All hotels in Salem, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3301 Market St Ne, Salem, OR, 97301, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

One of the best hotels in Salem
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
Keith
"Central location to different family members"
It was enjoyable and the room was quiet.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Dissappointing"
Room was advertised as available for 5 people. Two beds with a rollaway bed. There didn't seem to be room for the rollaway bed, and when it was brought up we asked where it usually fits...The response was "I don't know" with a laugh. Then he suggested maybe right in front of the door...which would block any way to exit the room, in addition to making it extremely difficult to get to the bathroom. In addition, the pool area was not very clean...and had broken plastic chairs. The bed was very uncomfortable for us...but I know sometimes that is a personal preference.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Trayci
"Don't Stay Here"
TV from the early 90s. Internet barely works. Just old and outdated all around.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"OK"
We stayed at a Red Lion in Redding, CA and were expecting similar accommodations. Although the room was much smaller and the lobby less impressive, which was poorly lit, the room was clean . The outside landscaping of the hotel looked like it was under renovation but saw two women shoveling dirt into a pickup from a large mound of dirt in front of the hotel. For the price, it was ok.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
2travelers
"Enjoyed my second stay"
Everything ran smooth for the two days I was at the Red Lion. Check in easy. Room cleaned. Still wish they had a jacuzzi though.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Oregon State Fair"
We live in Washington State and needed accommodations for Friday night. We planned to see Chris Young in concert and enjoy the fair. Our check in was a little slow, one employee was taking a reservation over the phone. The room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Very freeway convenient."
Excellent all around.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"It's just a bed to sleep on"
Stayed here for a seminar, the staff had to be asked twice for coffee service, and I had to ask twice to have the men's room cleaned. Rooms are small but adequate. Restaurant is over priced and food is low quality, eat offsite at a nearby local diner.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Easy stop when on the road"
Very comfortable room, and clean. Not expensive. Restaurant had good food with a fantastic chicken salad. Had planned to use the pool, but ended up being too tired, so can't comment there besides to say, they have a pool.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Hotel stay"
I enjoyed my stay. The HUT shuttle from the airport drops you off at the front door of the hotel which after a very long day travelling was much needed as my companions and I were exhausted.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"A solid three star hotel"
It's convenient and decently affordable. The condition is average, don't expect anything over the top. Good for one or two nights max. The local area is kind of run down, but the locals don't bother you and are respectful.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
"Nothing special"
The hotel was clean, but seemingly dated...Our room was small, however it was clean and the beds were comfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Chad
"Decent enough"
The staff was friendly and welcoming. My room was not made up when I went out. I came back and found out that who ever had been in charge had gone home sick and thus all the maids had to leave. They did someone up to take out my trash and make the bed, but only after I asked. Restaurant was fairly expensive for what you got. Location is near Highway 5 and that was convenient. Jacuzzi is now gone. They had to remove it. Pillows were too think for my liking-gave me a kink in my neck.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Moving son to university"
Single woman traveling and they graciously upgraded my room from a queen to a king on the 4th floor at no additional expense. Willamette Grill was excellent. Not a surrounding area I would walk alone.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
BC
"Not what I expect from Red Lion"
Staff was friendly and helpful in supplying ice which seems to be in short supply in the summer in Oregon. The restaurant was not high priced and the food was adequate. My only complaint was that the server should inform customers if an item is not available when the menu is given.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Close to shopping... Great staff."
Enjoyed room service... Nice quiet stay. Close shopping... And great food.
"No movies or Hot tub"
the room was clean. had a mini microwave and mini fridge. the air conditioner worked well. i was really disappointed in no pay per veiw movies and no hot tub. the two things we would have done for recreation when we were not with family. the bar a block away called Rocco's was really fun. we enjoyed playing pool and video poker. the bar tender Ben was very nice. he made dinner the first night we were in town.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Steve and Lois
This was a convenient location for me and the room was comfortable and clean. The rate was good.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Anne
Nice place, left my iPhone charger figured they would have contacted me about but nothing yet. Will assume its lost forever.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
For the price, extremely disappointed! There was a hole in our floor, that they covered w/carpet. A/C didn't work very well. I've never stayed at a Red Lion, and never will again
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salem
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the temperature of your guest room and that is was so warm. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay and I would like to assure you that this will be addressed with our engineering department. We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit. Kind Regards
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Great stay. Beautiful room.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Stay was good."
Room was a lot smaller than anticipated. Old tvs and loud toilets. Location was great and staff was awesome. Make sure you see James in the lounge.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
JJ
"Easy access to/from freeway; A bit dated"
We checked in about 11 PM. Although the room was guaranteed for late arrival, I received a voice message from the hotel clerk prior to this time asking if we still planned on staying. Having used on-line sites that require prepayment many times, I was shocked to think they were going to resell my room if I didn't show up. They were full and I think people in the lobby were waiting for my room! So my advice would be to double check with this hotel if you plan on being late!!! Also, the television in our room was barely bigger than 20" AND it was mostly likely from the early 90's, picture tube type! Terrible!!!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Al
Too loud, thin walls, poor lounge service, outdated and very small.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salem
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future
3 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Needs some work"
The room was fine, but the condition was very poor. The furniture was in very shabby condition, the blanket on the bed needed to be thrown away, and the sheets needed to be replaced. The room was clean and the people were freindly.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Very comfortable"
It was a very nice stay for the money. The room was well maintained and everything was non-smoking, which was a plus. The bed was comfy, and amenities were very accessible. We enjoyed our stay very much.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Nice Stay"
Not too quite of a room, was woken up by the people in the next room.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
jsherman
"great service and very clean hotel"
very good because i make the reservation because they have a continental breakfast and they tell me was no for my reservation but manager still give us the breakfast was very nice next time i will check twice if the really include the continental breakfast but still we enjoy the stay at this great hotel thanks again to all the employes great service.
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
pedro
"Visit with relatives."
The room was small and dated. It was also hot and stuffy. The staff was great. We had breakfast and it took forever to get served our food but the waitresses were freindly and attentive. The food was however good
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salem
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the temperature of your guest room and that is was uncomfortably warm. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay. We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit. Kind Regards
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Convenient when using the HUT from Portland"
The staff made our multi family reunion and graduation celebration a pleasant event!
Other trip May 26, 2014
K
"ok in a pinch"
Right off the highway . comfortable, clean, friendly staff, great place to launch and see the area.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
melinda
"Red Lion is Normally Very Good"
Shower wouldn't work. Toilet wouldn't shut off. Sink drained very slow
Other trip May 7, 2014
Jackie
"Handy and Helpful"
The Red Lion in Salem is conveniently located and the staff are competent and helpful. It clearly is heavily trafficked and management works hard to keep up. I was pleased the equipment in the business center was easy and functional. The room was very practical. I like hard mattresses and this was soft for my back but otherwise no complaints. I had good food for breakfast although the dining room decor is more like a dark dance hall than a hotel restaurant.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Food & service was great. Overall cleanliness was very poor
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Anne
"Easy to find. Just off I 5"
Quality as expected for a Red Lion hotel. Close to capital and downtown.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
b
"Nice hotel, close to shopping and restaurants"
The staff were really nice and helpful and friendly.. The only complaint I have is their pillows. Too small and high. I like the really long soft pillows.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Maria
"Very clean and convenient hotel."
The staff is what makes this hotel stand out for us. As we have traveled along the 5 at many stops, this hotel has been the most accommodating. The first room seemed a little cramped and the front desk person, Stacey recommended a larger room on the 3rd floor for the same price, had it cleaned and ready for us the next day. Very pleasant stay. there are coffee makers in the room, but no breakfast. However, you can get a discount at the adjoining restaurant..
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Monica
"comfortable beds"
The staff here is very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant was ok. Everything was Very clean. Pool was nice, no hot tub, but they did have a sauna.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Easy access to Interstate 5"
Hotel was easy to find, just off the I-5 exit. Women at the Front Desk was very nice and helpful. Hotel is on the older side, but was clean and well maintained.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
Kam
"It was just ok"
No major complaints just stayed at a Red Lion in Kent Washington that was amazing and this place wasn't anything like it. This place needs a remodel big time, the tv was old and you could hear the people above you walking around...very nice people and clean other than that was just ok, the bed was comfortable price was a little high for needing a remodel
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salem
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. I would like to apologize for the condition of the hotel and the outside noise you were able to hear in your room. You are a valued guest and we do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
cindi
"Outdated"
Room was musty very old needs renovating although it was clean and staff was nice. Way too much money for the outdated facility
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salem
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the musty odor in your room. We do appreciate your feedback so that we are given the opportunity to address your concerns. We thank you very much and we hope to have the chance to serve you better in the near future. Kind Regards
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
shelli
"Just right."
Very comfy bed. Everything just right. Tidy room. Nice price via Expedia. Happy to find a good place to remember to stay in Salem.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"horrible dirty and rude"
This place was disgusting it was filthy and dirty and the staff was rude
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salem
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the lack cleanliness in your guest room. Please be assured that we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. I would also like to apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you as well. You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
justin
"Functional and clean."
Check in was easy and staff were nice. Room was large, somewhat oldish, but clean. Bathroom was nice and convenient for two of us getting ready. Would return.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Not the Red Lion I was expecting"
The room was cramped with a bed, fridge, microwave, desk, dresser, and a weird backless seat that blocked the balcony. The fridge/microwave were shoehorned into the room in front of the adjoining room door. No hot tub, nice sauna, nice pool, felt very similar to a 1 or 2 star hotel.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salem
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your various experiences while visiting our property. We apologize that for the condition of your room and that it felt cramped due to all the furniture. This is something we will be looking into and following up with our staff on. Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to serving you again!
1 night trip Jan 26, 2014
"Good place to stay in Salem"
Nice, quiet hotel. Slept like a rock.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"This is definitely not a three-star hotel."
This property is neglected and not kept up. Dated and uninspired. Marginally updated years ago, but way overrated.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salem
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing our guests excellent service. I apologize that the hotel was less than you expected. We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. We will be speaking with our front desk staff about your experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Ted
Very nice stay
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Carter
"Pretty good stay overall"
We enjoyed our stay at Red Lion in Salem. The room was pretty clean, and economically worth while. I always know when I'm comfortable enough when I can walk around barefooted in the room...this one passed the toe test!
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013