All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
401 E Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46204, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Cold not just the room but service too!"
The room was freezing even after 6 hours of the heat being on high at 80 degrees. There is no heat or air in bathroom. The front desk was short handed and never answered the phone.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Good price for the location"
Great hospitality, room was nice. Hotel may have been renovated as it had a weird smell (hospital like) but was good for price
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
brett
"Great Business Trip"
Great location for all things Indy! Front Desk staff was excellent... Amid all the big four star hotels , La Quinta holds it's own and offers a lot... Breakfast...Free Parking... great stay!
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Cesar
"doable walk to bankers life"
Family getaway. We walked to spaghetti factory and bankers life fieldhouse. On site parking for no additional fee. Great costumer service. Small elevator.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Sara
"Great hotel, sketchy part of downtown."
The location of the hotel is a little sketchy for some. I've stayed at this hotel in the past. It is within walking distance of downtown bars, events, etc. However, don't do the walk alone. The hotel is clean, and 'up-to-date' with upgrades. Room was very clean and comfortable. LOVE the tons of pillows on the bed. Only suggestion is not enough easily accessible outlets for as much technology as people travel with. Great overnight stay.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Kayla
Was charged the full amount of a room due to a reservation mistake and did not get any type of customer service. All they gave me was to call three different people who gave me three different answers.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Couples retreat/Sporting event"
The front desk staff was incredibly helpful and friendly throughout our stay. By far the most friendly hotel I've stayed at. The only drawbacks were there was a slight odor in the room when we first arrived and the neighborhood was questionable, but for the price it was definately worth it. I would recommend this hotel to friends as well as stay there again myself.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great location at great price!"
Friendly and accommodating staff! Pleasantly surprised with the price/value in comparison to neighboring downtown hotels. Convenient location for walking distance for downtown spots (Monument, Lucas Oil Stadium, food, Circle Centre mall, etc.). In addition, there was complimentary parking and breakfast which were nice little perks! Would definitely stay here next trip to Indy!
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Kristen
"Great value close to downtown."
Nice hotel recently remodeled. Close enough to walk downtown no frills but great for the money.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"La Quinta es Mierda"
The walls were so thin, I could hear the conversations of neighbors at 1am. The tub didn't drain; there was no cover over the fan in the bathroom.
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"good, clean, close to downtown"
Room was clean, well-maintained, & up to date, but bathroom was cold (it was cold outside) as if there wasn't heat in there. Staff was friendly and helpful. Amenities were as expected, nothing special but not bad. Location was good, walking distance to Bankers' Life Fieldhouse arena and to downtown Indy restaurants, etc. I recommend this hotel for a good basic place to stay in Indy.
1 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2014
Preston
"everything was just fine.clean and close to arena."
Stay was just fine.would come back if champions classic comes back to indy.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
Darrell
Older hotel, but clean and provided a good value and location. I would stay there again.
"Close to Downtown."
Very little covered parking. I was there for 5 days so I had a fair amount of luggage but couldn't find a luggage cart. Elevator is very small. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I couldn't connect to the wifi from my 3rd floor room so I had to go downstairs with my laptop to connect or try and get into the business center. Breakfast was ok, probably the best hotel waffle I've had. It's an old facility but it's pretty well kept. Location and price were good but the amenities left a bit to be desired. Very very close to the Bankers Life Fieldhouse and within walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium(we walked to the Sunday night game). If you're looking for a fancy hotel this isn't it but if that isn't a concern then you should be fine. I only had a desk chair in my room. I would have preferred another chair. Our group had two rooms and the other room did have a chair and ottoman.
"Disappointing for the price"
We have stayed at La Quinta Hotels before, so I expected a higher quality for the price charged. First, the bathroom was ice cold, with no heat vent, only the vent fan which made it even colder (we showered with the light and fan off to stay warmer!). The sash on the exterior window was broken, allowing cold air into the room. When we entered the room, there was an odor, as if the carpeting had not been cleaned in a long time (ever?). Outside, behind our room was the Indianapolis Heliport (!) and the train tracks where freight trains ran. This made it difficult to sleep, even with the heating/ac unit running constantly to drown out the outside noises. I thought being on the second floor would help, but it didn't. The mattress was very hard and generally uncomfortable. Fortunately we were only staying one night. The only right spot was the complimentary breakfast in the morning. We will think twice before staying at a La Quinta again.
April
"Great Staff!"
This hotel was in a rough area of Indianapolis, but not too far of a walk from downtown, which was the main reason we booked here. Although they did not offer a hotel shuttle, they were able to set us up with great arrangements to get to and from the airport, which made our visit quick, easy and efficient.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Katie
"Good hotel for the price and area"
Good hotel for price and location. Very easy to walk to almost everything downtown. Employees very friendly and helpful. Hotel is older, but inside is still nice and freshly painted and kept up.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
Need more about scrambled eggs and fried eggs. Gravy sausages tasted awful and too high cholesterol.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Mitchell
"Great stay in Indy"
My brother and I were in town for the weekend for the Patriots-Colts game. Stayed at La Quinta because it was cheaper than the other downtown hotels(it's only 2 blocks from the main part of downtown) and also because it offered free parking, free WI-FI and free breakfast. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and it offered all the amenities of a quality hotel including a fridge, even though the description seemed to indicate it wouldn't have one. I will absolutely be returning to La Quinta for any future trips to Indianapolis.
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Tanner
"Friendly hotel in downtown"
Hotel is in downtown. Everything is at walkable distance, though noisy. Staff at the hotel is helpful and friendly. Good breakfast. Hotel needs renovation. Overall, we enjoyed the stay.
3 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Don't judge a book by it's cover."
I'll be honest, I didn't know what to expect when I drove up and saw the outside of the building but I was very pleasantly surprised by the inside. The staff is very nice and the room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. It's a fantastic deal considering the location to downtown. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Indy.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Ron
"Hotel is Downtown"
We were traveling through and didn't realize this hotel was downtown. We probably would have found a hotel closer to the freeway if we had known the location.
1 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
The hotel was clean and they were nice :) happy stay
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
ruth
""Downtown" location is deceiving"
I was looking for a hotel in the downtown area, I would not consider this downtown, too far to walk especially in cooler weather. The fact that it was older and kind of shabby looking wouldn't have been a problem if it was in a good location. I personally would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Indianapolis Marathon"
Hotel is not easy to get to from I65. Too many lanes of traffic to cross on Washington to turn left going west, so you have to go around the block. Very easy to get back on I65.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Dumpy hotel in questionable neighborhood"
Main parking was full so had to park in extended parking. Questionable characters hanging out by lot. Room was noisy due to helicopter port right next door. Water leak in ceiling was dry but very visible. Fortunately was not above bed so no fear of falling in while sleeping.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"review"
Limited parking, but otherwise overall good
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Friendly & courteous staff"
The hotel was easy to get to. The staff was very friendly, courteous & helpful! I would stay here again & recommend it to friends and family!
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
Diana
"Don't let prices of hotels fool you"
My wife and I had reservations well in advance of our stay in Indianapolis for our 30th Annaiversary at a well known luxerious hotel the Omni. Needless to say, we were mislead and the price went up like $100 - $125 a night. We had to hurry and try to find a room and as it wasn't or first choice we were very pleasantly surprised. There were no hidden fees, employees were friendly, accomodating and went way out of their way for us to make our stay enjoyable. Michael the desk clerk was fabulous. They actually have one of the best breakfasts we have ever had for a hotel breakfast. Big variety, very very clean. You go to a big and new city to see the sites and expereince everything the city has to offer. I highly recommend this place.
3 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
An older hotel being remodeled some. Clean and free breakfast.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great for the money"
This is the best place I could have stayed for the 2 days I was in Indianapolis. Good location, reasonable rates, free parking and breakfast. Excellent climate control in room. I was very impressed with the call from the front desk about half hour after check-in to ask if everything was OK. I had to take away a point on condition and cleaniness because of exterior appearance, loose toilet seat, shower fixture and carpet not vacuumed. Sink drained very slowly and told front desk upon check-out, but not a problem.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Flyingfish
"Nice stay in older hotel"
Comfortable stay while attending a conference at the convention center. Had a maintenance request upon arrival and it was taken care of promptly. Older hotel but maintained well. Updated breakfast and lobby area.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Peggy
"Near the Indianapolis Convention Center"
I was with a group of ladies attending a conference at the Indianapolis Convention Center. The price, compared to many other hotels near the Center, was what tipped the scale in favor of LaQuinta. It seems like an older hotel, but we thought they had done their best to update it.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Reasonable price for great location and amenities"
The staff of this hotel was very friendly and helpful. The room was simple but comfortable which is all my husband and I really need. We weren't expecting anything fancy, just a clean bed and hot shower. This hotel had both of those things, plus a fridge and microwave which we were pleasantly surprised with. We were especially pleased with the location; we were able to walk to the downtown area with a stroller. There is also a free parking area around the hotel for guests, which made walking downtown much easier. The only disappointment was the breakfast, which was not of great quality. Otherwise we were very satisfied with our stay and would stay there again when in Indianapolis.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Steph
"Great Location Decvent place to stay"
Great Location and a decent place to stay! Very competitive rates!!
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Jerry C
"Less than 15 minutes away from all major Events"
It was good!!!. All Staff that I had contact with was very friendly and was available if you needed assistance
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
CK
"Very Helpful"
Terrance Front Desk Manager was very helpful from the moment I walked in. I was exhausted from my trip and he assisted me with all of my needs. I was very grateful in that I am not familiar with Indy.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Tara
"prefect for normal dogs over 20lbs"
It was perfect for us and affordable. Very pet friendly, we have a 45lb dog, she was welcome there no questions asked and no pet fee. We will stay here again when we travel.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Alana
"Close to Banker's Life"
This was a really nice hotel INSIDE. That's why I gave it 4 stars for condition instead of 5 stars. It was very comfortable. Friendly staff and great amenities. The breakfast was well stocked and lots of variety. I would stay here again if I needed to walk in downtown Indianapolis. Next to a heliport, but never heard a sound. Very nice, comfortable room and clean.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Indianapolis La Quinta Inn"
Because I was unfamiliar with the streets of Indianapolis ( there are many one-way streets ) I had a little difficulty getting to the hotel . But that is no fault of the hotel . Once I arrived , the staff was EXTREMELY courteous and helpful with my questions and needs . The room was clean and comfortable. La Quinta will be first on my list when getting a hotel for my next trip .
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Decent option on the cheap"
I stayed here for a recent Conference after having to book last minute. Rooms were clean. The service was friendly. Overall the location was okay being a bit further from the downtown Conference Center. I would recommend this to anyone that's looking for a cheap place to stay in Indianapolis.
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"cheap alternative"
The hotel is extremely unattractive from the outside and the common areas were not so nice, run down and dirty. I was pleasantly surprised by the condidtion of the room itself, however. Breakfast was a nice addition as well. It was significantly cheaper than the other hotels within walking distance of downtown but it was a solid15 minute walk to the center or convention center. Weather was perfect in September and there were no sketchy areas to walk through so I didn't mind the walk but it would be too far for many. It's located about 4 blocks too far East and there's really nothing on that side of downtown. I'd consider it again if I was on a limited budget but would definitely not be my first choice
5 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"The price is right"
Attended a conference at the Convention Center, and all the close hotels were $250 (or more) a night, and La Quinta was less than 1/2 the cost, so worth the 1/2 mile walk (beautiful weather). Taxis are only $5 anywhere in the city, so it you had to get there fast (or with luggage), $5 is a great deal. The hotel is clean, but needs to be modernized soon. Colors are drab. Can't complain too much due to the cost. They also have a minimal breakfast, but any breakfast is better than none!
3 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Walking distance to conference center, about 10 mn"
I had a problem with an odor in my room and reported it to the desk, but I was able to open a window and that helped
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
The hotel staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous. Just a little pricey for an old hotel. Other than that, no complaints.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Troy
"Decent place to stay"
This is an okay place to stay, great location for us, but has a few drawbacks. First is the heating/cooling system. It is tricky to figure out. This is our second stay at this hotel and both time had a difficult time with it. Plus, there needs to be a fan to turn on and keep running as this is a downtown location and traffic is heavy. When the fan was running I could not hear the traffic but without the fan it was loud. Also, the elevator is scary. It is tiny, but more than that it was rickety. The tub needed new non slip things, I almost fell getting into the shower. The breakfast was mediocre at best. No protein! Only waffles and biscuits and gravy for hot choices. I need protein in the morning to get me going. On the plus side, the room was clean, the staff friendly, the rates decent. I would stay again, just wish a few things were better.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Jean
"Convenient Economical Hotel With Amazing Breakfast"
The hotel is unattractive, the rooms are old and the air conditioner sounds like it's going to take off at any minute. But what this hotel lacks in physical appearance, it makes up in charm, service and personality. I was about to pass on this hotel, located on the edge of downtown (about 6 blocks from the convention center, or a 15 minute walk), but then decided at the price I was paying - I'm getting a deal. I'm glad I did too, because by the end of my weeklong stay, I was happy. Staff: The staff is very friendly. From the front desk, to the maintenance team - everyone looks you right in the eye and says hello, good morning or good evening. Amenities: There are none. However, there is a simple but suprisingly satisfying breakfast nook. The kitchen offers delicious biscuits and gravy, self serve waffles, and a variety of breads, bagels, fruits, yogurts and cereals to eat. The service is offered until 9am weekdays, and 10am weekends. This includes Milk, Coffee, Tea, Orange and Apple Juice too. The food is great, and you can eat as much as you like. Facilities: The building must be decades old. The elevator alone seems like it was made in the 1920's, as it has a max capacity of 4 people, has ancient push button controls, and smells of grease. Room is clean, but smells musty. Linens and Towels are old but clean. The windows are clouded over, and the curtains are sturdy but worn. The air conditioning unit is loud, and temperature control is two fold: Freezing, or Off
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
DJ
"Nice budget hotel with helpful staff"
Very friendly and accommodating staff. Hotel close to down town without the downtown price.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Danny
"Average hotel in downtown Indianapolis"
This hotel is in a great location, but seriously needs to be upgraded. Very tiny elevators and narrow hallways. Good breakfast though.
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2014
Dustin
"convenient, with free parking downtown"
I have stayed there before, everything was as expected.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014