All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
"Slept like a baby"
21st floor room was very nice. It was high enough for us not to really hear the traffic below, The room had a decent size kitchen if we wanted to make a meal. Shower had plenty of hot water and pressure. Best of all, the bed was extremely comfortable. We want to buy the same mattress.
3 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
"Fanatasic place to stay with children."
We stayed 2 nights with our 3 year old. This hotel is fantastic for children. We loved the children's pool. They have area where kids can paint and do projects. My 3 year old just loved this. The hotel is very close to many things. If you are head to the aquarium it is a 30 minute walk. It took us like 45 minutes with a 3 year old. The only problem that we had was when we checked out the clerk was very rude to my husband and I.
2 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
jamie
"Nice location with hidden fees"
Upon check in, you will be charged a 40% deposit. Did I mention that they don't tell you about the deposit? I received a notification from my credit card about the charge since I was traveling away from the US and this is how I found out about the deposit. Elevators to the parking garage were broken down. And the city view that was described was non existent. Definitely shop around for a different hotel especially if you plan on spending time by the harbor area of town. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Missy
Lovely stay in this downtown hotel !! Could not be more pleased
3 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"Good Hotel, excellent location"
The hotel is old, but the rooms are renovated..kind of. TV's are new, and there is free wifi that works good. The only complaint is that this is a very large hotel, and there is a long wait in the elevator area. Location is great, only 2 blocks from major downtown mall and 1 block away from the subway station.
7 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Convenient Location"
Large hotel, expect long check in/out lines, wait for elevator, wait for bellman, high noise levels, all that goes with a property of this size. Was most disappointed by unexpected deposit for incidentals upon check in. Rate of $50 per night per room even though the bill was paid in full before we checked in. I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights each so the $300 deposit was quite a hit to the wallet. The fee minus incidentals (we had none) is supposed to be credited within 1-2 business days. We'll see since it is a holiday weekend I won't know until later next week. Also had requested 2 adjoining rooms and upon check in came to find out that not only were they not adjoining, they were 10 floors apart! Unacceptable since 1 of the rooms was for the 2 teenagers I was travelling with and 1 was for me. The staff eventually was able to at least get us on the same floor but in different wings. The upsell of everything is also annoying. Was told our rooms were not available for check in when we arrived but if I wanted to upgrade to Deluxe rooms, those were. We waited. Don't expect warm and fuzzy, personalized service, you won't get it.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Lyn
"for a four star rated hotel i got 2 star service"
It was decent. Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night for an hour and the next day the front desk did not offer and compensation for the inconvenience. Very upsetting.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Adrian
Very comfy
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Lorraine
"Location Location Location"
Location Location Location...this Hotel is right on Yonge Street in the heart of downtown. The lobby connects to Bay Street,Yonge Street and 2 others so very centrally located. The Rooms were redone but you could tell the age of the hotel from the fixtures etc..but very comfortable and good WiFi service in room. The plus was every room has a balcony so you get great city views. I LOVE TORONTO and this hotel is a block away from the Path so you can hop on to a underground to anywhere in the city. I have lived and work in toronto for about a year and stayed at 2 other hotels in downtown but this one works best due to its price and location.
3 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
"Beige hotel"
Not bad. I'd say 3- rather than 3+ overall. Elevators not great. Bathrooms a little old/broken.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
MICHAEL
"Decent value for the money"
We took a guys' trip here just last weekend. The good - Rooms looked just like they do on the website, no bait and switch. Comfortable beds, clean linens, flat screen TVs. Prices were very decent for being in the big city. Parking was reasonably priced as well. A 30-minute walk from the bar district, but we didn't mind. The bad - The common areas need renovation. Carpeting and walls in the hallways has to be 30 years old. A little investment here would go a long way. The ugly - Check-in was a problem. We had two rooms. One was listed in the name of someone that was flying in separately. He got there at 4 p.m. and wasn't allowed to check in, allegedly because I made the reservation. The rest of us got there at 6:30 p.m., and I wasn't allowed to check in for the other guy's room because it was under his name. It was the classic "who's on first" scenario, and I was not amused. We ended up having to both go up there to get the second room key. Way more trouble than it needed to be. Worse, it was the most logical thing in the world to the person behind the desk.
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"Nice location but too big and crowded."
Elevators not working and no provisions made for clients. Very little communications, unorganized and confusing.Would not stay here again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
My grand-daughter and I had a lovely stay at this very conveniently located hotel. The customer service was excellent.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
"Disappointed...."
Greeting by staff at front desk was rude and uninviting. They first tried to "upsell" us into a more expensive room. Then because our credit card did not have a "chip" it needed to be handled differently and clerk actually asked for an updated card. Also needed ID from both adults in room, which is weird and frankly we have stayed at the property 4 times before and NEVER had these requests. It was a Delta, then. Room had a broken lamp that the staff took away, but did not replace - we were there for 4 nights, they had plenty of time. Plastic and paper cups used in room (used to be glass) and 2 towels for 4 guests, it took 2 days to fix that. Restaurant GREAT! That did not change and we noticed many of the same faces still work there. In general, just not the same stay as we have had in the past. Location is wonderful, close to subway and central to walking to CN Tower, Aquarium, etc.
4 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Very nice visit."
Very nice hotel for family travel. My 6 year old daughter loved the pool, rabbits and especially the robot in the lobby. Location is great too.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
robert
Bathroom was old, even after we moved from one room to another.
3 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
"Best hotel for its category in downtown toronto"
Busy during high season but well organized and adequately staffed . Great location. Entire staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and the room rates were reasonable. The only issue I had were the dirty glass doors leading out to open balcony. I would stay there again .
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
My husband and I stayed at the hotel as part of our mini honeymoon (just got married over the weekend). The purpose of our stay was to be in close proximity of the different sites that we wanted to tour during our brief stay in Toronto. Upon arrival, the hotel was very accommodating, providing assistance with our bags. My husband and I had a very good night's sleep as a result of the relaxing environment of our room. At the conclusion of our stay (after leaving our vehicle in the lot of several hours in order to tour the city), the staff comped our parking fee (in honor of our recent marriage). Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying here again in the future.
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
"Perfect for what I needed and more."
The Eaton is close to everything. Anywhere you wish to go, hotel staff will assist you with info, discount info, and directions. You will always come back to a clean room. The view is great as well.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Vanessa
Good location but need more staff to check in and out. Rooms need to be upgraded but that's the trade-off for being right downtown.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
"Fady Rizk"
- Too much waiting time to take the Elevator up or Down - corridors and Rooms looks very old - Parking fees for hotel guests is way expensive
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Fady
The hotel room was okay...bed comfortable, good shower, nice amenities....all good, even if the room was a bit of a squeeze. Loud hallways and lobby. We had a great view from floor 16 facing west and south...real balconies and doors are a huge plus!
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Not a great stay."
The room was clean, bed comfortable. But, there are always kids partying all night in this hotel. This time it was busy and the elevator did not work consistently. The fan in our room kept going on and off, annoyingly, and no one would respond to our request to fix it. The key cards did not work when we got in. I will pick another hotel next time.
3 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Timothy
"Vacation stay"
Not a bad hotel. Excellent customer service. Very friendly staff. Great location. Very nice pool for adults. A few things that were wrong; you could not take a bath since the stopper would not work, so it was showers everyday. Ice machine on our floor did not work and was suppose to be reported. It was never fixed within the four nights we were there. I had to call the front desk since one day our coffee/tea's were not replenished. The hotel needs a face lift.
4 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Our Hotel Experience"
The hotel was beautiful and it was in an excellent location right in the heart of the city of Toronto. It was walking distance to the Eaton Center and many other stores and restaurants. The pool was wonderful and they have a kids pool with an amazing slide! I would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Great location and great service !!!!!!!!"
Wonderful service everybody had a good attitude in everything you ask for and bad no free breakfast
Oscar
Hotel could not be in a better location, however room can be a little more spacious. Also, the hotel has many amenities which makes it that much better.
"Great Stay!"
Great stay- wouldn't change anything except for the parking fee! Perfect location for families!
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Cynthia
"Don't stay in the old wing."
The red wing has yet to be renovated. Definitely ask for a renovated room. Even the renovated wing has seen better days. The hallways feel old. The elevators are in need of an upgrade. Out to parking lot is dingy. Very busy and crowded.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Deb
"My Chelsea Hotel Toronto experience"
The location was great, however the parking is expensive $29.00 for one day, we would have stayed an extra day if we didn't spend so much in parking for the week. The cleaning service was good, the food in the Hotel was overpriced. I had scrambled eggs and bacon and was charged $14.50 for continental breakfast and a small orange juice was $3.50, my niece had a bagel and plain crossaint and OJ, total was $34.00 they charge extra for cream cheese. They offer all you can eat breakfast but it's over rated. There are restaurants across the street that offer Hotel guests 10% off which I took advantage of.
5 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Nalane
"Stay in a Deluxe room - not a basic room"
Learned my lesson, after my third stay here in 7 weeks - pay the difference for a Deluxe room. It's well worth it. The room service is better, the bed is MUCH more comfortable, and the room is much more spacious with a walk-out balcony. I woke up with headaches everyday from the bed/pillows in the basic room. Smell of cigarette smoke was everywhere. "New" bathroom fixtures leaked and wouldn't shut off. The Deluxe room was a much better value, cleaner room, and the walk-out balcony is nice at the end of the day. Toronto is a beautiful city - and this hotel's central location is great.
4 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Neil
We enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Charlotte
"Getaway to Toronto"
Location was excellent for what we wanted. It is middle of downtown so lots to do within walking distance. Also used guide bus ($33 each) got you 22 stops about town for 3 days, and cruise to Toronto island. Stops covered entire area of Toronto and they were every 15-20 minutes. Hotel staff especially polite and professional. I travel often with my job and I was impressed. City homeless and mentally ill need to be taken care of there are way too many of them on the downtown streets. Police didn't remove any of them and some were in dire need of help, that was disturbing.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Guy and Pam
"Awesome for kids!"
Great for families. Nice kids area and pool. Great location.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Great place to stay
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"Had a nice stay….very family oriented hotel."
stayed for the weekend to see blue jays game and hockey hall of fame. Location was great, everything within walking distance. The hotel staff was very helpful. Elevators were a little slow, especially during check-in/check-out, but considering the low rate and location, not a big deal. Room with 2 queen beds was small, but we didn't spend much time in the room so it was fine. Hotel was clean. Kids pool/slide was great, adult gym and pool was adequate. Overall a very nice stay.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Good location, room was nice, staff was friendly. Only negatives were very slow and crowded elevators with longer than acceptable wait times, crowded lobby, understaffed front desks.
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Bachelorette party weekend"
The hotel staff was great and made my friends and I feel very secure and safe. They accommodated all our needs. Overall it was a great experience
3 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Carrie
"Hotel in the middle of culture"
This hotel was an excellent experience. Staff was helpful and rooms were very well kept. Check in and check out was quick. Most importantly the location of this hotel is in the middle of restaurants, bars, and shops which makes everything easily accessed.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Luis
Clean, great breakfast, great location. Paid 214.00 with all taxes
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Great experience! Beautiful view from our room. Loved the kids play area!
Great hotel!
"The location was perfect."
Upon arrival we checked in with Ryan who was very professional and helpful as well. We only have 3 complaints about our stay. the first is that the parking garage couldn't accommodate our vehicle - the maximum height was 5' 5", we should have been told this upon booking, we had to pay $39.00 for valet. The second complaint is when we tried to get on the elevators to check out it took over 20 minutes to get to the lobby floor. The third complaint is the ice machine on our floor wasn't working, no signs posted. There were 6 elevators and only 2 were operating.
Mousegirl
"Decent enough, centrally located and close to UofT"
Needed to be close to U of T, this fit the bill. Very busy at checkin & checkout but seemed pretty efficient and room was quiet
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
CJ
"very good and well located"
good location
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
Jean
"Outdated hotel"
Had to go inside to get someone at valet parking,I think for 39 dollars someone should be outside,took long time to get checked in.hotel hallways,rooms carpets were stained and smelled like mildew,rooms are outdated,bathroom tubs are very outdated!way too many hotels to stay at,never would stay again!!!!
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Ronald
"Excellent hotel but room is small than expectation"
We love everything about this hotel except the room is quite small even though it is labeled "Luxury room". Also we would love to have 2 queen bed size (since we have 2 kids with us), but all it has is 2 double bed size room. We definitely come back to this hotel next time we visit Toronto if it has 2 queen bed size
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Lan
"Great Hotel and Central Location."
The location was great. It was near Yonge St. which is near many stores, restaurants and anything else you may need. The pool and hot tub for adults was wonderful and the view was okay. Food was expensive but parking was great for in/out as many times as you like per day.
4 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Tiffany
Nice hotel, but old. Few room amenities. Great location.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
James F.
"Great location if U know what you are looking for"
I set up a falls view room. it was but it was on the lower lever. We only saw the mist from the falls. Other than that, the hotel was awesome. The pool was great. The packing was good. The location was great. The service and situation was great. I use the word great a lot but it was a 4 out of 5. Close to everything and a above decent stay for my vacation.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"An Assessment of Chelsea"
My wife and I greatly enjoyed our stay at Chelsea. The service was great, the room was very comfortable, and the food was excellent. We are very satisfied! Sedique Popal
3 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015