All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here401 E Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46204, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"review"
Limited parking, but otherwise overall good
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Friendly & courteous staff"
The hotel was easy to get to. The staff was very friendly, courteous & helpful! I would stay here again & recommend it to friends and family!
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
Diana
"Don't let prices of hotels fool you"
My wife and I had reservations well in advance of our stay in Indianapolis for our 30th Annaiversary at a well known luxerious hotel the Omni. Needless to say, we were mislead and the price went up like $100 - $125 a night. We had to hurry and try to find a room and as it wasn't or first choice we were very pleasantly surprised. There were no hidden fees, employees were friendly, accomodating and went way out of their way for us to make our stay enjoyable. Michael the desk clerk was fabulous. They actually have one of the best breakfasts we have ever had for a hotel breakfast. Big variety, very very clean. You go to a big and new city to see the sites and expereince everything the city has to offer. I highly recommend this place.
3 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
An older hotel being remodeled some. Clean and free breakfast.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great for the money"
This is the best place I could have stayed for the 2 days I was in Indianapolis. Good location, reasonable rates, free parking and breakfast. Excellent climate control in room. I was very impressed with the call from the front desk about half hour after check-in to ask if everything was OK. I had to take away a point on condition and cleaniness because of exterior appearance, loose toilet seat, shower fixture and carpet not vacuumed. Sink drained very slowly and told front desk upon check-out, but not a problem.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Flyingfish
"Nice stay in older hotel"
Comfortable stay while attending a conference at the convention center. Had a maintenance request upon arrival and it was taken care of promptly. Older hotel but maintained well. Updated breakfast and lobby area.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Peggy
"Near the Indianapolis Convention Center"
I was with a group of ladies attending a conference at the Indianapolis Convention Center. The price, compared to many other hotels near the Center, was what tipped the scale in favor of LaQuinta. It seems like an older hotel, but we thought they had done their best to update it.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Reasonable price for great location and amenities"
The staff of this hotel was very friendly and helpful. The room was simple but comfortable which is all my husband and I really need. We weren't expecting anything fancy, just a clean bed and hot shower. This hotel had both of those things, plus a fridge and microwave which we were pleasantly surprised with. We were especially pleased with the location; we were able to walk to the downtown area with a stroller. There is also a free parking area around the hotel for guests, which made walking downtown much easier. The only disappointment was the breakfast, which was not of great quality. Otherwise we were very satisfied with our stay and would stay there again when in Indianapolis.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Steph
"Great Location Decvent place to stay"
Great Location and a decent place to stay! Very competitive rates!!
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Jerry C
"Less than 15 minutes away from all major Events"
It was good!!!. All Staff that I had contact with was very friendly and was available if you needed assistance
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
CK
"Very Helpful"
Terrance Front Desk Manager was very helpful from the moment I walked in. I was exhausted from my trip and he assisted me with all of my needs. I was very grateful in that I am not familiar with Indy.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Tara
"prefect for normal dogs over 20lbs"
It was perfect for us and affordable. Very pet friendly, we have a 45lb dog, she was welcome there no questions asked and no pet fee. We will stay here again when we travel.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Alana
"Close to Banker's Life"
This was a really nice hotel INSIDE. That's why I gave it 4 stars for condition instead of 5 stars. It was very comfortable. Friendly staff and great amenities. The breakfast was well stocked and lots of variety. I would stay here again if I needed to walk in downtown Indianapolis. Next to a heliport, but never heard a sound. Very nice, comfortable room and clean.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Indianapolis La Quinta Inn"
Because I was unfamiliar with the streets of Indianapolis ( there are many one-way streets ) I had a little difficulty getting to the hotel . But that is no fault of the hotel . Once I arrived , the staff was EXTREMELY courteous and helpful with my questions and needs . The room was clean and comfortable. La Quinta will be first on my list when getting a hotel for my next trip .
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Decent option on the cheap"
I stayed here for a recent Conference after having to book last minute. Rooms were clean. The service was friendly. Overall the location was okay being a bit further from the downtown Conference Center. I would recommend this to anyone that's looking for a cheap place to stay in Indianapolis.
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"cheap alternative"
The hotel is extremely unattractive from the outside and the common areas were not so nice, run down and dirty. I was pleasantly surprised by the condidtion of the room itself, however. Breakfast was a nice addition as well. It was significantly cheaper than the other hotels within walking distance of downtown but it was a solid15 minute walk to the center or convention center. Weather was perfect in September and there were no sketchy areas to walk through so I didn't mind the walk but it would be too far for many. It's located about 4 blocks too far East and there's really nothing on that side of downtown. I'd consider it again if I was on a limited budget but would definitely not be my first choice
5 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"The price is right"
Attended a conference at the Convention Center, and all the close hotels were $250 (or more) a night, and La Quinta was less than 1/2 the cost, so worth the 1/2 mile walk (beautiful weather). Taxis are only $5 anywhere in the city, so it you had to get there fast (or with luggage), $5 is a great deal. The hotel is clean, but needs to be modernized soon. Colors are drab. Can't complain too much due to the cost. They also have a minimal breakfast, but any breakfast is better than none!
3 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Walking distance to conference center, about 10 mn"
I had a problem with an odor in my room and reported it to the desk, but I was able to open a window and that helped
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
The hotel staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous. Just a little pricey for an old hotel. Other than that, no complaints.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Troy
"Decent place to stay"
This is an okay place to stay, great location for us, but has a few drawbacks. First is the heating/cooling system. It is tricky to figure out. This is our second stay at this hotel and both time had a difficult time with it. Plus, there needs to be a fan to turn on and keep running as this is a downtown location and traffic is heavy. When the fan was running I could not hear the traffic but without the fan it was loud. Also, the elevator is scary. It is tiny, but more than that it was rickety. The tub needed new non slip things, I almost fell getting into the shower. The breakfast was mediocre at best. No protein! Only waffles and biscuits and gravy for hot choices. I need protein in the morning to get me going. On the plus side, the room was clean, the staff friendly, the rates decent. I would stay again, just wish a few things were better.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Jean
"Convenient Economical Hotel With Amazing Breakfast"
The hotel is unattractive, the rooms are old and the air conditioner sounds like it's going to take off at any minute. But what this hotel lacks in physical appearance, it makes up in charm, service and personality. I was about to pass on this hotel, located on the edge of downtown (about 6 blocks from the convention center, or a 15 minute walk), but then decided at the price I was paying - I'm getting a deal. I'm glad I did too, because by the end of my weeklong stay, I was happy. Staff: The staff is very friendly. From the front desk, to the maintenance team - everyone looks you right in the eye and says hello, good morning or good evening. Amenities: There are none. However, there is a simple but suprisingly satisfying breakfast nook. The kitchen offers delicious biscuits and gravy, self serve waffles, and a variety of breads, bagels, fruits, yogurts and cereals to eat. The service is offered until 9am weekdays, and 10am weekends. This includes Milk, Coffee, Tea, Orange and Apple Juice too. The food is great, and you can eat as much as you like. Facilities: The building must be decades old. The elevator alone seems like it was made in the 1920's, as it has a max capacity of 4 people, has ancient push button controls, and smells of grease. Room is clean, but smells musty. Linens and Towels are old but clean. The windows are clouded over, and the curtains are sturdy but worn. The air conditioning unit is loud, and temperature control is two fold: Freezing, or Off
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
DJ
"Nice budget hotel with helpful staff"
Very friendly and accommodating staff. Hotel close to down town without the downtown price.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Danny
"Average hotel in downtown Indianapolis"
This hotel is in a great location, but seriously needs to be upgraded. Very tiny elevators and narrow hallways. Good breakfast though.
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2014
Dustin
"convenient, with free parking downtown"
I have stayed there before, everything was as expected.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
"Not Appealing from Outside - But Great Inside."
I am not familiar with downtown Indianapolis, but this hotel seems to be on the "developing edge" of downtown, about three or four blocks from the central downtown business section. The place looks pretty plain (almost grim) on the outside: It is an old 1940's building that has been completely refurbished inside, but not much has been done to spruce up the exterior. Once I got inside, my entire opinion changed. Yes, the building was old, but the rooms - and bathrooms - had been completely redone and the beds were brand new and extremely comfortable. The free wireless internet worked very well, and the room was immaculate and well-appointed. The staff was welcoming and very helpful, and there was FREE, covered parking on the premises, a very important amenity for a downtown hotel.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Good for pets!"
The staff was great!!! The hotel in general was very clean but like with any hotel that takes pets you run the risk of having a smelly room...and we did this time. I've stayed in La Quintas before and not had a problem with the smell so it's probably just an isolated incident. Other than that, the location is great and we would stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Exceeded my expectations"
Compares favorably to higher-priced hotels in the area--clean, comfortable, and cozy. I liked the look of the room, and the view of downtown was gorgeous. It was nice to have a full-length mirror in the room, as well as a roomy bathroom with a tub large enough for a good, hot soak. Front desk staff in the evening and morning were charming and helpful, and it was really nice to find that the free breakfast included delicious biscuits and gravy. Free parking was a great bonus. I intend to stay at this hotel for all my future visits to Indianapolis.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Terry
"Close to where I needed to be"
We stayed in room 227. The toilet made a whistling noise ALL night long. The only time it stopped is when we flushed the toilet and then it would only stop for less than 5 minutes. We spoke to the desk clerk about it the next morning and was told by Terrance that he would tell his manager and have his manager call us. He never did. Also a young lady who works in the hotel also stated that she had heard the noise as well when she walked past the room. The tile in the bathroom floor had a hole in it where someone dropped something heavy on it. There was only 1 packet of caffeinated coffee in the room. 2 Decaf packets. Sorry I need to wake up in the morning.The hotel is in need of major renovation. Also there is a lack of parking. You have to park in the lot next to the hotel. Slight walk.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
gerald houseknecht
"An excellent place to stay for Gen Con."
The clerk was able to let me check-in at noon so I was able to lay down and take a nap after a long night of traveling. That was nice. And for the entire Con, the comfort of the room was better that I expected for a room with this nightly rate. Housekeeping did an excellent job keeping the room clean and orderly while I was out. The breakfast was hot but grade-fair. The only negative of my stay was the WiFi. It would seem that my room was the furthest away from the router so the network would log my computer off because it was too far away. The clerk did what they could to help. Overall...this is an excellent, within walking distance to Gen Con hotel to stay at that won't break the bank.
4 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Chad
"decent"
decent hotel at the edge of downtown. I am handicapped and the hotel is not really setup well for that, to get in there was a steep slope to try to wheel up the elevator is so small can barely fit with my movement device. But, the staff was welcoming and very helpful, the breakfast was standard for this level of hotel. We had thought to walk to the convention center but the sidewalks are rough so we ended up having to take taxis.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
M
"I'll prolly stay there agin"
it was worth the money. Very pleasant staff and breakfast, does the job. I traveled for work and would stay there again. Everything was to my satisfaction, restaurants / bars in proximity. I walked so make sure you take comfortable shoes. Hotel has ride service $5, well worth it.
3 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
VM
"Alternative to downtown prices, still walkable"
We stayed here while in town for a concert at the Lawn at White River State Park in July 2014. The price was much lower than hotels downtown and we still were able to walk to the venue (although it's probably a mile or so away). The La Quinta met our needs of a reasonably-priced, clean place to sleep. My only complaint would be that there was a very strong smell of mold throughout the whole building.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
Robin
"Downtown location near many sights"
We liked this central-locale. We were near the ballpark where the Indians played and close to Speedway too. Our time was brief and we only spent the night there. Not much of a view, but the room was comfortable and breakfast satisfied two hungry teenagers.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Dr. P
"Great location to the downtown and affordable."
Everything was perfect for us, close to the downtown and yet affordable.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Marence
"Nice downtown hotel"
The hotel was older, but it didn't matter because it was clean & the staff was wonderful. The breakfast selection & eating area were both great as well! We would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Andrea
"happily impressed"
I really wanted to stay downtown to be close to my meeting and also the downtown hot spots without driving. My company budget would frown on the downtown rates of my usual choices and the La Quinta rate was in legal range while still being in a great location. The reviews seemed ok enough that I gave it a try and glad I did. The décor was a bit dated and dark and the one elevator was the smallest one I've ever seen. But, everything was clean and really just fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in guy gave me a downtown map with a list of restaurants and gave me a great dinner recommendation based on my interests. They also have a deal with local cabs that is $5 flat fee to go anywhere downtown. (That's the total fare, not per person.) Location was close enough to walk anywhere and I felt very safe, plenty of police presence, not creepy anywhere. Very pleased.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Business traveler that likes downtown locations
"OK hotel but lots of noise"
Hotel is located by a heliport and had helicopters landing well pass 11pm on a weeknight. Also there are train tracks nearby that sound whistles consistently throughout the night--did not get much sleep
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
D.
"Nice location Nice room"
This place is in a nice location just on the edge of downtown. The room was updated, clean, and comfortable. The manager was very nice. Parking was free which you can't get at many other downtown hotels. Rates were lower than anywhere nearby. I slept through breakfast, but it smelled good when went downstairs. I got an interior facing room and next time I may ask for an outer room. If they had a pool and hot tub this place would be perfect. Old building doesn't look great from the outside. I will stay here again for sure.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Awesome hote"
Hotel accommodations with superb cab service ($5 per ride in the downtown area), rooms were clean and staff were really friendly and welcoming. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Cyndi
"Not very exciting room"
Our stay was just OK, for the price. The location was perfect, and the night receptionist was very nice, but not the lady next morning. She wasn't very helpful when we complained about our room smelling like bleach !!! Also, the exhaust fan in the bathroom went off at 4a.m. That, too, she did not react with any concern at all. My husband, and I, did not pursue the problem as we were only passing by on our way back to Chicago.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
juliet
Love the fact you can bring your small dog for no extra charge. Good free breakfast too.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"conference and first time visit"
Very Good
7 night trip Jun 12, 2014
disappointing. elevator was very small and slow,squeaky. parking lot was very small and difficult to drive around in, had to stop on street, go into lobby and find out where to park. staff were all very nice
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Exceeded expectations"
The room was very well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was an unexpected treat!
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2014
Devin
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful!!!
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"Nice inexpensive hotel"
This hotel was close to downtown, easy to get to all the events I had planned, the staff was extremely nice and helpful. Will definitely stay again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Courtney
verry nice freindly staff
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Get what you pay for..."
Room had strong smell of mildew. Turned out that air conditioner was leaking water onto the floor - realized this in middle of the night. Otherwise, stay was okay. Free breakfast was nice. Facilities are old but functional. Not an impressive place, but much cheaper than anything else around.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Bathtub extremely slippery. Unconcerned attitude at front desk. Hair wads found in tub area. Good breakfast
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Good stay cheap and in good location"
It was a nice hotel service was very good. Parking was a bit tough with construction being done. Breakfast was good and service at front desk was great and friendly.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2014