All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
117-129 Cromwell RoadSouth Kensington, LondonEnglandSW7 4DTUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"Location is perfect, the beds are a bit lumpy."
We stayed for 8 nights at this hotel and loved the location, the staff and the breakfast! Breakfast is full of all sorts of things and they even seat you and serve you coffee. The staff is super friendly and you can tell they all like to work there because they seemed genuine and happy. The room was tight but we embraced it knowing we were in a foreign country. The shower was comical and would NEVER meet code in the US. ha At least the bathroom seemed newly remodeled despite the water turning off mid shower (only one time) and didn't come back on for about 20 minutes. The water pressure isn't the best and either is the temperature of the water... just warm and not hot. I was dying for a good, hot shower upon my arrival home! Since I was traveling with a friend, we had twin beds... they were lumpy and should be changed out. Wifi was "free" for a small amount of time if you stayed in the lobby, but $$$ if you paid for in the room - we opted to suffer and not pay for it. If the hotel changed out the beds and offered free wifi I would have given 5 stars.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Rebecca
"Good experience"
I liked the hotel. Its location, a block from the tube, makes it excellent. Good breakfast which is included and free WI-fi in the lobby. The only observation for them to improve is that they need to change the rugs at the entrance after the stairs. They did not represent well what you will find inside which is very nice.
7 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
would have loved free wifi from such a hotel,but great location near underground and helpful staff
3 night trip Oct 6, 2014
fran
"Clean, nice hotel in great location!"
This hotel was great. It was in an excellent location, the staff were very nice (they let us check in early without any delay), and the room was very nice and clean. The room is small but there is plenty of room to store clothes, etc. The bathroom is very small in true London fashion so if you are a big person you may have trouble especially in the very tiny shower. But the water pressure was good, everything was clean, the bed was comfortable enough (although not super comfy). Room did not have a view and wifi was not free but that did not really matter to us.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Honeymoon"
Quaint Hotel in the Kensington Park area. We were on our honeymoon and they upgraded us to the Honeymoon Suite. The room was fabulous and the service was phenomenal!
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2014
"BED BUGS"
In short, DO NOT STAY HERE. Room 134 absolutely has bed bugs. Soon after arrival we saw one, captured it, confirmed it was a bed bug, and brought it to the front desk. They initially were unable to provide us with another room in the hotel or put us up in another hotel because they were "all booked up". Once we found another available hotel nearby, they suddenly had a free room. We opted to leave under the assurances that since we didn't stay a single night we wouldn't be charged. We spoke to the manager, Michal Plesak, the next day and he again assured us we wouldn't be charged and that they would pay the additional costs in incurred by booking another hotel on such short notice. However, we have yet to receive payment from them for those additional costs despite numerous emails and it took many, many, many phone calls just to get the charges from the room refunded. Terrible customer service and a doubt they have done a thing about the bed bug situation.
4 night romance trip Sep 9, 2014
Drew
"Great place, especially for price"
This hotel was great. Breakfast was awesome. Clean rooms, extremely helpful front desk staff! We were very happy with our stay here, would definitely do it again. Close to tube station, right by Kensington and Hyde park, great for a morning run.
2 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"In the cultural heart of London."
I enjoyed my stay as the staff were helpful, friendly & the hotel is very close to major cultural & historical parts of London. As well, Gloucester Road station is about a 5 minute walk away & there are three tube lines passing through & these encompass much of where one would want to go. There are always people in the lobby & there is a vibrant bar & restaurant along with music some evenings.
7 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"Dungeon"
We were in a nice room, but in the basement. No safe fire escape. Staff didn't properly clean our glasses, so my husband got the. Virus I had. Would not recommend.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Would Stay Here Again"
Spent 3 nights here and was very happy. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. Everything was comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and very good. Would definitely recommend and will stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2014
"Wonderful hotel in a great location"
Stayed here for a week and had a great stay. Loved our room fronting Cromwell Rd, it was fun watching the activity. The hotel is in a great location, the staff is professional, breakfast very nice - I would definitely come back.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
P
"Nice hotel and area"
The hotel was very nice except two things. 1) you could not adjust the temperature of the water in the shower, I like my showers much much warmer. 2) you had to pay for the internet and it wasn't a great connection,nowadays all hotels should have free wifi!!!
3 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Very clean, close to Gloucester Road tube station - easy walk. Very nice staff - friendly and accommodating. Excellent breakfast buffet - Berta was especially helpful as we were rushed to meet our tour bus. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
This has become one of my favourite all-time hotels. My room was small - a 'single' - (the hotel is an upgraded older hotel) - and there is a shower - no tub. But the upgrade is well done and smart-looking. The staff was great! One of the staff at reception came out from behind the counter with a big smile to greet me when I walked in the front door! The hotel is only a 2-minute walk to the nearest underground station (Gloucester Road). The full-buffet (included) breakfast was really excellent, with an attentive staff. This hotel will undoubtedly be my first choice for my next stay in London.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Good stay. Hotel very comfortable. Room very small. Good location.
5 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
fred
it is fair enough hotel in terms of location and breakfast and clealiness. the hotel location is in west of London and couple of minutes walk from metro station which is linked you to whole city. the room is clean despite of being small that is quite normal in London, the only negative point is that the mattress was too soft for me and caused me a back pain. the buffet breakfast is included in all hotel rate and should be referred as a good one
7 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
peyman
"Close to the museums & excellent tube access."
Our family has stayed at the Park International 7 times since 2003. They have a great staff, a good breakfast, comfortable clean rooms and are close to the tube, shopping and a host of museums and parks. There are two big grocery stores nearby an a selection of decent restaraunts. We'll stay there on our next trip through London.
JH
very nice hotel -= clean, nice breakfast - nice food in restaurant - not noisy; only problem was that I e-mailed hotel to have a cab at the airport - gave my flight # and terminal etc and they never showed up; no explanation was given when I arrived at hotel. otherwise the concierge was very helpful and so were the staff with the exception of one who was very rude and wouldn't help me print out my boarding pass - after I told her I wasn't use to that particular computer
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
It was just ok. The hotel is on a busy street so it was noisy. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. We did and received it but there were bars on our windows overlooking a car repair shop. The internet was not always available in the lobby as advertised and you first needed to ask the front desk to get a log in name and password which got you 1 hour of slow but free internet. The room was clean but our showerhead was broken and it took 3 days to fix, our sink was clogged and that took a day to fix and a light went out. Staff was pleasant enough but not very plentiful.
8 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
Andrea Culbertson
"Tiny Rooms"
The hotel is clean but the rooms are really tiny and the location is on a busy street and difficult to unload or load your luggage because of the location of the front door. Breakfast was excellent for included in the price. I do have a complaint about the room was just recently painted and it smelled like paint. Also the blowdryer is placed in an awkward place, not in the bathroom but under the desk right in front of the bed, so you had blown hair everywhere on the bed.
5 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2014
Millie R.
"Nice hotel close to shops"
Love this hotel.Great breakfast.I recommend this hotel 100%
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Beds"
Nice hotel, but the beds were on rollers and moved away from the wall when you tried to sit up.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Loved hotel and location. Easy access to tube. Only complaint was wifi. We didn't have room wifi which was very expensive add on, so used free lobby. It was a bit of a hassle, with one time id's and passwords. Kinda frustrating.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"excellent stay"
I use hotels.com a lot as I travel extensively and will often read reviews on the hotels I am considering. I read something from all levels with the requisite grains of salt that some are shills for the property and that there is also no pleasing some people (they want 5 star quality in a 2 star hotel). I usually concentrate on the "good" ratings because they seem to be closest to the mark as they will have both good and bad aspects. So, I may have to sound like a shill here but I had a great stay at this property. It was very convenient to the Tube, I got an upgrade to a good room, and the check in and check out procedure was fast and easy. Now, my room didn't have much of a view, but I was only there briefly and was out on the town anyway. I would have to comment that the Wifi was extremely lacking as in order to get free Wifi you had to be in the lobby AND it wasnt very good. But beyond that I have absolutely no complaints. I would definitely stay here again but I also hope I would have the same good luck I did this time.
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
Jas
"excellent experience, modern and pleasant"
I came early and they gave me the room which is quite generous. The concierge was very helpful helping me with a restaurant which was a very good choice. Nice room, modern and clean. A definite repeat
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Recommended"
Very good location,close to underground station,park and restaurants.very good breakfast. Room quite small but clean and well furnished.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Recommended"
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Great location, clean, and a nice place to stay"
I stayed for four nights and was very pleased. The staff were helpful with a few inquires I had. The room was always very clean and all of the furnishings and carpeting etc. seemed new and well kept. The price was reasonable given the area and the quality of the room.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Okay for leisure...not for business"
Rooms very small. Beds have very thin mattresses. about 1 sq ft of shelf space in bath. Good shower pressure. Rather pricey per day internet, isn't really per day... it's limited to 250MB - which I burned through in an hour face timing with my family... and it makes you reboot your internet and re login every 50mb - which is very annoying. Breakfast - ok - it's incl so can't complain...but it's just "ok"
6 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
Rob
"Great area to explore"
Overall we were very satisfied with our stay. Although room was small & bathroom sink faucet was awkwardly placed, everything was immaculate and so quiet for sleeping. Breakfast was very nice and hotel has a nice relaxing pub too. One thing I didn't like was having to request & pay for the room Wifi every day you wanted it. But for getting around and exploring London as first timers, we thought the area was great! Would recommend this hotel for the value and convenience and cleanliness.
4 night family trip Mar 23, 2014
"Both Classy and Comfortable"
Though the rooms in Park International were indeed small, they were very comfortable, and if you consider how this compares to a lot of non-U.S. hotels, it's no big deal. The room was also surprisingly quiet for a hotel that's right on a major city street. If you are driving, you'll need to park at the Holiday Inn next door, so guests should be prepared to walk a short distance upon arrival and departure. The staff were very friendly, the décor is elegant, and the "Mary Poppins"-style, chimney-sweep-ish view of the city was pleasant.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Great place!"
Nice little spot in the Kensington area, close to the tube and really affordable compared to all the other stuff out there in London!
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
Great hotel. Bed a little uncomfortable as there is only a mattress on a box nice room
8 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Big challange"
The hotel was very clean, the location was great and the staff was wonderful however, we found that there was a lack of information as to how to receive services that are basic-- light and heat. Being from the states, we had never had experienced the fact that the room key had to be left in a slot to turn on these services. Once we made a call to the front desk ( call number 1) that problem was fixed. Next thing was that the hot/cold knob on the shower was stuck on extremely hot ( call number 2 to the front desk). A man came up and fixed it. The heater was making an extreme loud clanging noise ( call number 3-- which caused us to change rooms). The last night ( we were there for a 4 night stay ) our TV service went out ( call number 4 ). That problem was rectified. On top of everything else, there was a surcharge to have wifi in the room -- was only free in the lobby after you got the user and password from the front desk and it was only good for a half hour -- service was slow at its best. All that said, the breakfast was absolutely delicious and staff was great. The question is "Would we stay there again?" Probably not.
4 night business trip Jan 21, 2014
"Awesome"
Staff was very kind and helpful The bar staff was great
Other trip Jan 17, 2014
"2 blocks from tube stop, free wi-fi in lobby."
Breakfast was included and was good, nice small rooms.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Great hotel value in London."
We have stayed in London many times and in terms of location, quality of hotel, cleanliness, etc., we were very satisfied. Our room was very large and comfortable. The shower was one of the best, if not the best, we've have had in a hotel. The staff was helpful and professional. The buffet breakfast included a wide variety of good food, and the service was very accommodating. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. Our only constructive remark is that the carpet in some of the common areas (hallway) of the hotel is due to be upgraded, but was fine in our room.
3 night family trip Dec 11, 2013
"Will go back"
Over all experience was very good. Traveled with old parents and the location bus and underground were pretty good. Clean, breakfast included a ad a very good price. However rooms are very small, and if your your room is at at the basement floor (one floor below entrance ) expect a more maze corridors, going up down and around. But those are fairly minor issues. Will go there again.
4 night family trip Dec 13, 2013
BigE
"Tiny but Worthwhile"
Overall I have to say I enjoyed my stay at the Park International. The biggest downside is without a question the teeny tiny room that I had to stay in. With the exception of the bed the room only otherwise had an old desk chair so comfort wasn't exactly at a premium. What made this okay though was the mindset that I was basically just there to sleep with no frills. If that's all you need its perfect.I initially had to switch rooms because my first room had no wi-fi signal whatsoever so be sure to check that when you first arrive.The free breakfast every morning was great and if you like the music of Glee you're in luck - the lobby plays nothing else. ;-)
5 night business trip Dec 2, 2013
"Nice hotel in South Kensington"
Our family has stayed at the Park International 6 times. It is right off the Gloucester Road tube station so it is convenient to Heathrow Airport along with the King's Cross & Victoria Train Stations. There are grocery stores and restaurants nearby and it is within walking distance to the Natural History, Science and Victoria & Albert Museums. The rooms are clean, well appointed and quiet despite being on Cromwell Road. The breakfast is great. We'll be back.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
JH
"good for business or touring"
I lived not far from this hotel in and chose it on location and price. the facilities, inclusion of breakfast, and finishing of the hotel would lead me to recommend it to family and friends. For tourists: On the edge of Zone 1 (of 6), a walk to south Kensington or a Barclays bike from hyde park. near lots of money changes or grocery stores that make it easier to grab food on the go before heading out to explore. right between two very accessible tubes for shoppers to reach central line, Kensington high-street and notting hill gate - near pubs in earls court for a pint with a bit of traveler atmosphere after a full day out. Piccadilly, district and circle lines are really good for hitting the V&A-British museum, tower bridge, kings cross connections to Camden or Europe, and of course the markets.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
chris
The staff at the hotel were very helpful. The room, though a little small, was clean. The location was good as well.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2013
Trish
"Blind Booking"
Pleasantly surprised, for the money, it was nice. It is on a busy street, but close to the underground. I stayed there for a week and was comfortable.
7 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
Loved our stay there. Will stay again.
5 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2013
"Great value in an expensive city"
Overall, our stay at the Park International Hotel was great. South Kensington is a wonderful location near shopping (Harrod's!), Kensington Palace and Hyde Park. The best part of this hotel was the buffet breakfast. There is nothing better than having breakfast included with your stay and eliminating the hassle of trying to find it before you start sight seeing. Each morning we left the hotel ready for our day! The rooms admittedly were minimalistic, but they did have everything we needed and, let's be honest, you're hardly in your hotel room when you're in Europe! In regards to service, for the most part our experience with the staff was great. We did have one unpleasant encounter with a staff member upon checkout, but were more than happy with the kind and gracious response from management. I'm confident that our incident is not indicative of the hotel's overall customer service and would not for one minute hesitate staying at the Park International Hotel again.
4 night romance trip Aug 29, 2013
Brittany
"Great location, but the service is spotty"
Liked the area, but the staff was responsive but not very well informed. For example, told us a car service to the airport would be 45 pounds and that we could use a credit card, but neglected to tell us about a 12% "processing fee". Also, the food in the restaurant there was good for breakfast, but mediocre at best at the dinner buffet. Rates a definite maybe.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2013
The hotel is very nice...rooms are small but have A/C and were clean and well designed. Location is very convenient underground service to Heathrow and all the sights. Breakfast room and menu is great, Dining room service was friendly but slow and not always accurate.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"No complaints"
The room was nice, seemed clean. It was just my fiancé and I and we were gone most of the days so we didn't get a big room. The staff, especially the concierge, were very friendly and helpful. The concierge let us use his laptop to check in for our flight and print our boarding passes.
3 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
Jon
"Best hotel on the entire trip!!!"
We recently made a trip to Europe visiting several countries along the way. The Park International was by far the best. Friendly, helpful staff, hi-tech facilities and great atmosphere. Located in a nice part of town minutes from where Alfred Hitchcock lived. This hotel has a great piano bar and also provides a quality breakfast each morning. I'd recommend staying here anytime. I know where I'm staying my next visit to London :)
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Nice But Small"
The room was nice, but small. Both the bedroom and bathroom served there intended purpose and were not a major problem since my wife and I spent most of our time away from the room. One frustration though was that the television cable system would occasionally malfunction and actually turn off. The Internet we ordered would also malfunction allowing us on and then shutting down during our sessions. The front desk contacted their provider, Swisscom, and they fixed it, but only temporarily. It malfunctioned the following evening as well. I was pleased that the hotel recognized the issue and did not charge us for Internet for those two evenings. Although it wasn't the hotel's fault, our room was right next to a hotel that was being renovated with scaffolding out in front. It was a bit uncomfortable having workers out on the scaffolding right next to our room while my wife and I got ready for the day. Finally, one person at the front desk, who I seemed to always have to deal with, appeared to be in a constant daze when I asked her questions or requested assistance. She was the one I had to initially deal with regarding the television and internet problem. The other staff members seemed to be very competent.
5 night trip Jul 6, 2013