All hotels in Rantoul, Illinois, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
"Champaign trip"
Room we had, needed updating. Carpets old & stained, but looked to be clean. Beds/pillows were comfortable. Were told it had a microwave--- not there. Water temp/pressure kept fluctuating from one extreme to the other.
Other trip May 20, 2013
"Will never stay here again!"
I booked this room before my daughter's graduation as a single room. What I got must have been an after thought by the hotel, as in "we should turn this corner into a room we can charge for". It had a single bed, a table and a tv, that was it. There was something built into the wall which took about 2 feet away from the size of the room. And the smell was terrible!! It was located under the stairs going up to the 2nd floor and the Greyhound bus pulled up right outside the room. I had to listen to people going up and down the stairs all night and the beeping of the Greyhound bus. The other rooms looked fairly decent, but I got ripped off because they charged me the same price for this hellhole of a room that they charged for the other rooms. I would never stay here again.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
Bonnie
"just ok"
Stayed at this hotel for 1 night, before our sons graduation in Champaign. Ok if you just need a place to sleep for a night or 2
1 night trip May 10, 2013
H

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"dark, dreary, nasty, not clean, never remodeled"
Total dive, only stayed there because we had to.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
jennifer

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night family trip Apr 8, 2016
1 night trip May 3, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn Rantoul

"Absolutely disgusting!"
04/19/16 chloew526 Minnetonka, Minnesota
I will never stay at this Days Inn (or any other at that) again! The room wreaked of smoke, although it was a classified as a smoke free room. There were stains on the bed sheets upon my arrival. The next day I come back, and it was evident that they did not change the sheets. Exact same stains in the exact same spot. They left garbage on the counter. Half of the plug ins didn't work. Extremely disgusted with this hotel.
"Average"
04/18/16 608valerieh Chicago, Illinois
Average hotel. Liked the layout and the view of the pool. Didn't like that the hotel was quite empty and the staff decided to put other guests right next to us. They could have placed a room in between us, as those other guests were noisy.
"Rantoul"
04/12/16 Nina F Carmi
The hotel is an older hotel with doors that don't seal out cold air well, and it has faded walls. It was clean, but that's about all I can say about it
"Horrible service!!"
03/23/16 Brittany M
To say that I'm disappointed with the service from this specific Days Inn, would be the understatement of my whole wedding planning experience. The first time we contacted Days Inn was approximately 6 weeks ago. We wanted 50 rooms. We called the Days Inn in Rantoul, but no one answered in time so our call was transferred to corporate. The woman on the other end was very polite and explained she could block off room for us, but any specific arrangements had to be made with the on-site manager. Called the Rantoul branch and there was no manager on duty so we left our name and number for a call back. No call back. We called and left a message, each time getting increasingly more frustrated, close to 10 times over a 6 week time span. Apparently the manager never works and the employees don't pass on messages. We probably should've given up sooner, but Days Inn seemed to be able to accommodate our needs. Finally his past Monday, we called corporate back to share our frustrations. They got the manager on the phone and we spoke about our needs. Very unapologetic about the situation, we were told a contract would be drawn up. Today we received a phone call back from another manager. They had no contract, would not block off any rooms for us, and refused to take any responsibility for the fact that we have been tossed around for six weeks. I'm so sorry that we wanted to give you the business of 50 hotel rooms. We will throw in there that Days Inn Corporate is helping us find a different hotel that will accommodate our needs. Corporate has an idea of what customer service actually means. The managers of the Days Inn should find new career paths.
"Wedding Interrupted"
03/23/16 Chris D
We are planning a wedding nearby for this summer. Days Inn Rantoul happened to be the closest hotel to accommodate our 200 out of town guests. I called the hotel directly and the phone rang about ten times before my call was transferred to the corporate calling center. The corporate lady was very nice and assured me there were plenty of rooms available. I had a few specific questions and was advised to speak with the local hotel directly. I called and was told there was no manager available so I left a message. No call back. Over the course of SIX WEEKS, I left more than ten messages and never received a call back. Finally I called the corporate call center again and explained my frustration. They were very helpful and were able to somehow locate a manager (they do exist!) and connect us. We spoke and he assured me that he did have the 50 rooms I needed and he would write up a contract. Two days later, I received a call from a different woman who told me they physically did not have 50 rooms and would be unable to help us. I was shocked and thanked her and asked why she couldn't tell me this six weeks ago. She replied that a different manager should have called me back but they fired her. What kind of response is that? Thank you for wasting a month and a half of my time. Now excuse me while I scramble for 50 hotel rooms.
"Ok Rooms"
02/29/16 Debbie J Rantoul, Illinois
The hotel was ok, it needs to be updated and they need a bigger selection for the continental breakfast.
"Aweful Experience"
02/26/16 Crfam Winnetka, Illinois
Our two night stay was aweful. After day one the room was not cleaned. Had to go to front desk to ask for fresh towels for day 2. Room was categorized as non-smoking as were adjacent rooms but the smoke smell, both days, was so bad, our clothing smelled of smoke 5 hours after we checked out. Completely unacceptable for $80 per night.
"Old and Dumpy"
11/19/15 tommA2062OL Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
This is the kind of place where you only stay if you can't get a reservation anywhere else for a decent price, as was the case for me because Illinois was playing Ohio State in nearby Urbana. The building looks dingy as you walk in. The free breakfast area is literally a counter a few feet from where you check in, which had a few stale looking pastries and "frozen" waffles on a tray, along with orange juice, coffee, and tea. (Fortunately there's a McDonalds down the block.) The room quality was about what you'd expect at a Motel 6 - maybe a tad worse. Sheets and bedding looked like they haven't been replaced since the Reagan administration. The TV remote didn't work (even the replacement they provided at the front desk), so I had to get up and manually change channels and adjust volume, etc. Oh, and the TV was probably 15 years old - certainly not HD. Bath towels were about the size of a large hand towel. For a place like this you'd expect to pay $75 tops, but because of the football game referred to earlier, the nightly rate was around $125. The most positive thing I can say is that they had what appeared to be a fairly nice and large indoor pool. I never saw anyone ever use it, though, and I wouldn't trust their sanitation procedures.
"MIxed"
11/17/15 Peter C Chicago
While the unit was clean, there was peeling paint on the ceiling in the bathroom. The wall switch box, on the wall next to sink, was loose. The heating unit seemed to be erratic. The clerk seemed to be not be the most competent person in her dealings with me and other customers at check. She was different than the one I had at check in, who was very good. I did receive someone else's receipt and the print is faint and missing in parts due to likely to an ink cartridge that needed to be changed. The printer itself seemed to be archaic. I won't be staying here again.
"Avoid this hotel"
10/26/15 travelingbird333 Stoughton, Wisconsin
There were five couples traveling to a football game in Champaign, IL about 30 minutes away. We were told that at least one room would be available for early check-in so we could unload our stuff and get ready for the game. When we arrived, the front desk clerk laughed at this suggestion. Seriously, he laughed. And it got worse from there. When we finally could check in, the rooms smelled musty,moldy, and smoky. Our particular queen bed mattressed turned out to be V-shaped, so we rolled into the middle all night long. Lots of noise and sound issues as well. At no point did the staff take even a passing interest in customer service. No greeting, no thank you for staying here, nothing. We were all very glad when we could get out of there the next morning.