All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3414 118 Ave Nw, Edmonton, AB, T5W0Z4, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9482

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Location is inconvenient
    Dirty
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
"Great location for Canada 55+ Senior Fitness Games"
We were very pleased with the hotel location and amenities and even more pleased with the price
5 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Arleen Schultz
"nice"
The beds were comfy. Pretty quiet. Great, friendly service - check in and room cleaners. Great waitresses in the restaurant!
3 night trip May 30, 2014
"Close to Rexall"
I was surprised at how nicely put together the staff were, the neighborhood looks sketchy but we had no need to be out after dark. The buffet was awesome and well priced.
3 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2013
I really liked my stay at the travelodge east perfect distance from the expo centre which is why me and my girlfriend were there. I didn't like how the rooms that were non smoking were next to smoking rooms as the smell came in frequently to our non smoking room and there were some questionable characters that hung out outside the hotel from the bar. Overall it's a clean hotel perfect for someplace to unwind and sleep and relax overall good hotel.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Darian
I found that the staff and the manager went above and beyond their jobs to accommodate my self and my son. My son is asthmatic and we both suffer with many allergies, they went in the day before and ran a purifier and left in on throughout the weekend right out by our door. The room was always clean perfectly and not once did allergies or asthma stop us from enjoying our stay. And I must say the food was amazing. The staff was always courteous, friendly and very caring. I would definitely be back again. I would highly recommend this choice to any one, even though an older building and area well worth the stay. Thank You very much every one you have touched my heart with your kind and caring manners and professionalism.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Lorelei
"Old hotel in a rough part of town"
The hotel was surrounded by drunks. The hotel smelled like tobacco, even the non-smoking part. The room itself was ok, but minimal.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Adam
"Stay here if you must."
On arrival at the hotel I found the outside to be poorly kept, but not in terrible condition. The front desk area was nice and the staff was very pleasant but fail in their ratings for security reasons. That is where the pleasantries stop, the A/C in the room did not work, although they did provide a fan. The card keys only worked for a couple of days. When I asked the housekeeper for access to the room because the key quit working, instead of asking for ID and checking with the front office, she just let me in. Then when I went to the front desk and told them that the key cards were not working, they asked me for the room number and gave me new key cards without asking for any ID. The auxiliary entrance to the hotel was torn up and it appeared they had started the process of lying tile, however I didn't see any workers or progress the entire time I was there. The entire hotel is in need of a makeover. If I had no other choice (as I did in this case) I would stay there again, but only if all the other hotels are full.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Carl
"Good stay"
it was a nice clean hotel and was close to what we wanted to do. also close to Rexall Place if you want to take in hockey game.
1 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2013
Irene

"Another good stay overall"
Staff was exceptional had a few minor issues with the room but they were more than willing to make my stay comfortable. House keeping staff restaurant staff and front desk staff were all fantastic. Will be returning in the future
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
"Never Again!"
Wouldn't stay here again unless the alternative was sleeping next to a dumpster and a nest of troublesome raccoons. The counter clerk was frazzled and dealing with an irritated customer ahead of me. When it was our turn, it seemed as though I was being punished for booking with Expedia. Not only did I have to pay a damage deposit up-front, but a photocopy was made of both my and my roommate's photo ID. Maybe this is something this particular hotel does because they are in an awful neighborhood, but I've never seen this before. Rough neighborhoods don't bother you? BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! The restaurant staff tried to refuse my friends from using the washroom because we weren't customers. When I used it (and this is because we were arriving from a 5 hour drive and were waiting ages to check in), the restaurant staff were arguing loudly. We aren't even in our rooms yet. The rooms were run down, showers barely intact, dirty walls, uncomfortable beds. Our friends staying across the hall got the nicer room (didn't book w/ Expedia) with laminate floors and nicer bedding. But one of them slipped and almost fell on the laminate. We came back after our concert and were hassled by the clerk (a different one) and had to give all our names again. Probably the rough neighborhood again, I guess.The walls are virtually paper-thin. Carpet is thin and worn. I hate this place. I desperately hope there isn't some twist of fate where I end up having to stay there again.
Response by Travelodge Edmonton East
I apologize for the situation at check-in. The front desk clerk had the random circumstance of dealing with undesirable people approaching her. This had probably given you the wrong impression of the hotel. The restaurant is independently operated from the hotel. We do not know what were the circumstances of their judgment. We do hope you would reconsider us in your future stay in Edmonton.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
lins
"Good For The Price"
Beds were a little bit hard and the room seemed quite out dated. But cannot complain for the cheap price and the staff was extremley friendly. Would stay here again.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
"over all not bad, awkward location"
The staff were very nice, standard room, basic buffet food but very good none the less. The only thing is that it is very awkward to get too, it is located behind a gas station and a few other motels. Besides that it was very good, had enough room for all 4 of us with two beds and could tell us where we needed to go for the concert. Bathroom was a little outdated but again, still okay.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
"All I want is a clean room - nothing else"
Went to Madonna concert Picked closest hotel to the venue and high way Did not expect much since it was $100/night Lady at front desk was very friendly Rooms and hallways were dirty All I ask is a clean room - nothing else
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
Cornelius A
Won't be staying here again! Smokey, very dated, TV didn't work but they did move us to a new room.
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2015
The hotel was very basic. It could use an exercise room.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"Nice getaway after an appointment"
Was leery about location at first but once I arrived it was clean fast and friendly. Josh at the front desk was great. Will be returning in the future.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
The hotel is old and rundown and in a bad area of town.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Very old ....."
beds are not comfortable we asked for non smoking room!! Every time we enter the room you can smell of smoke! ! Even though there is a sign non smoking! ! Is Tarrible
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Mirna
horrible. 51i requested a room close to microwave for my child's bottles and ended up on the bottom floor at the end of the hall when the microwave is on the top floor near the entrance. I was scheduled for 3 nights, on my second i was told that i was supposed to be checking out that day and i was not even at the hotel my little brother was scared because he had called me to give me the information. the air conditioner in the room was falling out of the window. people were loud in the hallway, drunks outside the hotel, and the mini fridge made a buzzing sound that was annoying, i had to cut my trip short to go sort out that problem. The night shift woman didn't know what she was doing, upon check in at 1am, said my initial room had someone in it apparently but she didn't know. how do you not know if someone is checked into a room or not ? IT SHOULD BE IN THE SYSTEM. GOOD thing was the breakfast i was satisfied. and the day time staff was nice. just overall disappointed. AND EXTREMELY DISORGANIZED!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Peanut
Very noisy, rough neighborhood. A/C not working properly.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
jess
"Horrible stay"
Pretty expensive considering the hotel had nothing in it. The TV wouldn't work and when we called he said he would come by to see what was going on but never did. Horrible stay!!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Awful experience, would not return"
We booked the hotel a week in advance online. When we showed up, we were given a smoking room, even though I had expressly booked a non-smoking. When id went to get them to switch our room we were then told that we were lucky to have gotten a room at all because they were over booked and would have had to turn us away. Bed sheets had some dark stains on them. The only redeeming quality of this hotel is that it was close to the highway so we could make a quick getaway.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Ok for if you just need a bed to sleep in"
The area surrounding this hotel was not very family friendly the hotel needed a pool or some facility's other than just a room
"Not the hotel for me."
We accidentally booked a smoking room. Besides that the room was still gross, and some of the outlets didn't work. We were also told there would be a queen bed, but it was the size of a double.
"Will not come back"
Our room was not vacuumed or cleaned properly. 2) screaming kids in the hallway all hours of the day and night 3) cops showing up for all the drunk people and hookers outside 4) not enough towels when we checked in and hotel staff has no access to house keeping supplies, which they should!!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Not a fan of the sketch people hanging outside the"
Hotel is in a tough area of the city with even rough people lerking about outside the front door Rooms were old and the toilet and shower both were broken Never book on price alone or else you get sketch motel
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
becareful
"Very clean hotel - very rundown area"
The hotel was absolutely fine, but there were prostitutes and bums in the parking lot.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Not great but okay for a 1 night stay"
Room was far too hot and a/c barely worked. Ice machine was broken and front desk clerk had no interest in doing anything about it. Breakfast buffet was just okay and service not great.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Esther
"no non-smoking left"
We had booked a non-smoking room and when we had arrived all there was left was smoking rooms. We were not the only group in this predicament. I felt bad for the front desk man but he kept blaming the problem on online booking companies.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Nicole
"Don't stay here if you value your safety"
We arrived and checked in, and were greeted by a lady who was very friendly, which was nice. When we got to our room, the wall paper was peeling from water damage, very dated furniture, and some kind of black mold in the shower. The deadbolt didn't work either to boot. We left and came back later that night to find a questionable couple checking in as we walked to our room. When we got in our room, the lady who was checking in with her guest tried to gain access to our room, telling us to quickly open the door. Needless to say without a working deadbolt, this wasn't a great experience. The place was filled with shady looking characters and once you're in your room, you hear everything. Didn't sleep more than two hours and checked out first thing at 7am. Will not be returning.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Price reasonable"
Unable to adjust room temperature, also too warm. This is my second stay at this hotel. The only issues encountered was having room cleaned if in it until after 11 am. The restaurant attached to hotel provided decent priced meals. Desk staff friendly.
3 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"Good location for a good price"
Came for an Oiler game. Only a 5 minute drive to Rexall and away from the heavy traffic. Rooms were good. Beds were great. Right next to Timmies so great way to start the day.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Jody
"Convenient for my needs"
I was on a visit to certain points immediately east of Edmonton and this hotel was conveniently located near the highway and reasonably priced. It was my second visit there. My stay was quiet and my rest was uninterrupted. The room was clean and the restaurant fare was decent. Possibly others might seek more luxury but I thought it was fine.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2015
"Convenient for the tour bus pickup"
The receptionist was very friendly. Our room was hot, there aren't individual controls although it appears that there is, the bathtub fixtures need work. Thought the price was too high for the overall appearance and amenities.
1 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Sylvia
"What a dump"
A hotel frequented by hookers and drunks. Staff couldn't care less about you. Ice machine broke for a weeks. Room key cards need demagnetized each day. Very noisy. Avoid this place and sleep in your car
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
peggar
"Cheap and dirty"
I was there for a course and fortunately I didn't have to be in the room for many hours. Entertainment came from my neighbors, I could hear everything they said, did and talked about and of course didn't need to turn up the volume on my tv set as we were watching the same show and the sound traveled easily. I don't want to go in to details when it comes to what I found in the bathroom, just that it was hair and it was stuck to the tub walls and sink,...ew! I guess for the money is a good deal but next time I'm spending a bit more and will stay somewhere else
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Julian
"It was OK"
I booked and paid for a non-smoking room but they only had smoking rooms and they wouldn't refund.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Friendly staff & quiet neighborhood"
The hotel is heavily frequented by long-term residents. The room was great, clean, a little outdated in regards to the bathroom (seriously, I've never seen that style of dryer before) and although the wifi was choppy the hotel is located right next to a Tim Horton's for your late night/early morning caffeine fixes. Staff were very courteous. And you're only a few blocks from Rexall/ Wayne Gretzky Drive.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Kristina
"Terrible hotel in sketchy area of Edmonton."
The hotel room was decent except for the hair all over the bathroom that I discovered upon arrival. There was a wanted man in one of the rooms upstairs and there were 10-15 officers inside the hotel and outside the hotel. This did not make the stay very relaxing! Their were also homeless people loitering outside and searching through the garbages which made me very uneasy. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and I will never return.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Never EVER Again"
Pros Booked online-saved some money. Cons wasnt told about a 2 month old policy that required us to give them a $200 deposit (damage I assume) on the room in addition to the room rates. There was a crudely made sign on the front desk notifying guests, however there was no mention of this when we booked. When I asked why there was no mention of it I was told it was a new policy. Had I known this I wouldnt have booked as it appears to be in a sketchy neighbourhood and now I know why the deposit. The room was small- we were just sleeeping in it. No big deal. Filthy. Dusty. Mouldy bathroom, stained walls. Disgusting. Loud- non stop partying after 11 and tile hallways and thin walls made it impossible to sleep. Do yourself a favor, spend a few extra bucks- be comfortable, have a clean space, and at least sleep the night. Avoid this hotel.
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Ray
"Weekend stay"
We had an air conditioner that made a strange noise when turned on or off and even while unplugged. It was a bit annoying as it kept me awake. I found that this area in Edmonton was a bit dodgy. But the room was clean and sufficient for our purpose.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE......BAD NEIGHBORHOOD!!!"
It was horrible. Bad neighborhood. Found out that It's located on ladies of the night ave. Lots of drunk people hanging around. I swear the lady doing check-ins was either drunk or high. We were suppose to have a Non-Smoking room. It stunk so bad as soon as you walked in. We believe that the smoke was coming through the air conditioner. There was a strange vent in the tub of the bathroom. Every time you walked into the bathroom you felt like you were being pounded with smoke as well. The vent was big and open.... Almost made you feel like someone was watching you. The room it's self appeared clean until you opened the sheets up. There were stains on the sheets. I tried calling the front desk because we were suppose to stay 2 nights but we didn't want to stay the next night. A guy answered the phone telling me to hold. I waited for 20 minutes. The lady finally answered and said she had been busy and security answered the phone (what hotel has security??). I asked if we could cancel for the 2nd night. Because I had booked online I could not. I had to call the company I booked with. I tried doing that all night and the following morning and it rand busy the whole time. We did not want to stay the extra night, so we checked out. WORST HOTEL I have ever stayed in. Do not stay here!
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Fran
Don't know how Travellodge east was because the booking agent on the toll free number booked me into the wrong location after being told which street the hotel was on. Fortunately there was a last minute cancellation at the south location, where I originally asked to stay and got a room. The Travelodge is not an overly clean or comfortable hotel. It was my fourth or forth choice but had to stay due to no vacancy at other hotels. The prices are too much for what they provide which is very little. It is a place to sleep and will do in a pinch but definitely not a top pick.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"A decent place to stay"
For the most part we found the location was easy to find. The cleanliness of the room was good. The restaurant and meals were good and the rates were reasonable. The hotel is in need of some maintenance. Our carpet was clean and look relatively new but needed to be restretched as there were a few rolls and unevenness. If we required to have another stay in Edmonton we would stay there again
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Dwayne
"Close to Rundell Park"
The hotel is dated but the staff are excellent. The room could have used a good cleaning. Did find some hair in the bathroom which was not anybody in our parties. Guess house keeping missed the bathroom. We did reserve a queen but ended up with a double. Rather than argue about the room we just stayed in it since we where gone most of the day. In that note the beds were rather mediocre, in fact the husband described them as a souffle, hard on the outside and soft in the middle. The air conditioner was modest and was working double over time to keep the room cool. In that note would we stay there again. Yes, for the bang for the buck, for it being only 5 minutes away from the Disc Golf Course we would come again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
j
"disappointing in many ways."
We expected the hotel to be in better shape. The room we were assigned had broken light fixtures so we had to move to a second room where someone had stolen the phone. The staff was quick to replace it. Going out one exit housekeeping staff watched till we were out as apparently persons occasionally came indoors and slept at the bottom floor level. The highlight of the visit was Tyson's Grill!g Stanley
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
"We have stayed there twice."
This was the 2nd time and we will continue to stay there when we visit Edmonton. Clean rooms ,friendly staff and good food along with the service make this our stay over of choice.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
m
"Very nice and comfortable rooms"
I really enjoyed my stay. The staff is great and the room was very clean and the beds are awesome.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
I have stayed at another Travel Lodge before and felt this one would be similarly great to stay in; it was okay, but not as great. My main issue was the noise. The room we got was on the main floor, and we were awakened each morning by the sounds of all the moving around upstairs, all the hallway traffic and those who are starting their vehicles about 2 feet from our front window. Perhaps the hallway can be carpeted so that foot traffic will be muted. Also, the windows can be soundproofed to prevent vehicular noise from seeping into the rooms.
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
Tennis coach
"Expedia dissapointment"
I have booked at the same Hotel three times now, a single smoking room. bur everytime I get there xpedia has a non smoking double queen booked. Don't know if the saving is worth the hassle of waiting till they get the room straightened out. Dispite my emails to expedia. the same mistake keeps hapening
Other trip Jun 21, 2014