All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
1710 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA, 92109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A+++"
Best place we stayed on our honeymoon. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in the area
3 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Karl
"nice hotel in mission bay"
nice hotel in mission bay, no private beach (10 min walk). we stay in bay view 1st floor, 15 sec to the bay side in front of the room.
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
"The airfreshener room"
We had two-nonsmoking rooms. When we arrived at 11:00pm theys told us our rooms had been upgraded, buy they were not together. One room was great, but the other room had an air freshener plugged in that overpowered you with a smell. They were trying to cover up cigarette smoke. The view was spectacular and the location was fabulous, right on the Bay. The room was very clean, the pillows were awful, way to firm and full. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. I would stay their again, but bring my own pillow.
2 night family trip May 13, 2015
Janelle
"Hidden fees"
Had a nice weekend at the beach. whenever we stay here we park our car offsite. Find a good spot on the street and just leave it. This property is a little far from the beach. Not a bad value. you will still have to pay the "resort fee".
3 night trip Apr 1, 2015
"Last Minute Stay"
Checked in late due to last minute stay in SD. I was upgraded to a room overlooking the park and the bay. Very clean comfortable room. I would definitely stay there again if the price was right.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
Marla
"Nice place but watch the hidden fees"
We stayed in one of two newer buildings (bldg 1000 & 2000). Our room was very big (2 queens, love seat, small dining table) and had a balcony overlooking the bay with four chairs and a small table. The grounds were very well kept. The staff was very helpful. The room had a fridge, microwave and plates and utensils. The restaurant was just OK. I wasn't real pleased with having to pay $20/day parking and $14/day resort fees.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Rachael
"unpleasant"
There was a cockroach in my room. The room looked ugly. Room was on ground floor so people go by constantly and you can't keep the windows open.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Great Location! Watch out for hidden fees"
Watch out! Hidden parking and resort fees make this less of a great deal. This hotel has a great location. The maintenance staff is very friendly. The clerk that checked us in (Marcus) was very friendly. The shower had very low water pressure. I was informed at the time of booking that the hotel charged a daily resort fee. We were informed at check out that the hotel also charges $20 per day parking fees that were not disclosed. The clerk (manager?) I spoke to at check out was rude, did not apologize that the fees were not disclosed, and did not even thank me for the business.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Motel not a hotel"
Disappointed that this was a motel and not a hotel as advertised on the website.
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Gina
"over the bay and through the zoo to grandmother's"
lots of fun playing in the beautiful infinity pool and a few good meals and drinks at the poolside restaurant/bar. over the bay and through the zoo to great grandmother's house we went. then back to the Dana for some more pool fun.
3 night family trip May 4, 2015
Cory
"Sea World drove in"
The shuttle to Sea World was great. Hotel.com did not mention the extra fee for parking there and the Passport fee you must pay. So it was an extra 63 dollars. The location was great and gardens beautiful. I did ask for tea for the kurig(they offered it at check in) then we called and asked for it. They never showed. The movie by the pool was nice for the kids.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"glorifed overpriced motel"
Everything could be heard through the walls. This is an over glorified motel....$180 for loud cars and ppl walking above us and outside, our security for lock was ripped off. Not with the money!!!!!!!
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!"
Horrible, horrible experience. Worst hotel stay ever! I had an elaborate review written so that I could warn everyone about this hotel but it was apparently too long to post. Lots of hidden fees so you will get nowhere near the Hotels.com rated price, not worth the price. Definitely not the cleanest place I've ever stayed! Food sucks and is over priced. Rude customer service people! Stay somewhere else!!
4 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Summerlyn
"Perfect location!"
Great location, fantastic pools, delicious food and drinks!
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Gregory
"Refuse to pay resort fee!!!"
As expensive as the hotel is, they charge extra for parking and also resort fee. They need a wake up call- they are NOT a resort because they lack amenities. They must be questioned a lot for their resort fee because they have a brochure ready with a list of what you get- basically the only important thing in it is internet. Also- most San Diego hotels do not charge $20 for parking.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2015
Edwin
"FUN TIMES AT THE DANA"
We had the greatest time at The Dana...The staff was so friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean and our dogs we're very happy as very happy as well!
3 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Sheri
"Family Friendly"
Good, clean and safe for the family. House keeping was very spot on. Very conveniently located to everything. Good food at the situated restaurant and the best fish and chips I've had across the way. Welcoming environment without being pretentious. I recommend staying here.
4 night family trip May 1, 2015
Benjamin
"Recent stay"
It was ok but they left room service dishes outside rooms for a long while and rooms were small for the price I will not stay her again. They charge a resort fee for what I don't know and parking fee every night.
2 night family trip May 3, 2015
Greg
"A little bit of Heaven"
Everything about this hotel is wonderful! Staff, food, accommodations, location! Feels like a small boutique hotel even tho it is a fairly large property. I'll keep returning again and again!
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Leslie
"Resort style Hotel but with a homely feel"
Stayed here for 2 nights and couldn't have been happier. Room was basic but very comfortable and quiet and the free WiFi was fast enough to get work done. Where this place shone though was the food and customer service; extremely friendly and happy employees, making me feel like I was right at home. Cocktails at the bar were 'ok' and limited wine choice, but a good selection of beers on tap. Location in general isn't great, unless you just want to visit Seaworld, have a car or are prepared to pay for a taxi everywhere, although it's easy walking distance to Mission Beach. From the airport, the choices are limited and there is no direct or nearby bus. The hotel doesn't provide a shuttle, so unless you want to walk (which I did - 6 miles from the airport and mostly pleasant), you're going to need to factor in the extra cost of transport.
2 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
"Can hardly wait to go back."
We will definitely be back. We had suite which was very roomy and comfortable. At check in, there were amazing chocolate chip cookies.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
MARTA
"Dana Review"
Nice hotel, great view of the bay. Close to Pacific Beach--hotel food is great and staff is excellent. Really enjoyed our stay here.
3 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
Ryan
"Great Couples Retreat!"
Had a great weekend getaway with my significant other. We enjoyed drinks by the pool at both pools/spas. Great location to some of the local and lesser known spots San Diego has to offer. The view wasn't bad either from our patio!
2 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Brittany
"Solo getaway"
Perfect quick solo getaway. Only stayed one night for a last minute trip to see my son who is a Marine at Camp Pendelton and was in the Flag ceremony at the Padre game:) Perfect way to end my day!
1 night trip Apr 26, 2015
Charlena
"Overall a good stay"
We only came for one night, we had asked for a king single but when we got there they had us down for 2 queens. When we asked if they had any kings they said no as they had 2 wedding parties there that weekend. They offered to comp our parking fee ( this was not mentioned in the reservation) which was $20. Reticulous I think. But the hotel was very nice, clean and the staff was very pleasant. They do have. Lounge and restaurant on the property which was a bonus. I do wish checkout was a little later. Overall very good, will definitely sta again.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Aimee
"This was the first and last"
The builds are very old. It was shaking when someone walked pass the room. The room looks like a cheap motel. It doesn't look like the pictures on the web site. Also there's $14 recreation fee as and $20 parking fee per night. They provide only two outdoor pools but too cold to swim. It's over charging for extra $34 per night'. This was the first and last. We won't come back to this hotel again.
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
"My New Favorite place in SD."
Only thing I could " complain " about is, I couldn't have late check out. But that isn't even a deterrent to keep me from returning ASAP. Had a fantastic stay with NO issues. Great room, fantastic local and the grounds are breath taking. Thank you Joe.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"remodel"
This was a solo getaway,all basically good but noisy the morning I could sleep.But overall good.
4 night trip Apr 21, 2015
"Nice Place"
Nice place, easy to get to with a good location.
2 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Doug G
"Nice getaway"
Location was perfect; easy access to Mission Bay area. Felt like a secure area with some nice views of the water. Room slightly small, especially toilet area; toilet seat very small. Air-conditioning (when used) was a bit noisy. Didn't go to Sea World, but this location would be very convenient.
3 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
PATRICK
"I'd stay same hotel again but not eat from there"
The view and room were nice and neat. Service to order food not good. I had to go get it and it wasn't even good
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
DIANA
"Good hotel option on the water"
Very nice room with accommodating front office staff. In hotel restaurant and waiter staff was much less helpful and menu could use some attention. Pools were great and it was really helpful to have too different options for different needs. The hotel is right next to a public park that seems to have a large transient population but they never seemed to stray onto the hotel property.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
"Nice hotel - beautiful view of Mission Bay."
Nice hotel in VERY convenient area- less than 20 mins to airport, downtown, Seaport Village, La Jolla, Point Loma. Staff was friendly, helpful. Room had many updates.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Great hotel with bay views"
Close location to the beach and the bay. Pool surroundings and service was great. Restaurant service was mostly good and food was tasty! Kid friendly
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"hidden costs"
Beautiful area and grounds...my only complaint was being charged 20 a night to park and 14 resort fee...they should show that up front.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"In need of FUN in the SUN for a getaway for tow"
Flew in from Washington State wanting a warm beach area to explore and have fun. Extremely happy that we choose San Diego and the Dana Hotel. We went to SeaWorld (if offered the 2 day for one price take it the shows are fantastic and funny then more to look at), then the next day took the San Diego Trolley tour FANTASTIC experience showed us the entire area and we found from the tour two spots we wanted to hit the next day, Old Town and Coronado beach. We used the hotel shuttle and uber to get around very inexpensive. The end of each day we went the hot tub and swim pool to relax before heading to bed, the Dana hotel has two pools and hot tub areas the early mornings went to the exercise room. My husband and I really had a great time and used every amenity the hotel offered.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Shellie
"Great resort style hotel"
My husband and I loved this place and will come back. We enjoyed our coffee on the bay while watching seals play. I mean what can beat that? The pools are great. Restaurant is good. They rent out bikes, kayaks, jet skis, etc there at the hotel. We rode bikes to the beach daily. This hotel is in a great location as well, close to the bay, beach, zoo, La Jolla, downtown, and the airport.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Ally
"Beautiful, quiet, and accommodating."
The place is beautiful and well kept. It was also quiet. Enjoy my stay here. The only issues were 20.00 a night for parking and the breakfast buffet was some what plain, for the amount you pay there should be pancakes, the plates were dirty, also there was a hair found in my wifes food.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Perfect Place for the Whole Family"
Grabbed the best half off rate deal for a comfy stay in SD. The environment is so relaxing given the calming bay view at our patio. It is very clean and quiet. Paying $20 for an overnight parking is the only disappointment.
Maria
Excellent customer service. Nice clean rooms with beautiful views! will come back next time for sure!
Liz
"NICE CHOICE"
Taps in shower are water wasters. Everything else was fine. Good location to sea world and convenient to Old Town, City, gas Light etc. Pool and view were very good
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Johanna
Front desk staff doesn't smile! Restaurant staff at firefly not fast or friendly! Cleaning staff and drivers of shuttles are amazing. Hotel is clean and decent as far as what it offers. Only one restaurant there so you will need to look around for food.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"On the water-close to everything"
We loved the location, close to everything. Two pools to chose from. Such a relaxing atmosphere right on the water! Still visited Downtown and the Gaslamp, but loved staying here instead! We enjoyed the bay views, cool breeze, and picturesque harbor!
3 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
Becky
"Nice hotel, beautiful setting."
This hotel was very nice. The rooms were nicely done, clean and well appointed. The pools were also nice as were the grounds. The Firefly restaurant was overpriced, and the food was not very good. As long as you have a car, I would suggest eating elsewhere.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Perfect for a relax vacation"
Although we only stayed one night, but we had a great experience. The hotel is in a very beautiful environment and you could spend a whole day just walking around, swim in the pool, rent a boat...or just enjoy the view. The restaurant had the best breakfast.
linet
"A good choice"
Clean room, great house keeping service, and helpful. Good food at the Firefly. My only complaint is the additional $20 per day parking fee in addition to the resort fee that wasn't menti until check out
Jared
"Nice location, but older rooms"
our first room smelled like smoke and they promptly moved us to another room we enjoyed the morning views of the marina and walks around the bay.
kirt
"Really nice hotel, close to beach, friendly staff"
It was wonderful to hang out in the pools and hot tub and meet so many other nice guests in the beautiful environment
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Denelle
grounds were very pretty and open..room very clean and comforatable but a little worn
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Alex
"A week at the Dana"
Stay six days during Spring Break, 2015. Read the reviews prior to booking, so no surprises. The hotel was pretty much as I expected. Once one gets accustomed to not being on a beach, the setting is quite nice. Water sports (for rent) are available on site. Lots of running/walking trails around the bay. Sea World is right around the corner, and great beaches, a carnival, boardwalk and restaurants are just down the road. As concerns the hotel, the facilities are adequate. The two pools are OK, but can get crowded. The gym is second rate, especially for weights - just a few dumbbells. Only one restaurant, but the food was fine, nothing special. The room was clean and we had a coffee maker, mini-fridge, and microwave. The maid service was very good. I though the place was clean and in good repair. Having gotten used to all-inclusives, I was a bit taken back by the nickel and diming (pay parking, resort fees) but that's life. Overall, if I were to return to SD for vacation I would consider a return to the Dana.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015