All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1710 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA, 92109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Short and sweet!"
I was there just for one night, and had a lovely time during the day. Everyone was very helpful and I even got an upgrade to one of the suites. The service was top notch at the Firefly as well as the team in the reception desk. With the beautiful surroundings and great staff I would definitely come back to The Dana!
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Marlene
"$20 per day parking fee they don't tell you about."
Bugs in bathroom. When I checked out I was charged $20 per day for parking. Parking charges were never mentioned in the booking process and the hotels.com website never identified it as a mandatory fee or any other kind of fee.
2 night trip Feb 23, 2015
Donald
"Hotel close to seaworld"
When we checked in, they asked if we wanted to upgrade - we did, and it was worth the $30. Great view with a balcony. The things I did not like - there was a motion light in the closet - for some reason through out the entire night it would turn on and off - which kept waking up my 1yr old son. Also, when we checked out we were charged a $14 resort fee per night - was never told about this fee prior.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"BEWARE $20 to park! Never mentioned until check-in"
It was a beautiful place to stay. The food at the Firefly restaurant was really good. The pool and spa are right on the harbor, so relaxing! My only complaint is that there is no mention of the $20 parking fee. I booked this hotel based on affordability, and that extra $20 was unexpected. Hotels.com needs to update their website. It simply states "self parking". No mention of the outrageous fee. I have never heard of a resort with a parking fee. that is usually just at "Downtown" places.
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
Comfortable, great restaurant, great view, room needs a reading chair and light.
2 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
"small but fine"
The resort is comfortable with spectacular views of the bay and marina with various birds and sea lions right near the shore. The room felt tiny. For a week stay, closet was insufficient, no place for bags, one chair. Extra resort fee should be included in price of room. Parking is $20 per day!!!! extra
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"Happy"
Was the best ever , I'll will definitely come back:)
2 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
"Loved this place!"
Me and my kids stayed here after a very long, bad day, we were robbed at seaworld, what was suppose to be a mini vacation turned into a nightmare, my kids were devastated they took some very precious valuables anyway we went to check in and leave it to an 8 year old to put it out there he blurts out "we were robbed" the guy at the front desk was shocked! I wish I remembered his name he was a young African American long story short he was super awesome he hooked me and my kids up with a free dinner at the restaurant there, so even though we were all sad and seriously bummed we ate dinner at the Firefly and we swam at the pool until 11 p.m.and Mama enjoyed a few glasses of Moscato!everyone at the Firefly was super awesome too! none of the events that happened that day was this hotel's fault but they saw how devastated my kids were and they helped us out and put smiles on their faces it was a short stay but it was an amazing time they literally turned our frowns upside down!!!!!!! I will definitely be returning this is definitely the new hotel we're staying at when we stay in San Diego!
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Try something else for the price -"
The beds were comfortable and bedding of nice quality. Good coffee maker and plentiful coffee supplies. Supplies of toiletries were also very nice. That being said the ambience left much to be desired as the room was rather small, with small windows and one small chair. It is just hard to update from the 1970's. And we were told that we were "upgraded". If you really want to be close to the bay, you are close, but there is no view of the bay from any part of the hotel or dining area. Also $20 for parking seemed quite steep when I looked quite carefully on the site and all I could find was "self parking" but no reference to a cost. It worked, but was not worth the cost unless you really want to be in that part of Mission Bay.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Resort"
Wish we had time to enjoy amenities. We left a jacket there and didn't realize it for several days. Called Dana and had it back three days later.
Kenneth
"ADA features"
We booked three rooms, one ADA compliant room for guests in town from Sonoma County. There was some confusion regarding the stay and Expedia made the corrections for us.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Sags
"Quick Family Weekend"
We stayed in building 21 which is a newer building on the property and the room was a great size for my wife and 2 kids. The property is very well taken care of and the food was of great quality. The location is nice as well as we were able to get to Mission beach within 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Kip
"Surprises"
We had a lovely stay at the Dana Resort Hotel One problem was that not all the resturants and pool bars where open during out stay. The Hotel also charges a 20.00 a day parking fee and 14.00 a day resort fee. This is like an extra 15% tax . We where not pleased
Raymond
"Decent place close to sea world"
A bit dated but clean and comfortable. Staff was great and nice location close to sea world with free shuttle.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"The worst resort company ever"
When I checked in I was told that hotels.com overbooked my stay and that The Dana did not have a room for me. I was told I could go to their sister company, The Days Inn in hotel circle. I asked to speak to a manager and they ended up finding me a room. The next day when I checked out my visa card was charged 3 different times to equal $100. This was the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced and I will never stay there again!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Loved it!"
Awesome location that's only a few miles from the beach. Room was very clean with updated furnishings. Would definitely recommend this hotel and return again
Katrina
"Nice hotel, good location"
Enjoyed the property and marina. First impressions not the best. Wish staff would have explained more about room options such as view, pool or suites. Restaurant was very good. Pool very nice.
"Nice hotel by the bay"
Nice hotel with bay view, room spacious with good coffee and Friendly staff. However room needs cleanliness improvement. The wash towel was dirty, tub needs to be cleaned properly and spotted an insect inside bathroom.
"Decent Hotel, $20 Parking Fee!"
The hotel itself is decent. You can tell it's older from the outside appearance of the buildings, but the rooms are updated and nice. It was clean and comfortable. My only issue was the ridiculous parking fee of $20 a night! Expedia had listed the $14 daily resort fee, which I expected, but then I got hit with a $20 parking fee upon checkout. The hotel is nice, but it's not nice enough to justify the $20 parking. Had I been aware of the parking fee beforehand, I would have booked elsewhere.
"Must stay for business people or families"
Very nice place to stay. This is a great spot for business or pleasure. I particularly like the Firefly restaurant after a long day. The folks at the bar are WONDERFUL, and you can grab a bite to eat from the full menu, or a glass of wine or one of the dozen or so local micro brews. Great. The breakfast place onsite, Blue Pearl, is also very accomodating for business people or families. My only complaint is that sometimes it's a bit hard to find your room, because it's a large property. A minor issue compared to all I like about the place!
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Laurie
"Disappointing Stay with advertised view missing."
Check in was easy with courteous staff. The restaurant was situated near the lobby. Food was incredible, but service was lacking. My room was clean, but shabby. It needed new carpet. The mini fridge and microwave were stacked in the corner as an afterthought. The room really needed to be remodeled. The remote for the tv did not work well. You couldn't turn the volume either up or down or scroll through stations. HBO did not come in, although advertised. I was disappointed in my stay. I'm glad it was only one night!
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"Great Place to stay for Location and comfort."
Loved the rooms both the older view room by the marina and the new room Bay view. Front desk very efficient and knowledgeable. Room staff excellent. Don, was very helpful. Shuttle to sea world. Very Close to Mission Beach. We enjoyed our stay. Except for......... The firefly restaurant. Afternoon shift was fine. Evenings. Cold soup both times. Even after it was "reheated" it wasn't hot. The Evening wait staff totally disorganized. Dirty plates not cleared from the table. Wine came after the food. Had to go get salt and pepper. Had to ask for plates for bread. Entres were tasty. Firefly was Disappointing. We ate there four times!
4 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2015
"Really like the location of the hotel, nice view"
I was happy for my resivation and I'll come back some times next mont
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice hotel great location"
I loved this hotel! It was great so close to sea world and nice and quiet not in the middle of the busy downtown area. Great for families but also great for young couples or groups
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Location, Location, Location"
The Dana is located close to Sea World and beaches. Even thou it is a mature property, it has been updated and kept up nicely. The grounds are beautiful and very relaxing. It's an oasis in the middle of the San Diego area. Very family friendly.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Good stay"
Was a great room to be near Mission Beach or Sea World, (didn't go see the fish), but driving into the city or airport took a little time but decent location non the less, you could drive the roads easy enough. Good walking trails around the complex and parks nearby and pretty quiet as well. all in all a decent stay, the room furniture was a little nicked up but service was clan and efficient.
3 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
Jeffery
"Nice resort with great staff"
We were given a room on the second floor with two queen beds instead of one king bed which was what we ordered, with no elevator and we had a lot of luggage, i called the front desk and they upgraded our room to a suite with a an amazing view, the firefly restaurant which serves dinner and lunch was over priced and the food was average.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Hatem
"Short but Sweet Stay"
Loved the staff at the firefly restaurant and the Tuesday night drink special was excellent (lemon something with green tea infused vodka). Rooms are motel style and nothing exceptional but they were clean and comfortable.
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Noah
The Dana is a great place to stay at. The amenities are well kept, but you'll need a car to get around if you don't like to walk.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Nice hotel, on the marina, close to beach"
Overall good, multiple hidden cost, resort charges, charged for parking space even though I did not have a car.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Not so great hotel in a great spot..."
Initially believed we were staying in a resort on mission bay... Arrived to decor, thin walls, horrible views, and CONSTRUCTION during the day... It was BAD... Super BAD!
4 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Donte
"Beautiful setting."
The Dana was a perfect place for those who don't like big hotels. We had a room with balcony overlooking the bay. Great cookies! Watched the rowers. Good beds and linens. Easy to get to from I-8.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
kathy
"Beautiful location"
This hotel has a beautiful location and was comfortable and quiet. Attractive grounds and VERY pet friendly with a nice 'pet pack' for our Service Dog, which was much appreciated. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only two small issues. An elevator to the second floor would have been nice for a disabled person. Also, there was no coffee shop or snacks available. The room coffee maker only dispensed one cup at a time. All in all a nice place to stay. Pool area was very attractive although I did not use the pool myself.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Vivienne
"close to sea world"
this is the closes place to sea world and if you get a good deal might make sense to stay
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
J
"emergency"
I was called home for an emergency in the late afternoon of my first day so did not stay. The treatment of me however was just lovely. They cancelled the reservation and did not charge me. I will defiantly go back to this hotel the next time I go to San Diego.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
mike
"Beautiful hotel"
Great staff , Ana at the Resturant was amazing , every time I called to order coffee or breakfast she was super pleasant , and super nice .when I order towels was there right away . Staff at front desk super helpfull .
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
h
"stay and Play!"
Wonderful staff, service, and location. Quiet and relaxing. Restaurants and pools were exceptional! We'll be back!!
3 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
"Great location!"
It was a great location and bay side room was nice. The only drawback to our room was that the air conditioner did not work properly and it was quite stuffy at night.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Cindi
"wake up by the water, what else do you need?"
Just one complaint: the robes and towels were far from soft. Other than that, everything else was superb!
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Greg
"Great place to saty!"
Great place to stay. Friendly staff. Two good restaurants on the property.
3 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Terry
"OK HOTEL"
FOOD AT BOTH RESTARAUNTS WAS VERY GOOD. CARPET IN ROOM STAINED BUT REST OF ROOM CLEAN. PILLOWS ON BED WERE OVERSTUFFED. TV REMOTE DIDN'T WORK. ROOM HAD NO VIEW. REQUESTED FLATTER PILLOW AND HAVE BATTERIES CHECKED IN REMOTE BUT GOT NO RESPONSE ALTHOUGH FRONT DESKED PROMISED IT WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF. LOCATION COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER. EASY ACCESS TO ALL POINTS.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Lower than my expectation. I will not stay there again and will not recommend to my friends.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Toilets were not working properly in 2 of our rooms. Pillows could use upgrading.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Great Time at The Dana"
Was meeting a buiness associate and he was already checked in. They were able to change my room to the same building he was staying in. Made it very convenient and I appreciated it. The staff was great. The Firefly resaurant had great food and great service! Shannon at the bar was awesome!
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"Dana"
For an older hotel it was great
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Jerry
"Wow!"
Wow! What a beautiful room. When we drove up we were not sure about this hotel. But once inside the room we were blown away! It was beautiful! We got a great deal because it was off season!!!
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
Kate
"Central to everything, walk to beaches"
Great location, close to everything in San Diego. Lovely parks around the hotel. Service could be a bit better at times - restaurant seemed a little unorganized and slow, despite there being plenty of staff.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Nice stay at the Dana."
Stayed here for 3 days while visiting our son from the east coast. Loved the tropical gardens, marina views out all the windows. Delicious breakfasts at the on site restaurant. Awoke each morning to the roar of jets from nearby San Diego airport. But the star is the fabulous weather!
4 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Mary Ellen
I always stay at the Dana for location and quality. My only complaints this time were a permanently temperamental parking lot gate and issues with tv (HBO and remote). It's my way of staying in a nicer place without going into stupid price land. Great staff.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Nice hotel but beware of add on charges"
Good hotel no major complaints just be aware of $14 a day resort charge and $20 a day parking charge
Other trip Jan 24, 2015