on the bathroom ceiling, the bedspread had a stain on it. I was told that the lounge/restaurant served until 9pm but when I went over at 8:20, I was told that they were closed! I asked to speak to the manager but she was not available until the next day. When I went to see the manager it took her 15 minutes to come 20 feet from the back office to the front desk. The only compensation I was offered was a free breakfast! No thanks !!! I told them that NO ONE wants to be placed in a construction zone. The second morning I woke up to a buzzing power saw and pounding on the pipes! Really ????? THEY GIVE CHOICE HOTELS a BAD NAME. DO NOT STAY there!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Carpet in room was very dirty, did not want to walk on it with bare feet. Had trouble finding a working ice machine. There were broken ice machines on floor 1 and 2. Had to go to floor 3 to find a working machine.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Sue
"Dirty"
One night stay. Dirt and stains on everything (carpet, walls, furiture, bedding, counter tops sink and towels. Room smelle bad. Just plan dirty. Worst hotel i have stayed in years. Flew into Oakland airport after 2 hrs drive and 6hrs of flying. Will not stay at this place ever again
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
B.H. Robinson
"Disgusting Rooms"
Severly stained carpets, old mattresses, the room was smelly, overall it was an overpriced cruddy room. That said, the front desk service was good. The bar was adequate, and the bartender was awesome. They just need to update their beer selection.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
"Looks descent enough, until you step inside."
The hotel was short staffed and it took almost 30 minutes for them to check us in. The lobby looked nice enough, but that is where it ended. The carpets in the interior hallways were extremely dirty. Once you get into the room, every surface was dirty. I did not even want to walk barefoot on the floor. The air conditioner did not work properly and smelled when you turned it on. The furniture was broken, the bathroom disgusting. It was as if the room had not been cleaned.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Regina
The carpet was very dirty. That's all i can say!
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
Gustavo villa
"Never stay here again or my crew at work"
we started off with our room NOT ready for us and waited 20 minutes for that, Pool was NOT in use, the concert we were there for was canceled and asked a few staff what entertainment was around that area, could NOT get anyone that spoke Englilsh or understood us. The room was clean and that was the only good thing about this Hotel. We have a HUGE job going on in Walnut Creek and will NOT send my guys here to stay...Def. not recommended.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Jack
"OK"
THE HALL CARPETS WERE VERY DIRTY. THE WALLS NEEDED PAINTING 5 YEARS AGO IN THE HALLS.THE DRAPES WERE REALLY BAD. JUST SHEERS AND PEOPLE COULD SEE IN AS THEY PASSED MY WINDOW AND I COULD SEE THEM.WITH ALL THE BRIGHT LIGHTS YOU COULD READ A PAPER AT 12:00 IN MY ROOM. THEN THEY SCREWED UP MY RESERVATION AS I WAS GOING TO STAY A 4TH NIGHT AND THEY SAID SORRY WE ARE FULL. GOOD BY.WOULD NOT STAY AT THAT PROPERTY AGAIN.L MILLER
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
LARRY MILLER
"Revamped Holiday Inn with questionable pool"
Carpet needed a good vacuuming. One bedside lamp had a broken switch so was unusable. As in many lower tier hotels, the lighting was substandard, leaving the room in darkness even though all sockets had cfl or led bulbs. The air conditioner was good, very quiet and cooled the room. Breakfast meal was disappointing, with little variety. Food was prepared okay. Standard for giving toweling included one washcloth, two hand towels, and three towels. King sized bed had a noticeable sag in the center. I won't be returning to this property, ever. We stayed in a room with a view of the green pool. Maybe the pool water was okay, but the view from a distance was very uninviting. Over 5 days the tool appearance did not change. Very sad.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Bad stay in Concord"
this was one of the worst experiences i have ever had at a hotel. it was a pig sty the AC didn't work no hot water in the shower and the elevators never took you to the floor you needed to go to. Take this hotel off your list.
5 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Randy
"1. Extra charge at check in."
We were surprised when, at check in, a $250.00 hold was placed on our card for "potential damages" to room. When we booked we were not made aware. Second. The room was nice, quiet but totally lacks accessible electrical outlets. A bit hard to charge devices over night.
"Great location, great price!"
Loved the huge bed and blackout curtains. Seemed our water temperature was stuck somewhere between hot and inferno and the carpets could use a deep cleaning. Other than that, the room was wonderful; spacious, clean and had everything we needed. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Christina
"Awful!"
We would never stay here again. It took forever to get checked in, out wifi never worked during our two day stay despite repeated calls to the front desk asking for help. They admitted that they knew that the area of the hotel we were put in did not get wifi connection, yet they advertise "Free Wifi"? The beds were horrible & had a visable slump in them. We asked if they could do something about the beds, and they completely ignored us. How this hotel ever received a 3 1/2 star rating is completely beyond us. NEVER again!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Horrible"
Worst hotel we have ever stayed in! We were there 2 nights, and had 3 rooms. They advertise free wifi which never worked in the 2 nights we were there. We clled the front desk multiple times about it, they said they were working on it & then finally admitted that they knew that the part of the hotel we were in did not get wifi & they would move us the next night. We had 3 rooms & when we came back the next day they had not moved us & were not willing to. The beds had visible dips in them. The staff was less than helpful. I would NOT recommend & we will never stay in a Clarion again! Never!
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Jeralee Renshaw
"Non-responsive Staff"
We booked a room with two double beds. Received a room with one king bed. No other options. Clerk promised a roll-away bed. Never delivered to room. After returning to our hotel from our event, clerk said that maintenance had gone home and that there was no one to deliver the roll-away bed. Room itself was clean but curtains were damaged (torn) and wallpaper was peeling in spots near the window (water damage).
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014