All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
2303 Shelter Island Dr, San Diego, CA, 92106, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"things that make you go hmmm"
Free WiFi didn't work
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
Kristina
"Very nice hotel"
The hotel is in the middle of a remodel so I know the hotel will be nicer once that is complete. We liked the fact that there was a big pool and a grass area where the kids could play. We will definitely stay here again when visiting San Diego.
6 night family trip May 20, 2015
Bryan
"awesome vacation"
Humphrey's half moon was awesome and can't wait for my next vacation. I will definitely be staying there again.
3 night romance trip May 25, 2015
JACK
"Average Hotel"
The room was smaller than expected. You have to pay for daily parking $14, not to mention fees and taxes charged per day. I stayed 2 nights at "$130 a night" final bill came out to $340. We had 3 hotel rooms surrounding us on the 2nd floor and the doors closing were an annoyance.
2 night family trip May 25, 2015
Victor
"Will Stay Again"
Friendly, helpful, professional staff. Food at main restaurant was delicious; both breakfast and dinner. Beautiful grounds and great place to walk and enjoy San Diego Bay. Had a massage by Lisa and it was one of the best I have had - relaxing and therapeutic.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Romantic Getaway gone wrong"
Absolutely abysmal experience here. My wife and I booked our room - a king size Jr. suite - over a week in advance. Despite this fact, they found a way to give our room away right before we showed up. They didn't mention this, of course, and we had no idea about it until we got up to our room to find a full size suite, with two double beds, rather than the one king size we had wanted. Granted, the replacement room was lovely, but having to sleep in two separate beds defeated the purpose of our romantic getaway. When we complained we were offered a new room with a king size bed at a discount, but it wasn't a suite of any kind. Rather, it was a dingy box facing the parking lot. They may have gotten the bed size right this time, but they were missing the romance factor big time. We asked again and there were no other rooms available. At this point the stress of the whole thing had killed the romantic mood between my wife and I so we decided to call it a day. Their reason for all of this? They were trying to do us a favor by giving us a bigger room for our money. Yeah, right. More like someone over-booked the king sized rooms. The best part? It was a holiday weekend, so there were no other rooms available in the city for less than an arm and a leg. Thanks for ruining a romantic getaway, Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites. Never staying here again.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Jill
"A horror story due to faulty electrical systems"
The hotel lost all of its power twice on our final night there. The power returned following the first outage. The second outage was around 9:30 p.m. and the power was not restored until 9 am the next day. There was no electric power to charge phones and other devices or to use electric blow dryers and razors. There was no hot water to take a shower when we got up in the morning. We asked for a credit for the final night and was informed that it was a "City of San Diego issue" and that "the entire island was without power". That was an out an out lie. We returned to the hotel that evening around 9 pm and the power was on at every establishment we passed by. It is something we would have noticed!! In the morning we noticed they had a backup generator near the front gate. This is how they restored power in the morning. Why did they not utilize this generator at 10 pm the night before to restore power to the facility. They are doing construction at the hotel. I suspect there is some faulty electrical work being done there which resulted in this outage. The least they could have done was to provide a credit for the final evening. I will never go there again.
3 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"close to everything"
very expensive dosent provide breakfast the parking cost 14 $ per night the staff were not nice. the room was very good but the smoke from the restaurant get in.
Other trip May 25, 2015
dalhac
"Took the chance with Expedia gold and got nothing."
Feel dumb after falling into the trap of discounts when this was the regular price if you go in from the street + the fact they gave nothing for the expedia rewards..
Other trip May 22, 2015
Ole
"Beautiful place but be prepared for extra charges."
My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Everything was very nice
Other trip May 21, 2015
Elizabeth S.
"weekend getaway"
Very clean!
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Alexandra
"Very nice suite, great view from the balcony"
Got an upgrade to a suite upon arrival. Friendly staff, excellent restaurant on premises and they have nightly entertainment inside, and major entertainers (Tony Bennett, Moody Blues, Michael McDonald, etc) at the outdoor venue.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Very nice hotel"
Great last minute stay. A little bummed by the 14 parking fee AND the 10 resort fee. Both seem excessive. But other than that I enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip May 13, 2015
Elisabeth
"Beautiful place!"
It was a surprise of how beautiful the place was, rooms are clean and comfortable. Perfect for families. Good location, beautiful views.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
sunil
"Honeymoon stay"
Hotel was close to airport but far enough away to enjoy being on a an island. We overall enjoyed our stay. Our toilet leaked at one point and we called the front desk and a handyman arrived within 10-15 minutes. We also ordered room service (the breakfast wasn't that great) and found a glass and the salt n pepper shakers were still there when we arrived back at the hotel later in the day after room service had been there.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Nikki
"Mothers' Day gift to in-laws"
Mother's Day gift to in-laws. They loved it. Beautiful grounds. Great location on the harbor. Unfortunately, all cable TVs were out, but the hotel "comped" breakfast and concert seats. Staff were very helpful entire stay with father-in-law who uses a wheelchair.
1 night family trip May 11, 2015
Christopher
"WE TRIP"
Great experience. The staff is very friendly and helpful from the reservation desk, restaurants, maids...
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
CATHERINE
"Great StayAt Humphrey"
everything was great
1 night trip May 7, 2015
Manuel
"Good value hotel on the waterfront"
I stayed at the hotel for one night. The room was nice - comfortable king size bed. The hotel is located across the street from a marina. They offer free 2-hour loans of cruiser bicycles, and had a very nice pool/spa. I had dinner in the hotel's restaurant/lounge - great deals during happy hour! Hotel staff were very helpful in recommending a Mexican restaurant in Old Town, which is a short drive away. The only downside of this hotel is its location - it is a bit out of the way compared to other places you could stay, and even though it is nice to be near the water, there wasn't much to do right around the hotel, and there was only a small area that was good for bike riding, as the hotel is located off a very busy street. I would definitely consider staying there again, though, since it was reasonably close to major attractions (Old Town, Balboa Park, Sea World) and a good value.
1 night trip May 7, 2015
"Bad bed and wifi doesn't work"
The bed is a back killer and forget about getting any kind of wifi connection. Add in the parking fee and resort fee and it was overpriced for a bad stay.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Fun hotel, helpful staff, tropical landscaping"
Fun hotel with nice tropical landscaping next to harbor. Very friendly and helpful staff. The room we had was large and could easily accommodate the cot we added. The only ding is that the interior of the room needed attention. The blinds were broken. The wood furniture had many nicks, and the carpet was really old and looked dirty.
Other trip May 11, 2015
lorraine
"Great views"
It was a great place to stay. Quiet, beautiful, location was near everything.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Marsha
We had a rather short but wonderful stay. We spent the night before and the night after we took a cruise. It was a fabulous way to start and finish our adventure. On our return visit we were thrilled to have two parrots in our back garden area. We will definitely come back - only longer!
1 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
"Comfy"
Nice and comfy. Slept really good on their really comfortable bed and Pillows. Went to a concert there so it was even better. I'll be back
1 night romance trip May 5, 2015
Doug G
"Wonderland near the waterfront."
Wonderful place. A great getaway!
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Humphrey's Shelter Island"
Humphrey's is a very clean hotel with a frendly staff and excelent atmosphere. Pool and spa towels are ready available without having to ask. The queen sized sofabed was comfortable.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Christopher
"Great getaway"
Really relaxing - nice restraunt, pool, hot tub, free bikes - employees were very helpful about the area and gave us discounts on things to do
7 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
sandra
"Nice place nice area"
Loved it but hard to find warter. I wished they had that as, an amenity
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Great!"
Loved it, has been my 2nd stay there.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Beatriz
"Stelly Dan Concert"
Booked a room (near a room with friends), for a concert we all had tickets for. Check in time is 4:00, however our room was not ready????? Finally got keys to room, one key decided not to work after three hours, second key did not work the next morning... Staff was very helpful, room service was great.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Vince
"package deal with dinner and concert"
Pros: The room was good. The concert was great. The convenience was awesome. The concert has cocktail service. Cons: The food especially breakfast was less than expected (fake cheese slice on omelet). The package deal dinner was not impressive and the entrée was served 20 minutes before the concert was supposed to start. We took dessert to go. Waited a long time for entrée and dessert. The concert seats were cheap small plastic seats zip tied together as tight as possible, which had the effect of the people in the isle seats sitting half off the seat:(
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Cool hotel and venue"
we lucked out and booked for a night of one of their summer concert season events - we also lucked into a room with a view of the venue so we were able to catch some of the show from our balcony. Hotel was nice and clean. I would definitely stay here again. Some good bands are coming to the venue this summer - wouldn't mind going out to SD and staying in the hotel just to be close to the venue.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
KK
"Horrible"
The room smelled like mildew/mold, it was dusty, and dirty. I called the front desk and they told me they were completely sold out. After complaining & stating that I wouldn't be staying in a dirty & smelly room, they said they would spray it with deodorizer. I said that was unacceptable & they offered a suite.
1 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
"loud"
I always love staying there, but very loud , doors slamming all night. Service was wonderful, jacuzzi a godsend.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
robert
"Decent but Overpriced"
Nice enough hotel though really overpriced for what you get. Not sure how old the place is but it shows some age. If you're there to see a concert, it is absolutely perfect! Located in a great area with plenty of places to eat!
2 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
Jeffrey
"BAD!"
Was given room 103 overlooking the performance stage during a concert! It was extremely LOUD, the room was old, and even after the band stopped playing at 10:30 the room was still loud - there is a loud 'flunk' overtime the HVAC turns on or off. Got NO SLEEP and believe I should get a full refund for this bad room
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Jonathan
"Vice nice, beautiful hotel"
My stay was wonderful as always. This is my new getaway when I visit San Diego. I received a free upgrade to a suite when I checked in. How awesome is that?
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Eliz
"Great place to stay in San diego!"
We loved the area, and the hotel!
7 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
ashley
"Liked being by the water"
It's older but quite, lots of trees and bushes and flowers, easy to get to, relaxing.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Shirley
"A little old, and a little loud, but not too bad"
It's a pretty old property. We were originally given a room on the bottom floor, and could hear every step the people upstairs were making. So when I asked to change rooms to a 2nd floor, the staff couldn't have been more kind and easy to work with! Again, the property isn't in the best shape, but the staff was very friendly and helpful - overall a good stay.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Erik
"Pleasant."
Hue
5 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
"Very nice hotel amazing view"
I only stayed for two nights but I wish I could have stayed longer. It was a beautiful hotel, a large pool, concert area and gorgeous views of the marina. I had a great stay.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"A bit of paradice"
Lived in San Diego once and always wanted to stay here. It was as nice as I imagined. Hope to be back soon.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
Joel
"Wonderful getaway!"
The only thing I regret about my stay at Humphreys was that it couldn't be longer! If I am back in San Diego, I will come back again - for longer! The hotel is in a great location with beautiful views. The rooms are extremely comfortable and it was hard to leave them to go to the pool, which was clean and beautifully maintained with palm trees and the sea breeze, there is also a bar but we brought our own drinks. If you bring food, make sure to keep it in a bag or covered as the sea-gulls are pretty brave and take off with entire granola bars (wrapping and all). I didn't deal too much with the hotel staff, but they were wonderful with check in and check out. I also highly recommend walking down to Point Break Pub for dinner and drinks - great deal, awesome atmosphere and fantastic prices!
1 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
Katelynn
"Great spot!"
Amazing location! Clean room! Very nice amenities!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Cortes
My family had a very enjoyable time at Humphreys. They especially loved the pool and the bike rentals. The tropical scenery was very relaxing and pleasant.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Nice one night stay."
Nice one night stay on lovely Shelter Island, where I had to make a late night airport pick-up. Front desk staff was great at check-in, we'd had a previous glitch in reservations that charged me as a "no-show"; he gave us a nice upgrade this time. This is also a neat place to stay when they have concerts! Look for room deals, got a Junior Suite once for half the price. Breakfast at Point Break, a locals' kind of place, is always great and reasonably priced.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Nice location"
It is a nice place to stay in a great location. We enjoyed our stay but the beds are extremely uncomfortable. They are doing construction on the facility. The construction started every morning by 8:00 am and it was noisy. Very nice pool area. The gym, if you can even all it that, was a major dissapointment.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Initially we were given a room/Jr. suite where the air conditioner was not working, the room was located on the first floor with the balcony facing the parking lot, not very well kept. The cleaning staff stored their cart close to the entrance of the room and there was always lots of activity going on. The ice machine was right next to the room, constant use. We were very unhappy!! On our second day we were relocated to an upstairs Jr. Suite which was exactly what we expected, unfortunately the cable TV was not working.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Espie
"Oooh the harbor lights"
nice hotel comfortable room beautiful views of the harbour lights on one side and a fantastic marina on the other side not a whole lot of negative a lot of positives
Other trip Apr 2, 2015