All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2303 Shelter Island Dr, San Diego, CA, 92106, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location, ambiance and service"
Responsive service; comfortable and clean room; nice amenities; live lounge music during happy hour (unexpected). Food was exceptional; specialty drinks were creative, tasty, not too strong or weak. Great SD bay view and access; nice, small private beach on property; hot tub was perfect. Only complaint was they didn't pick up our breakfast order door hanger, but room service responsively took our order and delivered quickly. They said the hotel was sold out, but it still felt secluded and private.
2 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"Hump stay"
Our first room was beat, as soon as you opened the door the floor had several stains which is off putting and the bed was hard. We called and got moved into a much better room that was great.
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"great trip"
love this hotel the pool is great, love the location, had a great time at the backstage lounge always great music.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
dave
"Great hotel, great price."
The nicest hotel I've stayed in a while.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Bos
"comfort"
We stayed 3 nights before driving to Phoenix for a wedding. The location is fantastic and staff was friendly. The rooms were a bit dated but clean. I would recommend to friends. The price was very good.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"shelter island"
Good value. Bay club next door probably better value. No better location in San Diego.
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
Douglas
"okay hotel."
We had a great view of the Bay over the parking lot. The Hotel needs new towels and a clean tub. Glad we were not there during a concern event; we could hear coughing outside our door. We didn't get to try their restaurant it was booked. We requested a handicapped room. none. My husband is a disabled vet. We upgraded to a first floor room. We got a room on their 1st floor, but we had to walk up ten stairs to it. It was difficult!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"wish it eas better"
Stayed at the hotel for our 17th anniversary. They switched our room to two double beds and the heater in the room did not work at all. It only blew out cold air. Very disappointed.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Vincent
"Yahoo"
Everything was great. Loved the location. Staff was great. Very helpful. Found the best Thai restraunt close by...right up the block. Easy access to attractions. Had a great time. Thought the value was excellent!
3 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
don
"Mini Resort"
Great location, out of the "city" but in a nice walkable neighborhood and a short drive to the city center. Check in was great with an understanding clerk. Disappointed they did away with airport shuttle service. Room was great with a fridge and microwave. Swim pool and area was a dream. We were there during off season so the pool bar was closed and half the resort was under complete renovation. The work and workers did not bother us till the weekdays, but was minimal. Should be even better once finished.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"perfect location to see San Diego"
enjoyed 2 nights at this beautiful hotel, will definitely come back again
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Nina
Nice, nothing outstanding......disappointed with situation of room next to the back of the restaurant where the kitchen vent is running all the time and you have the smell of food cooking...so unable to open your deck door. If hotel had been full I would've understood the placement - but it was a very slow and plenty of vacant rooms.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"The very best of San Diego"
Beautiful place and couldn't ask for more. I will defiantly be returning!
2 night trip Dec 25, 2014
Luis
"Not so awesome, but not terrible."
Not a bad stay, but not sure I'd return. The hotel seems to be doing a lot to upgrade the rooms, which meant there was a good bit of construction clutter around. We did encounter a not-so-nice cleaning staff member. She seemed put off when she asked if we wanted our room made up and said yes. Also found a condom wrapper in the blanket on one of the beds...so that was pretty gnarly.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Martin
"Room really nice, don't upgrade the suite"
Let me start by saying I would recommend the hotel and we would consider it again. The room itself was very nice, comfortable bed, clean upgraded bathroom with a big tub/shower and well kept. We loved the room. But I paid for the upgrade with the idea it would be more relaxing and beautiful. Instead we got stuck next to the pool which had staff dragging chairs at 7 AM, a ping pong table being played at 8 AM and screaming kids at 8 AM. This was not what we were hoping for on a weekend excursion. The only other negative for me was their fitness center is just a closet with all of 3 pieces of equipment to use. But then I just jogged around the area which was nice. They also off 2 hour of bike riding for free which was a definite bonus. Had that not occurred or I would have paid for the regular suite I wouldn't have had these issues. Oh well live and learn. I would still recommend it I just would not recommend the upgrade.
3 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Stay for the night, eat elsewhere!"
The hotel stay was great, but it is an older hotel, has newer appliances, but the paint & closets a lil beat up. Nice location because it is in Point Loma area, lots of great walking areas. The restaurant was too expensive & food not great, eat at backstage lounge prices reasonable & better tasting than restaurant.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Aurora
"A nice hotel with a beautiful view"
A beautiful hotel overlooking the water near the marina. Nice sliding doors and comfortable space. My only complaint is that check in isnt till 4pm and they didn't allow late check out.
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
The staff was great. I accidentally left my jacket. But they were very helpful and efficient to get gack of it. Room and environment was very impressive. But there is some point under construction. Overall I will visit again. It was great stay.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Family get away in San Diego"
We stayed in a standard double queen room. It was a nice sized room with a view of the pool. Very quiet place, very large heated pool which our kids loved. The location was great and we could walk the board walk in the mornings. I would recommend this room to families.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
SHERRI
"Perfect one or two night'r"
Used the junior suite for a family of five with two day time guests and it was just right.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Jake
"Our San Diego Stay!"
Our room was very nice and clean. We had a partial ocean view which was great! The hotel staff was excellent and very friendly. Would have loved to see a coffee pot in the lobby though. We enjoyed our stay!
3 night trip Dec 22, 2014
Kent
"Tropical Bungalows.......Beautiful"
We have always wanted to stay there as we have attended many concerts. We happened to be traveling to San Diego to visit family and friends and saw that the price was in our range for the dates we were to be in the area. All in all it was very nice. They charge a nominal fee each day for a booklet with coupons in it for the restaurants and lounge on site that they give you upon checkin. We didn't use the booklet but still ended up paying $30.00 for it in the end. You pay to park your car each day, but in San Diego, who doesn't charge for parking, right? We we joyed the pool and hot tub however when my husband went to work out. They had 2 stationary bicycles which had an Out of Service Signs on them and one treadmill and a free weight machine with bench. The room was very VERY small and had a strange odor. I think it was a last minute addition to the resort as it was fashioned under the wrap around deck facing the marina below the restaurant/lounge....according to the site map. The grounds are tropical and beautiful and all of the units have patios which was nice to sit out on in the morning with you cup of coffee.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Norma
"Pool"
That's an absolute enjoy to swim in warm water when cool wind hits your head in an amazing pool...
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
Arastoo
"Boat Shopping"
Very nice renovated room, all the amenities we expected. Clean rooms and friendly service pleasantly surprised.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Jeff and Marti
"Nice hotel, beautiful landscaping and pool area."
Have stayed here twice and would not hesitate to stay again. I am the mom of a Marine. If he continues to be stationed in San Diego we will be back!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Good location for reasonable price."
We stayed here around Christmas time, and had a comfortable stay. The hotel is older than it looks in pictures but won't mind going there again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Asad
"the hotel"
when we got there the view of the hotel was very nice .its a litt bit old but its clean . in the swiminig poll there not to much towels
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
oscar
"Christmas Get-a-way"
Booked this trip as a last minute getaway for my wife and I from Las Vegas. Tropical setting was nice. On check-in, Dave was extremely hospitable and waived the parking fee ($14 daily), which was an unexpected surprise. Room was good shape and the bed was comfortable. Overall, it was a great deal and we would do it again.
3 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Javier
"great location"
Comfortable with great location
3 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"Nice location, excellent area!"
I liked the hotel, I think that much of the price of this hotel in because of the location. My room was nice, but I have been in much nicer for the price. The bar/ restaurant area was really nice and the live entertainment was a plus. I you are planning to go to Shelter Island I would recommend this place.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
C
"Never again"
TV not working on local channels. Light by bed goes on and off. Breakfast terable service
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
william
"Humphries"
my family and I stayed for a short Christmas vacation excellent hotel I would book it again and would recommend it to anyone
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Clarence
"Not worth the $ at all!"
While the staff was kind and the location nice, grounds ok, the rooms are old and really need to be fixed up. For the first time ever I asked to change rooms. The first had a bad smell and the wall was coming apart in the bathroom, rug was stained... The room I ended up in was better, but still needed some work and the TV was fuzzy. It just seems that one too many concert goers at their on site concert venue, stayed there after partying. *Also I should mention they charge a $9.95 resort fee upon arrival and parking is $14.* In conclusion, I would not recommend this 'resort.'
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
T
"Staycation"
Room is very clean and nice, love the sink in the bathroom. Good location close to the airport and downtown San Diego. Not a fan of the self parking fee. But overall a solid hotel.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2014
Elex
The hotel was nice and clean, and the poolside was very nice.
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
"Tropical getaway"
I was staying with 16 other family members The pool was a perfect place for all of us to order lunch and hang out together without having to sit in a restaurant. Very tropical, great live music at the bar, and the shuttle service was very accommodating if we needed to run to the store.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Maria
"Just like being in Hawaii!"
The two parrots added to the feel of being in paradise.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"32nd anniversary celebration"
...my wife and I decided to celebrate with travel by Amtrak from San Luis Obispo to San Diego, stay at a nice hotel, rent a car, visit friends, family and watch the Chargers beat the Patriots...unfortunately, the train ride was way too long, the Thrifty car rental place moved and hadn't notified us, our friends were unavailable, and the Patriots beat the Chargers...however, the hotel accommodations were awesome, and the lobby hospitality staff were outstanding...the young man who checked us in and out was very professional, helpful in many ways, and genuinely sympathetic to our other not so great experiences...we would highly recommend Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites...
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Dr. Jeff
"Weekend in San Diego"
We planned to spend the weekend in San Diego, and we liked the look of Humphrey's online, so we booked it there. Using our GPS, we had no difficulty locating the hotel, although the entry was not as clearly marked as it could have been. We checked into the room with no trouble, but when we got into the bathroom, the toilet handle was broken. We called the front desk, and the maintenance man arrived within minutes and fixed the problem! Our room and the amenities were fine, and we especially liked the little courtyard outside our room that looked out onto the bay. The room was equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker, and plenty of towels and extra blankets and pillows. We did have to pay a daily resort fee, but it covered our parking and the wifi, at least. People could also get into their live music club as well for that. We did feel that the prices in the restaurant and the room service were way too high, so we did not eat at the hotel, but it was easy enough to find other restaurants nearby. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and we would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a picturesque place right on the bay!
3 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"fun fam time"
We had a great time!! Fun music! great food!
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
colleen
Great location. Quiet relaxing surroundings and conveniently located
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"DATE NIGHT XMAS PARTY"
After company party we chose to stay here. There was a group rate but I chose to book through the site same or better rate for what I wanted.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Ellen
"Thought we were in Hawaii!"
Unfortunately it was dark when we arrived and just after sunrise when we left in the morning, so didn't get to see much. I think our room needed some updating - the heater was noisy and the shower made a horrible sound. Room was really dark as well. But having said that, we would definitely go back. The pool looked great and the renovations on the buildings facing the marina should be excellent
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Deborah
"Definitely the best choice in the area!"
After staying in a wide variety of hotels and motels around Point Loma for the last 6 weeks on business, I can safely say this was by far my best experience, and I feel really stupid for not having stayed here this whole time. The rooms are big and spacious, upstairs rooms have vaulted ceilings, the rooms have fridges and microwaves (a most excellent amenity), the bed was really big and comfy, and they had pillows that weren't 2.5 feet thick. The on-site restaurant was actually good, like really good. It's expensive but so is everything in the area (read $17 burgers). They also had live music and a lounge, and the grounds are well kept and tropical. Looks like they are a popular outdoor music venue in the summer. The wifi internet was strong in my room as well. Negatives: high price and parking is $14/hour. Recommended overall. Worth the extra money compared to the motels that surround the area.
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
Emmet
"Christmas Party Escape"
We stay at Humphreys every chance we get, and it has always been exceptional in every way.
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
Robert F
"love it. wonderful stay!"
love it. even it was only 1 night stay. me and my husband both love the hotel. wish we could stay longer. definitely will come back again!
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
Lin
It was great hotel loved the macaw s and the koi pond
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Decompressing"
It was comfortable and always pleasant, minus the fighting drunk people directly above us.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Julie A
"Hotel overview"
Wonderful experience! Reminded me of being in Hawaii; very tropical landscaping with waterfalls. Great place to go for a walk or run just outside hotel around harbor. Relaxing atmosphere.
2 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
"Nice hotel for family vacation"
Hotel is on an island near the city. Nice environment and very clean and comfortable! Good for family vacation!
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014