All hotels in Richmond Heights, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here6300 Clayton Rd, Richmond Heights, MO, 63117, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

If you stay at The Cheshire and dine at the Restaurant, you will receive a discount. The food is worth it even if you're not staying at the hotel. Very friendly, helpful service.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Perfect Spot for Quick Rejuvenation"
My flights were so late I only got to spend 7 hours at the hotel. The atmosphere was wonderful! British feeling and very welcoming. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the supplied soaps were the perfect balm to a harrowing day. Will return to St. Louis to stay again!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
VtheTD
"A favorite!"
Great old world decor and a very hospitable staff. Wonderful fireplaces in the lounge and lobby. We go here anytime we are headed to St Louis.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the zoo."
Our daughter lives close to the hotel so we decided to try it out. We are so glad we did. The staff was wonderful. Our room was clean and comfortable. The atmosphere was fun and cozy. We ate brunch with our family at an on site restaurant and it was wonderful. Great place to stay!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Not what I expected...."
don't expect a nice bathroom like the ones listed on hotels.com---those only come with the Novelty Suites, which you can't book through hotels.com! I was very disappointed when I got there and saw a VERY tiny bathroom with a very small tub.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Quirky little place with lots of character and wonderful staff.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"A fun unique experience"
We loved all of the unique features of the hotel, but we had a few minor annoyances. The HVAC unit in the room was making some clangy noises throughout the night, and we were awoken by a landscape crew using a leaf blower around 8am.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"30 Year Anniversary"
Everyone at Cheshire are very friendly and succeeded in making our Anniversary weekend a success. Upon arrival they had a white horse with carriage available for free rides. I really wanted to take them up on their offer, but we were running too close on time. We had tickets to see Garth Brooks and had to head out to the concert. In our room, they had champagne chilling and they had even upgraded us to a Suite ! When we arrived back from our concert, they had strawberries dipped in chocolate with the words....Happy 30th Anniversary on a plate. Breakfast the next morning was in front of a fireplace. The entire hotel smells of this awesome wood burning fireplace. One of my favorite things. This is the only hotel I will stay at in St. Louis from now on. They are all fantastic !
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
vonda
"St. Louis treasure"
I was very lucky. I had never heard of this hotel and was just looking for someplace to stay overnight while traveling. It turned out to be a great place to stay. The staff was extremely accommodating and the room was wonderful.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
"Nice get away"
Very nice place to stay.Very pleasing and helpful staff. Overall I am very pleased and I will be going back,when I have more time to enjoy my surrounds and the pub.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Clinton
"Perfect location for me"
Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. Food was great. Location was perfect for me.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Don't stay anywhere else in St. Louis"
Great Hotel. Great, intelligent, considerate staff. Amazing Restaurant next door. Lots of history and a fun place. I stay here for business as it's such a respite from these corporate Hotels.
2 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
Tara
"Love, sort of"
I admit to loving this hotel... It's rooms are well decorated, the staff really friendly and the hotel bar one of the best you'll ever go to... Sadly, the details are where the problems lay... The rooms could use an overall cleaning... They need a mini-bar and if not that a fridge and the state of staffing has them missing out on a lot of basics, like cleaning my room, providing towels and replenishing basics... I really do like this hotel and will likely stay again, but they really do need someone managing things and setting standards...
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Jeremy
"Nice look but needs updates."
We were on the street side, 2nd floor, beautiful single pane leaded glass windows, but VERY load.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
DJ
"Rest and relaxation trip to St. Louis."
My favorite place to stay in at. Louis. Love the Fox and Hounds Lounge. Very warm cozy place to unwind.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Great hotel, cozy hotel bar and great food in the restraunt. Location is right next to the zoo in one of STL nicest neighborhoods.
Jered
"Older and needs ipdate"
Older. amenities, superclean, noisy street. Needs updating.
i'm for real
"Dusty dusty"
Hotel was super cute. They had a nice contintal breakfast with a lot to choose from. And my sister and i had been flying all day and they let us check in a couple hours early which was great because we were tired. The downfall was that our room was so dusty!! Like layers of dust behind the bed, dresser and desk. Even the TV had dust!!
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
Yolanda
"Pretty satisfied."
I was very pleased with this hotel the biggest problem I had was I kept requesting a microwave and they never could accommodate me. I'm use to 4 star hotels having microwaves in the room. That was very irritating. We had to keep going downstairs to ask the desk to warm our food. The hotel was very beautiful. might stay there again. The staff was excellent
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Irene
"Ok stay"
The decor was a little strange for my taste which made my stay noot a 4. My only other problem with the hotel is the elevators take too long.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"hotel eval"
staff were very friendly and caring---the hotel is dog friendly and the staff went out of there way to make the dog also comfortable
2 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Norman P.
"Cheshire Hotel"
I was somewhat disappointed with my stay. Room did not smell good, and there were "icky" stains on the pillow shams and chair. I left for the day from 8:30 am-8:30 pm.,and returned to the room to find it had never been cleaned. Front desk staff was nice, as was complimentary breakfast.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Old English charm"
The clock was not set to the correct time and was too difficult to figure out. The bathroom sink water never got hot. The front desk staff was very courteous. It seemed odd to have to pay for self-parking. The staff at Bosso restaurant service and food was great and the 20% discount really was a great deal. We appreciated it.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"Lovely stay"
Lovely hotel, many on site amenities, staff was great, room was so cute, breakfast was phenomenal, our evening at the Fox and Hounds was fun..Will be staying here again :)
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
"Peaceful one night stay"
Even though the hotel was close to 64 highway, I slept peacefully throughout the night. The room was cozy and comfortable. I also appreciate that breakfast is also included in the stay.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Unique, clean, safe, stupid parking charge!"
Unique hotel! It is in a very nice area of St. Louis (Clayton) and close to shopping, movies and the loop that offers lots of Restaurants and entertainment. I did not appreciate the $7.00 parking charge per day! They need to add the fee into the room, it looks better and more hospitable. They have to realize people are bringing a car, they need to find another way of doing this. Charging an extra fee is tacky!! Be a little more clever and add in the fee elsewhere and then people wont have to complain or get rid of it all together!!
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Cynthia
"great central location"
Cute hotel centrally located. Our first room was next to the bar and very noisy till after 1:00. There was a squeaky door that kept us up the first night. After that, they moved us down the hall, which was a little better. Not really worth the price overall.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
dark, uninviting lobby. Loud patrons on same floor till well after 3:00 a.m. both nights of stay. Way too expensive for what you get. So, so continental breakfast in dark, small, crowded eating area. Scary elevator and parking lot.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great place to spend the night"
Clean Room, Great Service, Great Hotel Theme, Great Breakfast.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
Tyrond
"location location"
Awesome staff, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again in a heart beat you cant beat the location.
4 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Kimba
Loved that the hotel was close to everything. Great breakfast. Hotel staff was amazing! !
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Great free breakfast. Nice dacor. Paper thin walls"
A love hate situation. Nice dacor. Great breakfast. Fantastic pub on site. Great central location by forest park. Paper thin walls. Small and poorly lit rooms. Tub was peeling its coating.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Eric P.
"good location"
need to work on cleanliness in our hotel room hair and fingernails from previous guest and replenishing items such as toilet paper in bathroom on 1st floor, tissues in hotel room, cream at coffee station, spoons at breakfast, etc.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Comfortably charming"
Wanted a romantic weekend while we attended a friend's wedding, and The Cheshire was a perfect start! It's a charming, Old World sort of English public house that embraces St. Louis's love affair with stained glass. Each room is named for a famous author -- our room was Chaucer -- and the decorations are book themed. The rooms are classically beautiful, but comfortable. The common areas remind me of old family houses -- taxidermied bears and deer, antique furniture with just enough wear and tear to make you feel relaxed. Good pub right in the hotel with music Fri and Sat night.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Matthew
"Overnight"
Nice room, way overpriced!! Staff was friendly & helpful. My room was dirty. Floor was sticky. Bathroom glass was dirty, & dusty. Hvac vent was very dusty.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Loved it! Would stay there again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Olive
"Location, location"
This hotel was located only minutes from Washington University and Forest Park. Lovely hotel with lots of charm. Surprised that they charged for parking as they were a community hotel with ample parking. Rooms were beautiful and clean. Very small bathrooms with limited counter space. Nice buffet breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great place to stay when visiting near Forest Park"
We have stayed here before and always enjoy it. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, breakfast is tasty and the loaner bikes are great for quick trips around Forest Park or the nearby neighborhoods. Plus we get to learn a little about an English poet or writer while we are staying in our room.
4 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
"Quaint hotel with great British style pub."
Had a great stay, everything went fine from the complementary breakfast and the free WiFi to the lively British style pub, with a great selection of beers, wines and spirits that is part of the hotel. The restaurant is also well recommended by locals but we didn't have time to try it out. Staff were courteous and friendly.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Phil
"Cheshire"
If you are looking for a unique boutique type hotel this is the place. Exceptionally friendly staff, comfortable bed, and old world style furnishings. The continental breakfast is very european and delicious!
2 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Lobby Men Room had no hand soap. Lobby Ladies Room had no paper towels. Together we got our hands washed and dried. The room missing bath enough bath towels. The fitness room hand or shower soap in the rest rooms. We were very satisfied with our stay.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
"gave us key to another couples room"
we were charged 180 for a room without a tub. the pool was not heated and so we asked for a room with a tub.the photos showed nice big bathrooms with tubs. we were upgraded and given a key to an occupied room.very embarrassing since the couple were in their birthday suits.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
rey
"Fun Theme. Great getaway."
The Cheshire gives you the cozy inn experience with modern attitude. A great place to base your St Louis travels or just spend the evening enjoying your room, The Fox and Hounds pub or poolside. Staff were cheerful and helpful. The only issue I had in my stay was having to waid past the valet line to get to the otherwise convienient underground parking. Despite that, I plan on returning to The Cheshire.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
Ty
"loved it"
We stayed in the James Bond room and absolutely loved it. The room was clean and decorated neatly. The bath tub was huge, it was great! there was also a door to the pool in our room which was continent, even though it wasn't pool weather they still had a great set up that could spend the beautiful evening outside. Everyone working at the hotel that I came into contact with that so friendly and helpful! I would definitely recommend staying here!!!
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
megan
"Comfortable, unique"
The bed was huge and incredibly comfortable. Very large bathroom but the bedroom area was a little small. Wished the room had a fridge. Service was great. You have to pay $7.00 to park in their lot, but it is only a one time fee. I didn't eat anything there, but stopped by the bar which was enjoyable.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Great hotel but..."
You have to pay for parking in the garage below. The lights in the bathroom come on by a sensor, which can be a nuisance when they go off while in the tub, or goes on and stays on for awhile after you return to bed. And the bathroom floor is slippery. The coffee maker was not cleaned, so no morning coffee in the room until you go to the free breakfast, which was great. And the light bulb was missing in the lamp on the desk. No microfridge but the ice machine is on the same floor.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"perfect location"
We stayed here before an event at Forest Park. It was really close. The hotel has a lot of character. The staff was super friendly, and everything was clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay there again!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Cool atmosphere - DIRTY room!"
My husband and I were very disappointed with our stay at The Cheshire. The room was filthy - hair and gnats in the bathroom, a burnt-out light bulb, the exhaust fan did not work - slime/algae in the shower and dust everywhere, a thick layer of it. The coffee pot had not been cleaned, and there was a cigarette burn on the chair...it was a non-smoking room. We stood on a hand towel in the shower it was so dirty. Not sure was has happened to this place - but it's VERY sad!! (On a better note - The staff was very nice, and the breakfast was good!)
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Old England"
A great way to experience England right in the middle of America. Always our destination when we visit St. Louis.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Rayjay
"Needs attention"
Many things to like about this Tudor style hotel but the ever present differed maintenance, dirty common rooms and young,sometimes snotty desk staff take away from what should otherwise be a great place. It's been a little hipified in the recent past and the pool area is great.
4 night business trip Aug 23, 2014