All hotels in Richmond Heights, Missouri, United States of America
6300 Clayton Rd, Richmond Heights, MO, 63117, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Amazing!!!"
I can't believe all the bad reviews; this was a beautiful hotel and very charming! Lovely room, very spacious and clean, staff was awesome, breakfast was really yummy and our kid loved all the fun things to look at (bear in lobby, puzzles, fireplaces, furniture...) the bathroom was clean and the beds are comfy if you are into soft beds. Nobody was in the pool until after dark but having a young child we wouldn't go then anyway. I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to stay close to downtown!
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Key complaint was the size of the bathroom - super small. The breakfast was good but they had trouble keeping the food and coffee replenished. We will stay here again but only because of the location. It is not our first choice in the area but is a good backup.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Lynn
"I Would Stay Here Again"
It was quick, 2 days, in and out. The staff was friendly and helpful with directions, calling cabs, and providing information about hotel services. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the fitness center is pretty good too. The large lobby is a good place to start the day or wind down at the end of the day. The self-serve breakfast was excellent, as was the late-night jazz in the Fox and Hounds lounge, and we had two good dinners in the hotel across the parking lot. The British writer angle makes for good Tudor-ish decor and interesting pictures on the wall.
3 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
"Ole English"
loved the decor of this English hotel. Did not see a lot of staff. Would stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Joan L
"a nice surprise"
charming hotel. the staff catered to our kids and they had a great time on their treasure hunt. the breakfast choices were limited, but what was available was good. the little extras like bottles of juice at breakfast, tea selection, and rock sugar for the tea were nice touches that set this hotel appart. there is something different to see around every corner with an expansive art collection throughout the hotel. each evening there was live music by the pool and each afternoon was tea time. This was an experience, not just a hotel stay
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Angela
Will definitely be back. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Natalie
"Not so great."
I'm sorry to say that I did not have a great stay here. It started poorly after getting to the room and seeing that it had not been vacuumed. The bed was clean, but the linens and towels were covered in strange stains. Not what I expect for the price I paid. Also, bring your own pillow if you have allergies as they only seem to have a few available in the whole hotel. The bathroom light is on a motion sensor, so the choices was either permanently on, or on when you enter the bathroom. It stays on for a minute after you exit the bathroom, which is super annoying if you get up in the middle of the night. It was a disappointing stay.
4 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Julia
"Quirky but nice"
Both bar and restaurants' food was good. The pizza restaurant was great. The free breakfast served in the hotel was the best "continental" I have had anywhere. Comfortable beds with in room coffee pod makers. Would stay again.
3 night business trip Jul 12, 2015
"Fantastic stay"
Fabulous stay at the Cheshire. Wonderful place with unique atmosphere and feel. Will definitely go back and this is now my preferred hotel in St. Louis.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Gerry
"Outstanding"
Awesome
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
Regivie
"Cheshire burger. Enough said."
My girlfriend and I took a last minute trip to St. Louis on the 4th of July and upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly valet service and were in shock to see how cool the hotel looked. Not at all what we were expecting. When we checked in the front desk manager suprised us and made us the guest of the day which turned out to be a free upgrade to the top floor Royal Rooms. It was amazing, 2 big tvs, a fancy bathroom and almost an entire wall of windows. It honestly made our weekend, if you go here go to the Fox and hounds downstairs and get the Cheshire burger. Seriously. We still talk about driving back just for another one. And when we do go back, we will be staying there again, maybe in the Romeo and Juliet suite. By the way, walking distance grocery store has a huge liquor section and the hotel is a minute drive to the zoo. So perfect, awesome weekend. do it.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Adam
"Stay at this fabulous hotel!"
Stopped at The Cheshire on the way home from camping on Lake Michigan. Beautiful hotel with creative and thoughtful decor. Our room was big, comfortable and had the most gorgeous windows! After a nice shower with the amazing smelling soap they provide, we had great drinks at the cozy hotel bar and then a fabulous dinner at the hotel restaurant. Slept in absolutely the most comfortable bed I've ever experienced in a hotel and then woke up and had a delicious breakfast. An after breakfast walk through Forest Park with a cup of coffee was the perfect end to our stay. If ever in St Louis again, we will certainly stay at the Cheshire!
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Jana
A former St.Louisan, I know this is the location to enjoy what I consider the best of the city including zoo, Missouri Botanical Gardens, historic neighborhoods. Cheshire reflects the casual elegance of the area. Pool area is wonderful, Staff were professional and knowable but conveyed personal warmth.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2015
Pamela
Loved this place. Quaint little English themed hotel within walking distance of the zoo. Dog friendly and it has a lovely library on the first floor. Would highly recommend if you are in the St Louis area.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"My overnight stay at the Cheshire was ok."
Overnight stay at the Cheshire. My room was fairly clean except for a dirty q-tip i found on the bathroom floor. The lobby and elevators need a make over as it come off as looking "worn".
1 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2015
Stacey
This hotel was absolutely amazing. Me and my girlfriend got there and she wanted a shower/tub combination that was in the description when we rented the hotel however when we got there the room didnt have it. When we went to the front desk they were very polite and upgraded us for free. Definitely would recommend.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Will return"
Generally, the experience was excellent. The staff was friendly, the room was both clean and interesting, and my wife described the breakfast as "the best hotel breakfast in years." We got a discount price online, which made the value great as well. The only minor drawbacks were the amount of food at breakfast and the $7 nightly fee for parking. As long as you are aware of the parking fee going in and don't show up for breakfast at 9:15, though, you can avoid these inconveniences.
3 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Good location, close to The Hill and Clayton neighborhoods...but the ads on here made it look more like a Bavarian boutique hotel, and less like the kitzschy Hogwarts Academy that it is. Rooms are huge though, and the downstairs bar is a good low-key place to have a drink.
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
The bathroom floors were not clean and there was a wet, dirty washcloth hanging over the shower curtain. We paid a lot of money for this room. It was not three-hundred dollars clean.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Interesting place to stay"
We arrived late, but still was greeted by two smiling faces who were expecting us to arrive. The hotel has an English theme which was fun to experience. The room was very clean and inviting and the bed was very comfortable after a long day on the road traveling. Nice selection of food for breakfast.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Roddy
"Simply Charming"
I loved this place! The unique qualities in the decor, and literary theme had me sold when booking, but I was thrilled when we arrived that it was just as enchanting in person. The restaurant was superb. I thought it would be a little run-down dive restaurant, but when you walk inside it's a 3 star (maybe even 4) dining experience with an innovative chef. This was probably the most comfortable bed I have even slept in, and the room was updated yet still remained charming. The pool was small, but the outdoor seating was plentiful and pleasant. Great place and great value.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
Desk staff were very helpful and always welcomed us as we walked in the door! Staff was knowledgable about activities and attractions in the area!
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
The hotel was working on some serious renovation in the lobby area that made it a little hard to get around the hotel but should be fantastic once finished. I loved the literary themed rooms and the chaise in my room which was perfect for a little reading.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Great place to stay."
The staff was pleasant and helpful. Our dogs were welcomed and given plenty of attention by the staff.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Relaxing Time"
It was a good stay but my room was never cleaned.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2015
"Anniversary get away."
Stayed one night for anniversary room was very comfortable, ate dinner there and food was fantastic.Only disappointment was when my husband asked for their steak butter but was brought melted butter instead.He was willing to pay extra for it, that's how good it is. When he asked if they still had it, after dinner, the waiter said yes but it comes only with the filet. Breakfast had many choices, which was good.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Connie
"My new favorite"
Loved it!
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
Emily
"New favorite!"
We come to St. Louis several times a year. This was the first time we stayed at the Cheshire. This is by far my favorite hotel in St. Louis. We have found our new favorite and will definitely be back!
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Emily
"Great!!!"
Everything was very nice, parking was the most uncomfortable part of the stay. The Rooms and atmosphere was very home like and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would stay again in a minute.
3 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Shannon
"Uniquely impressive lodging."
Great Victorian English themed hotel from the furnishings, to the decor, as well as the classic novel placed in each room named for that particular Briitsh author. We enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast and a special thanks to the bartender, Tim C, for the generous servings of libations at Fox and Hounds Tavern inside the hotel. Try the tomato chowder soup at the conveniently located Cheshire RestAraunt, the Vampire Slayer pizza at basso Italian bar in the basement, and the cappuccino at the Starbucks a stone's throw away! If anyone has complaints about this hotel, then something is wrong with them. The staff cannot control the traffic noise outside or the fact that people have intercourse in their room or that babies are going to cry. Get a life complainers!
4 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Girl's getaway"
Great location, lovely people, continental breakfast
3 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Lauren
"The quaint hotel that COULD, if it WOULD......"
The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel in and of itself could be quite charming IF it were CLEAN....We stayed in a King Suite, Ilove that the windows opened. The problem was that it was DIRTY...it looked as though the vents in the bathroom had NEVER been touched with so much as a wet cloth! It made me wonder if the sheets were actually CHANGED from the last patron?? Again, I think it could be a very quaint, lovely, get-away but, I just could NOT get past the dirt! :-(
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Cozy Getaway"
I had a great time at the hotel and during my stay in St. Louis.
3 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
"You have to try this hotel!!!"
Other than the shower being for a disabled person I loved the hotel. It was romance, comfort, and the neighborhood was perfect.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Keith
I stayed here with my children so we could visit the zoo. The property has an excellent location just outside of Forest Park. The room was very nice and perfect for the boys since the book featured in our room was Winnie the Pooh. We will definitely stay here again on our next zoo trip!
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Nicole
"Excellent value, awesome pool, delicious breakfast"
We had a lovely stay. We were nervous about being next to the elevator but we slept just fine. The pool area was like a luxury hotel and the complimentary breakfast was the best we have had in a long time. The rooms were very clean. Watch out for the bed frame. It sticks way out in the corners and our shins have the bruises to prove it.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
Nathaniel
"great hotel"
excellent food and staff
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
"A gem"
This was a fabulous hotel stay. We were in St. Louis for Shakespeare in the Park. Located on the edge of Forest Park, it was very convenient. The English theme of the hotel was so fun. We felt like we had really gone somewhere far away. It would have been nice if the room had had a refrigerator, but other than that, I was pleased with everything. We would definitely stay here again. The staff was kind and helpful.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Nikki
"High Quality Fun Place"
Fun place with English theme. Restaurant is excellent.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Decent stay"
very friendly staff. Good continental breakfast. Bed not very comfortable. Airconditioner was very loud. One elliptical in fitness room did not work, probably needed maintenance - and the working one was in use so could not exercise. Layout of fitness room could be improved by locating televisions where they can be seen from ellipticals and treadmills.
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2015
Teko Jan
"Ye Hotel Review"
My family and I stayed two days during Memorial Day weekend. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was super clean. The free breakfast was pleasant with good variety. Great location near a bunch of family friendly activities in Frontier Park. The decor was entertaining and very consistent throughout. Great smiles on the employees.
Response by The Cheshire
Thank you for your review Eric! Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
2 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Terrific Hotel, but paper-thin walls"
We had selected the Cheshire after reviewing the comments made by previous guests who wrote a review on Hotels.com. The reviews were very accurate. There are jigsaw puzzles located on several tables within the sitting area of the hotel and we always saw children and adults concentrating on putting these puzzles together at all hours of the day. This sitting area had books to read and I always observed people reading newspapers or books in this area. The hotel had a magnificent guitar player hired to sing songs by the outdoor pool between 6pm and 9 pm. He was terrific and played songs that everyone recognized the songs he sang. The locatation of the hotel is near everything..close to the St. Louis Zoo, Forest Park, the Hill (Italian Neighborhood with great restaurants) and not far from downtown. The staff was incredible. The valet explained the pros and cons of parking my large truck in the below-ground parking garage and this valet offered to allow me to park in a more spacious parking space in a spot normally reserved for valet parking....at no charge! The desk clerk was friendly and helpful and the staff asked us continually if we needed directions to go anywhere. The only downside (which multiple reviewers commented on in the Hotels.com reviews) was the paper-thin walls. I could hear every single word coming from my neighbors TV set....at 4:30 a.m.! I was able to mask the noise by turning on the fan, but it would be nice to noise-proof these rooms.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Not a business stay, too nice"
The candles and potpourri were a giveaway that this wasn't business as usual. I would stay again for pleasure.
Response by The Cheshire
Thank you for your review! We hope you're able to join us for a relaxing vacation next time!
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
"Quaint hotel to get away from the chains!"
Love this hotel every time I come to St. Louis. Very comfortable and once you learn how to control the crazy bathroom light you are good to go. Great breakfast and fabolous croissants!
Response by The Cheshire
Thank you for your review Sandra! We're glad you enjoyed our breakfast and our English charm! Hope you'll join us again soon.
2 night business trip May 20, 2015
Sandra
"A Little Bit of England at a Great Price!"
Outstanding character hotel for a great price! I love the rooms are named after authors and poets from England and that a book and bookmark are placed in the room for you to enjoy. The room was large and functional, the bed extremely comfortable, the water pressure perfect, the many public spaces for gathering had great seating options both inside and out. The period pieces and location decor in the hotel was absolutely beautiful and there was something new to see around every corner. Many options for dining and the proximity to Forest Park and all its attractions was ideal. The staff was helpful and eager to please, room service was quick and easy with several menu offerings, parking was underground and covered and valet was offered too. My only suggestion is to have luggage stands in the room. Loved this hotel and hope to get back soon!
Response by The Cheshire
Thank you for your review Ami! Thank you for your feedback and suggestions regarding luggage stands. Can't wait for your next visit!
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
Ami
"Izzy Birthday"
Awesome
Response by The Cheshire
Thank you for your review Mark!
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Something a little different in St. Louis"
The Cheshire is a boutique eclectic hotel with lots of amenities and superb service. The continental breakfast was awesome. The rooms are clean and roomy. Each room is named after an English playwright, poet, or author with a biography and a book of that author's available to read in the room. 3 on-site restaurants and a Starbucks! The only negative is that the walls are thin as it is an old (but nicely renovated) property.
Response by The Cheshire
Thank you for your review Sheri! We appreciate the kind words and hope you'll be able to join us again soon!
3 night business trip May 3, 2015
Sheri
"Totally fun atmosphere, definitely recommend."
Great experience overall. Short drive to great restaurants and attractions. Easy parking. Free breakfast everyday makes mornings easy. My room was off the main street and too noisy for a light sleeper. I called the front desk and within 5 minutes my keys were ready for the new room. Great customer service all around.
Response by The Cheshire
Thank you for your review Josh! We appreciate the kind words and hope you'll visit us again soon!
3 night business trip May 1, 2015
Josh
"The Cheshire Review"
Pool was closed :(
Response by The Cheshire
Thank you for your review!
1 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"Efficient stay, nice staff"
Our stay was very nice. We were just staying for an appt at Barnes the next day. It's a quick, easy drive, and there is even a Starbucks right near. Only downgrade was the continental breakfast which made typical continental breakfasts look like monster buffets.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2015