All hotels in Dublin, Ireland
Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Dublin, 2, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Blooms hotel review"
The hotel was nice and the VAT was a fun pub! It was in a great area in the middle of Temple Bar. The rooms did not carry any extra noise from this and it was great!
2 night trip Nov 9, 2014
"Great location, but no room wifi and can be noisy"
Blooms Hotel is in a great spot, and the room was really clean, if sparse. The location makes getting around Dublin really easy. My two major complaints are that there is no wifi available in individual rooms and that the nightclub on the bottom floor can get noisy on weekend nights, which was rough because the room didn't have much in terms of soundproofing to keep the noise levels down for guests.
4 night trip Nov 4, 2014
"Great value for the money"
The location was great but can be noisy since it is right in the middle of the Temple Bar district, but we did not consider that an issue. There are plenty of restaurants and bars close by. The hotel itself is quaint and the rooms are simple but clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You couldn't beat the price for all of this. We would definitely stay there again on future trips.
4 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
Stacey
"Blooms? Yes. Tap? No."
The location was great and the room was adequate. The bar, downstairs, had the most unfriendly bartender I have ever met! Dublin is a great, walkable city. Walk to another pub and find another bartender!
3 night trip with friends Nov 3, 2014
Joyce
"Recommended for short stays"
Great location in Temple Bar, close to restaurants and shops; we arrived early and were able to store our luggage while we explored the city. Rooms are good-sized and beds comfortable. Bar in lobby was large and friendly; front-desk staff super helpful with local information. Very easy hotel to use for quick trips!
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
Amanda V
"Good hotel in great location"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and staff was always available to resolve any issues. Staff was very friendly.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Sandy
Overall an enjoyable stay but bath tub/shower very slippery. Great location in the heart of the city.
8 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Valentine F Morgan
"Close to Temple Bar and other surrounding attracti"
The hotel was very nice, they stored our bags when we arrived a little early, free of charge. The location was very convenient however the noise from the street and Temple Bar was very loud. If you're not a late nighter, you may find it hard to get to bed at a decent hour. Music and other sounds were coming from the bar area until the early morning hours. Overall a good experience though.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Liz
fantastic, clean, centraly located,very helpful staff
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
aj keenan
No air and breakfast was bad and over priced
2 night family trip Sep 17, 2014
"Blooms Hotel"
Great location for activities around Dublin City Center. Attached Vat welcoming and warm. Hotel staff very helpful and patient.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great location!"
2 minutes from the bus stop to/from Airport or bus pickup for lots of day tours, and right in Temple Bar! The room was large and nice, especially the bathroom. We had two rooms and the shower leaked terrible in one room. We were upgraded from two twin beds in each room to rooms with one twin, one full! Although the beds were fairly awful! We are young travelers and didn't mind the bed, but the alley was very, very noisy outside the room!! We needed to open the windows because of the heat and it was so loud 24/7!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
MB
"Good location."
A little noisy at night, but, tolerable. Great location. No air conditioning but weather wasn't bad, so the open window kept it okay.
3 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
"cosy hotel in the heart of Temple Bar"
This hotel was fantastic from before I even arrived. Due to travel delays I got in at 5 am the day after I was supposed to check in and found myself stranded at the ferry port. Called the hotel to see about getting a cab number and the receptionist sent a cab directly to me. Once I was there they were very accommodating; the receptionist, George I believe(?) was friendly and gave his personal recommendations for what to do on a rainy day. Wifi was only available in the lobby and connecting bar which was not an issue for me; if you need to send business emails or the like, though, the lobby was always quiet and orderly to do so. The room itself was fantastic; comfortable double bed, clean bathroom, and non-smoking. It did look into a courtyard or garage that was being renovated but as I was only in the room to sleep just closing the curtains took care of that. Blooms is a 3-minute walk from Trinity College with a connecting bar that had fantastic live music. Don't expect completely silent nights as you are in Temple Bar, but being off the main road (Dame Street) certainly helped keep the noise down. I will definitely book here again when I return to Dublin.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Margaret
"Nice Hotel, Loud Neighbors, VERY LOUD Neighbors!"
The hotel is a perfect location for Temple Bar, you are in the heart of the city staying here. The rooms are simple and clean. IF you stay in a double or single room expect a room with a VERY small shower. The shower is 3 ft by 3 ft and for woman impossible to shave your legs. There is no air conditioning in the hotel rooms which leads you to a troubling question: "Do I open the window for some cool air at night with the price being VERY loud music from Temple Bar and Club M the hotel Bar" or "Do I close the window to reduce the noise at the price of being hot"? If noise is an issue for you DO NOT STAY anywhere in Temple Bar it's not the hotel's fault. If you like to party and have fun, this is the perfect place.
6 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"Good location but noisy at night"
Nicely refurbished rooms, good breakfast available, so so pub, weak/spotty wi-fi, great central location.
4 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
The Blooms Hotel was so-so at best. The staff were not rude, but they were not friendly or terribly helpful either. The first night we arrived there was a building alarm going off a couple doors down the street. We left for dinner and didn't say anything, but when we came back from our evening out it was still going off so we politely asked if they could call the police or someone to see about getting it turned off but they said they couldn't do anything. The alarm continued all night and woke us up several times (even with the window shut, which made it stuffy in the room). Then upon check out I needed to walk my friend over to the bus to get to the airport and I was moving to another hotel - I said I would be gone less than 30 minutes but they still charged me 2 Euro per bag to hold my bags (4 Euro total) while I walked my friend to the bus. If I had been keeping them there all day I could understand, but we had stayed 3 nights and I was indeed gone less than 30 minutes. They still charged me. They are not a quiet place either. Being right in Temple Bar there are people out on the streets until 2am or 3am every night of the week (not just weekends). If you are looking for a quiet place to relax on your stay in Dublin this is not the place. The room seemed clean but the worst part about it was that the both me and my friend ended up with bug bites. The third person staying with us did not have them, but he was in a separate bed. I will be contacting the hotel about this.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Near the Temple Bar area of Dublin"
The hotel was sufficient for our needs - clean with very helpful staff. I think younger people would really appreciate the location of this hotel as it's around the corner from the Temple Bar (pedestrian street) with all the restaurants, pubs, music. Because of the location, it was noisy well into the wee hours of the morning.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Judy
"nice hotel... but very loud."
Our room was upgraded when we arrived, it was a nice BIG room. Very convenient to the Temple Bar area, which is great. But our room was right above their in house club, Club M. It was very very loud between the music thumping and the people screaming outside. Unless your there to party all night, I would stay a little farther away.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Nikki
"Close to all but very noisy."
Hard to sleep at night because of the noise. Good location for younger generation!
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
The hotel was nice, everything was clean. There is a bar in the bottom level and the patrons can be loud on the street sometimes. Hotel is in Temple Bar which puts you in the right place for the night life. Within walking distance of shopping and restaurants.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Bobbie
Very nice place to be centrally located in the heart of the city,
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Highly recommended"
This hotel is in a great location, super clean, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a few issues with the plugs and hair dryer in the room, but managed to get everything working with some patience. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others!!
3 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"So LOUD"
**I would like to specify, that we did not stay in this hotel during a weekend** The hotel was in a good location, near all the tour pick up locations which was nice. Though, it was so loud. We stayed at this hotel at 2 different times during our trip. The first time, it was ok, a little loud, but being in Temple Bar, I expected it. The second time, our room was on a different side of the hotel (basically on the other side of the hall from our first room). The increase in noise level was ridiculous and continued at all hours of the night. It wasn't even just from the people screaming outside our window, there was also the street cleaning truck that came at 4am. Also, the showers have very poor water pressure and the TV and hairdryer didn't work. Overall, it wasn't the best experience.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"Good base camp"
Overall, a pleasant enough stay. We stayed for four nights, so we had a decent grip on things by the time we left. The wifi, contrary to what I had read, does reach the rooms for the most part. The rooms themselves are basic, but were kept clean every day by the staff. The reception staff was "middle of the road", not really rude but not overly enthusiastic, either. We used it as a central location hotel, and it worked just fine for us. The only real knock is the fact that Temple Bar is very noisy at night, but you're aware of that ahead of time. All in all, it's a good hotel to choose if you want to be within walking distance of the best of Dublin.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Keith
"Sketchy hotel in sketchy area"
Don't stay here whatever you do. This hotel is awful!!!! The beds moved if you bumped into them and the windows didn't shut fully. The toilet moved when you sat on it (and I am not obese) and a creepy cab driver continuosly called for my room even when I didn't ever call for a cab to which the staff did nothing until I freaked out on them and they stated there were cameras throughout the hotel. Whatever you do, STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!!!
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Good value and location."
Great location and value compensates for the very small rooms. It also has a very nice Bar and the Hotel Manager was very helpful. This our third visit to this Hotel and we will surely return when we can.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Excellent location"
The room itself wasn't much to brag about; simply a bed and bathroom. But the location is brilliant. You're right in the heart of Temple Bar with the Liffey just about a block away. The Vat House, attached to the hotel, was great as well, and a good place to hear trad music. Other reviews I've read complained about the noise, but lets face it, you're in party central, and no one comes to Temple Bar for a quiet weekend and an early bedtime.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Absolutely Outstanding!"
The Blooms and its staff, helped make my vacation to Ireland the best vacation I have ever had. The staff was very friendly, courteous, helpful and professional. Congratulations to the Blooms Hotel for being able to put together such a great team! I had read that the music from the Vat House could be heard in the guest rooms, I mentioned this when I checked in, and the staff put me in a room on the 4th floor, and it worked, slept like a baby. I will book the Blooms Hotel again, next year, when I return to Ireland.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
This room was a great value. We were there for six days and found it easy to walk to all attractions. As other reviews point out, it is noisy on the weekends but bring ear plugs and get a room on the highest floor possible.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Bridget
The hotel, staff and food were great. The bathroom spotless. The room a little on the worn side. The bed so so. Overall for a one night state it was great.
1 night trip May 4, 2014
Charlene
Everything was great until the last night. We came back late from a tour and they hadn't cleaned our room. Had to wait for clean towels etc. And in our haste we forgot to ask for some other things we needed. But other than that it was a great stay.
6 night trip Apr 8, 2014
sharon
"Great location, budget hotel"
This hotel was in a great spot for walking to everything we wanted to see in the city, but it was definitely a budget hotel. We were comfortable enough, but had to ask them to clean the room one day when we returned at 5pm to see they hadn't come by yet. The batteries in the tv remote were also dead. If I tried to turn the hair dryer on high, it just shut off. The attached bar was good, great bartender. Overall, it was a good budget pick for us, but by no means a nice or fancy place.
4 night romance trip Mar 9, 2014
"Pay for what you get"
Pictures on website were a little deceiving, but nice, clean room. Couldn't ask for more.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Monique
"entitled management"
value not worth it
5 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
"In the middle of it all"
Not the cheapest place to stay, but very functional and if you do not have to bring a car, the best place to site-see as a base. The hotel has a pleasant pub with great pub grub and selection of beers. It's on an out of the way street, but connects easily to the main streets. I will definately stay here again. Nothing fancy, but very clean, safe, and functional.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Ok, you think the price is right and the location is great; so did we. Reasons not to act on this intuition: 1. Black mold in the bathroom 2. Carpets are kinda gross (including complimentary pins on them) 3. Even on the fourth floor the yelling outside sounds like you're on the ground floor 4. The base of the club that's conveniently located underneath of you will keep you up from 1100 to 0230 every night. To tell you where we're coming from we really would have dealt with everything mentioned above, but the club music was the last straw. We actually paid for a night at this hotel to not stay here and move to the Jurys Christ Church which is AWESOME. If you're interested in seeing Ireland and not just partying every night then do yourself a favor and don't stay here. If you're looking for a great drinking scene for a cheaper alternative then by all means don't hesitate to book this place. The location is prime and there's a bar (Vat House) that's located below (not the club I'm talking about) which is fantastic.
2 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Jeffrey
"Great for Aviva rugby weekend"
Close walk from bus stops from airport. Nice stroll to Aviva. pubs on the way or just take transport to field. Although in Temple Bar if room is not facing street not noisy. 2 single bed room fine for two. Good for price. Can walk to all the sites like brewery and distillery if that is your thing. Walk the booze off. +'s location, price, rooms clean. -'s if room is facing street could be loud, on weekends you will have people in rooms making noise early & late for stag & bachelorette party. Great hotel for stag, bachelorette, rugby, Gaelic, or football weekends
2 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Temple Bar area"
Medium size hotel in Temple Bar area. Comfortable and convenient. Only drawback for some may be the nightclub downstairs on weekends. The music was loud and the drums were thumping but it put us to sleep after a full day of walking around. Very close to many good restaurants and pubs and Trinity College, small shops and easy walk to Grafton Street shopping.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2013
Janet
"Good Location and Good Service - Poor Internet"
The location and helpfulness of the staff were both excellent. The only poor mark for this hotel is the inconsistent and extremely slow internet connection. At times the internet was inaccessible; when it was accessible it was horribly slow.
3 night family trip Nov 16, 2013
"Plain but effective"
This hotel is in a great location, central to everything and in Temple Bar. Of course, that made for noisy nights till late outside our window. The room was simple and clean and a decent size. There aren't any extras or amenities but it's attached to a pub which is super convenient.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2013
Rachel
"Convenient location but uncomfortable room"
The hotel is in the main area of Temple Bar but sacrifice comfort. The room does not have a ventilation system except for opening the window. The bathroom's vent did nothing but make noise and so after a shower, the bathroom would be moist for hours. The room was small but for the location, a good compromise. You can hear the other patrons passing by in the hall so the room isn't very sound proof. There's cute bar with live Irish music downstairs. The front desk is pretty clueless about important things like nearby pharmacies and medical facilities. Also, they charge 2 EUR for holding a bag if you check out of the hotel.
3 night trip Oct 8, 2013
It was a nice place, but sort of cramped for the baby cot and space with having our baby with us. The bathroom was tiny, but overall it was a decent hotel.
4 night family trip Oct 14, 2013
"Good location and decent sized."
I was able to check in on the late morning which was nice since I had just flown in. The room was a queen and a single which was a bit odd but worked well. Beds were a little on the budget side but comfy enough.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Best deal in Dublin"
We love this hotel. Close to the action
2 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Close to all dublin sight seeing."
Good hotel, very good location center to all sight seeing. I would recommend this hotel. My self and wife had a good time during our stay in Dublin. We were happy, due to very close to everything. Only 10 Euros round trip bus ride to and from Dublin airport.
3 night romance trip Oct 8, 2013
Dave Singh
"Very Disappointing"
After an 8 hour overnight flight, all I wanted was to get to my hotel, take a shower, possibly a nap, and enjoy my day. But somehow my booking got messed up and they forced me to pay for the night before, even though I had emailed them stating I was coming in on a specific day. I had to fight to get a few precious hours in my room to take a shower and relax. The room was not acceptable. It was VERY tiny, and the shower had zero pressure. The bed was so uncomfortable and there was zero view. I have never been more disappointed by a hotel and its service.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Temple Bar Location is Excellant"
The hotel was very nice. A bit difficult to find with the lack of signage. Plan not to drive or be sure to know which parking ramp to park in.
2 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Sylvia
"perfect for temple bar nightlife"
Hotel was nice and clean. Rooms were a decent size for a European hotel. Good breakfast and nice bar / pub on site. Great location for going out in Temple Bar. Only complaint was that it was VERY LOUD at night so if you are a light sleeper, this is a no go. There is constant music, screaming, bar sounds because you are so close to the heart of Dublin nightlife. We didn't mind because we wanted to be that close, but it was loud on the weekend.
2 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
"Well placed in Temple Bar Dublin"
Hotel was clean and convenient to transportation and great restaurants and pubs as well as cultural attractions in Dublin.
3 night trip Sep 24, 2013