All hotels in Rantoul, Illinois, United States of America

Poor vibe
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
"Got the job done"
Not the best hotel in the area, but not the worst either. Outward-facing rooms was a personal disappointment. Breakfast leaves something to be desired, but plenty of fast food options in close vicinity. Room got the job done.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2013
"Terrible conditions"
The bathroom sink was dirty. There were holes in the sheets. One of the wall outlets was broken.
Other trip Feb 22, 2013

"dark, dreary, nasty, not clean, never remodeled"
Total dive, only stayed there because we had to.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
3 night trip Feb 14, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn Rantoul

"Old and Dumpy"
11/19/15 tommA2062OL Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
This is the kind of place where you only stay if you can't get a reservation anywhere else for a decent price, as was the case for me because Illinois was playing Ohio State in nearby Urbana. The building looks dingy as you walk in. The free breakfast area is literally a counter a few feet from where you check in, which had a few stale looking pastries and "frozen" waffles on a tray, along with orange juice, coffee, and tea. (Fortunately there's a McDonalds down the block.) The room quality was about what you'd expect at a Motel 6 - maybe a tad worse. Sheets and bedding looked like they haven't been replaced since the Reagan administration. The TV remote didn't work (even the replacement they provided at the front desk), so I had to get up and manually change channels and adjust volume, etc. Oh, and the TV was probably 15 years old - certainly not HD. Bath towels were about the size of a large hand towel. For a place like this you'd expect to pay $75 tops, but because of the football game referred to earlier, the nightly rate was around $125. The most positive thing I can say is that they had what appeared to be a fairly nice and large indoor pool. I never saw anyone ever use it, though, and I wouldn't trust their sanitation procedures.
"MIxed"
11/17/15 Peter C Chicago
While the unit was clean, there was peeling paint on the ceiling in the bathroom. The wall switch box, on the wall next to sink, was loose. The heating unit seemed to be erratic. The clerk seemed to be not be the most competent person in her dealings with me and other customers at check. She was different than the one I had at check in, who was very good. I did receive someone else's receipt and the print is faint and missing in parts due to likely to an ink cartridge that needed to be changed. The printer itself seemed to be archaic. I won't be staying here again.
"Avoid this hotel"
10/26/15 travelingbird333 Stoughton, Wisconsin
There were five couples traveling to a football game in Champaign, IL about 30 minutes away. We were told that at least one room would be available for early check-in so we could unload our stuff and get ready for the game. When we arrived, the front desk clerk laughed at this suggestion. Seriously, he laughed. And it got worse from there. When we finally could check in, the rooms smelled musty,moldy, and smoky. Our particular queen bed mattressed turned out to be V-shaped, so we rolled into the middle all night long. Lots of noise and sound issues as well. At no point did the staff take even a passing interest in customer service. No greeting, no thank you for staying here, nothing. We were all very glad when we could get out of there the next morning.
"You'll likely be disappointed staying here"
10/26/15 Paul S Stoughton, Wisconsin
Place looked like it hadn't been updated since the Air base closed down in 1993. Rooms smelled like a chain smoker recently stayed there. Not very clean but did have clean sheets/towels. Staff was indifferent to downright surly. No senior or AAA discount, or said it wasn't available since we had booked over the phone and hadn't mentioned that when booking. Pool was closed at 10PM. and looked like it wasn't very well maintained. Heard from a guest that stayed the previous night that when they returned from a day out that their rooms had not been cleaned(6:30PM). Tiny breakfast area that might be able to seat 8 guests, Complimentary breakfast offerings were so poor that we opted to go across the street to a great family style restaurant. I wouldn't recommend this place to my enemies. Spiders in our room! Ugh!
"No Tell Motel"
09/15/15 J S Chicago, Illinois
Came to visit my son in school and decided to stay the night. I'm not sure what was worse....the noisy drunken patrons of the hotel or the room itself. We had to call to get more towels (they only left one). The shower looked like shower shoes should be a must. The place just didn't look like it had properly been cleaned or maintained at all in YEARS!
"Do not stay here"
08/30/15 susan g montgomery city, missouri
When we arrived they had given our rooms up. the room we got was SOOOO smokey and nasty . Mold in bathroom, the blanket in between the sheet and quilt had at least 3 cigarette holes in it. disgusting!
"Have had better stays here"
08/15/15 Garin T Freeport, Illinois
I'm not sure what happened this time as I've had good experiences in the past with this hotel but not this time. It started off when I asked for two days and was only booked for one. They just went ahead and charged another day to my credit card. So that was corrected but shouldn't have happened in the first place. Then there was some mold around the bathroom area and also I saw two cockroaches in my room. The bed was nice and the air conditioner worked perfectly. Bathroom was a bit on the small side. This hotel is better than what I experienced this go around!
"nasty"
08/11/15 Puddleduckie Puddleduckie
We made the mistake of staying a night at this facility... Unfortunately it's still stuck in the 70's...and clearly hasn't seen maintenance since then. The desk clerk was sullen and stood there for a good 10 minutes fiddling with stuff behind the desk, while I suggested to my better half that we go elsewhere.... At that point she "found" a room that matched our needs...allegedly... This is a seedy fleabag "hotel" where seedy fleabag people gather... I did not feel safe there and would not walk on the carpet in my bare feet... Dirty nasty icky place.... Bypass it.
"The Air Wick aerosol that was sprayed in my room as an air..."
07/14/15 J8786FVcharlotteh Chicago, Illinois
The Air Wick aerosol that was sprayed in my room as an air freshener was very strong and exacerbated my asthma requiring an emergency room visit as well as a doctors followuo up visit. The receptionist tried to be accomodating, but the manager did not get back with me for two days.
"Not Going Back!!!!!!!"
05/27/15 V8904BDjenniferb Evansville, Illinois
Asked for nonsmoking room and we were put in a room that was supposed to be nonsmoking but was not, the room smelled like wet cigarette ashes and there was a burn mark from a cigarette on the top of the tv which was an old tube television. We were moved to a different room only to find a used bar soap in the bathroom. The sink was dirty and the floors were just as bad. The room had stains on the wall. The batteries in the remote were bad. We rented a rollaway bed,when it was brought to our room there were springs missing and broken all over the place, so we asked for a different one(it only had one spring broke) opened it to find holes in the blanket and stains on the mattress. We could smell marijuana being smoked a few doors down from ours, so bad you could have gotten a contact buzz. The donuts for breakfast were stale.