All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
401 E Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46204, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Nicely renovated inside."
Don't let the outside scare you away. It is an older facility, but it has been nicely updated on the inside. Both the rooms and the lobby area are much nicer than you would expect from the outside. Free parking is also a real plus.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2015
Nice
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Ronald
"1 night stay"
It was fine for the 1 night we were there. The mini fridge was nice. Parking lot left something to be desired. Waited at front desk for 10 minutes before anyone showed up.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
It was a good stay
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Holly
"A night in Indy!"
The staff was a pleasure with whom to work. Very accommodating and professional!
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"great stay"
Second time staying here and it was great!
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Was great for the price being so close to downtown. However walls are very thin and heard people all night long so not a good nights rest. A lot of options for breakfast but cold and not very tasty. Elevators are obnoxiously small! That all being said, I would stay there again for the rate I got.
Stayed 2 nights and was very pleased!
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Business trip"
In Indy for business. Everything about the hotel was good, but the walls are not very sound proof. People in the room next to us were quite noisy from about 11p.m. to 12 a.m. or later, so my sleep was interrupted. I had an early morning start, so did not get enough sleep.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Wenda
"It's freezing in the room 241 at the La Quinta Ind"
Our room, 241 was extremely cold. My hair oil literally froze while on the floor in the room. We asked for an extra blanket on the first day but they didn't have any. Floor in the bathroom was freezing (and I am not just saying "cold", freezing!!! Breakfast was OK. Everyday exactly the same. Front desk people were extremely nice!!!
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Joelle
"Exceptional"
I stayed two nights while taking a class at Harrison College and I couldn't ask for better accommodations. The hotel staff was extremely courteous and friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was extraordinary.
2 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Robin
Well because of the sub zero temps in Indianapolis there were broken water lines in our hotel. So therefore we didn't get the king bed room that we wanted. The front desk employee made us promises that were obviously just said to keep us from complaining. Like;$5 Pacers tickets, a king suite on our next visit, etc. However, none of that was produced. Nor did we get anything in writing. This was supposed to be a special 40th birthday trip for my husband. A Pacers game, good nights sleep in a king bed (we have 3 small children that stayed at grandmas house) Hate to say it, but we should have just went home after the game.(an hour drive home) Disappointed.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
The hotel is easy to find and is conveniently located near most of the Downtown Indy entertainment venues. Hotel staff was very helpful and polite. Being unaccustomed to dining downtown,we asked for recommendations for restaurants and were extremely pleased with the choices they gave.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"nice hotel in downtown Indianapolis"
Stayed at this hotel while I was taking some classes at the college across the street. Nice location. I really liked this hotel because I was able to bring my dog along so I would have some company while I was staying. All staff was great and very friendly.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Nicole
"Overall it was a positive stay"
The parking for an event like the colts game can be rough. This hotel doesn't have a ton so I wouldn't drive too much if you don't have to when places are close enough to walk or get a cab. Elevators are very small. 4 people max. If your looking for a quite stay, this place will work. It was pretty quite, except in the morning you could hear the trash trucks very early, but that wouldn't effect a weekend stay. Some of the sir conditioners can get extremely noisey. Just hope the room you get isn't one of them. Breakfast is exactly what you would imagine it to be. Another thing about parking is that it's free, we got 2 cars in here no problem and they didn't even give us a parking pass. Pretty much anybody can park here. The place is clean, accommodating, and for the price, I will defiantly stay here again when in town for colts or pacers games. Oh yea, the water pressure is excellent as well.
2 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
Christopher
"Good budget option near Downtown Indianapolis"
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and based on our experience with them alone, we'd stay again. For the price, you couldn't beat this for Downtown Indy. The room was very clean. Amenities are pretty bare-bone, but that's not why you're staying here, anyway. Wi-fi was free and reliable. Flat screen TV with cable. Breakfast offerings included biscuits & gravy, bread, bagels, muffins, and the like. There was also a waffle maker. It's complimentary. Parking is free. There is limited space in the little garage area attached to the hotel but there's an adjoining lot right next to it. This hotel is within walking distance of the downtown area. Your a 10 minute walk from Bankers Life and Circle Center Mall. Streets are well lit. We had a great stay. I'd definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who needs a place to stay near Downtown Indianapolis on a budget. Again, the staff is great, the room was clean, and the parking is free.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Gregory
"Cold not just the room but service too!"
The room was freezing even after 6 hours of the heat being on high at 80 degrees. There is no heat or air in bathroom. The front desk was short handed and never answered the phone.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Good price for the location"
Great hospitality, room was nice. Hotel may have been renovated as it had a weird smell (hospital like) but was good for price
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
brett
"Great Business Trip"
Great location for all things Indy! Front Desk staff was excellent... Amid all the big four star hotels , La Quinta holds it's own and offers a lot... Breakfast...Free Parking... great stay!
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Cesar
"doable walk to bankers life"
Family getaway. We walked to spaghetti factory and bankers life fieldhouse. On site parking for no additional fee. Great costumer service. Small elevator.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Sara
"Great hotel, sketchy part of downtown."
The location of the hotel is a little sketchy for some. I've stayed at this hotel in the past. It is within walking distance of downtown bars, events, etc. However, don't do the walk alone. The hotel is clean, and 'up-to-date' with upgrades. Room was very clean and comfortable. LOVE the tons of pillows on the bed. Only suggestion is not enough easily accessible outlets for as much technology as people travel with. Great overnight stay.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Kayla
Was charged the full amount of a room due to a reservation mistake and did not get any type of customer service. All they gave me was to call three different people who gave me three different answers.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Couples retreat/Sporting event"
The front desk staff was incredibly helpful and friendly throughout our stay. By far the most friendly hotel I've stayed at. The only drawbacks were there was a slight odor in the room when we first arrived and the neighborhood was questionable, but for the price it was definately worth it. I would recommend this hotel to friends as well as stay there again myself.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great location at great price!"
Friendly and accommodating staff! Pleasantly surprised with the price/value in comparison to neighboring downtown hotels. Convenient location for walking distance for downtown spots (Monument, Lucas Oil Stadium, food, Circle Centre mall, etc.). In addition, there was complimentary parking and breakfast which were nice little perks! Would definitely stay here next trip to Indy!
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Kristen
"Great value close to downtown."
Nice hotel recently remodeled. Close enough to walk downtown no frills but great for the money.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"La Quinta es Mierda"
The walls were so thin, I could hear the conversations of neighbors at 1am. The tub didn't drain; there was no cover over the fan in the bathroom.
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"good, clean, close to downtown"
Room was clean, well-maintained, & up to date, but bathroom was cold (it was cold outside) as if there wasn't heat in there. Staff was friendly and helpful. Amenities were as expected, nothing special but not bad. Location was good, walking distance to Bankers' Life Fieldhouse arena and to downtown Indy restaurants, etc. I recommend this hotel for a good basic place to stay in Indy.
1 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2014
Preston
"everything was just fine.clean and close to arena."
Stay was just fine.would come back if champions classic comes back to indy.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
Darrell
Older hotel, but clean and provided a good value and location. I would stay there again.
"Close to Downtown."
Very little covered parking. I was there for 5 days so I had a fair amount of luggage but couldn't find a luggage cart. Elevator is very small. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I couldn't connect to the wifi from my 3rd floor room so I had to go downstairs with my laptop to connect or try and get into the business center. Breakfast was ok, probably the best hotel waffle I've had. It's an old facility but it's pretty well kept. Location and price were good but the amenities left a bit to be desired. Very very close to the Bankers Life Fieldhouse and within walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium(we walked to the Sunday night game). If you're looking for a fancy hotel this isn't it but if that isn't a concern then you should be fine. I only had a desk chair in my room. I would have preferred another chair. Our group had two rooms and the other room did have a chair and ottoman.
"Disappointing for the price"
We have stayed at La Quinta Hotels before, so I expected a higher quality for the price charged. First, the bathroom was ice cold, with no heat vent, only the vent fan which made it even colder (we showered with the light and fan off to stay warmer!). The sash on the exterior window was broken, allowing cold air into the room. When we entered the room, there was an odor, as if the carpeting had not been cleaned in a long time (ever?). Outside, behind our room was the Indianapolis Heliport (!) and the train tracks where freight trains ran. This made it difficult to sleep, even with the heating/ac unit running constantly to drown out the outside noises. I thought being on the second floor would help, but it didn't. The mattress was very hard and generally uncomfortable. Fortunately we were only staying one night. The only right spot was the complimentary breakfast in the morning. We will think twice before staying at a La Quinta again.
April
"Great Staff!"
This hotel was in a rough area of Indianapolis, but not too far of a walk from downtown, which was the main reason we booked here. Although they did not offer a hotel shuttle, they were able to set us up with great arrangements to get to and from the airport, which made our visit quick, easy and efficient.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Katie
"Good hotel for the price and area"
Good hotel for price and location. Very easy to walk to almost everything downtown. Employees very friendly and helpful. Hotel is older, but inside is still nice and freshly painted and kept up.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
Need more about scrambled eggs and fried eggs. Gravy sausages tasted awful and too high cholesterol.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Mitchell
"Great stay in Indy"
My brother and I were in town for the weekend for the Patriots-Colts game. Stayed at La Quinta because it was cheaper than the other downtown hotels(it's only 2 blocks from the main part of downtown) and also because it offered free parking, free WI-FI and free breakfast. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and it offered all the amenities of a quality hotel including a fridge, even though the description seemed to indicate it wouldn't have one. I will absolutely be returning to La Quinta for any future trips to Indianapolis.
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Tanner
"Friendly hotel in downtown"
Hotel is in downtown. Everything is at walkable distance, though noisy. Staff at the hotel is helpful and friendly. Good breakfast. Hotel needs renovation. Overall, we enjoyed the stay.
3 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Don't judge a book by it's cover."
I'll be honest, I didn't know what to expect when I drove up and saw the outside of the building but I was very pleasantly surprised by the inside. The staff is very nice and the room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. It's a fantastic deal considering the location to downtown. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Indy.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Ron
"Hotel is Downtown"
We were traveling through and didn't realize this hotel was downtown. We probably would have found a hotel closer to the freeway if we had known the location.
1 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
The hotel was clean and they were nice :) happy stay
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
ruth
""Downtown" location is deceiving"
I was looking for a hotel in the downtown area, I would not consider this downtown, too far to walk especially in cooler weather. The fact that it was older and kind of shabby looking wouldn't have been a problem if it was in a good location. I personally would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Indianapolis Marathon"
Hotel is not easy to get to from I65. Too many lanes of traffic to cross on Washington to turn left going west, so you have to go around the block. Very easy to get back on I65.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Dumpy hotel in questionable neighborhood"
Main parking was full so had to park in extended parking. Questionable characters hanging out by lot. Room was noisy due to helicopter port right next door. Water leak in ceiling was dry but very visible. Fortunately was not above bed so no fear of falling in while sleeping.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"review"
Limited parking, but otherwise overall good
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Friendly & courteous staff"
The hotel was easy to get to. The staff was very friendly, courteous & helpful! I would stay here again & recommend it to friends and family!
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
Diana
"Don't let prices of hotels fool you"
My wife and I had reservations well in advance of our stay in Indianapolis for our 30th Annaiversary at a well known luxerious hotel the Omni. Needless to say, we were mislead and the price went up like $100 - $125 a night. We had to hurry and try to find a room and as it wasn't or first choice we were very pleasantly surprised. There were no hidden fees, employees were friendly, accomodating and went way out of their way for us to make our stay enjoyable. Michael the desk clerk was fabulous. They actually have one of the best breakfasts we have ever had for a hotel breakfast. Big variety, very very clean. You go to a big and new city to see the sites and expereince everything the city has to offer. I highly recommend this place.
3 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
An older hotel being remodeled some. Clean and free breakfast.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great for the money"
This is the best place I could have stayed for the 2 days I was in Indianapolis. Good location, reasonable rates, free parking and breakfast. Excellent climate control in room. I was very impressed with the call from the front desk about half hour after check-in to ask if everything was OK. I had to take away a point on condition and cleaniness because of exterior appearance, loose toilet seat, shower fixture and carpet not vacuumed. Sink drained very slowly and told front desk upon check-out, but not a problem.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Flyingfish
"Nice stay in older hotel"
Comfortable stay while attending a conference at the convention center. Had a maintenance request upon arrival and it was taken care of promptly. Older hotel but maintained well. Updated breakfast and lobby area.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Peggy
"Near the Indianapolis Convention Center"
I was with a group of ladies attending a conference at the Indianapolis Convention Center. The price, compared to many other hotels near the Center, was what tipped the scale in favor of LaQuinta. It seems like an older hotel, but we thought they had done their best to update it.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Reasonable price for great location and amenities"
The staff of this hotel was very friendly and helpful. The room was simple but comfortable which is all my husband and I really need. We weren't expecting anything fancy, just a clean bed and hot shower. This hotel had both of those things, plus a fridge and microwave which we were pleasantly surprised with. We were especially pleased with the location; we were able to walk to the downtown area with a stroller. There is also a free parking area around the hotel for guests, which made walking downtown much easier. The only disappointment was the breakfast, which was not of great quality. Otherwise we were very satisfied with our stay and would stay there again when in Indianapolis.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2014