All hotels in Rantoul, Illinois, United States of America

3 night trip Feb 14, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn Rantoul

"Not Going Back!!!!!!!"
05/27/15 V8904BDjenniferb Evansville, Illinois
Asked for nonsmoking room and we were put in a room that was supposed to be nonsmoking but was not, the room smelled like wet cigarette ashes and there was a burn mark from a cigarette on the top of the tv which was an old tube television. We were moved to a different room only to find a used bar soap in the bathroom. The sink was dirty and the floors were just as bad. The room had stains on the wall. The batteries in the remote were bad. We rented a rollaway bed,when it was brought to our room there were springs missing and broken all over the place, so we asked for a different one(it only had one spring broke) opened it to find holes in the blanket and stains on the mattress. We could smell marijuana being smoked a few doors down from ours, so bad you could have gotten a contact buzz. The donuts for breakfast were stale.
"Most disgusting Place Ever"
05/04/15 Shelley C minneapolis
It is unbelievable that this is owned by the Wyndham corporation. Everything goes at this hotel. All types of shady dealing were going on. Rooms smelled and were filthy. Hallways smelled like people were getting high on marijuana. Germs filled the air. If you have to stay bring your own sheets and towels. Pool was cloudy and no chlorine. It was a good thing there was a Walmart across the street so I was able to get some Love My Carpet, a Glade Plug In, Febreze and a candle to mask the unbearable odor in the room.
"The hotel is really old and needs some updating and work..."
04/20/15 Brenda K Lake Zurich, Illinois
The hotel is really old and needs some updating and work. The bed are also needing updating 1 of our beds was broken. As were other beds in the party we were with. If you have to stay there the pool area and pool is nice and the people are nice.
"outdated, dirty, lumpy beds but friendly front desk staff"
04/14/15
All areas are badly run down and outdated. The entire facility was in need of a deep cleaning. We decided that if the cleanliness of the room was any indication of the pool cleanliness, we didn't want to go swimming. We stayed Friday-Sunday but the housekeeping staff didn't clean our room on Saturday morning even though they saw us leave at 11am. When we returned that night they were already gone. Don't plan for the free breakfast to be hardy. It was cereal, instant oatmeal and miniature muffins. You'll want to get there early. The ending time for breakfast wasn't posted but by 9am everything was pretty much gone. The bed was saggy and lumpy. The internet was free but painfully slow. The only positive I have to say is that the front desk staff was friendly and the location was good for our purpose.
"I booked some non-smoking rooms here for a trip. Most of..."
04/14/15 Andrew R Chicago, Illinois
I booked some non-smoking rooms here for a trip. Most of them smelled like cigarettes, though. Front desk staff was very nice and transferred some of the rooms to those that smelled less, but still a nonzero amount, like cigarettes. Mattresses were of wildly varying quality, and the rooms were overly warm and quite humid- the indoor pool area is not separated from the rooms in any meaningful way. Water spillage from the pool (splashing children, etc) runs off into some of the carpet by the rooms and is undoubtedly causing damage. Property has not been updated in >20 years. Honestly, given the amount of tourist traffic Rantoul, IL sees, this is probably not going to change soon. Overall, not a great quality hotel, but if you have to be in Rantoul, you could do worse than a legitimately non-smoking room at this hotel. Not much worse, though.
"Stay Here If You Must"
04/13/15 Northerner49 Wauwatosa, WI
Driving to Florida and needed a place to sleep. Stayed here because I gambled with Hotwire and lost. The walk-in rate was cheaper than Hotwire, so beware. Entire property extremely run down. I always carry disinfectant wipes with me when I travel and I needed them here.
"horrible stay"
03/23/15 Kimbrely V Marion, Illinois
This was the worst experience. Front desk clerk was on her cell phone on a personal call when we checked in and did not get off her phone. We had 4 people in a room with only 2 towels. I asked the front desk for towels and was told housekeeping didn't get anything done that day so no clean towels until the next night. Ashtray in room had cigarette butts in it from previous peopl....gross. I also specifically requested to pay cash several times upon check in and was told I could do so at check out. When I checked out I reminded again about paying cash and was told my card was already charged for the stay. I stay in a lot of hotels and this was by far the worst. They couldn't even turn the heaters on for the "heated" pool that was advertised...it was freezing and we had no towels to go back with since housekeeping didn't do their job. How can a hotel have no towels when we were basically the only people staying there?
"Our stay at the Days Inn in Rantoul, Il"
03/02/15 Sue R Corydon, Iowa
We were greeted with friendly staff, they were very helpful, the room was clean and the water for a shower was hot. If I was to make one suggest, would be in room coffee. A good experience, will stay there again.
"Average hotel"
02/25/15
Basic hotel...outdated but clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was typical. The pool was very nice....good sized and clean. Fairly warm considering it was record cold outside! Down side is there is no coffee maker. But we just ran down to the breakfast in the morning to grab a cup. It is also the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. We kept the fan running on the heater at all times and that helped drown out some of the noise. Overall, what you would expect for the price and location.
"Keep driving!!!"
02/20/15 Eric W
I should have listened to the reviews but we had no choice as this was the only place available. The first room we were given housekeeping never even touched the room. Bed was unmade and TV was still on. We complained and got a new room which stunk like smoke and actually found cigarette ashes on the nightstand. Do not stay here at any cost. I won't even go into the rest of the issues with this place but it should be condemned.