All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
1710 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA, 92109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great amenities
    Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"Not as pleased as previous stays"
Made reservations in January and requested a specific room. Check-in took 7 hours and initial room was not as requested. Staff were able to get us into our requested room after additional waiting. Was told wait was due to house keeping delays. Parking was comped. When we finally got to our rim, parts of room were not cleaned well hand prints on mirrors, pull out bedding dirty. This was our 5th stay at this hotel and was not add pleased with cleanliness and difficulty in Check-in as previous stays. Good location but there are others in the same vicinity we may consider next time.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
Andi
"Nice people and clean rooms!"
Great!
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
Property and location were a plus for our trip however we expected a higher quality establishment we found the rooms small and outdated especially the shower and kept getting inconvenienced by broken vending machines kitchen being unable to provide breakfast only Buffett because it was getting work done (kitchen) and then we had to even change pools once because they were doing a photo shoot for the hotel. Just seemed as if they were quick to take your resort fees but didn't care about anyone's inconveniences when trying to use the resort.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
"Great Hotel, service, and the best location"
If you're with Expedia they will upgrade you great Hotel excellent location
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Poor Hotel
"Be back soon"
Just an over night stay but such a great value for location
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
Dolores
"dana inn"
beautiful hotel really enjoyed out stay..
2 night romance trip Oct 21, 2015
jim
"Great getaway"
Awesome Hotel and customer service. Will definitely return
1 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2015
Rigoberto
Everything was great. I will return
1 night trip Oct 18, 2015
Hotel was great, it cost $100.00 more that we expected with 20.00 a day parking and all the taxes , and travel taxes. Please let people know in advance. Thanks
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2015
Kelsey G
"Watch what room you reserve"
Nice facility overall but we were put in the older section of the hotel and ,although they had done upgrades, the rooms were very small, the carpet was dirty and the bathtub had mold around the edges. The cable TV reception was in and out and internet was in and out during our stay. After we reserved on Expedia, they also charged a daily parking fee and another fee on top of that. There is a newer section which looked nice. The food was good and service from wait staff was excellent. The bartender was slow and had an attitude. Located on a bay there were walking paths that went under a bridge and over to another hotel.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Mona
"Perfect hotel if making a trip to sea world"
We requested a king bed but got two queen beds. Pictures on the website made the room look spacious but it's not. Since the hotel wasn't full they should give their best rooms to their guest.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Great trip with a really friendly staff.
4 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
Keri
Everything was good but the firefly restaurant. Not a good experience.
4 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
Patrice
Nice place. Rooms a little small, but worked for one night. Close to mission bay and mission beach. Clean and greenery all around. Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
"Very nice place to stay"
I loved it here didnt want to go home !
2 night trip Oct 13, 2015
Not Provided
Check in was a breeze and they were really accommodating. The room was really nice and the view was great. Sucks paying for parking and resort fee when we didn't even use the pool.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Staying By The Bay"
The room was clean but, clearly a little worn. It was not very big compared to other places I have stayed. I was surprised by this. The upper level rooms have vaulted ceilings that give a sense of space. The TV worked on and off. There is an added fee for parking which is absurd given there is plenty of parking located outside each room. Also, there is an added resort fee. The amenities are great and the location is unbeatable. Grounds are well maintained. The Firefly has good food and Happy Hour is a great deal. They have TV's for sports games. Nice walking paths as well. I would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2015
Joy
"A nightmare"
I was expecting something better for the prize. My room did not get clean even after calling 3 times to request clean towels. I had to go get them myself. I do not recommend this place for a family stay. I will think with the high prices you will get better service. AC did not work well. You can hear everything from outside. Not a good place to stay
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Family Anniversary Weekend"
We went for our Anniversary weekend with our two toddlers. Over-all it was a great experience. There was a microwave and mini fridge so I could keep kids happy with their favorites. Bed was comfortable. Our only negative is the AC that didn't cool very well and a bit noisy since it's not central. Staff was very helpful, we even got a free upgrade to a "View Room", of the pool, and a $20 credit to the restaurant. We ate breakfast at hotel, which was actually very good.
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
Rubiel
"I felt like in jail"
my family and I wanted to enjoy the swimming pool but there was no way because a lot of men drinking and smoking pot
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Decent hotel for short stay"
It was good.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2015
"Tight Squeeze with a Great Environment"
I choose to take my wife and kids to The Dana for our first vacation to San Diego. The location is ideal for the type of activities we wanted to do. My initial reaction after checking in was disappointing because of the room size. The Dana has some newer facilities that are prominently displayed online, but a majority of their rooms are in their older section of the resort. I felt that I could get larger room and bathroom at Motel 6. The 2nd floor rooms in the older section don't have a balcony/deck which would have made the room more appealing. However, the atmosphere on the property is serine, accommodating and very clean. The landscaping is beautiful and the music coming from the pool areas always seemed to invite relaxation. The pool areas were clean and somehow always had clean towels regardless of how many people came through. The evening movie at the pool was a big hit for my kids. Overall, we didn't spend a lot of time in our room so the small room was less of a negative and definitely doesn't detour me from wanting to go back.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
T
"Very Nice"
Great location and the price was right.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
"A quiet visit to San Diego"
We had a quiet 4 day stay. The property was a little dated but the updates to the room made for a nice stay. The price was a little misleading as there is $34/day extra in fees each day on top of the quoted rate. The location lends itself well for travel in the area though we seemed to travel mostly toward the city. The staff was very helpful and the property is quiet. We paid extra for our room with a view which was overlooking a garden between buildings with a limited, face near window, view of the marina.
4 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
Staff was excellent and the food was very good along with the price.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
"Not worth the money!"
The room was small. I guess we needed to pay an extra $80 per night for the nicer rooms. Not sure why they charge a resort fee plus $20 a day for parking. The hotel was just ok. Too expensive. Near Sea World and close to a beach but really nothing else to do in the neighborhood. Lots of homeless people in the area. We were really surprised by that.
4 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
"Mission Bay getaway"
Extremely difficult to find driving. I got lost coming and leaving each day even with google map Once inside hotel also confusing to find my unit
3 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
"Buggy"
It's was nice but there were a lot of bugs in the room, I'm guessing due to moisture. Made kind of uncomfortable to fall asleep
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Genobeva
very nice one night stay.. property was very beautiful and very nicely landscaped... customer service was excellent
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
gary
"Dana was great!"
Loved it! Great staff, very friendly.
Alex
$14/Resort Fee and $20/Parking Fee per each day on top of your rate. 2 star hotel at best, not sure how they are claiming 4 stars. My room was very Motel 6, clean and reasonably comfortable.
Jonathan
Hotel facilities are good, the rooms are fairly poor and not very clean. The WIFI was poor, but the worst thing about this Hotel were the additional costs. $14 a day for I still don't know, and a further $20 a day for parking! So an EXTRA $34 dollars a day on top of your room fee. Not happy.
4 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
"Great Pet Friendly Resort, Close To EVERYTHING!"
Stay was great. Firefly, the full service restaurant on the property, was AMAZING! Service was prompt and friendly and rooms were comfortable. Only reason I gave room cleanliness a 3 and hotel service a 4 was because we brought our dog. They had given us a tag to put on our door but didn't clarify whether it needed to be on at all times or not. So just to be safe we put it on the entire time and in result, our room was NEVER cleaned. I understand it's probably partially my fault but that should have been conveyed to us upon check in! Other than that great service! (And they gave treats for my pup!)
4 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Julian
"Too pricey for the room"
Too pricey for the room and too many fees for parking and resort fees
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
"Too Many Issues"
I don't recommend staying here. The location was good and the service was quick, but we spent entirely too much time dealing with the hotel's problems. Here's a quick list of what we had to deal with: The "view room" we were assigned could only see trees and the parking lot. Hotel staff reassigned us within 15 minutes. Website and staff said cribs were available. They only have pack-and-plays. Toilet was broken in the new room. Fixed within 30 minutes. Fridge broke during the night (started squealing). Maintenance troubleshot and replaced it the next morning. Took about an hour and a half. A hole in the front door allowed a mouse in during our first night. We scared him off. Maintenance installed trim on the door's base to keep him out the next morning. Took about 10 minutes. Soundproofing was lacking, could clearly hear other guests move about, plumbing run, and Sea World's fireworks. As for the room itself, it was rather low quality. The tile work was sloppy; having the high amp outlet for the A/C unit at baseboard level next to a sink seemed stupid; no fan in the bathroom was an inconvenience; the light switch to the bathroom located outside of the bathroom was hilarious (pranksters love this); and the furniture and pillows were uncomfortable.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Marcus
"SeaWorld Get Away"
Had wonderful room, great service, good food, and the drop off and pick up service to SeaWorld was terrific.
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Gail
"excellent experience"
thos place is paradise. I read many reviews talking about how its not taken care of, but i found the opposite everything was clean, well maintained, and I felt at home. the service from the front desk, to the resturaunt was top notch, and everyone was super friendly. the grounds are the perfect distance from the beach, parks, and water sports. we got to do so much in just 4 days because it was all closeby out resort. thank you dana for a beautiful getaway. I highly reccomend the firefly for dinner. the filet minon was amazing!
3 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
eileen
I choose this Hotel cause it has a shuttle to sea world. Very easy to find. Great location!! Very Clean, in the rooms and around the facilities. The staff are friendly. The only thing I didn't enjoy was not enough dinner selections at firefly resturant, a little too fancy with the menu. Just a simple fish and chips or tuna melt for dinner after walking all day at sea world would be fine with us. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. we will be back again soon!!
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
April
"Good location but rooms/appliances are old"
The location is awesome. I wish we had more time to explore around. But rooms and appliances are little old. The AC was not working and after complaining a maintenance guy came, fixed something and it worked for an hour. When we came back late at night, it was again broken. We called front desk only to find the compressor is broken. They did offer another room but it was almost midnight and my son slept so we stayed in the same room. In the morning we found that Fridge and microwave is also not working. May be we were unlucky.
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Ankit
It was awesome! Exactly what I was looking for!!!
1 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
MaryAnn
Loved it.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
I was staying one night with my classmate. We are MBA students from CSULB. We were there on vacation to explore San Diego.
1 night trip with friends Sep 16, 2015
Vickie
When my father arrived the room was not ready. Once the room was given to him, the carpets were stained and dirty.. We slept on top of the covers because of the "iffy" state the room was given.
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"Great hotel for couples and families"
Great location and friendly staff. We've stayed here many times and will be back.
5 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
"Older hotel not well kept"
The Dana is an older hotel and not very well maintained
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"knock knock SeaWorld"
Great hotel so close to SeaWorld
2 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
jesus
"Great location and staff"
Great location for visiting the beach and Sea World
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
"Great for a family getaway"
Excellent location! On a pretty little part of the water, right in Mission Beach. Our room was in a great location, between the two pools, but it seems like there's no bad location. We enjoyed swimming in the lovely pools every day. Love that you can order drinks by the pool as well. They put on some fun events on the weekends--movies poolside, live music outside the restaurant, really nice.
3 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
Clare
"vacation with family"
terrible. we are booked for 3 nights bit we have to check out after the first night. the room us dirty. bath room is yucky. the carpet is terrible and dirty. you will be afraid to walk bare foot. the wife was itching and scratching the whole night and was not able to sleep. we won't stay again in that hotel even if you paid us and the hotel is free. we move to Sheraton across the island.
3 night trip Sep 13, 2015
the Dana Innn at Mission Bay
"It was a bit disappointing"
The room was a bit small compared to the pictures. I had a mosquito bite that caused my arm to swell for 3 days. The shower head was miserable.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015